The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""get off my designer suit" or "...with my rolex presidential""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

pooball 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-26-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pooball Click to send private message to pooball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""get off my designer suit" or "...with my rolex presidential""
Which was worse? Maria or Chris? I say maria bc it was just a bitchy quip which didn't need the use of the word "designer". Who says that?? (By the way, I think this was in episode 2 or 3 - it wasnt in the dog episode) Who says my "designer" suit - lol. People that wear a lot of designer clothes generally don't think that way do they? (I don't wear THAT much designer - but even I forget what is bannana republic vs what is designer half the time when I'm wearing it) I guess if you have 1 designer suit like Marge Simpson one episode, then it's an issue. But still, c'mon. I think Chris was at least making a point like - I achieved all this stuff (however gaudy it may be...) and now i'm washing a dog...like, look at this juxtaposition. Of course he would've needed raj to give him the word juxtaposition. (am i using it right? it's been a while)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "get off my designer suit" or "... Kelly_Smith 10-26-04 1
 RE: "get off my designer suit" or "... HistoryDetective 10-26-04 2
   RE: "get off my designer suit" or "... jae 10-27-04 3
 RE: "get off my designer suit" or "... amea_gari 10-27-04 4
   RE: "get off my designer suit" or "... eagle_eyez 10-27-04 5
       RE: "get off my designer suit" or "... amea_gari 10-27-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kelly_Smith 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-26-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly_Smith Click to send private message to Kelly_Smith Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "get off my designer suit" or "...with my rolex presidential""
I think Chris and Maria should get married and go on MTV's Newlyweds. Would be hysterical.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-26-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "get off my designer suit" or "...with my rolex presidential""
If you're talking about unnecessary words, then I think that Chris is still in the race since he found it necessary to inform us that he wears a Rolex PRESIDENTIAL. Not a Rolex, a Rolex PRESIDENTIAL. Now, I don't know the names of the different levels of quality and elegance associated with Rolex watches, but I'm guessing that Chris's watch was not the least expensive Rolex that he could buy or else he would not have made a point of letting us know it was a Rolex PRESIDENTIAL.

Rolex PRESIDENTIAL!!!

jae 412 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-27-04, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jae Click to send private message to jae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "get off my designer suit" or "...with my rolex presidential""
I would lean slightly in favor of Chris because apparently he did work really hard to get that Rolex. I don't know how hard Maria worked but given her refusal to lift a finger to help her teammates in most situations, I would say she probably didn't.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-27-04, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "get off my designer suit" or "...with my rolex presidential""
My vote for worst goes to Maria. Chris made his "look at my pretty gold watch!" comment to elevate himself. Maria made her "get off my -designer suit-" comment to belittle someone else. Elizabeth I think it was? hard to explain why that comment was belittling, it just really came off as a minor attack on whoever had the misfortune to wrinkle her overpriced crap.
They're both ostentatious, and I don't think there's an ounce of class in being ostentatious. But it's even worse when you use your status symbols to belittle someone else.

eagle_eyez 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-27-04, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eagle_eyez Click to send private message to eagle_eyez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "get off my designer suit" or "...with my rolex presidential""
> They're both ostentatious, and I
>don't think there's an ounce
>of class in being ostentatious.
>But it's even worse when
>you use your status symbols
>to belittle someone else.

Honestly, who cares? Neither one of them will be around to the end anyway...

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-27-04, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "get off my designer suit" or "...with my rolex presidential""
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-04 AT 04:33 PM (EST)

I think Pooball cares :}

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •