The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hostage Situation in Tennessee"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hostage Situation in Tennessee"
Hope all of the Tennessee folks here on OT are not too close to this situation and are safe & sound...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/09/17/college.hostage/index.html

Students, teacher taken hostage

(CNN) -- An armed man took students and a teacher hostage Wednesday in a classroom at Dyersburg State Community College in Dyersburg, Tennessee, officials said.

Dyersburg Police spokeswoman Lisa McDowell said the man took between 12 and 16 people hostage, but later released three people.

"The hostage taker is refusing negotiations right now and has made no demands," she said.

The Dyersburg Police SWAT team and hostage negotiation team are on site and are addressing the man through a wall, she said.

College spokesman Buck Tarpley said the group is being held in a classroom on the upper floor of the campus administration building.

Tarpley said it was not clear how many students were in attendance Wednesday, but 18 people are on the class roster.

He said he had been told the hostage-taker has some kind of firearm.

Dyersburg is about 80 miles northeast of Memphis.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee Coconut 09-17-03 1
 RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee FarmBoy 09-17-03 2
 Safe and Sound bebekid 09-17-03 3
   RE: Safe and Sound FarmBoy 09-17-03 4
       RE: Safe and Sound bebekid 09-17-03 5
       RE: Safe and Sound Draco Malfoy 09-18-03 7
           He's a native anotherkim 09-18-03 11
 RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee Draco Malfoy 09-18-03 6
   RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee J Slice 09-18-03 8
       RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee Draco Malfoy 09-18-03 9
 RE: I'm glad... desert_rhino 09-18-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-03, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee"
This is terrible!

Of course, if he'd taken the administrators hostage....

Geographically Undesirable

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-17-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee"
I'm on the other side of the state.

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-17-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Safe and Sound"
Thanks for your concern!

Not sure where Sheila lives, but AKim and Farmboy are not in Dyersburg.

Have You Forgotten 9/11/01?

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-17-03, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Safe and Sound"

4 of us.....hmmmmmmm.......

Maybe we can overtake those Texans.

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-17-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Safe and Sound"
>4 of us.....hmmmmmmm.......

That I know of. I think Supes lives near if not in the NE corner of the state. Or maybe he is actually in NC. We can make him an honorary Tennessean.

Have You Forgotten 9/11/01?

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Safe and Sound"
No you can't.

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:321 Loss To Date:-18
I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "He's a native"
so we get to claim him.

Sheila isn't in Dburg, either, but it is in her part of the state. Very scary and odd. Thanks for checking on us, Pepe.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--hey Farmboy...I grew up in Jasper.

09-18-03, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee"
I remember some classes in college that seemed like hostage situations... *sigh* And people wonder why I drank like a fish and got stoned all the time.

I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee"
I wonder nothing... s'fun

Mmmm... pennies.

Thank you Ms. Slice, but I have to tell you that you are dangerous. - Technoir

09-18-03, 08:36 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Hostage Situation in Tennessee"
Just explaining how I went from nice little Babdist boy to the evil bastard you see today.

Hey brother, can you spare a penny?

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-03, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I'm glad..."
That all our schools have been declared "safe zones."

Otherwise we might have things like armed standoffs with hostage-taking psychos on their campuses.

What?

Oh.

"Never Mind."

-- JV

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •