The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Singsing 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-26-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Singsing Click to send private message to Singsing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
All I can say is ``Oy vey`` and ``Again?``

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`... Leadoff 10-27-04 1
   RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`... eagle_eyez 10-27-04 2
       RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`... geg6 10-27-04 3
           RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`... Viewer 10-27-04 4
   RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`... BOYmeetsREALITY 10-30-04 10
 RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`... Out4Blood 10-28-04 5
   RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`... Viewer 10-28-04 6
   WARNING Bebo 10-28-04 7
       RE: WARNING Out4Blood 10-29-04 8
           RE: WARNING Bebo 10-29-04 9
 RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`... banzai 10-30-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Leadoff 60 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-04, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Leadoff Click to send private message to Leadoff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
>All I can say is ``Oy
>vey`` and ``Again?``

Wait 'til you see this week's episode, where the reward is meeting the Mayor of Jersey City.

eagle_eyez 78 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-04, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eagle_eyez Click to send private message to eagle_eyez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
>>All I can say is ``Oy
>>vey`` and ``Again?``
>
>Wait 'til you see this week's
>episode, where the reward is
>meeting the Mayor of Jersey
>City.

Hopefully, the rewards will get better. Mayor Giuliani, I could understand. But really...who is Mayor Bloomberg? He is important, I understand but to most people outside of New York
(and parts of New Jersey), he's nobody.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-27-04, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
I can't even fathom what would be so great about Guiliani. Can't see that he has a bunch of "business" smarts to pass along. Actually, unless the reward is an internship (where you'd actually learn something rather than hear a bunch of platitudes)with someone who actually runs a business like Sumner Redstone or Bill Gates, then these rewards are completely useless.

Viewer 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-27-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Viewer Click to send private message to Viewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
Thank goodness for TiVo...buh-beep..buh-beep!

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
Well..it now seems like the "Meet the Mayor" sessions were downright riveting after viewing this week's lame reward of watching TV in Times Square!!!

Out4Blood 52 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-04, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Out4Blood Click to send private message to Out4Blood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-04 AT 02:26 AM (EST)

You're kidding, right? You been living in a cave for 20 years?

Michael Bloomberg is self-made billionaire (~$5 billion) similar in scale to Bill Gates and Michael Dell. Not only that, he got elected to the most prestigious Mayorial position in the country. So he's been a stunning success in both business AND politics.

He's actually much more interesting than any of the other "successful" people Trump has had them meet.

Now that might not mean much to the general reality TV audience crowd (who appear to live in caves equipped with TiVO and cable TV), but I'll bet it meant a lot to the candidates. To any of the people in the investment or financial markets (like most of the candidates), or even large companies, Bloomberg is a household name.

Bio:

After his college graduation, he gained an MBA from Harvard and in the summer of 1966, he was hired by Salomon Brothers to work on Wall Street.

He quickly advanced through the ranks, and became a partner in 1972. Soon after, he was supervising all of Salomon's stock trading, sales and later, its information systems. He was fired in 1981 after another company acquired Salomon. Michael Bloomberg used his stake from the Salomon sale to start his own company, an endeavor that would revolutionize the way that Wall Street does business. As a young trader, he had been amazed at the archaic nature in which information was stored. When he needed to see how a stock had been trading three weeks ago, he had to find a copy of the Wall Street Journal from the date in question, and the records system consisted of clerks penciling trades in oversize ledgers. So, he created a financial information computer that would collect and analyze different combinations of past and present securities data and deliver it immediately to the user.

In 1982, Bloomberg L.P. sold 20 subscriptions to its service; 20 years later, Bloomberg LP has over 165,000 subscribers worldwide. As the business proved its viability, the company branched out and in 1990 Bloomberg LP entered the media business, launching a news service, and then radio, television, Internet, and publishing operations.

Nearly 20 years after its founding, Bloomberg LP now employs more than 8,000 people -- including 2,500 in New York City -- in more than 100 offices worldwide. As the company enjoyed tremendous growth, he dedicated more of his time and energy to philanthropy and civic affairs. His desire to improve education, advance medical research and increase access to the arts, has provided the motivation for much of his philanthropy.

Viewer 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-28-04, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Viewer Click to send private message to Viewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
I'm sure that it IS a big deal to the contestants. It's BORING to watch on The Apprentice though. The TASKS, the contestant interaction, and the Boardroom experience are the aspects that keep viewers tuning in, not the play-by-play of "winning nights."

"Now that might not mean much to the general reality TV audience crowd (who appear to live in caves equipped with TiVO and cable TV)"

Who were you trying to put down, Sir? Obviously, you watch reality TV, or you wouldn't be posting to this forum, would you?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-04, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "WARNING"
Now that might not mean much to the general reality TV audience crowd (who appear to live in caves equipped with TiVO and cable TV)

Bashing other posters is not permitted here. While you may disagree with a poster about the merits of a Bloomberg visit, and post information supporting your position, it is not acceptable to attack other posters while doing so.

Out4Blood 52 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Out4Blood Click to send private message to Out4Blood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WARNING"
My comment was directed at the "general reality TV audience," not anyone in particular. However, I offer my most humble apologies if any TiVo-using cave dwellers were offended.

I do find it a little hypocritical, though, that on this board we are free to bash and demean REAL people, yet not say anything about the fake personalities on the board itself...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: WARNING"
We don't pretend to be any high moral standard here, but we do have guidelines on how our posters are to be treated. If that makes us hypocriters, so be it.

What do you expect from a message forum that started on a site called SurvivorBlows?

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-30-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: About another ``Meet-the-mayor`` reward..."
Mr. Trump just want to emphasize leadership for future contestants. Leadership is very important. He wants it. He needs it.
That's his quest and that's all he cares.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •