The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Yielded! The race is over for us."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Yielded! The race is over for us."
Oh, wait. No it isn't 'cause this is another pre-determined NON-ELIMINATION ROUND. aaauuggghhhh! What is the point of having a yield and a non-elim round in the same leg. Separation? You know they're just going to bunch up at the beginning of the next round. All it can do is pis$ somebody off. By now, aren't they already irritated with the other teams enough?

I guess i'm just ticked because an almost pointless aspect of the show was completely pointless because it was added to a non-elim round.

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Agree mrc 02-02-05 1
 RE: Yielded! The race is ov... Oscirus 02-02-05 2
 RE: Yielded! The race is ov... TAR Junkie 02-02-05 3
 RE: Yielded! The race is ov... Scuba Steve 02-02-05 4
 RE: Yielded! The race is ov... Estee 02-02-05 5
 RE: Yielded! The race is ov... Surveysez 02-02-05 6
   RE: Yielded! The race is ov... brvnkrz 02-02-05 7
       RE: Yielded! The race is ov... nailbone 02-02-05 8
           RE: Yielded! The race is ov... PepeLePew13 02-02-05 9
               RE: Yielded! The race is ov... ginger 02-02-05 10
                   RE: Yielded! The race is ov... dragonflies 02-02-05 11
 RE: Yielded! The race is ov... Tahj 02-02-05 12
   RE: Yielded! The race is ov... MissMyth 02-02-05 13
       RE: Yielded! The race is ov... KMan 02-02-05 14
           RE: Yielded! The race is ov... Spider 02-02-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Agree"
I was not happy. At least the Yield should count for something. TAR needs to rethink its format.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-02-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."

guess i'm just ticked because an almost pointless aspect of the show was completely pointless because it was added to a non-elim round

Well if it is of any consolation Freddy and Kendra chose to make it even more pointless by choosing to yield the weakest team left.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

TAR Junkie 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-02-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR%20Junkie Click to send private message to TAR%20Junkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
I'm afraid that this season has tempered my interest in TAR. Too much bunching up, too few interesting teams (I still have trouble telling the difference between three of the last teams), too many nonelimination legs and too much fiddling with the rules. If the producers spent more time selecting the teams they wouldn't have to come up with rule changes every race. Also if they make running such a vital part of the show (the last leg is nothing but a mad dash) then why even select a team that has all it can handle by walking?

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-02-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
What was really dumb is that Freddy/Kendra yielded Adam/Rebecca, when they could have easily yielded Kris/jon, who are the strongest team in the race.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
I can see a tiny little bit of point in that it'll be just a little harder for the last-place team to beg money and get out of the country, but... actually, given that, I kind of wish it had been Freddy and Kendra. We know Adam can beg.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-02-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
I dunno. The yield brought some hostilities to the forefront between teams, and perhaps Rebecca will not be so willing to aid others over Adam now. Who knows. I did find it funny that Adam and Rebecca were so busy arguing they didn't even see the sand run out.

Perhaps they will do good at begging. Remember Rebecca getting the guy to buy her lunch on the train. Of course, she couldn't get him to spring for Adam, but who know.

I child proofed my house and they still get in.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
Is it part of the rules that they can't start begging until they depart? Because I never understood why they didn't beg for money right away so that they weren't scrammbling at departure time to get money.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
Didn't one of the teams early on spend a lot of the rest time at the pit stop begging for money from the hotels guests?

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
Colin and Christie did that last season. Perhaps the producers stepped in this year and said "wait until you get your first clue before you start begging."

Scratch and sniff

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
It will be amusing to watch them beg in metropolitan China.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
"It will be amusing to watch them beg in metropolitan China."

...in the middle of the night.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-02-05, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
While I agree with you, keep in mind that the Yield did keep Jon and Kris from coming in last. It gave them just enough time to make up for the bad cab rides and beat Adam and Rebecca. We can only hope that this will be enough to help eliminate them next week.

Wait! What am I saying? There will still be bunching dammit, BUNCHING! Now THAT is something to rant about.

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-02-05, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
At the beginning of last night's show when they were showing the times that the teams were leaving, I realized just how close together all the teams were. It made me wonder how close Bolo and Lori were behind the others. And that made me wonder if Lori could have changed the outcome if she had immediately turned around and went back for the ticket as soon as she was told she needed it. Instead, she argued for what seemed like an awfully long time.

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 04:46 PM (EST)

Or alternatively, whether Bolo could have ran up to Lori to give her the ticket.

edited to fix a typo

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Yielded! The race is over for us."
Unfortunatelty Adam and Rebecca must get enough money to get to
the first detour/roadblock because the previews show them having a hard time with a lock.

I thought Shanghai would be hard to beg with the lanugage barrier but as always, they are staying in a western hotel so can hit the tourists. I doubt they even try to get money from locals on the street. Maybe they sell something? A young western boy can fetch a good price from local men and you know Adam won't mind.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •