The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

katie1952 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-24-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katie1952 Click to send private message to katie1952 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
I just would like everyone to know, there is no racism involved and I can't believe that when someone gets voted off, that people start saying that right away. I am white and live in Texas and I personally hope Latoya London wins. I have favored her from the start and agree with Simon, she is the best singer in the competition. I also liked Amy Adams, but she was voted off, I never voted for her because I did not think she would represent the 'American Idol' image with her wild hair, the same with Nikki the first season. She is from near my home, but I thought she should take that tongue ring out of her mouth. I would want any teenagers wanting to copy her. Latoya has a lot of class and I think she is a great singer and looks the part. I voted over 60 times for her, another lady I work with (white also) voted over 30 times for Latoya. But we can't do it alone. Remember, they were in the top 3 the last couple weeks, and have been consistant. Just because Diana and Jasmine have one good week doesn't mean they should have gotten more votes.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! dkay1211 04-24-04 1
   RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! 1simplyme 04-26-04 12
 RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! MusicGenius 04-25-04 2
   RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! anotherkim 04-25-04 3
   RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! AugustGirl 04-25-04 4
       RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! stormysatan 04-25-04 5
           Agree Breezy 04-26-04 8
   RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! JOSHIDOL 04-26-04 7
   RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! 1simplyme 04-26-04 13
   RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! okaychatt 04-26-04 16
 RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! theincrediblehugey 04-25-04 6
   RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! Mistral 04-26-04 9
       RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! stormysatan 04-26-04 10
   RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! okaychatt 04-26-04 15
 RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! 1simplyme 04-26-04 11
 RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!! stormysatan 04-26-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
I agree with you on the racism thing.....there was never any mention the previous week of racism when the bottom 3 were Red, JPL, and Diana as well there shouldn't be.....I think it is sad there were excuses made at all for the results...my thought as to why the results were the way they were:
1. Some may have assumed the 3 "d"'s were very safe and chose not to spend much if any time at all voting.
2. People may be tiring of the fact that they are so hyped week after week and the others are just afterthoughts....I know I have felt that way even though I believe all 3 women are great singers.....

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
>I agree with you on the
>racism thing.....there was never any
>mention the previous week of
>racism when the bottom 3
>were Red, JPL, and Diana
>as well there shouldn't be.....I
>think it is sad there
>were excuses made at all
>for the results...my thought as
>to why the results were
>the way they were:
>1. Some may have assumed
>the 3 "d"'s were very
>safe and chose not to
>spend much if any time
>at all voting.
>2. People may be tiring
>of the fact that they
>are so hyped week after
>week and the others are
>just afterthoughts....I know I have
>felt that way even though
>I believe all 3 women
>are great singers.....

I think all of AI voters know how important it is to vote, vote, and vote. To believe that any of us assume our favorites are safe and decide to not vote; well that is just so wrong and so far from the truth, (remember Ruben and Clay) did we assume Ruben was safe and stop voting? Not! Most of AI's voters realized how important it is to vote for our favorites after the first AI when Kelly won, and others with much better singing talent were voted off. Voters were ready for AI2 when Ruben won and deserved to. The fan base is stronger than ever with AI3, we're ready, willing, and able to vote, vote, vote, and America is not going to be pleased if the votes continue to be tainted or mistakes continue to be made with the voting process.

All three women are great singers, and no matter what; we're going to continue voting for our favorites, nothing else makes sense.

Why do you think the big shock and upset with last week's outcome? Do you really believe it's because the fans of the best four talents didn't vote? Come on, Wake up people!

MusicGenius 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-04, 06:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MusicGenius Click to send private message to MusicGenius Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
John Stevens is being attacked because he is offering something different and unique; the same way Elvis was attacked in the 1950s.

John is the most original singer in the competition, just as Elvis would have been the most original singer in the 50s. Elvis once said, "I am not the world’s greatest singer, but I found a way to sing that sets me apart from all the singers in the world."

In short, John Stevens is the Elvis of our generation. He is here to shake things up. He is here to change music, minds and hearts. In a time when music was calm, Elvis offered wildness. Conversely, in a time when the world has gone wild, John offers velvet crooning to calm our nerves.

I am tired of Hollywood and the Media dictating what I "SHOULD LIKE" in music. They have been cramming junk into our ears for too long. John Stevens is our salvation. He is our chance to say, "We want real music, again". We want smooth singers not screamers and vocal gymnastics. We want to feel the love in the song.

Go, John, Go! Hollywood and the Media may hate you, but we love you. At 16, you are changing the world and giving America the chance to reclaim its musical heart.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
John Stevens is the Elvis of our generation

I will simply say that I could not disagree with you more.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I enjoy singers, too, ftr. I just don't think John can sing outside his genre.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
In short, John Stevens is the Elvis of our generation.

I have to disagree with you there, MG. If you are looking for an Elvis in the AI3 final 12, I'd say JPL is more of an Elvis type than JS. And saying JPL is an Elvis is stretching it. But John Stevens? No way.

But that's just my opinion.

Welcome to the boards MG.

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
thought you misconstrued what they were saying-----completely. Please review the above posts again

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Agree"
I believe the post was trying to say, that John is soooo different then mainstream music right now. That he is like Elvis was when he hit the music scene... is this correct?

I would also agree that he is different, which is refeshing but as I've posted elsewhere he needs to mature more before unleashisng himself on the music world.

*waves* to Augie!!!

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
He sounds like the Dead Elvis...

04-26-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
Who is Elvis?

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-26-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
Hi MG.

I agree JS is very different. I agree that it's nice to hear some melody. I don't agree John is ready for the big time quite yet.

Calmness is different from blandness. Perhaps with time and lessons, John could project a quiet confidence when he sings. For me, that quality just isn't there yet.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
I have never noticed anyone on the show instructing us to vote for the best singer. They want us to vote for our favorite. For me, the best singer and my favorite singer are not the same person.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
>I have never noticed anyone on
>the show instructing us to
>vote for the best singer.
>They want us to vote
>for our favorite. For me,
>the best singer and my
>favorite singer are not the
>same person.

You are exactly right, and this is what the competition is all about!

Some of my favorite artists (Tom Petty, Neil Young) wouldn't be considered even very GOOD singers, but I love 'em anyway. There's more to talent than just being the best singer.

I definitely think Latoya is the best singer in this competition, hands down, has been from day one. That being said, I think Fantasia would be the one I pick to win because she seems to have more of the "it" factor.

But it's not like I'm the target audience or anyone that would buy the CD's so I'm just sayin'.....

04-26-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
agree
i don't like tom petty or neil young thogh. four strong winds?

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-26-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-04 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

Good point, Hugey. My favorite is George, but I think the best is between La Toya and Fantasia.

04-26-04, 10:51 AM (EST)
11. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
Thanks for this post!

This is what I've been talking about. People have been voting for their opinion of the best, and Lots of voters believe the votes were tainted for the last episode or a huge mistake was made. We know the fans of John, Diana, and Jasmine don't like to hear that, but it's what lots of voters truly believe. the fans of JS DD & JT were shocked at last episodes outcome; JS DD & JT were shocked at the outcome as well.

Those fans would rather believe that Latoya's, Fantasia's, Jennifer's and George's fans didn't vote enough. Give me a break, like I said, we vote, and we vote big! I will continue to vote for my favorite, (Latoya); and my family and friends will continue to vote for their favorites, Fantasia, and George.

We're all voting based on our opinions of best singing talent. Again, in our opinions John, Dianna, and Jasmine have never even come close to Latoya, Fantasia, Jennifer or George. Jasmine is the only one in that group who even has a small chance.

Wake up people!

04-26-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
14. "RE: VOTE FOR THE BEST!!"
vote for your favorite, i guess, should be the statement.
why would you vote for someone whose style you don't like even if technically he/she is the best?
I would go for my favorite - jasmine- who is not necessarily the best. if she goes, I'd vote for Latoya who is also my favorite and is technically the best.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •