The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AyaK: Why did you lock my thread?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ankerdosh 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-22-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ankerdosh Click to send private message to ankerdosh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AyaK: Why did you lock my thread?"
My thread -- "The Judges Should Blame Themselves" was not about bashing John Stevens. Not every thread is about bashing John Stevens. This thread was about the judges.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Not the appropriate way to ask Bebo 04-22-04 1
   RE: Not the appropriate way to ask ankerdosh 04-22-04 4
       RE: Not the appropriate way to ask Lisapooh 04-22-04 5
           RE: Not the appropriate way to ask ankerdosh 04-22-04 6
               RE: Not the appropriate way to ask Lisapooh 04-22-04 8
               RE: Not the appropriate way to ask GrendelsMom 04-22-04 9
 RE: AyaK: Why did you lock my thre... dangerkitty 04-22-04 2
 RE: AyaK: Why did you lock my thre... Lisapooh 04-22-04 3
 I'm for creating even more threads.... Ricky 04-22-04 7
   RE: I'm for creating even more thre... GrendelsMom 04-22-04 10
       RE: I'm for creating even more thre... Ricky 04-22-04 11
           RE: I'm for creating even more thre... Bebo 04-22-04 12
               RE: I'm for creating even more thre... wildchickenhunter 04-22-04 13
 RE: AyaK: Why did you lock my thre... SurvivorBlows 04-22-04 14
 Reply -- and relocking AyaK 04-22-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Not the appropriate way to ask"
When you have a question for the moderators, email them. There's a link on the main page that shows all of the moderators, and if you click on the link, you can send them an email. Please refer to the guidelines if you have further questions.

04-22-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ankerdosh Click to send private message to ankerdosh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not the appropriate way to ask"
Actually, I spent 10-15 minutes looking for a way to e mail Ayak before I posted that thread. It would be very nice if she had provided a link to that guideline. All I got a message saying "the ipos are locked."

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not the appropriate way to ask"
in the right hand corner of every post, there are two direct ways to email any poster - moderator or otherwise.

You can send them a private message or an email to the account they registered with. All you have to do is click the icons. one looks like an inbox, one is an envelope.

04-22-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Not the appropriate way to ask"
No...In the right hand corner of AYAk's post, there is only a blue monitor...when I clicked on it, I got a message saying the IPO was disabled. I have also gone to the home page of the website. I have gone "About RTW." I have gone to "Contact RTW"

WHat else am I supposed to do?

04-22-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not the appropriate way to ask"
well ankerdosh, you could go to the lobby and click on his or any of the other moderators' for the AI board names (there are three mods for this board) that would have provided you a direct email link.

You could have also clicked on any one of the literally thousands of AK posts and contacted him that way.

We are trying to help you - try to contain the petulance and hostility ok? It's very misplaced.

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-22-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not the appropriate way to ask"
If you go to the lobby, then scroll down to "American Idol" you'll see the moderator's names listed beside it. Click on any of the moderators (including AyaK) and you'll get an e-mail screen with which to direct your question.

And psst--AyaK is male.

<==flashed by J_Loaf
"Don't take any course where they make you read Beowulf"--Alvy Singer (Woody Allen), Annie Hall

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-22-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AyaK: Why did you lock my thread?"
Suggestion: When he locks this one, don't start another asking why he locked it.

*goes back to banging head against wall*

Thanks to everyone who has been trying to keep order here

04-22-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
3. "RE: AyaK: Why did you lock my thread?"
not to speak for AyaK or anything, but there's still plenty of other threads your comments about the judges could have gone into.

As a matter of fact, I posted the exact same thing (practically verbatim) about the judges needing to blame themselves last night. I just put it in an existing thread.

We really like to keep the boards contained. We welcome and encourage new posters - we want to read your opinions, we don't want people to feel unwelcome or unwanted, but please folow the established guidelines of the community. You don't have to jump up and down and scream look at me to get attention or input on these boards.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-22-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I'm for creating even more threads..."
Personally, I see nothing wrong with opening a new thread to discuss a specific topic, even if the topic is discussed somewhere else. The problem is that threads tend to go off topic and become 100+ entires long, making it difficult to follow all of the discussions. And then someone usually says someting like "oh that's being discussed in the "Spolier thread" and closes a perfectly legitmate new thread. It is difficult to come to this board and just read the topics you are interested in by the looking at the thread name since there are sidetracks and mini-discussions in also every one. I'm all for creating more threads. Just my two cents.

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I'm for creating even more threads..."
You might see nothing wrong with it, but the moderators and the general community do. Webby sets the rules and we agree to abide by them, in return for the privilege of playing on his playground.

<==flashed by J_Loaf
"Don't take any course where they make you read Beowulf"--Alvy Singer (Woody Allen), Annie Hall

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-22-04, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I'm for creating even more threads..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-04 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

Right, we all need to play by the rules, but that's not to say the rules can't be changed. Given that I usually only spend a half hour or so per day on the boards, I would prefer to actually see threads where ONLY the particular topic in the thread title is being discussed. The rule should be if you want to discuss something other than what's in the thread title then open a new thread/topic.

Many times I've seen someone open a topic like "Paula Has a New HairStyle" and then a mod closes it and says something like "that's being discussed in the "Why I'm voting for Jennifer Hudson" thread and closes the new thread. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I'm for creating even more threads..."
Ricky,

Bring your concerns up privately with the mods. Taking it upon yourself to change the rules or repeatedly cricizing them publicly are both violations of the guidelines.

Whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter. The person who made all of the effort to put together this site and who puts his time and energy into maintaining it has specific feelings on how he would like for these situations to be handled, and that's what matters.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I'm for creating even more threads..."
Hey Bebo! How ya been?

I have read a few of your post lately...is it my imagination or do you get nicer every day?

***Smooch***

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: AyaK: Why did you lock my thread?"
I didn't lock the thread but I'm sure it was locked for good reason -- likely because it was duplicate of some other recent existing thread.

In the meantime there's not reason for this thread to remain open... as others have pointed out, there's numerous other reasons to make your inquiry, locking.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Reply -- and relocking"
I unlocked this thread to reply to ankerdosh. Here's why I locked your thread:

If you had started a thread asking, "Do the judges really care who wins?" -- that wouldn't have been locked. It's a new topic.

But to say that the judges should blame themselves because John Stevens is still around presupposes (1) that John Stevens shouldn't still be around and (2) that there is blame to be assessed because he is still around. I think there are plenty of other threads dealing with both of those issues. Don't you?

If you want to discuss this further, please e-mail me.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •