The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Signs of Survival: San Juan del Su..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-10-15, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Episodes"

VIRGO
Reed

CANCER
Josh

ARIES
Jeremy, Jon
and
Natalie

LEO
Keith
and
Jaclyn

GEMINI
Alec, Wes
and
Missy

AQUARIUS
Baylor

Wrinkle in the Plan

The Split Partnership

CANCER and VIRGO

This partnership is a rich combination of the two Signs ruled by the Moon and Mercury respectively. Cancer and Virgo in combination produce great results on all levels of experience.

Expect great friendship and understanding from this recipe, but the Virgo will sometimes have trouble understanding the Cancer’s mood swings. Virgo will say, ‘Think things through and don’t be so emotional about it’, and the Cancer will reply, ‘But can’t you feel what I’m feeling?’

They are at opposite ends of the spectrum: Cancer – emotional - and Virgo - practical. But Cancer is a friendly Sign, so Virgo will, over time, learn to be more responsive. And Cancer can become more reasonable – like Virgo.

However, the Virgo tendency to criticize and resolve can become quite a problem: The Cancer is often too vulnerable for their ruthless and incessant demand for perfection.

And both are inclined to mood changes that, at times, can irritate each other. For example, as Cancer experiences periods of melancholy, tenderness, concern, worry, nostalgia and sentimentality, Virgo may find it difficult to understand or sympathize with the Water native. And Virgo can suddenly become irritated and irascible over minor annoyances and, during them, become capable of intense sarcasms and criticisms that can be extremely disconcerting to the Cancer’s tender, sensitive feelings.

So, Virgo must be prudent, and Cancer must strive to be forgiving when things go a little awry.

G (Earlier) | 'So, Virgo must be prudent, and Cancer must strive to be forgiving when things go a little awry.'

Every now and then there is a Season when I really wish that my heretic desire to see just one Game played on a point system that allowed us to enjoy all of the tribal and personal dynamics it generates for the full thirty-nine days - no boots/high score wins - would come true. And this is one of those 'right' Seasons. And Blood v Water is certainly the 'right' format.

And while I've already said that I'm not at all sure that San Juan del Sur is going to measure up to Cagayan, I do think that - if only because we're being treated to a cast of new faces - it will prove to be a much better Season than Blood v Water I.

As for this partnership:

The odds are more than convincing that neither Reed nor Josh is going to win the Game. In fact, as the Chart featuring the histories of the Signs' performances in Fire and Air-dominant Seasons (above) indicates, the odds are that Josh will make the Final Ten and that Reed will not. But my husband was a Cancer and my youngest daughter is a Virgo. And while watching the two dance ever-so-delicately around their myriad sensitivities wasn't always pretty, it was always mesmerizing. So I hope that we'll see some of Josh and Reed ... together.

JP | ”A gay Christian couple from New York (Rocker will love them!), both Josh and Reed are Survivor superfans. ‘They're very active in their church, but they live a lifestyle that some people in their church don't support’, Probst says. ‘I was really impressed and proud that they wanted to come on our show, endure this adventure, and be honest about who they are in the hopes that it'll help wake people up. ... They know what they're doing in the game and I think people are going to enjoy them and — at least out of the gate — root for them.’"

Speaking of Cancer

David M. | Attorney
Hope | Pre-Law Student
Monica | Attorney
Anthony | Witness Coordinator
Dan | Attorney
Jefra | Pageant Contestant
Morgan | Cheerleader
Leann | Singer
Danni | Model
Josh | Actor
Rita | Pageant Coach
Kelly W. | Whitewater Guide
James M. | Steel Worker
Jimmy J. | NFL Coach
Cindy | Zoo Keeper
Hunter | Pilot
Mark C. | Retired –NYPD
Dawn M. | Teacher
Jenna L. | Student
Whitney | Teacher
Kat | Student
Rodger | Teacher
Danny | Maintenance Worker
Nick S. | Waiter
Sandy | School Bus Driver
Gabriel | Bartender
Frank | Telephone Serviceman
Sophie | Med-School Student
Krista | Pharmaceutical Rep
Stephannie | Nursing Student
Cirie | Nurse
Tracy | Builder
JT | Cattleman
Joe | Realtor
Benry | Promoter
*Spencer | Economics Student
Katie | Hedge Fund Support
Alexis | Motivational Speaker
Jaime | Communications Student
Tammy | Crime Reporter/Writer

CANCER

Gettin’ to Crunch Time

The Booted Single

ARIES

The Elements at Final Nine

The Signs at Final Nine

The Stranded at Final Nine

The Remaining Partnerships at Final Nine

LEO and GEMINI

Both the Gemini and the Leo in this combination have a very childlike, playful, fun-loving side that is brought out when they are together. They both love drama and color and find one another to be companionable and interesting. Gemini is more intellectual than Leo, however, and needs a variety of people, activities, and interests in order to be happy. On the other hand, Leo wants to be the most important person in any and every social circle (small or large) and may not appreciate all of the Gemini's other interests and friendships.

Too, Leo makes commitments and keeps them better than Gemini does because Leo is less restless. Once having found something good, Leo sticks with it, and doesn't completely understand Gemini's desire for novelty. Also, Leo is very proud and has a sensitive ego, while Gemini can be a merciless teaser and doesn't always take Leo seriously. For the most part, however, these two could be great friends.

Because Gemini are essentially articulate, intellectual individuals, they will fan the flames of Leo’s fiery pride. These elements work well together. Many Air and Fire combinations have a lot going for them. The Gemini–Leo match is no exception.

However, Gemini love a variety of subjects and will flit from one to another. Leo is more inflexible and determined and may not adapt well to those mental gymnastics. Too, Leo likes to dominate a situation, and can come on a little strong. The two could find themselves one-upping each other in the attention-seeking stakes. If they can both respect each other’s need to be on life’s centre stage, they’ll complement each other well.

The warm and enthusiastic Fire of Leo is definitely inspiring and usually makes the Gemini feel that his talents are appreciated. Leo is a creative Sign, and Gemini will respect and learn from them. Again, both members of the duo express this best in a social context, as they both love the company of others.

However, Leos tend to be hard taskmasters, and fixed in their ideas. Gemini are far more pliable and adaptable and are much less likely than Leo to stick to a viewpoint just for the sake of it (though Gemini don’t mind doing this in the name of a decent debate now and then).

Gemini has a great capacity to take in and remember a host of facts and figures, and will often surprise everyone with the talent. Unfortunately, Leo will also think that many Gemini are Jacks of all trades and Masters of none. So part of his challenge will be to anchor Gemini’s flighty character and help him focus on learning a lot about one topic, rather than a little about many.

But, in matters of friendship and affection, this partnership has a high chance of succeeding. However, don’t expect the relationship to be easily maintained or without its fair share of challenges.

G (Earlier) |'Leo tend to be hard taskmasters and like to dominate ... situations ... the two could find themselves one-upping each other in the attention-seeking stakes. If they can both respect each other’s need to be on life’s centre stage, they’ll complement each other well.'

It is my impression that their relationship has not been an easy one for either of these two men. And, particularly for Wes, I don't think that Survivor is going to be helpful.

It is also my impression that the younger man is not authorized to commit his father to anything. To include alliances.

JP | “'Keith is one of my favorite new players,' Probst says of this father/son team of firefighters from Louisiana. 'He didn't know the game at all ... so watching him learn how to play Survivor is fantastic, because he has a way of speaking that you just don't often see on television.'”

AQUARIUS and GEMINI

Although the members of this duo are very definitely different people, they might find that their basic goals and outlook in life are compatible. For instance, they have an excellent intellectual rapport. They tend to spark each other's wit and enjoy tossing ideas back and forth.

Intellectual companionship is important to them and in the other they might find a loved one whose conversation and company they enjoy. They have the potential to be very good friends, and shared viewpoints, common interests, and social activities are key elements in their relationship. Any relationship will have its challenges, but these Air natives share a pleasing over-all rapport that can help smooth over other differences.

There are always very strong links between Sun Signs who have the same Element. And a combination of Aquarius and Gemini is a strong one that may play out in important periods of their lives and at the most coincidental of times. Similar in nature, they will often feel an immediate connection. And being a rebel at heart, the Aquarius is very often the one who attracts and holds the Gemini’s fascinated interest. A law unto themselves, Aquarius bring a lot of energy to any relationship. And, while that means great communication, it also feeds Gemini’s own restless spirit. So the strength of the relationship often rests on their understanding of each other as communicators – and they are certainly great talkers.

However, the way that they express ideas will be slightly different. Gemini’s very happy to jump from one topic to another like a butterfly. They often lack the depth and focus of Aquarius (who has a deeper concentration and tends to savor the facts rather than move constantly on to new themes). And the Gemini will learn that the Aquarius also insists on a focused way of dealing with people. But one of the reasons that the two go well together is that they both are attracted to people generally. Gemini will respect the Aquarius and the Aquarius will very probably inspire the Gemini.

They will learn a lot from each other.

JP | “'Missy's 20-year-old daughter Baylor has done a lot of self-parenting,' Probst says. 'There's a real clear connection between the two, but it doesn't necessarily appear that it's mother/daughter.' But they're definitely a duo to watch. 'I think the hardest in Blood vs. Water is for the parent that's playing with a child,' Probst says. 'And when you're a mom I think it's the hardest of all. I think being a mom with your daughter would be the most difficult position to be in because you birthed her. There is no tighter connection in the world. ... If the only way you can move forward is by getting rid of your child, can you do it? Or do you just fall down on the sword and say, I just can't do it?'"

ARIES and LEO

Both are independent, self-motivated individuals who are very much concerned with their own creative work and interests and prefer not to feel as though they "own" each other. Aries, however, often acts in a manner that is socially inappropriate while Leo is more aware of appearances and is more concerned with the response of others. He is somewhat indifferent to other people's opinions, while she craves approval and affirmation from her peers and public.

They are also both immensely proud and neither wants to take the back seat in this relationship. And although there is a great deal of harmony between them, being two spirited and somewhat volatile people, when they do clash their disagreements are likely to be dramatic and … loud. So, others can, unfortunately, get caught in the middle of their ferocious battles of will. Too, because in the extreme the combination of two Fire Signs can be very explosive, such a relationship will more than likely burn at least one … out.

The elemental combination of Aries Fire with Leo Fire is, however, an excellent one. There seems to be an immediate attraction and an immediate understanding of each other’s personality. This combination works on every level: physically, mentally and emotionally. Even the duo’s spiritual sides will be inspired by each other.

Both driven individuals with strong creative impulses, they are well placed to understand and support each other’s ambitions. And when they do help each other, they will both succeed in achieving their own individual long-term goals. The two of can work as a great team.

But the Aries must understand that Leo is a proud and dominating sign, similar to his own. So, the partnership must be built on respect for each other, because the question of who will rule the roost is likely to eventually surface. When this competitiveness gets going, one of the two will have to give in. But as long as both individuals maintain that respect for the other and approach these showdowns in a sporting, fun way, the tug-of-war can be stimulating.

Romantically, the common Element of Fire promises a rich and rewarding relationship. This is an extremely compatible Sun Sign combination.

G (Earlier) | ' They are also both immensely proud and neither wants to take the back seat in this relationship. And although there is a great deal of harmony between them, being two spirited and somewhat volatile people, when they do clash their disagreements are likely to be dramatic and … loud. So, others can, unfortunately, get caught in the middle of their ferocious battles of will. Too, because in the extreme the combination of two Fire Signs can be very explosive, such a relationship will more than likely burn at least one … out.'

It seems that our host has already told his audience that we are going to witness a clash - or several - between Jon and Jaclyn. And, considered with the 'after' photos of a very thin Jon, his comments support the prevailing theory that at least one of this duo lasts far into the Season.

Because I enjoy watching both Aries and Leo play the Game, I don't mind a bit if we're 'caught in the middle' of a real donnybrook.

JP | “The season's eye candy couple, Jon is a Michigan State football player and Jaclyn was named Miss Michigan in 2013. But their time on Survivor won't exactly be a fairytale, Probst cautions. ‘They're young and loving,’ Probst describes. ‘But what's interesting is watching their relationship play out. They're a couple and they love each other, but this game is hard. And, give people enough time together on Survivor, they will argue, no matter how much you love each other. There's an honesty to watching their relationship that I don't recall us ever doing before.’”

The Tribe and The Jury at Final Nine

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Signs of Survival: San Juan del Su...   Georganna     12-17-14       
   The Episodes   Georganna     12-17-14     1  
     RE: The Episodes   Georganna     12-31-14     11  
         RE: The Episodes   Georganna     01-14-15     16  
             RE: The Episodes   Georganna     01-28-15     21  
                 RE: The Episodes   Georganna     02-10-15     26  
   The Episodes   Georganna     12-17-14     2  
     RE: The Episodes   Georganna     12-31-14     12  
         RE: The Episodes   Georganna     01-14-15     17  
             RE: The Episodes   Georganna     01-28-15     22  
                 RE: The Episodes   Georganna     02-10-15     27  
   The Episodes   Georganna     12-17-14     3  
     RE: The Episodes   Georganna     12-31-14     13  
         RE: The Episodes   Georganna     01-14-15     18  
             RE: The Episodes   Georganna     01-28-15     23  
                 RE: The Episodes   Georganna     02-10-15     28  
   The Episodes   Georganna     12-17-14     4  
     RE: The Episodes   Georganna     12-31-14     14  
         RE: The Episodes   Georganna     01-14-15     19  
             RE: The Episodes   Georganna     01-28-15     24  
                 RE: The Episodes   Georganna     02-10-15     29  
   The Finale   Georganna     12-17-14     5  
     RE: The Finale   Georganna     12-31-14     15  
         RE: The Finale   Georganna     01-14-15     20  
             RE: The Finale   Georganna     01-28-15     25  
                 RE: The Finale   Georganna     02-10-15     30  
   The Earth Sign Profiles   Georganna     12-17-14     6  
   The Water Sign Profiles   Georganna     12-17-14     7  
   The Fire Sign Profiles   Georganna     12-17-14     8  
   The Air Sign Profiles   Georganna     12-17-14     9  
   Temper! Temper! Temper! Temper!   Georganna     12-17-14     10  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •