The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

lakercheer 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-27-04, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lakercheer Click to send private message to lakercheer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
I was driven to this forum because I had to find out if other women are as disturbed by Trish as I am. Everytime she opened her mouth, made a facial jesture or just happened to be on camera I felt like I was back in High School reliving unpleasant encounters with imature girls that had a low self esteem. Trish has no class, no compassion, no empathy, no morals, and apparently her values are different from most grounded "nice girls". I found myself jaw dropped almost every time she was on camera because she was such a wretch to everyone-except of course the object of her desire. How could any one on the Bachelor have a meaningful conversation with someone so self-centered. She obviously doesn't get it - women don't like her - not because they are jealous- but because she is mean, hateful and narcasistic. Low self esteem seems to be her main problem - maybe her imoral choices are eating at her and she lashes out irrationally at others to protect her guilt ridden consious.
I would have walked out too if I were Tara, you can't begin to have a resonable or rational discussion with someone like her, and her wide eyed expressions reveal a hateful, evil person. You could feel the hate she was projecting through those steel black eyes, It was like she was burning a hole right through to your soul and sucking the life out of you- a definite power and control move. I hope I never meet anyone like her. I will turn the other way and RUN!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... realitycoholic 05-27-04 1
 RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... mizbitt 05-28-04 2
   RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... Shereebie 05-28-04 3
       RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... cheri26158 05-28-04 4
           RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... julialovesyou03 05-29-04 5
               RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... julialovesyou03 05-29-04 6
           Agree with Laker AMAI 05-29-04 7
               RE: Agree with Laker lakercheer 05-30-04 9
                   RE: Agree with Laker cheri26158 05-30-04 10
                       RE: Agree with Laker AMAI 05-30-04 12
                           RE: Agree with Laker cheri26158 05-30-04 14
                               RE: Agree with Laker cheri26158 05-30-04 15
                               RE: Agree with Laker AMAI 05-31-04 16
                                   RE: Agree with Laker cheri26158 06-01-04 19
                                       RE: Agree with Laker AMAI 06-01-04 20
                                           RE: Agree with Laker cheri26158 06-02-04 21
                   RE: Agree with Laker Karennz 05-30-04 11
                       RE: Agree with Laker lakercheer 05-30-04 13
 RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... chromeNblonde 05-30-04 8
 RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... ScrapyDoo 05-31-04 17
   RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... beardance58 05-31-04 18
       RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like... leogirl_21 06-02-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-27-04, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
Amen, laker, amen.

mizbitt 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-28-04, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mizbitt Click to send private message to mizbitt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
Well you found another woman who feels exactly like you. When they were saying she should be the next Bachelorett . I thought no way!! If they did that you can believe all the nice people on these boards would tune ABC out. Can you just see what a trashy show this would be because Trish says hereself that that is her and she is proud of it. She seems to only see and hear what she wants to because when she is talking I feel like I watched another show.

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-28-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
Right on, Laker - and welcome to the boards!

cheri26158 31 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheri26158 Click to send private message to cheri26158 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-04 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

This is one I don't necessarilly agree with. It is not that Trish is the kinda girl you might take home to your mother. But I found the behavior of most of those women in that house juvenile. Tara was rude. She looks like Barbie so people are willing to forgive her rudeness. But who is she to decide who has the right to stay or go. I thought Karen the pharma rep was wrong doing that too. Trish may be bad news. But the rest of those women other then Jessica need to learn in the real world things happen and some things are better left unsaid. Trish should have not opened her mouth in the beginning. but tara telling her " you shouldn't be here". Help me with that. Very childish. Karen saying ' you have all great girls here except one", in her opinion. In jesse's that is what he liked. I lost respect for him not ever being able to make up his own mind and say.. You know maybe some of this stuff with Trish is a bit foolish.

Jessica on the other hand I felt showed alot of class sending Trish a note. You notice how cordial the conversation was and how uncomfortable Tara still felt. Jessica showed the maturity of someone much older. Jess made a smart pick there. Tara complained about Trish when she thought she could loose to her and she felt she didn't deserve too. But in the end she complained Jesse was inappropriate too. Is Tara ever responsible for her actions? Telling off Trish, repeately calling her names, etc. The bully in this case is mixed up because of the nice package it is wrapped in.

julialovesyou03 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-29-04, 05:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail julialovesyou03 Click to send private message to julialovesyou03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
>LAST EDITED ON 05-28-04
>AT 08:50 PM (EST)

>
>This is one I don't necessarilly
>agree with. It is
>not that Trish is the
>kinda girl you might take
>home to your mother.
>But I found the behavior
>of most of those women
>in that house juvenile.
>Tara was rude. She
>looks like Barbie so people
>are willing to forgive her
>rudeness. But who is
>she to decide who has
>the right to stay or
>go. I thought Karen
>the pharma rep was wrong
>doing that too. Trish
>may be bad news.
>But the rest of those
>women other then Jessica need
>to learn in the real
>world things happen and some
>things are better left unsaid.
> Trish should have not
>opened her mouth in the
>beginning. but tara telling her
>" you shouldn't be here".
> Help me with that.
> Very childish. Karen
>saying ' you have all
>great girls here except one",
>in her opinion. In
>jesse's that is what he
>liked. I lost respect
>for him not ever being
>able to make up his
>own mind and say..
>You know maybe some of
>this stuff with Trish is
>a bit foolish.
>
>Jessica on the other hand I
>felt showed alot of class
>sending Trish a note.
>You notice how cordial the
>conversation was and how uncomfortable
>Tara still felt. Jessica
>showed the maturity of someone
>much older. Jess made
>a smart pick there.
>Tara complained about Trish when
>she thought she could loose
>to her and she felt
>she didn't deserve too.
>But in the end she
>complained Jesse was inappropriate too.
> Is Tara ever responsible
>for her actions? Telling
>off Trish, repeately calling her
>names, etc. The
>bully in this case is
>mixed up because of the
>nice package it is wrapped
>in.

julialovesyou03 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-29-04, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail julialovesyou03 Click to send private message to julialovesyou03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
>>Tara was rude.

i totally agree with you on this...i thought through the entire ATFR show she was EXTREMELY rude! I was afraid i was the only one that thought this! glad im not!!

P.S. sorry about my first post did it by accident

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-29-04, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Agree with Laker"
Trish brings out the nasty side of people, because she is so nasty you feel so frustrated trying to deal with her that eventually you lose it.

Tara's outburst came after spending quite a bit of time with her.

I just think it's a shame that Jesse is such a limp d!ck. He was afraid to face the fact that he & Trish are two peas from the same pod - he was instantly attracted to her but was shamed by Jenny into finally eliminating her.

But he had no interest in or chemistry with any of the rest of his Final4, apart from Trish.

Laker your post totally captured how I felt looking at and listening to her. Trish makes me ill.

05-30-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lakercheer Click to send private message to lakercheer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Agree with Laker"
Thats exactly it!! People like Trish end up making good people say and do things they normally would not. It really turns everyones personality up side down. Someone who would never say hurtful things about others becomes so enraged by the tauntings they explode with frustration. Trish enjoys the head games she plays with people and is very comfortable with her mean and manipulative personality. She really likes to shake people down emotionally. She gets away with it because her type of beating doesn't send people to the hospital. Nobody in the house knew how to handle her and her mean-spirited personality, she was successful at breaking a couple of girls down- Tara seemed to be affected the most. Unless you have come face to face with one of these "soul vampires" its hard to see what they are doing. They make themselves out to be shocked by other people reactions to them & innocent of any wrong doing, making you out to be the bad guy by your reactions to them and your not sure how it happened.
I think your probably right about Jesse really connecting with Trish. Does Trish seam alot like Jesse's mother?

05-30-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheri26158 Click to send private message to cheri26158 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Agree with Laker"
I think tara was affected by her own normal behavior of not being able to deal with things. she is far from cordial, pond scum and " a choice word that can't be typed here." That is fair from ladylike. Her behavior at after the final rose showed the numerous attacks on trish. Not the other way around. ABC made Trish look a villian always. Noone is like that always. I have dealt with plenty of trish's. YOu just need your own confidence and let them do their own thing. They bury themselves.

Noone can make you act in a way you don't choose too unless the punnishment is so severe. That is reserved for people being tortured or threatened for their life. When the number is like 15 to 1 I think the shoe goes the other way. I don't think this is what happened to a bunch of suburban girls fighting for one man with Trish. That whole notion is absurd.

Not liking Trish is understandable based on the way she was portrayed. But other than Jessica, I found most of the other girls just as silly in some juvenille way.

05-30-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Agree with Laker"
"Soul vampire" - perfect, Laker.

Cheri, here's the thing. "Dealing with" someone like Trish - explain. How much contact did you have with the person? It does make a difference.

See, I used to share office space with someone like Trish - in fact, it wasn't until the Women Tell All show, that I really saw the similarities between Trish & my ex-roommate. Yes I finally got away from her!

Then I really started to like Tara a lot more. I hadn't liked her and thought she was rude at that one Rose Ceremony. Now I understand.

People like Trish are SO self-involved, deluded and unwilling to TRULY take responsibility for themselves, there simply is no reasoning with them. They talk a lot about how they're good people with good hearts, blah di blah, but the truth is they have no real personality, no morals, and cannot see or accept that they are ever in the wrong. Not when & where it matters. If there is someone new in the room on whom they think their tactics will work, you will see those tactics. And people fall for it until they spend enough time and see enough of the two-faced-ness of it all.

Trish's behavior on AFTR just proves it - she talked about taking the high road - when did she ever take the high road? She talked bad about the other girls THROUGHOUT the season.

I got to the point where I could not stand the RL person - I tried everything to find a way to get thru to her - and there was none. It's just that it's a level of frustration that the best of people reach - and I'm not saying that Tara and I are the best of people, but I think Tara is a better person than Trish. Tara obviously was NOT prepared for Trish's presence, whereas Trish was.

05-30-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Agree with Laker"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-04 AT 10:07 AM (EST)

First of all I'm very surprised to find a message addressed basically to my experience with awful people. I think the rules in here say you can not agree with someone but respect their opinion.If you notice in my words, I don't speak to one person usually. I say when one finds one dealing with... not when you find this. I would appreciate the same respect.

I answered this like I"m defending myself and that is why I'm editing it now. I have no reason to do so. As you can see below. I don't condone Trish's behavior nor do I condone the other girls. I feel Trish may have made her own bed but these women acted like " did you hear about trish" like they had nothing better to do. It is called gossip and treachery. It has been around for centuries and usually it leads to destructive behavior. I did not see the program the same way you did. I think Trish's comments at the final rose commentary were because she watched a tape on national tv where she was called every name in the book. Her taking the high road in this situation was smiling and not saying a thing. Maybe she deserved it. Maybe she didn't. Maybe this is how ABC edited it.

As for my experience with toxic people, I have been 46 years on this earth. Professionally dealing in " peoples professions since I was 21." I have met the likes of Trish on a personal level often and especially while I was young, there are alot of beautiful women who act like Trish. Now in a management capacity for thirteen years I have seen it over and over. while I'm sorry you have had a questionable roommate in the past. It sounds as if you extended yourself greatly to help that person. This is truely kind. But only led to worse feelings it seemed and ultimately what u had to do u did. I tend to do the later first. I tend to deal with people like this directly and one time . If it happens to me once shame on you, if it happens to me twice " shame on me". I don't rescue people. Past behavior usually dictates future behavior. So if they demonstrate it repeatedly over several weeks time. You care enough to confront it and it doesn't change. Then I truely feel you have something maybe to complain about. It is probably not going to change. Personally and as a manager which I have been for many years,, I confront a bad situation directly and once. Then I let it go. If that doesn't correct it, then I correct it with whatever I need to do. Some people need more leeway as they will be part of your life. But doesn't mean u have to make them your best friend. I get the person out of my life if they are going to be the same and negatively impact me. In my management capacity,if they are causing problems with my team whatever disciplinary action is necessary to get this person to either work or not is taken. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
worse as the way that this was dealt with.

I have learned this after all these years in the workplace and personally. Toxic people tend to go away. They destruct on their own or they are so disliked they leave. People who are toxic usually will remain that way and destruct on their own. I worry about them little because they always go away. But I'll tell you, I don't see the others fitting either.

In management and on a personal level, I always say there are two sides to a problem. Usually one is right and one is wrong. The problem gets solved and a year and a half later what do you remember the two parties that were involved not who was right or wrong. Very much like the above and like I said.. I don't ever believe you don't make conscious choices to behave in a certain fashion. Especially at an age where you should know better. People are responsible for their behavior. Trish is. Tara is also. Anything less than that is called an excuse.

05-30-04, 06:48 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Agree with Laker"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-04 AT 09:41 AM (EST)

. cheri

05-31-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Agree with Laker"
Cheri, in all fairness, you stated "I have dealt with plenty of trish's." So I asked you what level of contact it was that you had had. It certainly wasn't an attack - or show of disrespect. Usually, I have found that when people use the term "dealing with" it implies fairly brief transactions, as opposed to sharing space with a person, for 8 hours at work, or in a shared accommodation situation.

I appreciate your post setting out your views on the matters. I wish it were true that toxic people tended to go away. They don't, in my experience. You have to get away from them. Trish has managed to insinuate herself into not one, but two episodes of this season in which she had no real business.

Re the gossiping - yes, from what I've been reading about the show, they don't have much else to do. It's not a good environment whether you're a "Trish" type or a more laid-back, quiet, ungossipy type.

I do agree that all of them need to take responsibility for their actions. I also think the AFTR situation was inherently unfair to Tara, as it was sprung on her, while Trish & Chris knew it was coming.

As for Trish, if she really had been taking the high road, she would not have returned to the show.

06-01-04, 02:27 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Agree with Laker"
for the sake of not beating this to death this is my last reply to this. What does it matter what my experience is? I still might have an opinion. I think that is the point. some people can have tons of experience and be emotionally ill equipped to handle things. Some people can be with people for five minutes and be the wisest person who ever dealt with that situation. Now I'm a pretty laid back person who is assertive. I have made friends with people just like Trish. The only difference between Trish and probably some of the women in that house is she articulated what she did outloud. Bad judgement on her part and would be questionable to think she would make a good bachelorette if she is a tell all kinda girl. But i'm sure their were other promiscuous people there. Heck, Jesse for one and noone was calling him a name... in fact they were all vying for him. Anyway, I'm done with this. Terrible to be sick tonight. Too much picnic. Cheers and good day to all!

06-01-04, 11:00 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Agree with Laker"
I'm not saying you wouldn't have an opinion, or that that opinion isn't valid.

In my defence of Tara, I felt it important to take into account the fact of their having been together, virtually 24/7. Even for a short period, that obviously was enough to cause the outbursts we saw.

In the "Real World" one would have the option to walk away, to move their office, get a new roommate, or just spend a few hours away. As well, usually one finds that such obnoxious people only occupy a portion of each day, rather than being there the whole time. Other than dating situations, the women were together the whole time, with no escape.

My point is that, before judging Tara too harshly, acknowledge if you've been in a situation that even approximates the one she was in, with the kind of person that Trish showed herself to be. People who never shared office space with "Sharon" at my work don't have the same level of animosity towards her as those who have shared space with her.

I'll understand if you consider our talk finished, Cheri, and hope you feel better after overdoing it at your picnic.

06-02-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Agree with Laker"
cheri

Here is my thoughts on that. Again, I think you missed my point. I do think these girls are in close proximity. And I think when u have a promblem repeatedly. You address the problem directly not the way I saw. That was childish. Trish is one person. She isn't an army. If Trish continued to behave badly then ignore her, but to participate in unkind comments makes noone any better and that is all about communication and people skills. Not about being with a toxic trish. As for Tara, I think she is brighter than people make her out to be. She is a contractor running a successful company. She is not an okie from the skokie. So again, I'm done. I see what u are saying. my point on the experinence thing was to what u said. Again I think it makes little difference when u just handle your problems even in extreme situations. Life is full of them.

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-30-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Agree with Laker"
Whoa, lakercheer, where'd you get your degree in psychology? lol
(Just kidding.)

I have to say that you expressed what I'd been feeling but somehow could not find the words. Yes, Trish pushes and pushes and pushes until the other women just exploded out of anger and frustration and a need to defend themselves from the B.S. coming out of Trish's mouth.

This is probably why Trish gets along better with men than women. We are raised to be proper young ladies and to take very seriously how other people view us. Men on the other hand (and yes, I know I'm generalizing) aren't as concerned about such surface issues so her comments roll off their backs.

Nonetheless, Trish is toxic toward women. Problem is, she's been playing the game so long that she's better at her role than the other ladies were at theirs. So of course she always "won." Trish was better-prepared.

I still kind of hope she's chosen as the next bachelorette, though. I think it would make for fascinating TV viewing.

05-30-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Agree with Laker"
If Trish is chosen as the Bachelorette. I don't think she would be as entertaining with a room full of men swooning over her. Remember she will have control, which is her ultimate goal in any situation.
I think you have to have experienced a "Trish" to understand the chaos they create.

chromeNblonde 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-04, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chromeNblonde Click to send private message to chromeNblonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
you're right. Trish was a certified #####. i don't know why she always looked surprised that the women didn't like her. she was slutty and hateful and waaaaaay too stuck on herself. dear God don't let her be the next Bacholerette.

ScrapyDoo 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScrapyDoo Click to send private message to ScrapyDoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
My thoughts are this, because you do not agree with someone, or what they do, or how they act doesn't make it wrong. We have different choices for everything in America, from peanut butter, to tv shows. The reason, We're all different. Sure, Trish was bitchy, but didn't it make us all watch it, I say kudos to Trish for being who she was. She's not wrong, just different

beardance58 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-31-04, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beardance58 Click to send private message to beardance58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
The atmosphere in the house was created so that the girls would gossip -- there is no tv, no books, no reading, no nothing. That is the way the show has been designed so they can get good lines. I am sure that Tara didn't just go around bad mouthing Trish, for the hell of it. I am sure that her comments were in response to questions that were posed to her. I didn't see her being nice to Trish in one situation and not nice in another. As for the comment Tara made at the one rose ceremony, she was responding to a nasty comment that Trish made, which was edited out -- making it seem like Tara's comment came out of the blue. I thought Karen's behavior was a lot more bizarre, because she seemed on one hand to genuinely like Trish, and then to go up to Jesse at the end, I was like, "Where did that come from?"

The other thing that shocked me was how cordial Jessica was to Trish -- even to the point of sending her a note? After the woman goes and interrupts Mandy Jaye's date? I'm sorry, but that sealed Trish's fate in my eyes. I don't care if you are set up to do that or not. And why was that not brought up at all in the ATFR show? Instead, Trish pounces on Tara about what she meant about the inappropriate remark? After Tara had already talked to Chris about it?

K.

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-02-04, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: My thoughts on the un-lady like Trish "
Trish, Trish, Trish...what can I NOT say about her? All I know is that I will never ever associate myself with anyone like her. She is mean, snooty, has too much attitude and very conceited. Uggh.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •