The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI and Cheese"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-04, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI and Cheese"
I sincerely apologize to the hardworking and wonderful Mods if this is a duplicate thread. Just lock me up, buttercup.

Anyway, AI just doesn’t grab me and I think I now know why.

Velvetta. It’s a processed cheese food. AI seems to offer nothing more then a plate of Velvetta. A smooth, ripe brie or sharp cheddar would be nice once in a while.

Is that asking too much?

A Kittyloaf®Original
*End of Whine*

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI and Cheese CantStandToLook 04-22-04 1
   RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-22-04 4
 RE: AI and Cheese Tiger Lily 04-22-04 2
   RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-22-04 3
       RE: AI and Cheese grit 04-22-04 10
           RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-22-04 11
 See 'World Idol' AyaK 04-22-04 5
   RE: See 'World Idol' probably clueless 04-22-04 8
   RE: See 'World Idol' CantStandToLook 04-22-04 12
   RE: See 'World Idol' Fishercat 04-26-04 28
 RE: AI and Cheese greenmonstah 04-22-04 6
   RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-22-04 9
 RE: AI and Cheese okaychatt 04-22-04 7
   RE: AI and Cheese dkay1211 04-24-04 24
 RE: AI and Cheese HECObug 04-22-04 13
   RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-22-04 14
       RE: AI and Cheese shedevil 04-22-04 15
           RE: AI and Cheese madi03 04-23-04 16
               RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-24-04 17
                   RE: AI and Cheese shedevil 04-24-04 18
                       RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-24-04 19
                           RE: AI and Cheese shedevil 04-24-04 20
                               RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-24-04 21
                                   RE: AI and Cheese shedevil 04-24-04 22
                                       RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-24-04 23
 RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-25-04 25
 RE: AI and Cheese theincrediblehugey 04-26-04 26
   RE: AI and Cheese probably clueless 04-26-04 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 03:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AI and Cheese"
I think I know what you're trying to say and I agree. As good as the Divas are...it's nothing new and as bad as John Stevens sounds....he's different than the processed cheese food they're churning out with the others.

That said...no way is he a better singer than the others (though I'm still not a big george fan) and he really shouldn't have been in this competition to begin with. This is pop idol or whatever and that's not who he is...but at this stage of the game and as great as I thought Jennifer was last night..I could care less who wins cause most of them sound the same.

Boring boring boring....Clay and Ruben offered different styles and appealed to a wide cross-section of people. I see the group album doing better than whoever wins this thing. There's just nothing special or that stands out to me about this group...except of course the worst remaining singer there John Stevens. (and I'm still a fan ...but I think he needs lots of work in the studio)

Handcrafted by RollDdice
blatantly causing cross-threading confusion since..eh..today

04-22-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Gonna quietly sneak this thread up top...

A Kittyloaf®Original
*shhhhhhbbbb*

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-22-04, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Hmmm... I like the analogy, clueless. However, I'm thinking American Idol is more of a maroilles or a taleggio. You know, the stinky cheeses. Just sayin.

*sits down to share a glass of Whine with clueless*

04-22-04, 03:17 AM (EST)
3. "RE: AI and Cheese"
I was thinkin' the same but didn't want to go there and piss anyone off.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*I'm with you and CSTL on this*

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-22-04, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: AI and Cheese"
I was thinkin' the same but didn't want to go there and piss anyone off.

But, it's always better to be pissed off than pissed on....

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

04-22-04, 01:30 PM (EST)
11. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Its always been my philosophy to avoid the latter.

A Kittyloaf®Original

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "See 'World Idol'"
I agree ... and I also think that we saw backlash from the voters during 'World Idol'. Pick two people who LESS fit the 'Pop Idol' image than winner Kurt Nilsen (singing U2's 'Beautiful Day') and third-place Peter Evrard (singing Nirvana's 'Lithium').

But that backlash hasn't yet hurt the ratings --- which is why we get such travesties as Barry Manilow Night.

04-22-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
8. "RE: See 'World Idol'"
"which is why we get such travesties as Barry Manilow Night. "

He should be elected to the Pathetic Has-Been Hall of Fame for that travesty.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Good thing I'm onna diet 'cause I couldn't eat after that episode*

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: See 'World Idol'"
It'd be nice to see the ratings tank after the idiocy that we've seen this week but unfortunately most of us love our train wrecks and this would be Amtraks err American Idols biggest one.

There's already bodies littered everywhere...Jennifer and Amy the most recognizable two but probably more to come.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
eh..you talking to me *wags fingers* are you talking to me

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-26-04, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: See 'World Idol'"
I think you hit it on the nose.

AI really needs to throw a few more screwballs into the mix and they need to get more strict on the song selectability. You are kidding me if that rendition of a Stevie Wonder song was "soul" in the early times. They could really use some obscure catergory (Well, Latin night is a tiny step in the right direction, still too easy. A night to screw them all up would be a night of the music Evrard and Nilsen sang, I guess it would be called rock and roll. Still, they'd slip around it and pick soft rock crapola).

Anyway, I think you're right. I think people are sick of this "wuss rock"/ballad types, which is a reason why JPL got fairly far and John Stevens is still fair. I thought Jennifer/LaToya/Fantasia were the 3 best singers, but you are kidding me if you want me to vote for one of them over George or even Diana (Fantasia is a bit more active though). At least John is different, that, his age/style contrast, and his whole share of a fanbase keeps him there.

End Ranting.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AI and Cheese"
I know I may get some reponses after saying this, but isn't pop music a processed genre? I undertsand what you are saying clueless, but I am not sure if a sharp, unique performer can emerge from AI because of what it is trying to mass produce.

Funny...I dislike cheese, but, I love threads about cheese. (?)

04-22-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
9. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Even one-hit-wonders need a hook to distinguish them if just for a minute. Everyone plays the same three chords over and over and over again. The successful one will figure out or trip over the right spice and it will work.

Obviously there isn’t a recipe for success by simply adding a tablespoon of a fine aged cheese. All the ingredients have to come together. But it takes more then just Velvetta, which seems to be all we’re being fed.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Will never start another cheese thread again*

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-22-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: AI and Cheese"
I get the giggles considering the level of fear Simon must be feeling at the thought of having to market John Stevens. I don't think he even likes the kid!

Speaking of cheese, perhaps John's first concert would be in Wisconsin?

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-04, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: AI and Cheese"
I disagree....at least when the competition first started he made the comment in an article somewhere that 2 people sounded different and he liked that....during the first few weeks, he specifically said to John that he hoped he did well because he is different....
Simon may have changed his mind about that now, but I think he liked John and at least in the beginning hoping he would do well....=)

HECObug 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HECObug Click to send private message to HECObug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Hey PC!! Yeah its not cheese... Its cheese pie!! This is season SUCKS!! Expessailly now that one of the best people got kicked off!! Yeah but I agree about this season!!

04-22-04, 10:21 PM (EST)
14. "RE: AI and Cheese"
My My My...You certainly like your pie.

*Winks*

A Kittyloaf®Original
*cool post*

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Jennifer kept it from sucking, now they have nobody left.She lit up the show. Let's see just how thrilling it gets without her.

madi03 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madi03 Click to send private message to madi03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Here, here. I was getting excited about the show again, now I'm debating about even watching anymore.

04-24-04, 04:48 AM (EST)
17. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Pull the plug and step away from the TV.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*This has been a pubic service announcement*

04-24-04, 04:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Pull the plug and step away from the TV.

Oh no, it's much more fun to watch and complain about it.

04-24-04, 05:13 AM (EST)
19. "RE: AI and Cheese"
"Oh no, it's much more fun to watch and complain about it."

Are we talking about AI or the soon-to-be-released unedited version of "One Night in Paris".

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Got French Fries?*

04-24-04, 05:17 AM (EST)
20. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Are we talking about AI or the soon-to-be-released unedited version of "One Night in Paris".

Hmm.... I don't know what "One Night in Paris" is so I'll go with AI.

04-24-04, 05:21 AM (EST)
21. "RE: AI and Cheese"
Coming to a store near you <so to speak>.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/23/film.hilton.reut/index.html

A Kittyloaf®Original

04-24-04, 05:26 AM (EST)
22. "RE: AI and Cheese"
I'm glad I chose AI, I couldn't be paid to watch a Paris Hilton tape, show or anything. I can't stand her.

04-24-04, 05:34 AM (EST)
23. "RE: AI and Cheese"
I just report the news as it happens.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Totally Objective*

04-25-04, 04:00 AM (EST)
25. "RE: AI and Cheese"
I'm saddend by the lack of any additional cheese analogies to AI. But I understand because it seems the viewers of AI are 24 times more likely to 'Kraft Mac It' then experiment with a new dish.

I pulled that stat out of my butt by the way.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*I'll get over it.*

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-26-04, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: AI and Cheese"
It's odd isn't it, the things that appeal to the masses?

I, for one, love a good brie, but my kids just turn up their noses and go for the processed cheese food.

What would the world be like if everyone went for the finer things in life?

04-26-04, 00:54 AM (EST)
27. "RE: AI and Cheese"
There was a poster in another forum who lives in NYC and was asking for opinions of various chain restaurants for dinner that night. When you live in one of the culinary capitals of the world, why would you even think about going to a chain restaurant.

I don’t mean to be critical, especially of your kids who are probably wonderful, and I have a true appreciation for Velveeta as well as 3 chords and out. They provide a common denominator that we all share at some point. I’m just a bit surprised at how bland this group of American ‘IDOLS’ is this season.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Love a really ripe and fatty brie sometimes*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •