The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"America Agrees with Archon!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-21-04, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"America Agrees with Archon!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-04 AT 11:38 PM (EST)

Fellow DAWs...

I would like to think it was just a strange coincidence that my previous rant about the "D" word occurred on the same day as tonights result show....

But the fact is, I KNEW THE ANSWERS IN ADVANCE. Yes, I tapped into Bell South and AT&T to track all the phone calls on my Commodore-64. It was smoking like crazy on Tuesday night, but when it was all over -- I had the answers...

Ok... maybe not (but I did own a C-64)...

Perhaps America is fed up with having over produced talent being moulded into a commodity that we are then told to buy.
Perhaps America decided that it wanted to show that it likes what it likes (ok, that might be crap more often than not, but we like it...)
Perhaps America decided that they were tired of wanna-be-"D" and just want someone they can enjoy listening to.

Or, perhaps the phone lines were just down in different parts of the country....

For weeks AI has been pushing the concepts of "3D" upon the American consumer... its been building... last night was just the final straw. The blatant and concerted effort of 3 judges to swing the votes towards the "3D" backfired... Badly...

AMERICA DOES NOT WANT WANNA-BE-"D"!! We want talent... We want emotion... We want a connection to the performer. Is that so much to ask for? D*mn, for all the friggin' Coke products that have been sublimnally sold to me over the past 3 seasons, the least they can do is connect with ME instead of my wallet...

Thank you for letting me rant again...

Archon

I may not be right, but at least for 1 night, I'm in the majority!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: America Agrees with Archon!! JOSHIDOL 04-22-04 1
   RE: America Agrees with Archon!! archon 04-22-04 5
       RE: America Agrees with Archon!! Mistral 04-22-04 6
           RE: America Agrees with Archon!! archon 04-22-04 10
       RE: America Agrees with Archon!! JOSHIDOL 04-22-04 25
           RE: America Agrees with Archon!! Melody 04-23-04 29
 RE: America Agrees with Archon!! greenmonstah 04-22-04 2
   RE: America Agrees with Archon!! probably clueless 04-22-04 3
   RE: America Agrees with Archon!! archon 04-22-04 4
       RE: America Agrees with Archon!! Mistral 04-22-04 7
       RE: America Agrees with Archon!! Breezy 04-22-04 8
           RE: America Agrees with Archon!! archon 04-22-04 16
               RE: America Agrees with Archon!! Breezy 04-22-04 21
                   RE: America Agrees with Archon!! archon 04-22-04 27
                       RE: America Agrees with Archon!! Breezy 04-23-04 30
       RE: America Agrees with Archon!! greenmonstah 04-22-04 9
           RE: America Agrees with Archon!! archon 04-22-04 12
               RE: America Agrees with Archon!! greenmonstah 04-22-04 13
           RE: America Agrees with Archon!! frisky 04-22-04 14
               RE: America Agrees with Archon!! GrendelsMom 04-22-04 17
                   RE: America Agrees with Archon!! greenmonstah 04-22-04 18
                       RE: America Agrees with Archon!! Lisapooh 04-22-04 19
                           RE: America Agrees with Archon!! greenmonstah 04-22-04 20
                           RE: America Agrees with Archon!! GrendelsMom 04-22-04 23
 RE: America Agrees with Archon!! mahjonger 04-22-04 11
   RE: America Agrees with Archon!! GrendelsMom 04-22-04 15
       RE: America Agrees with Archon!! mahjonger 04-22-04 24
           RE: America Agrees with Archon!! Chrissy gal 04-22-04 26
               RE: America Agrees with Archon!! mahjonger 04-23-04 28
 RE: America Agrees with Archon!! bob_chester 04-22-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-22-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
I agree with you 100%. Week after week no matter what type of performance the 3 divas had, those judges would go nuts. Simon really crossed the line if you ask me the past 2 weeks. First telling Fantasia she did good with her lips, then declaring Latoya the winner. I am convinced no matter what those 3 do, bad, good, in between he would be giveing them high praise. Then he insults the others so badly. This guy has got to realize, this is not London, this is America, we pull for the underdog. I agree that John Stevens should be gone but you know what the more you keep bashing him, the more Simon haters will vote for him and believe me, I think there are lots of Simon haters in the world.
George had laryngitis this week, you never even heard them mention that. To tell the guy that he just got lucky to me was so far off the mark. The guy is a good singer and a good talent. he may not be fit for what they perceive as an American idol but come on to bash him like Randy and Simon do. It will only get him more votes.
I thought Fantasia' performance was terrible and to bring a aby out on stage was to me the ultimate insult. I do not think America liked that. Latoya her personality is still yet to be found but when she declared herself the winner Tuesday, saying I know I can win. I thik that turned America off. Jennifer has been ithe bottom before and does not have a og fan base. Why this vote was shocking is unknown to me.
You said it all Archon and good for you. Now lets see if the love fest continues next week between Simon, Randy adn the Divas. I say watch and see if they do not tone it down.

04-22-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Josh...

You know they will tone down the "D" chatter next week.

To be honest, Jenn should not have gone last night. of the "3D", I thought Fantasia should have gone. But the 2 who should be gone for sure are Diana and John. Too young, and they are NOT improving as each week goes on. But Jenn deserved a better fate than being tossed last night.

this is America, we pull for the underdog
I think its true, that America does root for the underdog. Aterall, Simon didnt want Clay and it took America to keep him in the competition...

George had laryngitis this week, you never even heard them mention that
Paula ALWAYS mentions when someone has a cold or something if she likes them. But this seemed to have gotten forgotten in George's case...

I have to admit, i loved the look on George's face when he was told to join the top group. Poor guy looked totally confused -- I honestly believe he didn't know which one that was...
But the "3D" was POSTIVE it was theirs!! Thats what I enjoyed the most. The 3 of them were confident they were better than John/Jas/Diana -- so much so, that they encouraged and waved George over to their group! Then to find out George was in the WRONG group?!? The look on their faces, as Mastercard would say, was priceless... Of course, the look on John/Jas/Diana's face was also one of complete shock. Im sure even they believed they were in the bottom 3.

Of course, now that everyone has gotten a reality check, perhaps we may see some more emotion on stage. Sometimes a slap in the face can really bring people back to reality. We'll see how everyone handles this next week...

Randy and Paula are wrong -- this IS a popularity contest AND a talent contest. Stop telling us who to vote for. Let the talent perform as best it can... Let the judges give constructive criticisms and honest opinions... And in the end, let America decide what it likes...

Of course, if that doesnt get the desired output, then just rig the phone lines

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Again, I'm lovin' your posts. You da man! Unless you are female, and then, you STILL da man!

I think it was a little humiliating for just about everyone when they asked George to take his place in the "safe" group. I'm sure it was just done for dramatic effect, but it's pretty telling who thinks what about whom.

And I also think it was a little unnecessary for the judges to so plainly state who they thought should not be safe. I'm starting to agree with others who have stated that this vote was a backlash to the judges' opinions.

Although, who listens to Paula? She thought George was good this week, for criminy's sake!

04-22-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Mistral...

Thanks for the "props" (had to throw in a Randy-ism)..

But if was a female, then Mrs. Archon would be sorely disappointed by now...
Archon

Still testosterone-laden after all these years...

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Spoken so well..
I agree that Jennfier should not have gone, it should ahve been Fantasia but that is what happened.
I agree the looks they gave when they all thought they were safe. Then when they were told they were not, the look on Latoyas face was nasty.
Had Ryan Seacrest shouted at the end of the show one more time to vote for the people with talent, what did that mean??? that was an insult, these judges put everyone up there. He should apologize for that remark.
I am sure they are arranging something now so that Fantasia or Latoya win even if the votes do not come in. Lets face it, do you honestly think Simon would sing any of the toer 4, isn't it his record company I heard..

Melody 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-23-04, 03:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Melody Click to send private message to Melody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Although I will miss hearing Jennifer's vocals, I have to say I didn't think she could go all the way. She simply did not have the sense of humor or maturity of either Latoya or Fantasia. When the divas enthusiastically encouraged George to join them they were being set up for a fall. When the three divas found out, they responded with vastly different demeanors. Fantasia immediately started clapping her hands and recognized the joke was on her. Latoya had an embarrassed "you got me, you got me good --- pride goeth before a fall" look on her face (I don't think it was nasty), and Jennifer had a look of utter disbelief. When Ryan told group b they were safe and could go sit down both Fantasia and Latoya clapped generously for the group, but Jennifer continued to stand there in disbelief like "how could this happen to me?" Jennifer has been inconsistant in her vocals and her demeanor is not ready for prime time. Watch the results show one more time and I think you will see that Latoya and Fantasia are gracious to the other group and have a good sense of humor.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-04, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
"We want talent... We want emotion... We want a connection to the performer"

<--- Talent? Emotion? Connection?

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Exactly.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Velvetta*

04-22-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
4. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Wait... I didnt say that Talent, Emotion, Connection completely applied to Johny Red...

People do like him, and he does have talent. But no, he does not yet have confidence in himself and needs a few years to develop his voice...

But you have to admit -- when you hear his voice, you know exactly who is singing....you may not like it, but it is unique.

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
You know, most of my favorite artists are people who aren't considered great vocalists. It never stops me from listening to them over and over. But they aren't considered "pop" necessarily either.

But I'm not sure if John has the "it" factor which seems essential in this sort of competition. Of everyone left, I only think Fantasia does (and I'm a big Latoya fan).

P.S. Love your signature line...brings back some fond memories!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
But you have to admit -- when you hear his voice, you know exactly who is singing....you may not like it, but it is unique.

Just what I needed another reason to love Archon. This is exactly why I wasam a supporter of Clay, his voice was different and distinctive.

Just say no to trolls.

04-22-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Hey Breezy...

I'm going all red -- you slay me...

Clay and George epitomize what "different and distinctive" is. Simon didnt want Clay -- at all ("You dont look like the American Idol, but you sound like the American Idol"). Didnt give him alot of praise early in AI2 either, until it looked like he would win the whole thing.

And George -- he was cut from the top 32!! If some idiot didn't drive like an Max Max on crank, then George would not even be in this position. And the public seems to LOVE him.

I would say that perhaps Simon is not as good a talent judge as he things. But then, HE is the one laughing all the way to the bank -- all because WE keep talking about this program!

I wish I could be that poor a judge a talent...

Archon
A loyal Islander fan for 27 years...

04-22-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Clay and George epitomize what "different and distinctive" is.
Ok I will start rooting for George now. I do like him, but I probably wouldn't buy any of his cd's.

But here's the extremely important question...how do you feel about the NFL and who's your team there?

04-22-04, 10:46 PM (EST)
27. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
If you grew up on Long Island, you tend to follow the Islander, the Jets and the Mets... I guess I'm a typical Long Islander...

I'm rooting for George myself...But, I think I would actually buy his CD. Depends on the genre (wouldn't be into rap or hip-hop)...

Archon
An Island boy roaming the corn fields...

04-23-04, 08:02 AM (EST)
30. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
I guess I can handle the Jets thing, just as long as you realize the Packers are the best team.

I'm rooting for George now too, still not sure I'd buy the CD. I'm afraid they'd have him release a too mellow CD for me.

Just say no to trolls.

04-22-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
I bet if I grab Frisky by the tail and proceeded to swing her over my head, she would make some "unique sounds" too. I may not like them (and neither will Firsky) but it will be a unique sound, nevertheless.

My point? Unique is not always good. Clay and Ruben had distinct melodious voices. Kim L. as well when she hit low, sultry notes. Fantasia is unique and for that matter aspects of Jennifer's voice is unique. George's voice is unique and it makes me cringe as of late. JPL had a unique voice and as much as I liked his antics, his voice made me cringe at certain times.

Archon, I strongly agree with your notion of the 3 D's being a marketed package that is being stuffed down our throats. However, that does NOT mean it should disqualify them as being the strongest singers up there.

Pats Frisky on the head and pours her some meow mix blended with special tuna.

04-22-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
'Monsta...

Your are absolutely correct -- Unique is not always good, the "3D" should not be disqualified because of their packaging! They do have some of the strongest voices of the competition. No doubt...

But for me -- I am tired of the "D" thing. I've had it... I want something new, something fresh, something unique (but in in the hover-cat sort of way) and even a bit quirky. Its not just a Talent thing -- its just that I've heard "D" singing before and it just blends in with every other wanna-be-"D" that has a song out there.

Last night results give the impression the voting public may feel the same way...

Archon

Glad that Frisky is enjoying her lunch -- free of the fear of becoming a chopper rotor...

04-22-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
13. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"

<--- likes Archon

I think we are agreeing on an issue but in different ways.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
If anyone was going to swing me around like a rag doll, I'd want it to be you, GM. *headbutt*

*dives into kibble*

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-22-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Sure, be glad to.

Wait, whut? Oh, the OTHER GM.

<==flashed by J_Loaf
This is so confusing. I'm suffering from an identity crisis. And so am I.

04-22-04, 02:07 PM (EST)
18. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
GM= Grendo's Mom
gm= greenmonstah

or if you are AugustGirl: G'monstah

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
I'm lobbying to have Grendal's Mom's new nickname be Gremlin or Groovy Gremlin or Griblet or the Greminator. Gremalemadingdong is also a possibility. This should help alleviate any confusion.

Little Miss Monstah shall also replace greenmonstah as the name of choice.

pooh has spoken.

04-22-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
20. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
*looks around*
Did anybody see her? I have heard about her, but have never seen her...And she actaully spoke to me...well, ok she spoke at me, or spoke around me...but she spoke me name...

*darts off to the OT to announce this milestone*

<---little miss monstah

04-22-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
LMAO. I personally am fond of Gremalemadingdong, but Gremlin's ok with me.

<==flashed by J_Loaf
Pooh? can call me whatever she likes. She has spoken.

mahjonger 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-22-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mahjonger Click to send private message to mahjonger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Last night really rocked. Sorry to see the lovely and talented Jennifer go, but the shock to my system felt good. American Idol is suddenly interesting again.

There's a word that was being tossed around when Martha Stewart's troubles were unfolding that I can't think of right now, but which describes my feeling exactly. Anyway, it means the glee one experiences when the mighty have fallen. (Maybe EngProf can help me out if she sees this post.) I especially enjoy rewinding my tape to where the "Divas" were summmoning George over. Poor George. How can you resist when you're being waved over to the "popular table"?

I don't have a favorite in this competition, but I have felt sorry for the kids who don't always deserve the level of humiliation being heaped on them. Their talent is not all that inferior to the rest of the group. What they lack is the experience that the older ones have had. Having them around for a while adds some spice to the show for me. Just my humble opinion.

04-22-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
I believe the word you're looking for is "schadenfreude"--from the German word meaning "sorrow-joy," i.e. pleasure in someone else's sorrow.

</nerd>

<==flashed by J_Loaf
"Don't take any course where they make you read Beowulf"--Alvy Singer (Woody Allen), Annie Hall

04-22-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mahjonger Click to send private message to mahjonger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
Thank you, GM. Mr. MJ is always spouting off his college German on me but the word eluded him too. It was hardly on the tip of my tongue..thought it began with a "g".

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
I especially enjoy rewinding my tape to where the "Divas" were summmoning George over. Poor George. How can you resist when you're being waved over to the "popular table"?

Mahjonger, you may have described the reverse of the reason for the voting last night. Maybe voters are revolting against the self-proclaimed "popular crowd".

Schadenfreude
malicious joy; gloating

You are too funny GM! Is this really the word you were looking for Mahjonger? Or were you just being nice to Mr. Mom?

04-23-04, 00:09 AM (EST)
28. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
My point exactly, Chrissy Gal, regarding voters revolting. (I tried to cut and paste your quote but my computer was not cooperating tonight.)

Yes - schadenfreude - dat's de word, mon. I'm not really a malicious person but those "divas" really have to get over themselves. And I wasn't just being nice to GM for supplying my word. I just like nerds.

Also, come to think of it, Schadenfreude would have made a nice Username. I want to change. Can I , can I?...without losing my DAW level? - I'm so high up, you know.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: America Agrees with Archon!!"
I agree to.
I already posted my statement in
"RE: Did America Really Vote Like that last night?" Number 54

All the diva supporters are there looking for sympathy.

Jennifer is gone, Thank You America!

It is springtime in America, and American Idol is better now. Have a nice day!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •