The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ROMBER"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

aiotld 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-09-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aiotld Click to send private message to aiotld Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ROMBER"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-05 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY Article
Survivors Rejoin Reality
The latest reality stars to join ''The Amazing Race.'' Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich on why one million isn't enough by Josh Wolk

REALITY CHECK Brkich and Mariano want to win again

Hey, Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich: You just won $1.25 million on Survivor: All-Stars (counting Rob's second-place prize); what are you gonna do now? Forget Disney World, they're gonna try and get themselves another cool mil on CBS' The Amazing Race 7 (March 1). We caught up with reality TV's craftiest couple right before they hit the starting line.

When did CBS ask you to do the Race?
AB We just started mentioning it everywhere we went. ask, ''So what's next?'' ''Well, we want to be on The Amazing Race.'' And CBS caught word, and next thing you know...

Will you not be happy until you've won all the money?

GOTO http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1024468_3_0_,00.html
to see the rest of the article.

Let's hope that they DO NOT end up anywhere in the final three. I didn't like them on Survivor and after this last TAR Kendra/Freddy winning fiasco; I CANNOT take Romber winning.

If it happens, it would just confirm that after Kim and Chip won, we were all transported to an alternate world through the Stargate dimensional mirror (SCIFI channel series if you didn’t already know) or Bizzaro world for you Superman fans. This is the only way to explain how they were allowed to come back onto a reality show and compete for a million dollars and 15 more minutes of fame.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ROMBER ginger 02-09-05 1
   RE: ROMBER KMan 02-09-05 2
       RE: ROMBER Tahj 02-09-05 4
           RE: ROMBER MTW1961 02-09-05 5
       RE: ROMBER Pretty_Kitty 02-09-05 8
   RE: ROMBER nailbone 02-09-05 9
 RE: ROMBER J Slice 02-09-05 3
 RE: ROMBER seahorse 02-09-05 6
 RE: ROMBER Spidey 02-09-05 7
   RE: ROMBER daddy brian 02-09-05 11
 aiotld: Please edit original post IceCat 02-09-05 10
 RE: ROMBER anotherkim 02-09-05 12
   RE: ROMBER Spidey 02-09-05 13
       I am so sick of Rob and Ambuh Bittergirl 02-10-05 16
           RE: I am so sick of Rob and Ambuh Karchita 03-02-05 22
 Locking AyaK 02-10-05 14
   Oops! Unlocking AyaK 02-10-05 15
       RE: Oops! Unlocking ginger 02-10-05 17
 RE: ROMBER - web sites choochoo 02-20-05 18
   RE: ROMBER - web sites KObrien_fan 02-21-05 19
 RE: ROMBER memyselfandi 02-21-05 20
   RE: ROMBER trigirl 03-02-05 21
 RE: ROMBER BriarRosie 03-02-05 23
 RE: ROMBER tvgeek401 03-03-05 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ROMBER"
All right, you'll laugh, but....

I kinda like Romber.

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-09-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ROMBER"
I think they're great and very entertaining (and Amber is HOT). I hope they go far.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-09-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ROMBER"
I agree. I think it could be very entertaining with them on the show. I want to see how the other teams react to them and if the Race puts any kind of strain on their relationship.

Moves by Syren

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ROMBER"
I like Romber too, and if I was in their shoes, I'd definitely want to do the Amazing Race. What adventurous couple wouldn't?

That said, I hope they are eliminated early - but not first. I definitely wouldn't want to see them in the top 6. Call it jealousy, I guess.

Plus, I'm mad at them. My DW and I put a lot of effort into our audition tape. They got OUR spot!

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-09-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: ROMBER"
good afternoon everyone my name is Anita and I'm a Romberholic

I'm a sucker for a Boston accent what can I say?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: ROMBER"
Well, you KNOW that's who I'm rooting for!!

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

That or one of the hot girl teams.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ROMBER"
Good for them.

I hope they're both happy that they ruined my two favorite shows. Bravo, Romber!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ROMBER"
I'd like to see them again, although I hope they don't win.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: ROMBER"
I'm with Ginger. I actually really like them, as reality show peeps, at any rate. Can't say they aren't entertaining. I'm looking forward to it.

What's next? Celebrity blackjack?

daddy brian 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-09-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daddy%20brian Click to send private message to daddy%20brian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: ROMBER"
I liked them too. At least Rob was a good player and Amber rode on his coattails.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "aiotld: Please edit original post"
It is against our board policy to allow posting of entire copyrighted articles without links to the original.

Please post just an excerpt from the original article and add a link to the original location.

Please edit this post to comply with those guidelines.

Thank you and welcome to the boards.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ROMBER"

Bring them on!

He won't call her names, but I bet they will fuss. She won't screech at him like a howler monkey and demand that he do everything, but she'll whine a little.

They will kick ass at physical challenges and make an excellent target for the other teams. They will be hilarious in the process of winning or losing and won't give a flying flip who they offend in the race.

I love it. This whole idea that spots in reality games are somoehow "reserved" for the common man is such a load of crap. They are what they are. If anyone SERIOUSLY believes that Survivor or TAR or Big Brother are for "real" people, then they are delusional and need to be b!tch-slapped back into the real world. These shows (and they are SHOWS not GAMES) are a crap shoot for applicants. Do you whine when you don't win the lottery in your lifetime, too? Because that is the same kind of odds.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Romber absolutely 100% deserved to win A.S.S. because the other dolts let them. If they win here, it will be entertaining to watch, but I wouldn't bet on it. I can't see them being nearly as adept in foreign countries.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: ROMBER"
They will be hilarious in the process of winning or losing and won't give a flying flip who they offend in the race.

This is what I look forward to the most with them. As long as teams are decent to each other, it's hella-fun to watch them tweek everyone else out. And I'll bet Romber is really good at this.

I predict their physical condition will keep them in the race til the halfway point, longer than their brains ever would.

Totally agree about A.S.S. What a bunch of morons.

Bittergirl 26 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bittergirl Click to send private message to Bittergirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "I am so sick of Rob and Ambuh"
Jeez, how many more shows do we have to see these boring reality hoes on? Three Survivors and now Amazing Race? I really liked this show, and they are tainting it for me with their presence. I really hope they do not stay in it long. I'm hoping they will retain their Survivor-like lazy ways and totally fail.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I am so sick of Rob and Ambuh"
I've never been a Romber fan, and agree totally about their All Star 'win'. I was rather disappointed they were going to be on TAR. But I have to say that I enjoyed them last night, like seeing old friends, and they were entertaining.

In addition to their physical strength, they could do well because they are adaptable to changing situations and know how to focus in a competition. They know the other teams are out to get them and they could play those other teams effectively. Rob may be dense, but Amber isn't, and they both can manipulate.

Who knows, I may end up rooting for them.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Locking"
Since the original post has not been edited as requested, I'm locking the thread.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Oops! Unlocking"
This is what I get for not updating the thread -- I was still looking at an old version of it. The original post had indeed been edited. Thanks to Tahj for pointing it out.

Unlocking....

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Oops! Unlocking"
See Ayak? You were about to quit, and then you found the key and unlocked it!

Oops! Wrong show.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-20-05, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: ROMBER - web sites"

Here are the personal web sites for Rob and Amber.

Nothing special. *yawn*

"Good-n-Plenty...Good-n-Plenty...Good-n-Plenty..."

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: ROMBER - web sites"
Nothing much as you say, BUT on Rob's site he links to SBlows for news on them in the Amazing Race, thats kinda cool!

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: ROMBER"
I'm looking forward to next season. I like Rob and Amber and want them to do well but not win since they already have gotten so much; however if the other teams don't prove to as interesting as I hope that may change. Btw did you know that pre-AS Amber dated Ray so I wonder how those two teams will get along.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-02-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: ROMBER"
pre-AS Amber dated Ray

Ray who?

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-02-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: ROMBER"
I feel like I'm in the minority, as I was rooting for Rob
and Amber to take first place yesterday. I must have a
soft spot for those DAWs, but I've already found a team
I want to bash....Debbie and Bianca.

There's something about them (and the mother/son team of Susan
and Patrick) that I just don't like. I can't explain it,
but they grate on my nerves.

Besides Romber, I'm also rooting for the fabulous partners,
Lynn and Alex. Other than that, most other teams bore me
to tears.

I found Romber entertaining, as usual. I was amused that
their DAW fame helped them come from behind the pack to
the front. I respect that Rob and Amber geniunely seem
to get along, even when they can't even open a car trunk. LOL!

Romber is smart enough to realize that the other teams are
gunning for them, so it should be interesting to see if
anyone yields them later on.

I wouldn't last two seconds in TAR, so I give anyone credit for doing it.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-03-05, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: ROMBER"
I can not stand Romber! Watching them compete on another show will be pure torture.

I know they have a right to be proud that they won survivor (no matter how much I hated that.) but does every word out of their mouths have to be "we're here to win another million" or "We won the million" ? Blah, blah. Shut up Rob, we know you were on Survivor. We watched. You don't have to rub the fact that we've had to deal with the two of you for four seasons of reality shows. We know! Gah!

And it isn't just Romber, the rest of the teams keep talking about them, too. Just run your race and quit whining about Romber. Morons.

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •