The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I love the show but why are the life coaches so angry?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

heart13andrea 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-29-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heart13andrea Click to send private message to heart13andrea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I love the show but why are the life coaches so angry?"
The life coaches seem especially angry this season, but Dr. Stan seems so relaxed and in the moment for everyone. He's so HOT! Don't they tell e1 that anger gets you nowhere if you don't discuss why you're angry and how to solve it? Liked the other house better. Hope Lou hits the road, what an ungrateful jerk!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I love the show but why are the... rachel4 09-29-05 1
 RE: I love the show but why are the... hunterjax 09-29-05 2
   RE: I love the show but why are the... Ethereal 09-29-05 3
   RE: I love the show but why are the... MissStella223485 09-29-05 4
       RE: I love the show but why are the... Tookie 09-29-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rachel4 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-29-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachel4 Click to send private message to rachel4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I love the show but why are the life coaches so angry?"
I don't think the life coaches are angry, but they are certainly are more direct and no-nonsense in their approach this year. It may be a reflection of Iyanla's kind of in-your-face approach that she exhibited in last season's episodes, but with a much more harder line. And although I am an Iyanla fan, I am not sure if I like this type approach (or intervention or coaching)in its current form. It may do more harm than good. Confronting people and tearing down their defenses with this hard-line, seemingly lack of sensitivity approach may backfire. I think more compassion and caution is needed!

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-29-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I love the show but why are the life coaches so angry?"
I do see the coaches being more aggressive this time around, particularly Iyanla. But I think it's required given the people. When people are resistant to the process, IV steps up her approach. I like it. I think it means she's good at what she does. I have to laugh though when she starts in with, "let me offer you this..." and then delivers a harsh criticism wrapped in a smile. The truth can hurt!

Ethereal 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ethereal Click to send private message to Ethereal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I love the show but why are the life coaches so angry?"
I believe they need to be more aggressive because there is more of a time constraint (three weeks) with the couples. So it is more like "tough love".

I noticed with the couples, one partner believes that the other is really the problem but as they come to find out, they each need to change in order to make the relationship work. The truth usually does hurt...that is what most of us don't "get". It's hard to be "real". The good thing is that after the hurt or really the "thing we don't want to face" ...that's when healing really takes place.

MissStella223485 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissStella223485 Click to send private message to MissStella223485 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I love the show but why are the life coaches so angry?"
I have to agree with your comment about Iyanla and her "let me offer you this....then her harsh criticism as you put it. but as you said to the truth can hurt!!

Tookie 9 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tookie Click to send private message to Tookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I love the show but why are the life coaches so angry?"
Ditto on the tough love. I think it's what is needed here. Lou wouldn't listen if they didn't take him to the heart of his stuff and in a way that really shoves him in it. Otherwise, it's just talk ABOUT and Lou is so good at that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •