The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What?"
Sorry Elton, but I do NOT agree that the voting is racist. I'm really shocked and surprised that he would say this.

Just say no to trolls.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What? emydi 04-27-04 1
 RE: What? idlegossip 04-27-04 2
   RE: What? Breezy 04-27-04 4
   RE: What? broodgal 04-27-04 12
 RE: What? zombiebaby 04-27-04 3
   RE: What? JOSHIDOL 04-27-04 5
       RE: What? shedevil 04-27-04 8
           RE: What? JOSHIDOL 04-27-04 10
               Agree Breezy 04-27-04 11
               RE: What? dkay1211 04-27-04 13
                   Good point Breezy 04-27-04 15
           RE: What? curveball 04-27-04 16
               RE: What? shedevil 04-27-04 23
           RE: What? idlegossip 04-27-04 22
 RE: What? archon 04-27-04 6
   RE: What? Breezy 04-27-04 7
 So... What? curveball 04-27-04 9
   RE: So... What? dkay1211 04-27-04 14
       RE: So... What? JOSHIDOL 04-27-04 17
           RE: So... What? TDeniseS 04-27-04 19
               RE: So... What? TeamJoisey 04-28-04 28
       RE: So... What? Mistral 04-27-04 21
 RE: What? bighair 04-27-04 18
   RE: What? Chrissy gal 04-27-04 24
 RE: What? greenmonstah 04-27-04 20
   RE: What? callalilly3000 04-27-04 25
 RE: What? survivorscott 04-28-04 26
 RE: What? 1simplyme 04-28-04 27
   RE: What? TeamJoisey 04-28-04 31
       Wait a minute! Breezy 04-28-04 33
           RE: Wait a minute! Devious Weasel 04-28-04 34
       RE: What? curveball 04-28-04 36
   RE: What? emydi 04-28-04 32
   RE: What? geg6 04-28-04 35
   RE: What? lovelypl 04-28-04 37
 RE: What? SherpaDave 04-28-04 29
   Oh my goodness Breezy 04-28-04 30
       RE: Oh my goodness ginger 04-28-04 39
 RE: What? lovelypl 04-28-04 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-04 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

Me too, Breezy

On what grounds does he say this, he even checks himself before saying it, but says it anyway.

Reading the article just supports the fact that the 3 black young women split their vote.

And by the way, why is Ryan commenting on the vote and who or who doesnt have talent, is that his job? I can see the judges doing this more so, but the host?

et correct spelling
emydi

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What?"
ITA Breezy!

The whole article is choppy, too. Poorly written, I think. For the author to say that Elton was a guest judge is wrong. He didn't stick around for the performances. For Elton to say that these women are constantly in the bottom 3 is also just wrong. This is one article that just would have been better off not written.

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

04-27-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What?"
I noticed all the mistakes too, didn't anyone edit this article before it went to print?

Just say no to trolls.

broodgal 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-27-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail broodgal Click to send private message to broodgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What?"
ITA. Funny i remember that it was Fantasias first time in the bottom three. Guess he really doesnt watch the show!

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What?"
Agree with you Breezy!

It still looks like it adds up to more publicity for AI. I may be cynical but I am sure the network is loving it.

***Keeping it plain & simple since 19XX***

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-27-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What?"
Oh I saw Elton say that. he also made the comment that the only 3 people who had any talent on that show was Latoya, Fantasia and jennifer. I was a bit taken aback by his comments and excuse me but from what I understood I don't think those 3 did so well with his songs.
He relates to them because he is a Diva himself.
I thought he came off extremely rude and to make remarks like that. Well then he should just put his little fingers to work and vote if he does not want his divas to go home.
He thought so much of them he was not even there live for them the night they performed.
Who needs his remarks anyway???

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What?"
Elton has just as much of a right to his opinion as we do. Are you all saying he's not allowed to express it like we are right now just because he's famous and you don't agree with him? Ryan has a right to his opinion too, host or not. Would everyone be complaining that Elton voiced his opinion if you agreed with him? I'm thinking no. I disagree about it being race related, but I have no problem with him sharing his feelings.

04-27-04, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What?"
I don' think he should get up there and say that the only 3 people who had any talent in the contest are Fantasia, Latoya and Jennifer. That was a rotten thing to say. Some people may look at Elton has having no talent. Talent is looked upon differently to everyone. Lets face it thee are some people who think Jon Stevens has talent, God forbid.... Elton was off base and then to throw the race card in there, come on. This guy should apologize.

04-27-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
11. "Agree"
They all have some talent, otherwise they wouldn't have made it this far in the competition.

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What?"
All of the contestants are talented IMO...just because some of them may not be your cup of tea doesn't make them any less talented....I did not like Jennifer and was not unhappy to see her go, yet I believe her to be a talented singer....

People who are big fans of LaToya and Fantasia better think about the fact that all of this backlash and uproar over last week's show could end up working against them IMO....fans of the other four may start voting like crazy because they may be ticked off that once again ALL of the focus is on the so called "divas"....I know I am tired of it and if another one goes this week it is fine with me...they will still get their record deals anyway, but I personally am sick of hearing how wonderful they are and everyone else is just along for the ride with them....=)

04-27-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
15. "Good point"
It is possible that Diana and John's fans will be rabid because of all the hoopla against them.

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-04 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

HEre's where I have a problem - the idea of the show is for viewers to watch, and vote. Celebrities, who have easier means than the "real world", should not be putting themselves in a position to voice an opinion to the general public. This is not a campaign. If he likes JHud he can vote for her, tour with her, sign and record her, whatever he wants. Just don't try to campaign for her.

I don't like Jennifer, I won't buy her record, and I don't think America is racist. Saying she got voted out based on race makes him look stupid. When you make stupid comments, and you are in a position where they will be published, you are being stupid. Doesn't matter who agrees with you.

edited to spell

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: What?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-04 AT 07:14 PM (EST)

HEre's where I have a problem - the idea of the show is for viewers to watch, and vote. Celebrities, who have easier means than the "real world", should not be putting themselves in a position to voice an opinion to the general public. This is not a campaign. If he likes JHud he can vote for her, tour with her, sign and record her, whatever he wants. Just don't try to campaign for her.
I don't like Jennifer, I won't buy her record, and I don't think America is racist. Saying she got voted out based on race makes him look stupid. When you make stupid comments, and you are in a position where they will be published, you are being stupid. Doesn't matter who agrees with you.

You could say the same for the finalists. When you go on "American Idol" you are in a position to be criticized. I wasn't here for the previous season. Was anyone complaining about all the celebs like Beyonce who were campaining for Ruben?

Edit something else I'd like to add:
Unless there is a rule somewhere that celebs can't vote, then Elton has the same right you do, which is "to voice an opinion to the general public".

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What?"
SD,

That was not my intent at all. I think he's entitled to his opinion, and he voiced it. It's just that the whole article is flawed in facts and it's choppy, like it was longer and someone just took parts of it to print.

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What?"
Hey Breezy...

Cant say I expected better from him... Musically, I think he is brilliant... As for other matters...

Its a shame that actors/musicians don't remember that they are just PERFORMERS. Their opinions are about as informed as any other persons (in fact, they are probably less informed because they do not live in the "real" world). The only reason their opinions are given any weight is due to the microphone/camera that is perpetually attached to them.

D*mn, I can't stand opinionated celebs....

Archon
The opinions of this poster are valid because -- well, because his wife says they are...

04-27-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
7. "RE: What?"
I love his music too, but these remarks are so off base and uncalled for.

*giggle*

04-27-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "So... What?"
To say the voting is racist is to say that the population of viewers voting is racist. And if they are, well, so what? People do things for different reasons, and if people will call in and vote for someone else because they are NOT black, they can. Lots of people lost their lives leaving Elton's homeland to earn this right.

If you believe the phone lines are taken over by a bunch of racist dialers, then you have two choices. Deal with it, or call in yourself. Don't cry racism when your favorite is voted out.

He's not the first one to say it. I'm not shocked, because I have no respect for him. Often people that are "minority" in some way or another (skin, religion, sex pref, etc) become minority supporters, empowered by the belief that middle class white America is out to get everyone else. In the popularity contest that AI has become, we have two white performers, 4 black, and a hawaiian girl. Statistically speaking, it is no surprise a black performer was voted out. You know what? Before we're done, at least 3 more black performers will be voted out, and it has nothing to do with racism, it has to do with democracy.

Simon says it best, "If you're going to let America vote, you have to deal with who America votes for..."

People will make excuses to avoid the truth. It could be an out or safe call, a promotion at work you don't get, or whatever. The truth with Jennifer is that most people believed she wasn't the best. btw, I don't remember the race card being played when Ruben beat out Clay. Clay just shook his hand and went out and out-sold him.

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: So... What?"
So then was it racist a couple of weeks ago when JPL, John, and Diana were bottom 3??? I didn't hear anyone saying that all the black people in the country must be voting against them.....the accusation of racism in this contest is absurd....

04-27-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: So... What?"
Once again I would like to make the point that George is Black.... However he is a black male so since the 3 black divas were in the bottom 3 it was racist.
I am getting tired of this stuff too.
It is so obvious who they are campaiging for to win, if they are so worried about the other 4's CD's not selling lets look at Mr. Hung who was 34 on the charts. That should tell you something.
Hopefully America will continue to vote as they have been and the one with the most votes wins.

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TDeniseS Click to send private message to TDeniseS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: So... What?"
>I am getting tired of this stuff too. >

I am getting tired of people being in denial....... the truth shall set you free!

And for the record....Diana is not White.... oops, I shouldn't let that cat out of the bag...she may lose votes...forget I said anything.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-28-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: So... What?"

Denial?

Which of these is more likely:

A)Fans of LaToya, Fantasia and Jennifer, feeling their favorites were safe, failed to vote; while fans of John, Jasmine and Diana, feeling their favorites were in trouble, voted repeatedly...

or,

B)White America is conspiring to keep blacks from succeeding in the music industry.

Talk of racism in the voting is just that: racist. Crying racism for everything that doesn't go your way, now THAT is denial.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: So... What?"
Exactly what I was saying! Was it racist when JPL got voted out? Or was the voting "unfair?" This show is going to pan out the way it pans out and people getting their panties in a bunch about it ain't gonna change a thing.

In all honesty, this stuff doesn't amount a hill of beans when we have Americans dying in Iraq every day......

bighair 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-27-04, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bighair Click to send private message to bighair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What?"
This is driving me absolutely insane!

If the voting is so racially driven, then someone needs to explain to me how Fantasia, LaToya, Jasmine, and George managed to outlast Leah, Matt, Amy, and JLP. Not to mention the fact that Diana has spent plenty of time in the bottom 3, and George has yet to make an appearance. (Except that I just did :p )

Racism is a terrible thing and a problem that many people face every day. Maybe Elton John would be better served protesting the fact that someone is denied housing or a job based on their race, rather than a flippin TV show.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-27-04, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What?"
I'm with you on this Bighair!

Start with 12 contestants:
5 "White"
4 "African-American"
2 "Filipino" (or Hawaiian depending on how you look at it)
1 "Latino"

First 3 out - "White"
Next - "Filipino"
Next - "White"

Top 7
1 "White"
4 "African-American"
1 "Filipino"
1 "Latino"

Week 6 the first "African-American" is voted out and America is racist??? The numbers don't add up.

I think there is a conspiracy against "White" contestants!

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What?"
Elton is just pi$$ed because he is short.

I would have contributed something more substantial but the link ain't linking for me.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-27-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: What?"
I would have to agree with you Monstah! Great observation.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-28-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: What?"
Racism is a sensitive and controversial word and practice. Making that allegation without looking over all the factors involved just makes you look ignorant.
we have discussed and debated several reasons why Jennifer was booted this week and I don't think one of them was race related (correct me if I am wrong).
Elton may have thought by saying that, he was sensitive to the plight of the african american race. but it just made him look, uneducated.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: What?"
Let me start by saying, "Racisism is an illness"

Speaking for my power voting group: We don't know if someone in control of the voting process is racist, prejudice, mentally chalenged, evil, or righteous.

This is what we know: Latoya, Fantasia, George, and Jennifer have the best vocal talent of all the AI3 finalists. We also know that Jasmine, Diana, and John can't touch any of them with a ten foot pole when it comes to vocal talent.

We know we power voted last week, as did every other "fan of the best" there is no way you or anyone else can make us believe the voting process was tainted in some way last week.

According to AI1 and AI2 the majority of American voters were going for vocal talent. Kelly and Ruben were named AI because of their vocal talent and America's votes for their favorites.

Every one who watches AI knows how important it is to vote for their favorite. It is so easy for some people to say the votes were split, or their fans didn't vote, etc... Saying things like that when it is so untrue only convinces people of acover up somewhere.

Ruben won AI2 because his fans voted for him. Remember Kimberly Locke? She was in 3rd place. How did that happen, what about split votes between Ruben and her? Give me a break people.

The truth of the matter is, something went wrong, and lots of people know it including Elton John.

You can believe what you want to believe, but the fans of the best know the truth and the fans aren't having it!

Simply put, Simply me.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-28-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: What?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-04 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

> We don't know if
>someone in control of the
>voting process is racist, prejudice,
>mentally chalenged, evil, or righteous.

On this issue, you don't know much. I suggest you bring you complaint to the FCC, which strictly monitors this voting process.
>
>This is what we know:
>Latoya, Fantasia, George, and Jennifer
>have the best vocal talent
>of all the AI3 finalists.
> We also know that
>Jasmine, Diana, and John can't
>touch any of them with
>a ten foot pole when
>it comes to vocal talent.

>
Correction: this is what you THINK. Judging talent is subjective. That's why we have so many different genres of music and so many disparate recording artists. Some folks can't stand Elton John, some can't stand Beyonce Knowles, and some can't stand Dolly Parton. But they all sell records to people who THINK they have talent.

> >
>We know we power voted last
>week, as did every other
>"fan of the best"
>there is no way you
>or anyone else can make
>us believe the voting process
>was tainted in some way
>last week.

I don't think the voting process was tainted, but people's perception of democracy certainly are tainted. And this "we" you speak of... sounds a little racist to me. Have you personally contacted millions whose votes were not counted?

>According to AI1 and AI2 the
>majority of American voters were
>going for vocal talent.
>Kelly and Ruben were named
>AI because of their vocal
>talent and America's votes for
>their favorites.
>

Perhaps you are unaware that Ruben's victory was extremely close, and the source of debate for many weeks later. Millions of Clay fans feel the voting process was tainted to favor Ruben. But I don't recall anyone suggesting a racial element.

>Every one who watches AI knows
>how important it is to
>vote for their favorite.
>It is so easy for
>some people to say the
>votes were split, or their
>fans didn't vote, etc...
>Saying things like that when
>it is so untrue only
>convinces people of acover up
>somewhere.

Can you prove these things are untrue? Because I'm sure the producers could produce actual numbers if the FCC demanded them.
>
>Ruben won AI2 because his fans
>voted for him. Remember
>Kimberly Locke? She was
>in 3rd place. How
>did that happen, what about
>split votes between Ruben and
>her? Give me a
>break people.
>

Ruben and Kimberly Locke also finished in the bottom 3 at times.

>The truth of the matter is,
>something went wrong, and lots
>of people know it including
>Elton John.
>
>You can believe what you want
>to believe, but the fans
>of the best know the
>truth and the fans aren't
>having it!

If you KNOW it, prove it. Otherwise, it is just an opinion. And worth as much as Elton John's opinion.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

04-28-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
33. "Wait a minute!"
There are people out there that don't like Dolly Parton? *boggle*

As far as the rest of your post TJ, I have to agree.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Wait a minute!"
I can think of two reasons to love Dolly Parton...

04-28-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
36. "RE: What?"
In honor of Sir EJ, I'll keep it "short".

I agree with TJ

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: What?"
Who is WE???

I along with other peeps like True, Survivor Scott, dkay and others do like John. Also there are Diana and Jasmine fans also.

Millions of other also agree as based on the votes of last week.

Conspiracy, Racism? I say Prove it, show me the evidence. (in my best Cuba Gooding impersonation)

You can't. That's why it's easy for Sir Elton to say something like that (it cant be disproven either)

With over 20 million votes cast by TELEPHONE, how can anything like this be proven. By the end result. No, that's not logical--not with so many variables involved.

emydi

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: What?"
>Speaking for my power voting group:
> We don't know if
>someone in control of the
>voting process is racist, prejudice,
>mentally chalenged, evil, or righteous.

And your power voting group consists of, what, you and a few friends? Do you have any idea how many people are voting all across the country? Is your group so deluded as to think that you are the only ones out there voting?

>This is what we know:
>Latoya, Fantasia, George, and Jennifer
>have the best vocal talent
>of all the AI3 finalists.
> We also know that
>Jasmine, Diana, and John can't
>touch any of them with
>a ten foot pole when
>it comes to vocal talent.

This would be your and your friends' opinions. I personally think Fantasia is horrible and should have been gone long ago. I also think that Diana is very good. Do you have some sort of qualifications that would make it sensible for me to change my opinion due to your superior knowledge or experience? It better be good because neither Randy or Simon (successful record producers) or Paula (a successful recording artist) have been able to make me change my opinion of Fantasia.

>We know we power voted last
>week, as did every other
>"fan of the best"
>there is no way you
>or anyone else can make
>us believe the voting process
>was tainted in some way
>last week.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe John's, Diana's, and Jasmine's fans power vote, too? Do you really think that the FCC would allow any voting hanky-panky when they are in the midst of a witchhunt with the TV industry in general? In reality, you only KNOW what you and your friends think. Not what the rest of the nation thinks.

>According to AI1 and AI2 the
>majority of American voters were
>going for vocal talent.
>Kelly and Ruben were named
>AI because of their vocal
>talent and America's votes for
>their favorites.

If these are your examples, then I have to beg to differ. I've never particularly liked either one of them. So your opinion of vocal talent and mine are obviously different. And as far as America's favorite, then according to your logic, the votes must have been tainted last year because Clay has sold more albums and singles than Ruben. That would ipso facto make Clay America's favorite so the voting must have been fixed last year for Ruben to win.

>Every one who watches AI knows
>how important it is to
>vote for their favorite.
>It is so easy for
>some people to say the
>votes were split, or their
>fans didn't vote, etc...
>Saying things like that when
>it is so untrue only
>convinces people of acover up
>somewhere.

Votes split among contestants and complacent fans are a much more logical and simple explanation than conspiracy theories. I know conspiracies are more exciting, but they don't often happen in the real world.

>Ruben won AI2 because his fans
>voted for him. Remember
>Kimberly Locke? She was
>in 3rd place. How
>did that happen, what about
>split votes between Ruben and
>her? Give me a
>break people.

I think the fact that Ruben's and KLo's styles had absolutely nothing in common might explain why their votes were not split. Unless you are obliquely saying that because they are both black that that factor alone is what people vote on. The fact that one is female and one is male has no effect in your world?

>The truth of the matter is,
>something went wrong, and lots
>of people know it including
>Elton John.

Elton John has not proven to me that he knows anything beyond his ability write and perform some good music (don't include the lyrics because he doesn't write those). I've been listening to Elton since he first came on the scene, both his music and his "pronouncements" on life. I'll take his music (and not all of that even) and he can just keep his pronouncements because he's just not all that bright. But that's my opinion.

lovelypl 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovelypl Click to send private message to lovelypl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: What?"
I couldn't agree with you more SIMPLY YOU, by the way love that name!

America should wake up and see what's happening right before our eyes.

"Lovely"

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: What?"
Mmmmmm. Breezy's a Bunny. *drool*

And yes, Elton is a maroon.

Criminals From the Neck UpThe Writers' Rendez-VousSmokeLong Quarterly

04-28-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
30. "Oh my goodness"
Look everyone!!! It's a SherpaDave sighting!

Who wants to do the bunny hop with me?

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Oh my goodness"
She's so lucky...he DROOLED on her!

Them. There. Eyes.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

lovelypl 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovelypl Click to send private message to lovelypl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: What?"
Yup, typical, you didn't think Racist America would be exposed. And to think by a Caucasion. Oh my!

Seriously, I'm not sure it was about race, but I do think there was some wrong doing with the voting system.

According to AI representatives and some anti JH, LL, GH, & FM fans, JH was voted off due to not enough votes from her fans, and the others were voted into the bottom.

This left JS, DD, & JT in the top.

After the shock from most of the AI viewers and voters, the best defense any "anti best fans" & AI staff could come up with was: Come on people you have to vote for your favorites, what is wrong with America? etc... Clearly, even the judges were upset, and astonished.

This is a reality show, and the reality is that AI faithfuls realized immediately that something went wrong. And most of the veiwers know that it had nothing to do with the fans of JH, LL, GH, & FM voting or not. Of course their fans voted, of course the fans of the others voted.

Of all of the people I've spoken with, Caucasion, African American, Indian, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Italian, Multi Cultured, and all children; about 7 out of 10 agree that something went wrong. They all have their theories of what, but none the less more people than not agree that something went wrong.

I end with this: AI1 = Kelly, AI2 = Ruben, AI3 = ?
The show is a singing competition, and we, the American viewers of the show are suposed to be the judges and may the "best vocal talent" win. (That's my personal thought)

We'll just see what happens.

~Lovely "Learn to respect the power of honesty"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •