The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kris and Jon were not that good"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-10-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kris and Jon were not that good"
Sorry, but they were too nice and not great thinkers.

Why did both teams not hold the cab in Chiagco or something, rather than waste time flaggin them down.

Also, omg, Kris and jon not checking whether there was an earlier flight to Chicago from Hawaii? Of course the lady at American Airliness or whatever is going to tell you theirs is the quickest one. Did not matter that much in the end but still.

And finally, on the train, why did they not try and do some research and find out exits and locations to their next clue stop. Ok, maybe no one was one the train but they had maps. It seemed the underlying factor of Freddie nad Kendras win was that they exited the train quicker, got the clue and found Pizza place about 15 mintues ahead of Kris/Jon.

Sorry, but Fredide maybe not Kendra deserves to win this race, he is a good racer. Kris and Jon were nice but nice guys finish last.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kris and Jon were not that good Spidey 02-11-05 1
 RE: Kris and Jon were not that good Tahj 02-11-05 2
   RE: Kris and Jon were not that good canadafan 02-11-05 3
       RE: Kris and Jon were not that good MTommy 02-11-05 5
           RE: Kris and Jon were not that good anotherkim 02-11-05 9
 RE: Kris and Jon were not that good MTommy 02-11-05 4
   RE: Kris and Jon were not that good Tahj 02-11-05 6
 RE: Kris and Jon were not that good FesterFan1 02-11-05 7
   RE: Kris and Jon were not that good alwaysintruble1 02-11-05 8
 RE: Kris and Jon were not that good Edgeless Grass 02-11-05 10
   RE: Kris and Jon were not that good Spider 02-13-05 11
 RE: Kris and Jon were not that good memyselfandi 02-14-05 12
   Kris and Jon were GREAT Bittergirl 02-14-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
?

Kris and Jon were too nice? Good golly, it was so refreshing to see a couple who worked itogether and supported each other. That is why they did so well.

It's true that, in the end, they were not very good strategists on that last leg, but how can you say they weren't that good? Four 1st place finsishes and just about always in the top group.

I almost never defend reality tv contestants, because they usually don't deserve it. But there is not one bad thing anyone can say about these people.

Totally shoots the theory that these shows can make anybody look like an ass.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-11-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
Freddie and Kendra ran a good final leg of the race. To say Kris and Jon were not that good is absurd. They ran a first class race the whole time. They are to be commended.

Moves courtesy of Syren

canadafan 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-11-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail canadafan Click to send private message to canadafan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/41a4f96a236809ae.html
You should be ashamed of yourself to say that about K/J. It's like you didn't watch the entire season. They were very good at picking tasks and doing it better than the others. They were the most loving team and they got the respect and admiration of all the fans. Everyone makes mistakes even them. Too bad it was the last leg. Maybe they're not going away with the million $ but they win a lot more.

MTommy 80 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTommy Click to send private message to MTommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
As for being ashamed, not at all. In the early episodes we saw virtually nothing of their task completion prowess (probably because they didn’t yell, so there’s not much drama there. As admitted they were, likely are, very decent people). However when we started seeing more of them doing the tasks, they were no better than the other teams as far as any skill competition would be concerned. I guess Kris does have an eye for fashion and she can chow pizza, but on the negative side didn’t they also have to walk all the way around the Warriors Museum before really looking for/finding the clue box? Even A/R got that one done quickly. In closing, nothing was aired that made them seem superior at task completion. They were as efficient as the others in most, slower in some, and faster in others. Don’t let a positive attitude cloud an objective opinion.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
things that jump to mind:

1. the salt harvest--Kris kicked butt.

2. the brick haul--they were by far the best team

that's the two off the top of my head--I'll be back with more as they rattle into my head.

MTommy 80 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTommy Click to send private message to MTommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
I concur with the original post. My take is as follows. They were better than most other teams, but that’s not saying much because it was a very weak cast as far as the competition goes. In terms of attitude they were great, but racing ability, well on racing ability they were not as good as the winners. So how good is “that good”? I do not know, but I do know that if you can not find the direction EAST at 7AM, you are not “that good”.
They lost because they could not find the water tower (and according to some other threads, maybe they also lagged behind on an unaired task?). Being that we only saw them looking for the water tower, I’ll go with that one shining example and conclude that indeed they were not “that good”. Throughout most of the race everyone was guided like sheep. The one time they actually had to figure something out and walk with out a cab driver taking them to place X as specifically stated in the clue, not good. Being nice does not make you an able competitor; it just makes you nice. Were they kind? For certain, but probably just “not that good.”

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-11-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
Kris and Jon had the best record of all the teams. Out of 11 finishes, they placed first 4 times, second 3 times, and were never lower than fourth. To say they were not that good is, as I said above, absurd.

Moves courtesy of Syren

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
Yeah, but Kris is totally hot, and that has to count for something, right?

Fester
Well, she is.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-11-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
Counts for alomst everything.

And face it, they were a long-distance dating couple who got to spend all that time together. Now we know why they were always in such a 'good' mood.

..and to say they weren't good racers...simply absured.

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
I love this team soooooo much, that I have been praying for them to win. But sad to say, I agreed with Spider. They aren't very good in term of using strategy.

e.g.
1) I noticed that everytime they bought air ticket, they just buy according to the first airline attendent's recommendation of so called 'fastest flight'. I recalled Colin from last season, where he always check again...(until ironically, the last leg for him also). For Jon and Kris, they never check.

2) When they were at China, they know they have language barrier, but why don't they do like what Jonathan does, get someone to help to translate. They ended up went to the tour agency and turned back to hotel because they can't communicate with the staff. And they didn't check when did the hotel business center open, allowing Kendra/Freddy to book tickets ahead of them.

But then, being nice also did help them in some way; Rebacca tipped them off on the faster air flight they took else Jon/Kris might just take a later flight (once again, they didn't check themselve); Freddy and Kendra didn't yield them, although they were taking revenge on Rebacca and Adam, but if Kris and Jon are people like Jonathan/Victoria, I think they would just forget about the childish revenge and yield J/V instead.

I really wish Jon and Kris could win...but this is a reality show...how I wish the producer can just do something to make them win.....

=^_^=

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-13-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
Thanks to all opinions.

My point was not that that they were not good racers over the whole race, but more in the last leg and that's what counts.

It does not matter what happens up to the last leg, e.g. Colin and Christie.

Do I like Kris and Jon? hell yes, I was up in my seat praying that they win, I think they are great but just thought that there final leg let them down.

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-14-05, 04:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kris and Jon were not that good"
K/J were good until the last leg where it mattered.In TVG interview K/F said they used their flight to gather info, directions and even a train pass.The clue said that they were not allowed to hold the cabs,so that's why neither team held them.

Bittergirl 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-14-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bittergirl Click to send private message to Bittergirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Kris and Jon were GREAT"
Kris and Jon -- not that good? I guess that's why they finished a very close 2nd, won first place four times, and maintained grace, humor and dignity throughout. Yeah, you're right. They just weren't that good! (sarcasm). Freddy and Kendra, on the other hand, made us all proud that they were representing America with their stellar behavior in every country -- being racist, making ignorant and uneducated statements about each country, stiffing cab drivers across the globe, yelling, crying, lying... They totally deserved to win. Not.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •