The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lesbian Idols Journal"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-26-04, 05:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lesbian Idols Journal"
Lesbian Idols Journal – Week Six (Barry Manilow)

Ok, so Larry’s too depressed this week to do his usual GIJ for our entertainment. We understand – Jennifer’s untimely and entirely undeserved demise shocked the whole of America into a state of either explosive fury or comatosely grief (or both).

However, it’s in times like these when we really need the soothing balm of alternative entertainment to help make all that badness go away. So… because I’m bisexual and an honorary lesbian, I’m filling in for you this week Larry (even if you and everybody else don’t want me to). But please come back for Week Seven – John Stevens will hopefully get kicked off and if you aren’t around to say anything about it, all us AI3 DAWs will never forgive you.

In reverse order…

7. George Huff

George was a big lesbian mess this week. What in the world was that awful warbling noise coming out of his mouth for one and a half whole minutes?(!) Doesn’t he know that if Barry Manilow tells you not to riff his song, it’s a quietly polite way of saying that when you do you sound like gravel for the ears? And that outfit… Ok, this is the one of the big reasons why fashionable dykes like me hate probably-straight men like George – sometimes they dress so horribly you just want to rip off their stripy-yucky orange-brown button-up shirts, make them grow some breasts and then stick on a tasteful low-cut blouse that would accentuate his newfound boobs. Let’s hope he sings – and dresses! – better on Tuesday.

6. Diana DeGarmo

Little lady looked butch this week in a light-blue pinstriped suit over a non-flashy yellow top, with blond highlights to bring out the yellow in her blouse and her eyeliner. This made her look like a youthful yuppie power-businesswoman, the kind who drinks her lattes with non-fat non-dairy soy-milk and freaks out if they accidentally add whipped cream on top. If she were dressing for her first day at work I’d give her top points… but unfortunately, for American Idol, the getup was just boring. Sorry Di… On the upside you sang pretty good, loved the way you turned Barry’s song into a potential lesbian/gay anthem.

5. John Stevens

Blue suit. Inoffensive. Looked like a flame-headed wooden marionette. Sounded like badly-piped elevator music. This fifth-grade Michael Buble will attempt to sing a Latin/Disco song come Tuesday. He will sound irredeemably awful, which unfortunately may garner sympathy votes and help him stay on the show a little longer – but lord I hope it doesn’t.

4. La Toya London

Woman couldn’t decide what costume to wear this week. She had a lovely, ultra-feminine, elegant blouse on top, with a cowl-neck that helped accentuate her graceful African-American neck and shoulders… and a butch pair of jeans on the bottom. She pulled it off ok, and she sang great as usual… but there are better ways to make that feminine/masculine, gentle/tough look work, for example…

3. Jasmine Trias

Her hair was sleek & straight glamour-puss perfection. Her white belly-baring top, coupled with a tough-looking denim jacket, was streetsmart-chic and suited her spunky 17-year-old image to a ‘T’. Her gauzy, layered skirt was pink and lacy and looked like something a fairy god-sister would wear to a party. And she executed the whole pull-the-mic-off-the-stand and sing-to-the-adoring-crowd move perfectly. Her vocals were excellent too… this, La Toya, is how you properly mix diva with butch.

2. Jennifer Hudson

Woman looked and sounded fantastic this week! Her hair was great, her make-up was flawless, her sharply-contrasting black-and-white outfit made it impossible not to notice (and admire) her wonderful stage presence. And her accessories: the faux-tacky white hoop-earrings, the checkerboard b/w neck-scarf, that chain-link belt; they all added street-smart fashion undertones to her otherwise posh ensemble… all in all an absolute winner (and that’s not even figuring in her powerhouse performance). We’ll miss you Jennifer Hudson… get a record deal and make a music video soon so we can worship you some more.

1. Fantasia Barrino

Not everyone will agree with me on this one. But with her casual-yet-classy subtly-pink velvet-soft jacket (complete with a blouse the perfect shade of white underneath); her hair all tjuzed up to get rid of that hair-line Larry’s always complaining about; her earrings that added class and glamour and her jeans-and-boots combo that added butch value without distracting from the lovely velvet jacket… Fantasia wins Fashionable-Dyke of the Week by a mile. And she’s a proud single mum as well – go single mothers, and power to all womankind!

As you can see I don’t know all that much about fashion – it took me twenty minutes of research on the Internet to determine that La Toya was wearing a cowl neck and even then I’m not quite sure I got it right. So come back next week Larry. We miss you.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal JOSHIDOL 04-26-04 1
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal popcorn_with_sam 04-26-04 2
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal qwertypie 04-26-04 3
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal dangerkitty 04-26-04 4
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal stormysatan 04-26-04 5
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal shedevil 04-26-04 6
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal idlegossip 04-26-04 7
   RE: Lesbian Idols Journal popcorn_with_sam 04-26-04 11
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal TODDLJ 04-26-04 8
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal frisky 04-26-04 9
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal strid333 04-26-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
It was said that afterwards
George was battling the flu and laryngitis but they never made mention of it like they do for some singers. As for the Barry Manilow and the riffs in the song. Pay attention Mr. Manilow himself said the preview he helped Goerge with the riffs then he said something about them when Randy did not like them. Cop out...

popcorn_with_sam 154 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-26-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail popcorn_with_sam Click to send private message to popcorn_with_sam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
I think you did Larry proud!!

Thanks for the entertaining take on last week's Idol!!

Larry, get better soon!!

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
Very entertaining! As was said before, you did Larry proud. Loved to hear the (honorary) lesbian take on the fashions and faux pas of AI (I've often wondered). Thanks Na-swirl!
La Vida es un Tango!

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-26-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
Well, hey! This was great! It takes some, um, guts to step into Larry's chic, well-maintained shoes, and you did a bang-up job! Thanks for giving us our fix, ss!

Love love love your tagline, too.

Love the Diana latte-drinking businesswoman bit, and "this, La Toya, is how you properly mix diva with butch."

Lots of great lines! Thanks!

dangerkitty

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-26-04, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
Very entertaining. But i wish you had put jasmine on top of Fantasia and Jennifer.
With jennifer, I thought she had a beltbag . i realized later that it was her belly protruding from the black belt she was wearing.
I thought her costume was a mess last week. Just my opinion.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-26-04, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
Jennifer looked gorgeous and perfect and her voice was perfect too. Congratulations to Jennifer for being comfortable in her own skin. That was very fun and interesting to read thanks sodiumswirl.

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
I found this message board through Larry's journal, and for a couple of weeks, I've been very impatiently waiting for the next journal to come out. It's been a lot of fun reading them, and I have to admit that I have been impatiently waiting again this week! I posted another thread days ago, wondering where Larry is. I am thankful that you stepped in to help relieve the withdrawals.

I really thought that Jasmine's combination of the jean jacket and whispy skirt was terrible. I give her credit for showing off her belly, but to me, it seemed like something my 19 year old would wear when she's out of clean laundry.

I agree that Fantasia looked fantastic in that outfit. She seems very comfortable. She is spunky, although some feel it's attitude. She has worked to improve probably as much as Jen did, and the pink was very pretty on her. And, her response to Jen being booted with "You're MY American Idol!" was endearing.

I hope Larry comes back soon! And thanks again for filling in.

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

popcorn_with_sam 154 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popcorn_with_sam Click to send private message to popcorn_with_sam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
>
>I really thought that Jasmine's combination
>of the jean jacket and
>whispy skirt was terrible.
>I give her credit for
>showing off her belly, but
>to me, it seemed like
>something my 19 year old
>would wear when she's out
>of clean laundry.

Maybe she was out of clean laundry.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-26-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
Sodiumswirl rocks!

Excellent job filling in for me...

I was on vacation, and then when I returned Friday to find Jennifer was booted, I went in to an (understandable) tailspin.

But I'll post something tomorrow, I promise...

-Larry

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
Wow! I enjoyed your take on the show! Wouldn't it be fun for the season-ender to have you and Larry in a fashion critique showdown like Siskel and Ebert (or Ebert and Roeper)? *giggle*

Thanks for filling in! Larry, I hope you enjoyed your vacation!

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-26-04, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal"
Hee hee hee. Very good and funny.

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •