The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"how do YOU vote?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jumboto 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-21-04, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jumboto Click to send private message to Jumboto Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"how do YOU vote?"
I'm not sure if this breaks any rules but I'm gonna post anyway.

1. Do you actually vote?
2.On ave. how many times a night?

Ex.
1. Yes
2. 5

How do you decide to vote? Do you actually change week to week by how well they performed, style, how hot they are? Or is it you like someones personality from the beginning and keep voting for them even when they do bad?

Me personally, I tried the first two weeks and only got busy signals and haven't tried since. I would have cast a vote for a local girl because I would like to see a local girl win(my preference, not trying to start a thread about this).

Please don't respond if you don't want to.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The best of the week....plus Diana Ricky 04-21-04 1
 RE: how do YOU vote? greenmonstah 04-21-04 2
   RE: how do YOU vote? Ricky 04-21-04 4
 Another question? FSUGUY 04-21-04 3
   RE: Another question? kerawal 04-21-04 13
 RE: how do YOU vote? Bebo 04-21-04 5
 Must confess... zombiebaby 04-21-04 6
   RE: Must confess...I AGREE!! emydi 04-21-04 7
       RE: Must confess...I AGREE!! zombiebaby 04-21-04 9
           RE: Must confess...I AGREE!! Pepito 04-21-04 11
 RE: how do YOU vote? Pepito 04-21-04 8
 RE: how do YOU vote? PagongRatEater 04-21-04 10
 RE: how do YOU vote? kerawal 04-21-04 12
 RE: how do YOU vote? munson 04-21-04 14
 Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jumboto 04-25-04 15
 RE: how do YOU vote? callalilly3000 04-25-04 16
 RE: how do YOU vote? popcorn_with_sam 04-25-04 17
 RE: how do YOU vote? joannie 04-25-04 18
 RE: how do YOU vote? bris 04-25-04 19
 RE: how do YOU vote? 1simplyme 04-26-04 20
 RE: how do YOU vote? Handola 04-26-04 21
 RE: how do YOU vote? broodgal 04-26-04 22
 RE: how do YOU vote? strid333 04-26-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-21-04, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The best of the week....plus Diana"
Good topic Jumbo - welcome to the boards.

1. Yes I do vote.
2. aprox. 3-5 calls/votes per night

I pick the one or two best performances of the night and I vote for those contestants. Then if Diana wasn't one of the top two, I put in a few votes for her as well (even if she was sick that week) just because I'd like to see her move on.

If Diana was the best that week then she get's all my 3-5 calls.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-04, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-04 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

As lame as this may seem to a lot of you, I may have voted a couple of times, when I felt a big "moral" urge to do so, but I don't vote on a consistent basis. In fact, when the show is over for the season, I could really care half less who wins becuase I do not buy CDs and I never listen to pop music.

For me, American Idol is part of the television industry not the music industry. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy their singing and I enjoy the show very much. But that is as far as it goes.

Edited for spelling

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-21-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
Are you afraid of commitment ?

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-21-04, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Another question?"
What do you base your vote on....one show or the series?

kerawal 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-21-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kerawal Click to send private message to kerawal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Another question?"
On the singer

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
I only vote when someone moves me enough to make me want to vote for them. For example, last night I voted multiple times for Jennifer and Latoya, because I felt they were so far above everyone else, and they've both proven that they have more than one good performance in them.

Most weeks, I don't vote. They have to really move me to distract me from watching '24'.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Must confess..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-04 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

I don't vote at all, never have and most probably never will. I just like to watch the show and bash it a little here. The bad auditions in the beginning of the season always hook me in. (Not the recraps of them that they haul out about 4 more times during the season).

I think they get some really good singers and it is good entertainment. But so far all of these people hold no interest to me. None of them have released a "style" that I like. Thoguht Clay has a wonderful voice but I would turn any of those songs he sings of in the rasio with the exception of "Bridge Over Troubled Waters".

I will say that at least you know that these people can really sing without the studios help a la B. Spears.

***Keeping it plain & simple since 19XX***

ETA: That I vote in real life for elections! Everyone should do that if you vote for this!

I will get off my soapbox now

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Must confess...I AGREE!!"
I do not vote for anyone, I usually have to watch it on Tivo after the voting is over Tues nites not home.

The only person I have ever voted for is Clay in last year's final.

ETA: That I vote in real life for elections!
Everyone should do that if you vote for this!

Me too, heck I'm even voting in the PA primary next week and Kerry has it sewn up.

emydi

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Must confess...I AGREE!!"
Yeah! A voter! Unfortunately I can't vote in primaries, registerd as Independent.

***Keeping it plain & simple since 19XX***

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-21-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Must confess...I AGREE!!"
I vote in primaries regularly -- just re-register myself each time to get the ballot that I would like to vote on for that election. Then, I'm officially registered for that party until the next primary, where I may choose once again to re-register for another party. It's easy as pie.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
I watch the show faithfully each week, take notes, then discuss with my spouse which performers will get our votes this week. I usually vote 2 or 3 times, once for the best performance, and the other 1 or 2 for a favourite performer whom I feel may get bounced but I would like to see them survive for another week.

BTW, the voting this year has become remarkably better than last year's -- last season, I had to dial and dial and dial just to get my vote in -- sometimes I couldn't get through at all. This year, I can usually get my vote in on the first dial, which makes me more willing to cast more than one vote. The only time the lines are busy are the first 15 minutes or so. I just wait until 15 minutes have passed before I start dialing, and no problems.

They must have really, really improved their phone system, probably because of the fiasco over the Reuben/Clay final. I dialed and dialed and dialed, and never did get throught to cast my vote on that one.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
I almost always vote - although, like Bebo my voting pattern is definitely impacted by the performances. I generally like to vote based on the entire body of work, so last year I voted for rock solid Rueben rather than a shakier Clay even though the final performance was slightly better.

So, to follow the needed format:

1. Yes
2. 20-30 times (redial is easy and I usually vote while watching thanks to Tivo)

kerawal 52 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kerawal Click to send private message to kerawal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
1.yes
2.30-40 times for Latoya

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-21-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
I try to send in a couple of votes during the commercial breaks on "24" if someone has moved me enough to care with that night's performance.

I've never voted based on past performances, personality, etc.. Bring the goods and you'll get my vote.

Jumboto 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-25-04, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jumboto Click to send private message to Jumboto Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Thank you to all except for:
Ricky, PagongRatEater, and kerawal.

Thanks for ignoring my effort to keep this thread simple and neat, by not following my oh so easy to follow example.

P.S. This post has a touch of sarcasm.

P.P.S. I had to actually include the sentence that explaines the above was sarcastic.

P.P.P.S. I know even by stating there is sarcasm present, some users will still not comprehend this fact.

P.P.P.P.S. Please tell me how I can make a poll like this any simpler and easier to follow...

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
1.) I vote, however only one time this season, and that was for Fantasia when she sang "Summertime". I do not have a favortie this year. No one has really grabbed me to the point were I have to pick up the phone and vote for them.

2.) When I did vote for Fantasia, it was about 2 or 3 times. Last year I voted for Clay Aiken, every week, despite what the judges comments were. I actually voted for him more when the comments were not positive, because I really wanted him to win. How many times per night did I vote? More than I care to say, considering that I am an adult with 3 kids. ( now that I look back, it was very juvenille of me, but what the heck, I had fun)

popcorn_with_sam 154 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail popcorn_with_sam Click to send private message to popcorn_with_sam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
Yes, I do vote.

Last season I mostly voted for Kimberly Locke. I thought she was really under-rated.

This season, I've voted for George, Jennifer and Amy. I vote on performance as well as who I would like to see continue. Sometimes I just get a feeling that someone could really stretch and grow....like Jennifer did. It's exciting to watch someone get better every week. That's one reason I have been disappointed in the voting this time. It seems to me that the people who are not being voted off are not getting any better. Even Fantasia seems to have toned down her attitude and is joking around more.

I usually vote a few times a night...until I start getting busy signals. The show goes off at the time I put my son to bed so I don't usually vote after I take care of him.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-25-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
1) I have never voted...

...but I can explain. I work VERY VERY early in the morning, so I don't watch AI on tape until the next day.

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-04, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
Yea i vote
I vote 100-200 times including busy signals
I vote for teh person i will listen to on the radio and go buy their CD and they only people who i will do that for is Jasmine and Diana so thats who i vote for. But i vote mostly for Diana because she does not have as much support and i like Diana more!

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
Yes
Several times.

We have a very large group who wach AI faithfully each night.
all of us are music connoisseurs.

Our list of best singing talent is:
Latoya
Fantasia
George
Jennifer

Once we compiled this list, we all had to pick a personal favorite and vote for them several times each voting night nomatter what. We then had to pick a personal next best, and vote for that person once per voting night, nomatter what.

In my case, Latoya has been my favorite from the first time I heard her sing. I vote for her several times on voting night, my next favorite is George, he gets my last vote each voting night.

My brother's favorite was Jennifer and his next best is George...

Handola 54 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Handola Click to send private message to Handola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
As per your suggested format:

1. I have only voted three times in the past two seasons, didn't watch the first one (Once for Ruben last year, once for George, and once for Fantasia)

2. I will try to vote for who I think is the most unique AND for who rocked my world, but only once for each- I feel strongly about accuracy of numbers and people voting. If I consistently get a busy signal, I usually give up. This week, I will not give up so that Fantasia will get a vote from me.

Thanks for asking-voting patterns are obviously significant.

Peace

broodgal 79 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail broodgal Click to send private message to broodgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
1.Yes

I vote for the person who i thought gave the best performance of the night. Oh the easiest way to get through to vote is to wait 15-30 minutes after the lines have opened. I get no busy signals.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-26-04, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: how do YOU vote?"
>1. Do you actually vote?
>2.On ave. how many times a
>night?

I'll reply as if this were for Canadian Idol because I cannot vote for American Idol.

1. Yes
2. Depends on busy signals and stuff. I typically thought that if I liked a person a lot, I would vote a number of times for him or her (like 10 or 20 times) and for someone who I liked not as much a couple of times (like 4 or 5 times). People I didn't like at all never got my vote. And people who did something dismal once never received my vote. For example, Gary Beals sang his entire song, in the week of Motown, sharp which is a horrible mistake in my books and I never forgave him and was very angry to see him as the runner-up.

Oh, and do I vote in elections? Yes! I even vote in the municiple elections.

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •