The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kuchakor 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-01, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kuchakor Click to send private message to kuchakor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY!"
Just a moment ago on The Early Show with Bryant Gumble, they showed a clip of the ten Survivors and Big Testicale Man (Jeff Probst) standing beside the water. Jeff said "GO!", and they all ran in, and climbed up on these posts that were sticking out of the water that looked like Totem Poles. Elizabeth was right in front of Keith, which means the two weren't standing on the beach in the picture we saw, they were standing on the poles.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY! kuchakor 03-08-01 1
 RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY! Bungler 03-08-01 2
   RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY! Bungler 03-08-01 3
 Aja's E7 IC vidclips AyatollahKhomeini 03-08-01 4
   Oldies but Goodies AyatollahKhomeini 03-08-01 5
       RE: Oldies but Goodies SurvivorCat 03-08-01 6
           Sorry for the repetition AyatollahKhomeini 03-08-01 7
           RE: Oldies but Goodies aymelek 03-08-01 8
               RE: Oldies but Goodies Lisapooh 03-08-01 9
               RE: Oldies but Goodies ItzLisa 03-08-01 10
   RE: Aja's E7 IC vidclips wordman68 03-08-01 14
       RE: Aja's E7 IC vidclips Figment 03-08-01 16
   Aw, c'mon Rat Chef 03-08-01 26
       RE: Aw, c'mon AyatollahKhomeini 03-08-01 29
 Who wants/needs to win? Play2Survive 03-08-01 11
   RE: Who wants/needs to win? Lisapooh 03-08-01 12
   RE: Who wants/needs to win? Dalton 03-08-01 31
       RE: Who wants/needs to win? wordman68 03-09-01 32
 Nick, Amber, Rodger out? jtmorgan61 03-08-01 13
   RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out? Figment 03-08-01 15
       RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out? Lisapooh 03-08-01 17
           RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out? jtmorgan61 03-08-01 25
       RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out? BlondeGirl 03-08-01 18
           RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out? 40thandUp 03-08-01 19
 Did they say for sure this was for ... ulalame 03-08-01 20
   No RC AyatollahKhomeini 03-08-01 21
   RE: Did they say for sure this was ... BlondeGirl 03-08-01 22
       Center AyatollahKhomeini 03-08-01 23
 RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY! sinistral 03-08-01 24
   RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY! aymelek 03-08-01 27
       RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY! You all blow 03-08-01 28
           RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY! You all blow 03-08-01 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kuchakor 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-01, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kuchakor Click to send private message to kuchakor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY!"
Sorry...I forgot to say that Jeff told them that whoever stands on their pole the longest wins the Immunity Necklace, which he had around his neck. The posts were only about one or two feet in diameter, so the castaways will proboably have a hard time standing on them since it looks very cold during the challenge, hence Elizabeth's "I'm Freezing" look. Also, Jerri said a few things like "Look At The Sun, It's Just Rising" or something of that sort, and it was easy to tell that a few people were pissed at her (What Else Is New?). Anyways, all ten were present, but the main shots of the show included Nick and Jerri (Possible Tribe Leaders?) Well...tune in, Survivor looks like it could be pretty entertaining with standing on posts for immunity, this is a Physical Challenge that Rodger can even win! Lol, anyways, I think Rodger has the most patience and he and Keith would be the two favorites to win it. Jerri, Amber, and Tina don't look to be in the final runnings, because they are too jumpy. Anyway, the reason Liz looks wet in the preview is because the castaways had to swim out into the water to get to their "Totem Poles".....GO FORMER KUCHA MEMBERS!

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-08-01, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY!"
Aja capped this segment from the Early Show.

Here's the first cap, just change the numbering of the URL up to 26 to see all of 'em.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-08-01, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY!"
Shoot, it automatically posts the pics. Here's the URL minus the http part. Hope it works so you can copy paste it.

themitchdance.tripod.com/thur1.jpg

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-08-01, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Aja's E7 IC vidclips"
courtesy Aja (thanks as always):
or, as Aja would say:
"No Comment"

03-08-01, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Oldies but Goodies"
In S1, the women were better at the balancing challenge than the men were. As we know, Jerri practices yoga, so this challenge should be perfect for her, but I wouldn't rule out any of the women or Jeff (who supposedly has a black belt) from winning. It seems unlikely to me that Colby, Nick, Rodger, or Keith would win.

SurvivorCat 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-01, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorCat Click to send private message to SurvivorCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Oldies but Goodies"
I posted this same note yesterday...... I believe Jerri has a great chance to win. (not that it makes me happy )

03-08-01, 10:57 AM (EST)
7. "Sorry for the repetition"
I didn't see your post, or I would have given you credit for the idea.

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Oldies but Goodies"
I wonder if MB knew Jerri was into yoga...?? This challenge is a way to keep her around & keep the ratings high. Damn.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-01, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Oldies but Goodies"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-01 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

great minds!

I just went into this whole detailed analysis on the "tribe it's time to vote thread". I was so proud of myself for putting together my own little theory all by my lonesome - and y'all came up with the same basic idea.

Maybe we are the shiniest pennies in the jar!

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-01, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oldies but Goodies"
>I wonder if MB knew Jerri was into yoga...?? This challenge is a way to keep her around & keep the ratings high. Damn.

***Don't let that worry ya, hon. I've been doing yoga for 14 years, but if I had to balance on top of a pole for a long period of time, after I'd been starving on nothing but rice for several weeks, I couldn't do it. Don't count on her to be able to either.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

wordman68 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-01, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wordman68 Click to send private message to wordman68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Aja's E7 IC vidclips"
i think these pics provide a few clues but i cant see them clearly enough. Can anyone tell if Elisabeth and Keith are standing next to each other in the group shots? If not, then the previous Keith/Lis shot means they dont win. Can anyone tell which order the rest of the players are in?

Figment 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-01, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Figment Click to send private message to Figment Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Aja's E7 IC vidclips"
I am fairly certain that the order (left to right) is:
Amber - Rodger - Nick - Alecia - Jeff - Tina - Colby - Jerry - Keith - Elizabeth

The only one that might be wrong in Colby/Jeff - but I think this is right.

Rat Chef 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-01, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rat%20Chef Click to send private message to Rat%20Chef Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Aw, c'mon"
If you don't have one of Jerri with the pole pounded up her bony ass after she slipped off it and a look of dazed shock and utter agony pasted on her ugly mug, these pics are not worth looking at ... crap.

03-08-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Aw, c'mon"
We'll try to do better next time, RC.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-01, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Who wants/needs to win?"
I'm just thinking that Jerri has a REALLY good shot at this, because she has to know she desperately needs immunity. This type of challenge is going to favor those that are desperate. In fact, I would argue that at would be a bad strategy for someone like, lets say Liz - who doesn't have to worry too much about being targeted - to win because she puts herself ON the radar and has announced that she is a threat.

For that reason, I think Liz, Amber and Tina don't win. Colby, Nick and Rodger are not likely because of size. Not sure about Alicia, but she fits the first category. Keith, Jerri and Jeff - if they know about their prior votes - may feel the desperation and be the final three. I would love it to come down to Jeff and Jerri, the two many people are expecting to get all the votes tonight. Very interesting.

03-08-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who wants/needs to win?"
Excellent point p2s!! I hadn't even considered that.

I love slow work days - I've been reading posts all morning.

I was thinking that Alicia might do well, not because she needs to. But some people (me included) are so freakin' competitive that they HAVE to do their best, even if it's not in their best interests to do so.

Trust me, I know this feeling. I think Alicia would stand there forever. She just has that "must prove myself, must do well" vibe going.

I will still take Jerri to win this one though. Nick seems to be a walking coma and could do well here. I'm hoping that we will finally get to see what Nick is made of in the near future.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-08-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Who wants/needs to win?"
<<<"I would love it to come down to
Jeff and Jerri,....">>>

Oh, please YES!!! I don't know if MB will
have a mike capable of picking up their
every word...but EGADS the amount of back-bitting,
trash-talking these two are best known for would
be fun to watch.

Jeff the Insider Gossip behind Tree Number 3 vs.
Lets Make a Deal with the Devil Jerri. Thats
entertainment!!!!

I agree with your theory that "desperation" may be
a more important factor than strength or patience
in winning the IC.

Dalton

wordman68 10 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-01, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wordman68 Click to send private message to wordman68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Who wants/needs to win?"
well it turns out that the person that needed to win the most did win, it was Keith, who had already been targeted by Jeff and Kucha. Ogakor already knew about Jeffs vote because Kimmi told them, so he was a goner....but i think Kucha made a huge mistake by not going after Jerri. If they picked up on the tension between Keith and Jerri, why didnt they figure she probably had been voted for previously? There was nothing to indicate Colby had been voted for, he didnt seem worried about jumping off that post too soon. But if they HAD voted for Jerri, there would have been a tie in previous TC votes, they each had 2. What would happen then?

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-01, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Nick, Amber, Rodger out?"
Looks like they're down to watching in the next to last cap, and they're in different relative positions than in the "coming to competition" cap. This is helpful since Nick might be expected to have a good shot at winning.

Figment 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-01, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Figment Click to send private message to Figment Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out?"
I don't think Nick, Amber & Rodger are out. You can see in the group shot that they are standing in this order during the challange. It seems odd that they would stand in the same order once they are out of the challenge.

I think the angle that this picture was taken at makes it appear that they are standing closer together than they actually are.

I hope I don't get flamed on my very first post! I really have been reading the board for a long time.

03-08-01, 12:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out?"
I agree w/you figment - this post will be completely flame free!

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-01, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out?"
You guys are right. I feel so silly...

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-01, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out?"
I agree. I actually saw the preview on the Early Show and this looks like Rodger saying he couldn't look down at the water or he was a goner...right after Jerri asked if anyone wanted to look at the clouds and see if the sun was going to show up. So maybe the picture we've seen of Elisabeth shivering and Keith in the background is also of them still standing on their posts.

Which means if she's shivering maybe it rains, or else they are there a very long time, and maybe Keith has a shot at winning immunity....

40thandUp 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 40thandUp Click to send private message to 40thandUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Nick, Amber, Rodger out?"
A quick examination of the photos , as I am sure many have already done puts them in the order as follows:

.......Roger......Alicia...........Colby.......Keith
Amber.....Nick......Jeff...Tina.....Jerri.....Liz

They are actually in an arc, but for sake of the line space.

Thus the pick of Keith/Liz holds as she has put on the bandana to keep warm as time went on.

I gotta still beleive that Jeff is gone regardless....

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-08-01, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Did they say for sure this was for immunity and not reward?"
Just wanted to double check that this was for sure the immunity challenge and not the reward challenge.

Also, for what it's worth, not sure Alicia would be too good at this one, because if I recall correctly, in the water-bearer challenge, when they had to balance on the log and bring pails of water to the water-bearer, Alicia fell off the log almost every time--it looked like she had bad balance. Actually, Jerri fell off the log a lot too. Tina, on the other hand, had good balance.

03-08-01, 01:05 PM (EST)
21. "No RC"
In S1, there was no RC in the merger episode: day 1 was evaluating, day 2 was moving and meeting, day 3 was IC and TC. Looks like MB has followed the same basic structure in S2.

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-01, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Did they say for sure this was for immunity and not reward?"
>Just wanted to double check that
>this was for sure the immunity
>challenge and not the
>reward challenge.

Yes, it's the immunity challenge, Jeff held up the necklace and everything.

03-08-01, 01:17 PM (EST)
23. "Center"
In fact, they are all in a semicircle with the immunity necklace in the center (see pics).

sinistral 4 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-01, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sinistral Click to send private message to sinistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY!"
Why are we ignoring Colby for the IC? He certainly proved endurance in the water torture test as well as balance. Remember, he was standing on a small surface. He seems to have a strong will to win. His goal may have been to get with his team to the merge and then use his strength/fitness to go to the end by IC victories.

"What do you call a boomerang that won't come back... a stick"

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-01, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY!"
I think someone should look at the previews more closely. I read in another thread that Alicia is seen for a split second jumping up & down on her post as if in victory at the end of the piece. I didn't see the preview & don't have it on tape, but shouldn't someone look to confirm this?? If Alicai does win, it could mean Jeff is seen as the next target.

You all blow 14 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-01, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail You%20all%20blow Click to send private message to You%20all%20blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY!"
i am with you aymelek, I saw the same post on the ez board and the clip was supposedly shown on a FOX network (kinda odd huh?). The claim was that she was doing some kind of victory type dance. I would love to see a vidcap from that...

You all blow 14 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-01, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail You%20all%20blow Click to send private message to You%20all%20blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: BIG NEWS! TONIGHT'S IMMUNITY!"
this dicussion about seeing the IC on a FOX affiliate has supposedly been confirmed as a poster on another board called the TV station and they said they often play survivor excerpts and that they did in fact show one this AM.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •