The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I was the host of TAR!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-03-02, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I was the host of TAR!"
This last weekend, a friend of mine and I did a mini Amazing Race in our town. We had three teams compete, complete with Roadblocks, Detours and everything. It was a blast. My teams were:
The 20-something male friends
The 40-something brothers
The high school dating couple
And guess who won...

The high school dating couple!

The greatest thing was the ending. There is this beautiful little park in my town and they had to end with both members of the team having one hand on the flagpole holding the American flag in the middle of this park. To get to the park, you have to cross this little single file bridge. We had eliminated the 20 something friends in the earlier leg of the race and the end was so close. I was the host and I stood by the flagpole as both cars (the one holding the dating couple and the brothers)pulled up. They drove up, skidded to a stop and all four dashed out of their cars, almost running over two unicyclists. All four contestants ran across the bridge on eachother's heels. It was incredible.
The dating couple was Michael and Caitlyn and the brothers were Mike and Paul. Their hands hit the flagpole in this order:
Michael
Paul
Caitlyn
Mike
It was so close I was shaking.
So now, I plan on doing another TAR here with about 6 or 7 teams and spend a whole Saturday doing it. But I'm trying to think of Roadblocks and Detours that I can do here.
Any ideas?

Sophie ~ knows she's pathetic, but it was so much fun!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I was the host of TAR! Efjendar 09-04-02 1
 RE: I was the host of TAR! ELCinOhio 09-04-02 2
   RE: I was the host of TAR! Sophie 09-04-02 4
       RE: I was the host of TAR! ELCinOhio 09-05-02 6
           RE: I was the host of TAR! Sophie 09-06-02 7
               RE: I was the host of TAR! ELCinOhio 09-06-02 8
                   RE: I was the host of TAR! Sophie 09-06-02 9
                       RE: I was the host of TAR! ELCinOhio 09-09-02 11
 Roadblocks and/or Detours Rain Crow 09-04-02 3
   RE: Roadblocks and/or Detours Sophie 09-04-02 5
 RE: I was the host of TAR! Survivorerist 09-07-02 10
   RE: I was the host of TAR! Sophie 09-10-02 12
 Update!!! Sophie 09-12-02 13
   RE: Update!!! Survivor Freak 1987 09-14-02 14
       RE: Update!!! Sophie 09-16-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-04-02, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
ROFL!!! That sounds soooooo neat!
(Somebody really needs TAR3 to start before she goes nuts <g>)

ELCinOhio 215 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-02, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
Sophie-

I am so jealous. Can I compete in the next one? Maybe if you are going to have 6 or 7 teams, you need to make it a Saturday, and Sunday, and hey call your news station, if it's a slow day and you time it right(around the season) at least the local CBS might come out.

Anyways, not knowing your town, it's tough to know some roadblocks and detours, but here are a couple of generic ones:

Detour: Balls and Strikes. In Balls, you must each kick a fieldgoal from the 15 yard line on a local football field. In Strikes, each player must get a strike at the local bowling alley

Detour: Up or Down. In Up players must find a designated tree and climb up it to reach the flag. In Down, players must slide down a slide at a local park. To make it hard, make the slide harder to find than the tree, and to make it really hard, just give them geographic coordinates to each location.

Roadblock: Secret SHopper. At the local Mall, or shopping center, there is a clerk in one store. Find that clerk ask him about ____ (some obscure product), and he will give it to you, along with the clue

See if you can use any of those.

09-04-02, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
Thank you! I love your ideas and I need more of them!

Of course you can compete in the next one. Do you live anywhere near Idaho? lol...I'll give you a few details on my town.
It's about 60,000 people, there is a large river that runs right through the middle of town. There are four high schools, a mall, hmm...not sure what else to say.

I like the idea of calling the news station. I wonder if they'd cover it. There is really a lot of interest in doing it. I need more people to help me run it, though.

I love your ideas.
Any more?
Thanks!

Sophie

09-05-02, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
I don't really live near Idaho, but if the prize money is great enough I am sure I can run out there to compete!

Anyways, as far as TV stations, your best bet is CBS. I know around here (Cleveland), all the newscasts like to add a local angle to a national program when they can. They feel advertising a tease during TAR would boost ratings for the newscast, so that would be my advice.

Also, I work in marketing, so if you needed, I could help you write a press release.

09-06-02, 01:42 PM (EST)
7. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
Oh, you are wonderful! Do you really think they'd cover it?

Sophie

09-06-02, 02:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
There are about 50 variables.. so I would go with a great big.........

MAYBE

But it doesn't hurt to try.

It really depends on the person who reads the release, their interest, and what major news is happening that day

09-06-02, 08:13 PM (EST)
9. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
What is/how do you write a press release?

Sophie

09-09-02, 01:25 PM (EST)
11. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
>What is/how do you write a
>press release?
>
> Sophie

Sophie

A press release is kinda like a memo to the media. You tell them what the event is, when, who to contact, and why they might want to cover it.

If you want to give me details and write a draft for you e-mail me at:

Elcinoh@aol.com

Please put something in the subject so I will know it's from you and not spam

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-04-02, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Roadblocks and/or Detours"
Play off old TAR tricks, but with a local flavor. Here are a few to fertilize your imagination...

(1) You can always fall back on gross food. Make prior arrangements with a local eatery. If they don't have a "local" gross food specialty, make up your own.

How about a peanut butter, jelly, and jalapeno on rye sandwich?

Or how about eating some gross Gerber baby food?...that stuff in the little jars always looks nasty!

(2) If your community has a "redneck" component, you could have them chew some tobacco and spit until they fill up a shot glass or something...without puking

(3) Mining for "Opals" ... bury something in a sandbox at the park, or hide clues where contestants must spend precious time searching or working, like under seats in a theatre, frozen in ice, throwing darts for a specific score, etc.

Have fun!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

09-04-02, 01:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Roadblocks and/or Detours"
>(2) If your community has a "redneck" component, you could have >them chew some tobacco and spit until they fill up a shot glass >or something...without puking

LOL!!!

More!

Sophie

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-07-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
Really cool, Sophie! If I lived near you, I'd definitely try out for the next game

As for detours, here's one idea...

Jump or Duck: In jump, the team has to go to the local aquatic centre and dive off a high-dive board. It's quick, but not good if you're afraid of heights or water. In duck, they have to use a photo to find a man at the local park, get a bag of bread crumbs from him then go to the river/lake/whatever and feed the ducks. Relatively safe, but could take a long time.

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

Sir's Mole Record
Was the Mole: 0 times
Nailed the Mole: 2 times

09-10-02, 01:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: I was the host of TAR!"
My partner in hosting this game really likes Jump or Duck.
Thank you!

Any more ideas now that people are coming back to the TAR Board?

Sophie

09-12-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
13. "Update!!!"
The next TAR I am hosting is in about a week and a half and I would love it if someone could help me with Roadblocks/Detours or Fast Forwards!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Survivor Freak 1987 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-14-02, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to send private message to Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Update!!!"
Hey Sophie! I have some realy great ideas and I want to do one of these myself. I was wondering if you had any type of messenger that way we can share ideas and such! get back to me!
Dan

09-16-02, 02:26 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Update!!!"
Absolutely! Will email you.
Anyone else?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •