The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Stupid Quarter"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-01-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Stupid Quarter"
So Wisconsin just decided on it's commerative quarter design. It was between the themes of early exploration (with fur traders and native americans), agriculture, and woods/wildlife with deer, fish & forest.

The stupid agriculture one won. Great, way to further our reputation of riding cows and eating mass quantities of cheese. Do people not realize that we lost the "leading dairy producing state" title a long time ago?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Stupid Quarter mistofleas 10-01-03 1
   Minnesota weltek 10-01-03 3
 RE: Stupid Quarter Wheezy 10-01-03 2
   RE: Stupid Quarter mistofleas 10-01-03 4
       Had to find a picture! moonbaby 10-01-03 5
           RE: Had to find a picture! Devious Weasel 10-01-03 6
               So moonbaby 10-01-03 8
                   Well Devious Weasel 10-01-03 9
                       RE: Well mistofleas 10-01-03 11
                           RE: Well Wheezy 10-01-03 16
                               RE: Well Devious Weasel 10-01-03 20
 My vote FesterFan1 10-01-03 7
   Hey landruajm 10-01-03 18
       Who's fruvous? Calypso 10-01-03 23
           BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! landruajm 10-01-03 27
               Busted! Calypso 10-01-03 33
       RE: Hey FesterFan1 10-01-03 24
           RE: Hey landruajm 10-01-03 28
               RE: Hey Lisapooh 10-01-03 37
                   RE: Hey landruajm 10-02-03 38
   Maryland, My Maryland Calypso 10-01-03 25
 RE: Stupid Quarter pythonfan 10-01-03 10
 RE: Stupid Quarter desert_rhino 10-01-03 12
 RE: Stupid Quarter sittem 10-01-03 13
 RE: Stupid Quarter Devious Weasel 10-01-03 14
   RE: Stupid Quarter pythonfan 10-01-03 19
   American Gothic moonbaby 10-01-03 32
       RE: American Gothic Calypso 10-01-03 34
       RE: American Gothic Devious Weasel 10-01-03 36
   Schoolhouse rock Calypso 10-01-03 35
 it will only be worse... cqvenus 10-01-03 15
 RE: Stupid Quarter L82LIFE 10-01-03 17
   RE: Stupid Quarter tig_ger 10-01-03 21
       RE: Stupid Quarter I_AM_HE 10-01-03 29
   RE: Stupid Quarter I_AM_HE 10-01-03 22
       RE: Stupid Quarter ginger 10-01-03 26
 RE: Stupid Quarter probably clueless 10-01-03 30
   RE: Stupid Quarter ginger 10-01-03 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
You know what Weltek, you're right, that thing is ugly. A big cows head, that's what I think of when I think of Wisconsin. *not*

I think a landscape of the Dells would have been much prettier.

I can only imagine what they're going to do with Minnesota. They'll probably have it be the first quarter painted white, representing a big ol' blizzard.

--is collecting all the quarters the old fashioned way

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Minnesota"
Maybe they will show a guy spitting and calling it a lake. No really, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll do some nature/Boundary Waters thing.

-Thinks Misto should've designed an entry for us

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Stupid Quarter"

At least it's not a cheesehead hat.

WHEEZE

10-01-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
LOL

--wants to see one of the hamsters in a cheeshat

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Had to find a picture!"
I don't think I've ever seen a cheesehead hat!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Had to find a picture!"
I own a cheesehead hat!

10-01-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "So"
where do you get one of these babies? I'm not sayin I need to have one, but if it was on your shopping list-where would you go?

10-01-03, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Well"
Got mine at the Wisconsin Cheese Shop in the Mall of America. Here's their online cheese head ordering page.

Misto! When are we going to the MOA together?

10-01-03, 12:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Well"
Misto! When are we going to the MOA together?

You'll get me into the MOA about the same time the you see 4 horsemen riding towards you and the earth begins to explode. I hate that place.

I will however meet you at the Apple Valley Zoo. I love those Beluga whales.

--now wants caviar

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Well"

That Lego store is pretty cool, you've got to admit

WHEEZE

secret Lego lover

10-01-03, 02:35 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Well"
It's okay to love your legos, as long as you don't LOVE your legos...

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "My vote"
The Laverne & Shirley quarter. Either that, or a Milwaukee's Beast beer can.

Schlemiel, schlmazel...

Fester
At least yours doesn't have the title as "Most Boring State Quarter". MD gets that nod for the exciting Old State House. Yippee!! Then again, we could use something understated unlike our flag which I once heard Moxy Fruvous refer to as "the international marine signal flag for Clown Overboard".

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Hey"
Don't diss the flag, Bozo.

Who the hell is Moxy Fruvous?

Calypso 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-01-03, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Calypso Click to send private message to Calypso Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Who's fruvous?"
http://www.fruvous.com/

Kick in the ass.
Kick in the ass.
Kick in the ass, it's coming.
Kick in the ass, it's coming.

10-01-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"
Nothing to see here.

Man, they really need to start checking IDs around here.

10-01-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Calypso Click to send private message to Calypso Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Busted!"
You like Fruvous, do you?

Then you'll really like NerfHerders.

"now your busted!
whoa-oa-oa, busted!
whoa-oa-oa, busted!
whoa-o -a-oa, i'm disgusted, you're busted"

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Hey"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-03 AT 02:54 PM (EST)

I wasn't dissing, merely saying that the flag's a little, ya know, showy.

You seem to be a bit touchy about it. You wouldn't happen to be descended from the Calverts would you?

Fester
He was the Left Fielder for the Blue Jays in the late '70s. Played with Doug Ault.

10-01-03, 02:58 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Hey"
Newp. But I might have a Blair in the woodpile.

I think "played" is a pretty strong word for anything involving the Blue Jays and the 1970s, don't you?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Hey"
Did you know Doug Ault is the Douchebag of Verona?

my best summary moment EVER. Trumps Pol Pot.

10-02-03, 07:47 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Hey"
Nuh-uh. Nothing trumps your Pol Pot moment, honey. Nothing, by anyone, ever.

Almost drove 1500 miles to beg Poohdle to marry him the night she wrote the Pol Pot line.

10-01-03, 02:54 PM (EST)
25. "Maryland, My Maryland"
Slogan: That's near DC, right?

Apparently we're number one in heroin consumption, so we've got that goin'...

pythonfan 3348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-01-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pythonfan Click to send private message to pythonfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
*giggle*

I'm sorry.

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling snow while it is still snowing." -Phyllis Diller

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
ugliest.quarter.yet

-- JV

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-01-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
That's just swell, Wel. I forget what I learned in 8th grade - is "Forward" part of the state motto or what? I don't even think the state is that high in corn production, is it?

What were some of the other designs? Ag is important, but is that really the essence of the state? Even though we owned a farm in my childhood it doesn't resonate for me.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

10-01-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
These were the Iowa designs. The winner is the one at the bottom with the one room schoolhouse. I can't tell you how happy I am that we did not go with one of the cow/pig ones.

Sadly, the owners of the rights to American Gothic wouldn't let them use it. (They did let them use the Arbor Day, which is also based on a Grant Wood painting.) That would have been a cool quarter...

pythonfan 3348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-01-03, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pythonfan Click to send private message to pythonfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
Isn't the midwest grand?

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling snow while it is still snowing." -Phyllis Diller

10-01-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
32. "American Gothic"
I wonder why the owners denied the use-too bad, that would have been GREAT!

10-01-03, 04:23 PM (EST)
34. "RE: American Gothic"
It made for a fine ERA button. I do remember that from my Iowa days.

10-01-03, 05:29 PM (EST)
36. "RE: American Gothic"
Probably money - while they are willing to let Wood's lesser known paintings get used for things, they make a lot of money from the licensing of American Gothic. I imagine they wanted a cut of every quarter minted...

10-01-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
35. "Schoolhouse rock"
I AM glad they chose the schoolhouse one, since Iowa is, after all, home to the hottest. school. ever.

If you don't believe me, believe Newsweek.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/955658.asp?cp1=1

Sons of old Grinnell, let your voices swell, in a song to the staunch, the true. In praise of alma mater, as her sons ever love to do...

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "it will only be worse..."
for states minting their quarters after 2005.

read here for more details.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
Do people not realize that we lost the "leading dairy producing state" title a long time ago?

Yep, Cali now holds that title. Central CA is often referred to as the "bread basket of the world" due to the large agricultural industry. However, out of the five designs for the California quarter, not a single one has anything on it about agriculture. Hmmm.....guess we know where we stand.

So Weltek, can we have your cow?

Kidding, kidding, you can keep the cow quarter, or the "Bessie quarter" as I will now call it. LOL

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-01-03, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
Here are the five finalists submitted to the US Mint. Note that two of them have the wrong date. (proposed date of issue is 2005, not 2004 or 2002)

I like some of the designs, but two are just ugg-lee! I might want the cow quarter after all.

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: Voted in the Internet poll for the second quarter as she did not trust the Gray Matter to pick the right five quarters to submit to the Mint.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
thanks for the link tig_ger! the second one is my favorite too. the sequoia one is interesting though. and i really like the first and last ones in the top row and the first one in the last row of the "other finalists" section

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
what were the candidates?

I hope Texas' is good

my faves are Mississippi, Maine, and Rhode Island

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
The advent of the Euro produces similar results as each country designs its own Euro picture even though the currency is the same from land to land. Italy's Euros were v. pretty, with Venus on the Half Shell for the Euro equivalent of the dollar, if memory serves. On the other hand, Germany went for a nostalgic salute to the late 30s with a reprisal of the Naziesque war eagles and stark flags.
Friends in Britain were laughing about what the English Euros would be, if England actually got with the program. They decided Princess Di would be on the Dollar, Beckham and Posh on the half Euro, and for Camilla, recommended the very very tiny penny.

>

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
I heard that ours is going to be Janet Reno with windblown locks representing the force of the Hurricanes.

*Education: Curses in Librul Arts, Curses in Computer Science, Curses in Accounting*

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Stupid Quarter"
Good lord. What will be on the reverse side of THAT?

>

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •