The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up A Team In Your Taxi (Shanghai Edition)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up A Team In Your Taxi (Shanghai Edition)"
10. 'Sorry, he-who-has-horns, but the regulations clearly say 'no Oni'.

9. 'The ones who took them from the airport already got all their money!'

8. 'A taxi driver has the choice between four teams, each with their own pros and cons...'

7. 'I'm holding out for Charla.'

6. 'If they're here, the one with blue hair can't be far behind -- drive away!'

5. 'Have you people taken a shower in the last two continents?'

4. 'I don't know. I picked up the last team of Racers to come through China -- and they stiffed me!'

3. 'There's only so many times we can stand to hear the word 'Honey' in one day.'

2. 'Can't you read? The sign clearly says 'Hours Of Taxi Operation: 2:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.'

1. 'I saw a bootleg copy of the first three episodes.'

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up ... ginger 02-02-05 1
 RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up ... mikey 02-02-05 2
 RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up ... Scuba Steve 02-02-05 3
 RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up ... Karchita 02-02-05 4
   RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up ... Spider 02-02-05 5
       RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up ... HobbsofMI 02-02-05 7
 RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up ... Puffy 02-02-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up A Team In Your Taxi (Shanghai Edition)"
I'm guessing none of our remaining teams is smelling April fresh at this point, either...

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-02-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up A Team In Your Taxi (Shanghai Edition)"
#11. The teams don't need taxis, everyone in China knows this episode is non-elimination.

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-02-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up A Team In Your Taxi (Shanghai Edition)"
Very funny, Estee. I especially like #8.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-02-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up A Team In Your Taxi (Shanghai Edition)"
lol
Thank you, Estee.

Seriously, though, I know that China is not completely open to foreign visitors. As with most communist countries, it has some strange restrictions. There is a ton of tourism there in certain areas, but there are also areas where foreigners are not allowed. I haven't been there myself, but friends of mine got into trouble and caused a real commotion when they got off a train at a city where they weren't allowed.

Has anyone traveled in China? Maybe some taxis aren't licensed to take foreigners. The racers had an easier time getting cabs in another location, but maybe that was someplace where more tourists congregate, and so do the taxis that can pick them up.

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up A Team In Your Taxi (Shanghai Edition)"
I live in Singapore and have been to China.

Yes, I guess there could be some racism against American travelers but in general they are pretty good.
When they landed in China and as Freddie mentioned later, it was peak hour. Nearly impossible to flag down a cab not because they are racist but because all drivers are going to their daily locatiins, pick up points, taxi stands, etc.. to get passengers. They are not supposed to pick people up in the streets, only designated taxi areas.

Later, if you noticed, it was easy to get cabs because it was off peak and they can do what they want.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up A Team In Your Taxi (Shanghai Edition)"
DW lived in Shanghai and if you check out the Update thread you can see that it is against the law to pick someone up outside of the pick-up areas which are about 100 yards in front or behind the bus stops, this goes for peak and non-peak times. During peak times most taxi's are going to scheduled pick-ups so you have to watch for the green light just to the right of the drive.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top #10 Reasons Not To Pick Up A Team In Your Taxi (Shanghai Edition)"
Extrememly funny list, Estee!

Created exclusively for Puffy by JSlice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •