The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Upset with ABC"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-20-04, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Upset with ABC"
I am really upset with ABC and /or the producers of this show right now. There has always been a reason why the first girl out of the limo is the dumpee. How awkward must it have been for Jessica to have to go back in the house and wait for him to dump Tara?? They had to go and change it up for the purpose of leaving us hanging about 30 more seconds. The old formula worked well. The bachelor or bachelorette would get the tough part out of the way and then the one he or she had chosen would show up and the last five minutes of the show would be all happy and sweet.

Then for them to edit so much of Tara being so nervous and even throwing up when she's the one getting dumped, I just didn't think that was very nice at all. If it had been Kirsten from Bachelor 3, OK fine. We all hated her and would loved to see her go through all that only to get dumped. But I don't think there were many of us who held much ill-will towards Tara. OK, I've had my little rant. Gonna go do some work now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Upset with ABC buscemi 05-20-04 1
 Did they plan that?? KScott 05-20-04 2
   RE: Did they plan that?? triednottowatch 05-20-04 3
       RE: Did they plan that?? RealityAddict 05-20-04 4
           RE: Did they plan that?? triednottowatch 05-20-04 5
           RE: Barfing sounds Corie161 05-20-04 7
               RE: Barfing sounds zotie6 05-20-04 8
           RE: Did they plan that?? RollDdice 05-20-04 10
 why care? Tiggertramp 05-20-04 6
   RE: why care? Poncho 05-20-04 9
       RE: why care? asianflow 05-20-04 11
           RE: why care? Poncho 05-20-04 13
               RE: why care? RealityAddict 05-20-04 14
                   RE: why care? RollDdice 05-21-04 19
                       RE: why care? Poncho 05-21-04 20
           RE: why care? escapedude 05-20-04 15
   RE: why care? quickbrightthings 05-20-04 12
 RE: Upset with ABC reedcom 05-20-04 16
   RE: Upset with ABC Poncho 05-21-04 17
       RE: Upset with ABC escapedude 05-21-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-20-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Upset with ABC"
Tara was supposed to be up first. She only came second b/c they freaked out. What could they have done...delayed Jessica B.? If they did that, she would have known that she was arriving second, and thus the winner (unless they lied to her). They showed Tara freaking out b/c this explained why Jessica B. arrived 1st.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-20-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Did they plan that??"
Or did Tara getting sick slow things up? Maybe she was supposed to the first to arrive but then kept getting sick, slowing things down. Jessica shows up first, what are they gonna do send her away? I don't know if something like that happened or if they just wanted to change things for a while. I didn't like the way things happened, I was going Woo-Hoo Tara won when I saw Jessica get out of the limo. Oh well, that is reality tv for ya!

- of course it's a Slicey!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-20-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did they plan that??"
The thing is, they can edit it any way they want. So if they do want to change it up in the future, the producers can let the dumpee arrive first like normal, but then edit the show so we see them getting out in a different order. I like the surprise of not knowing until he makes his speech to the woman.

BTW, I thought the "puking" sound effects that were obviously edited into the audio were unnecessary. I think we all know what it sounds like when someone pukes.

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did they plan that??"
I agree that the barfing sounds seemed to be dubbed in...and they kept showing the same footage over and over of Tara laying over in the limo...do they think we are blind??? I could tell they kept replaying scenes to make it look worse than it really was. This season for me has been a real let down due to ABC's over-editing. The whole Trish fiasco (I can't even talk about how STUPID it is that she will be at the ATFR show next week...why???) and then the barfing scenes with Tara...IMHO the show has reached an all time low.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did they plan that??"
For real. Hey ABC: ENOUGH ABOUT TRISH! Surely they aren't considering making her the Bachelorette are they? It seems there is some ulterior motive going on here with all the face time this skank is getting.

Corie161 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-20-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corie161 Click to send private message to Corie161 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Barfing sounds"
I noticed that when they were making the barfing sounds she wasn't hardly bent over, and had she really barfed at that moment it would have been all over her dress. That was just my observation anyhow.

I feel for her, I have been nervous to the point of puking, and man is it embarrassing.

Corie

zotie6 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zotie6 Click to send private message to zotie6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Barfing sounds"
I agree!! Those were such FAKE barfing sounds and yes it would have been all over her pretty white dress! It amazed me too how good Tara looked after all the crying and puking took place!

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did they plan that??"
The problem is that in the search for ratings these shows resort to a major "taffy pull" - - stretching a thirty minute show out to two hours.

But I think it was really over the top when they showed Tara upchucking 7 or 8 times. Was that really necessary?

And multiple shots of the garden, so ABC got their money's worth out of the floral designer.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-20-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "why care?"
What is the big deal?? Jessica still gets the guy, do you think she really care what order she gets the guy in? In the end Jesse is still hers. So what? I think she felt for her man to have to go through a tough break up with a girl he cares for, and she does too for that matter. They are friends. Or were in the house.

I think ABC did what they had to do based on Tara. Either way it made for great TV.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-20-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: why care?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-04 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-20-04 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

Personally I wish ABC would realize that we want to see REALITY TV not some script played out by people who can't even act. (I will watch Young and the Restless if that is what I wanted to see) I would like to see the real feelings of these people and not ABC's "edited" version for high ratings.

Poncho

asianflow 13 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail asianflow Click to send private message to asianflow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: why care?"
ABC has the perfect formula. ABC heavily edits the show to make for the best tv.

I thought this was the best season and the Trish storyline worked. It created buzz and water cooler talk which was their goal. Heck we all watched the show.

For people that are unhappy with the show I would suggest not watching it if it bugs you so much. You control the remote.

05-20-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: why care?"
>For people that are unhappy with
>the show I would suggest
>not watching it if it
>bugs you so much. You
>control the remote.

Well the point for these boards are to discuss our opinions about the show. And yes I think I will change that remote to a different station next time because ABC STINKS

Poncho

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: why care?"
AMEN Poncho! I come to these boards to discuss topics...one of which is my current disappointment in this season of the Bachelor...everyone has an opinion and this is the place to voice it!

And DUH, I KNOW I am in control of my remote...that's why I should use it to whack myself on the head if I turn it to another episode of the Bachelor (this goes into effect immediately after I watch the ATFR episode)

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: why care?"
Poncho doesn't understand that we reserve the right to watch and complain.

That, my friends, is the joy of RTW.

05-21-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
20. "RE: why care?"
>Poncho doesn't understand that we reserve
>the right to watch and
>complain.
>
>That, my friends, is the joy
>of RTW.
>

I think you mean asianflow instead of Poncho, I am with you on that one

Poncho

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: why care?"
The final episode was very heavily edited...The limo scene and hotel scene made poor Tara look like a basket case..The reshowed the same footage over and over..I really dont think it was as bad as ABC made it look..
Tara did look "cleaned up" when he broke the news to her..

quickbrightthings 18 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail quickbrightthings Click to send private message to quickbrightthings Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: why care?"
Not really a big deal in terms of the show... maybe a tad awkward for Jessica. (Plus, my money's on the camera crew ushering her upstairs and telling her where she had to stand by the window and watch.) My only problem was that once I saw Jessica pull up in the limo first, I just assumed she was being sent home and went to go brush my teeth, therefore missing most of Jesse's speech to her.

However, given my level of excitement for this season, my initial reaction at missing this was, "eh, whatever".
Lawyer!Barbie, Contractor!Barbie, it's all the same to me... But, in the end, I do wish them well. Maybe they'll manage to defy the odds somehow.

reedcom 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reedcom Click to send private message to reedcom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Upset with ABC"
This episode was sooooooo predictably predictable. The producers made several OBVIOUS edits to imply Tara would be picked to dupe us viewers. In all stories of romance (except this show) you know who is going to end up together so you can root for them. This show however tries to fool you every time. They apparently think this will garner ratings but to me it's just edited to the point of non-reality TV.

The other thing which is really annoying are the incredibly repetitive generic clips they keep playing. How rich would I be if I had a nickel for every time I heard the word "amazing" or "I can't decide" or "how do you feel about me"? You know there HAS to have been SOME conversation about movies, the weather, board games, anything else more specific than these cliches! Why do they never show that? {Grumble}

05-21-04, 08:38 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Upset with ABC"
I am right there with you reedcom! I feel the same way, I want to see some REAL life stuff. Another over used word is "connection".... BLAHHHH

Poncho

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Upset with ABC"
You forgot about the all time fave "Im so confused"! The reason they dont really get into heavy discussion about "real" issues I guess is because they feel the viewers will find it boring..

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •