The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S29 | Ep05 | Title, Tweets and Teases *No Sources* "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower1 4375 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-16-14, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S29 | Ep05 | Title, Tweets and Teases *No Sources* "
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-14 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

EW.com article post episode 4...Regarding a question about the vote being all over the place at Hunahpu...

Instability usually equals tribe turmoil, which often results in awesome episodes of Survivor! What you’re seeing with Hunahpu happens a lot on Survivor — a tribe dominates in challenges but because they never get to go to tribal they have no idea where the tribe vibe really stands — and when it finally comes, it causes chaos.

Okay, sir, what else can you tell us about next week’s episode?
It does appear a switch may be coming. But a switch is perhaps the least of Hunahpu’s troubles.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Title: 'Blood is Blood' tribephyl 10-16-14 1
   RE: Title: 'Blood is Blood' Flowerpower1 10-16-14 2
       RE: Title: 'Blood is Blood' tribephyl 10-16-14 3
 Misdirection Clues... Flowerpower1 10-16-14 4
   RE: Misdirection Clues... Sheldor 10-16-14 5
   RE: Misdirection Clues... tribephyl 10-16-14 6
       RE: Misdirection Clues... michel2 10-16-14 7
           RE: Misdirection Clues... tribephyl 10-17-14 8
           RE: Misdirection Clues... tribephyl 10-17-14 9
               RE: Misdirection Clues... michel2 10-17-14 10
               RE: Misdirection Clues... Flowerpower1 10-17-14 11
                   RE: Misdirection Clues... michel2 10-17-14 12
                       RE: Misdirection Clues... tribephyl 10-17-14 13
                           RE: Misdirection Clues... Flowerpower1 10-18-14 14
                               RE: Misdirection Clues... tribephyl 10-18-14 15
                                   RE: Misdirection Clues... Flowerpower1 10-18-14 16
                                       RE: Misdirection Clues... tribephyl 10-18-14 18
                                           RE: Misdirection Clues... Flowerpower1 10-19-14 20
                                               RE: Misdirection Clues... tribephyl 10-19-14 22
                                                   RE: Misdirection Clues... Flowerpower1 10-19-14 23
                                   RE: Misdirection Clues... michel2 10-18-14 17
                                       RE: Misdirection Clues... tribephyl 10-18-14 19
                                           RE: Misdirection Clues... Flowerpower1 10-19-14 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-14, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Title: 'Blood is Blood'"
Blood is blood

Yes, blood is blood but is it thicker than water?

Hmmm....sounds as if a the pairs play a big part in the bootee choice. Jon continues his hunt for singular players?

10-16-14, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Title: 'Blood is Blood'"
Yes, I think that you touched on something, Tribe. Namely, Jon. He mentioned last night that he wanted to vote out Julie because he wanted the couples to stay in tact, and that she was a singlet now....he is planning ahead. Clearly, Reed and Keith were with him, as they are part of a couple still in tact in the game.

But, at the vote, it was clear that Jon didn't think he had the numbers and therefore wanted to cast a vote that he thought the person who was in charge was directing. He voted for Keith, who was the boot choice that he thought Jeremy was aiming for. I think the group assumed that he was with Drew, but apparently, he's playing his own game.

I think this was the first time that we had heard this strategy presented, now that Jon has mentioned it, will it clearly be singles vs. pairs in the game moving forward? Last time it broke down along these lines as well but it was the singles that dominated. Will it be different this time around?

10-16-14, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Title: 'Blood is Blood'"
The fact that Jon is apparently "playing his own game" by voting for a person who is in a pair and with someone whom he thought was going to also vote for Keith, to me, proves Jon is not a smart player.
If he was supposedly separating himself from a sinking Drew-ship, he should have made sure the life-boat he was jumping on was going to float.

However, the mere fact that his pre-vote strategy was even shown at all, lends credence to the possible future of strategies where pairs are dominant over singles.

I also found it interesting that Reed, not part of any alliance, was included in the group who heard about Jeremy's idol from Keith, then promptly went and told Jeremy about Keith's accusation, then sided with Jon for the vote. Talk about screwy?

10-16-14, 08:31 PM (EST)
4. "Misdirection Clues..."

Thanks to Mayan Sun:

THE GAME GETS COMPLICATED WHEN A SURPRISING TRIBE SWAP STRANDS ONE CASTAWAY WITH THREE PAIRS OF LOVED ONES, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, OCT. 22

“Blood Is Blood” – After a surprising tribe swap, the game gets complicated when one castaway is stranded on a tribe with three pairs of loved ones. Meanwhile, the other tribe is forced to negotiate for their next meal as a result of mismanaged portion control, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Sure sounds to me like Tribe has it right...

NuCoyopa: Dale/Kelly, Missy/Baylor, Jacklyn/Jon, Keith

NuHunahpu: Jeremy/Natalie/Julie/Wes/Alec, Reed/Josh

Clearly, NuHunahpu will be the mismanaged food control with 3 division one male athletes on the tribe prior to the swap...lol!

Tribe: You are right, it's all dumb moves. Shame on them for being so stubborn and not on the same pages...I think there is more to Jon, however. Clearly he went against Drew, and he's pissed that he wasn't clued in when he thought he was going with the majority by voting for who Jeremy said he wanted to vote for.

Sheldor 4639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-16-14, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-14 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

After viewing the Press Images I think my thoughts below are wrong!

Hmm, production often controls the gender split on a tribe swap by having each gender draw from a different pile of buffs. I kind of doubt they would allow NuHunahpu to have 5 Males and 2 Females and NuCoyopa to have 3 Males and 4 Females. Seems much more likely for each new tribe to have 4 Males and 3 Females.

Since the title is "Blood is Blood" I'm thinking the "three pairs of loved ones" would be Blood related:

NuCoyopa: Dale/Kelley, Missy/Baylor, Keith/Wes, <male>

And if NuHunahpu mismanages food probably the 4 biggest Males would be on NuHunahpu

So maybe the new tribes are like this?

NuCoyopa: Dale/Kelley, Missy/Baylor, Keith/Wes, Josh
NuHunahpu: Jeremy/Alec/Reed/Natalie/Julie, Jon/Jaclyn

This break down still has most of the largest calorie intake people on NuHunahpu

10-16-14, 10:47 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Phew... an assumption comes through.

NuCoyopa is gonna be fun... *teehee* ...to watch parse out at tribal council.

Jon has already voted for Keith at Hunahpu and will now have Jaclyn to back him up.
But will that backfire on him, when Keith plays his idol and Keith wrote Jon's name down?

OR
Dale/Kelley, Missy/Baylor side with Keith and Jon is toast.

Of course, both these scenarios are using the "blood-block" of Dale/Kelley/Missy/Baylor as the deciders of who gets the votes.
and that's because of the camp shot with a very happy Dale sitting with Missy and Kelley.
I believe Missy and Kelley will stick together as Hunahpu,
Kelley will surely reconnect with her father and Baylor with her mother.
Dale may not like Baylor and Baylor, I'm sure, feels the same about Dale, but I believe they both would bury the hatchet to form a 4 person alliance.
Kelley and Missy will have witnessed Jon freaking out after TC. Keith will have received a vote from Jon at that TC. And none of them know that Keith has an idol.

I think it's Jon's week to go.
Unless Keith doesn't use his idol. (Or leaves it at Hunahpu...*gasp*)

michel2 4531 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-14, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-14 AT 11:04 PM (EST)

Out of Dale/Kelly, Missy/Baylor, Jaclyn/Jon and Keith, we only have two known "strategists", namely Kelley and Baylor. Since Jaclyn was very close to Baylor, I see those 2 pairs sticking together and forming the deciding votes at Coyopa. So Jon is safe as their only strong guy while Dale, Kelley and Keith are in trouble. Keith could benefit from his relationship with Wes.

But isn't Hunahpu the tribe that is in trouble? Here I see Jeremy, Natalie and Julie in real trouble because Reed will most likely join Josh and the other 2 Coyopa boys.

10-17-14, 00:12 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Well, according to timestamps, Coyopa is the losing tribe in ep5.

Hunahpu's troubles are more food related this episode, per misdirection.

10-17-14, 00:40 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Since Jaclyn was very close to Baylor

But they weren't.
Baylor admitted to deciding to work with Jaclyn because her standing in the men's alliance was shaky.
But even then, she went to Alec and Wes first to propose getting John out. Stating that Jaclyn would probably go with that idea. That was the original 4.
I don't think they are close at all.
I also think that the Blood is Blood title plays into the voting strategies this week. The only non-bloods would be Jon/Jaclyn. (and Keith but only because his son is on Hunahpu.)

Whereas, Kelley and Missy were already close, they are practically on top of each other in the shot with a happy Dale and getting Baylor and Dale to work together for awhile wouldn't be that out of the realm of belief. (I seriously doubt Baylor would choose to side with Jon/Jaclyn over her mother.)

Jon will have already alienated himself against Keith, Kelley and Missy after the last TC. He certainly didn't vote with (nor strategize with) any of them.

On paper, I think Keith would be in trouble. Not quite sure why you say his relationship with Wes would help him out in his current situation. The only thing helping him out is his idol.

Now, if we're gonna speculate about what happens when Nu-Hunahpu does go to TC...
Nu-Hunahpu: Alec ~ Jeremy ~ Julie ~ Josh ~ Natalie ~ Reed ~ Wes (4 Hunahpu/3 Coyopa - 5 males/2 females - 1 pair/1 half-pair/4 singles)

Jeremy and Natalie are aligned (and both single). Reed will benefit from having told Jeremy about Keith's idol backstab. Josh and Reed will be the only pair and will probably align with Jeremy. Julie will be clinging to Hunahpu, specially when her other choices will be Alec and Wes.

Alec and Wes are goners.
Alec has outlasted his brother and thus fulfilled his storyline.
Wes may or may not end up back with his Father but I believe their dynamic has been Wes clinging to his father, his father not having faith that Wes can do it. And I harken back to my earlier thought about Keith having the "Ciera's Choice" of the season, wherein he vote's his son out.

My thoughts (as of 12:30something on Friday morning) are Jon this week, Alec next week, then we get the merge.

10-17-14, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Being confronted by a 5 guy alliance forced Baylor and Jaclyn to be close. We saw that when Rocker proposed voting for Dale. The two girls readily agreed to go after John. You need to trust each oher to be that open about such a big move.

Considering how Dale voted against her, I think it will be easier for Baylor to get Missy to vote against him than going after Jon. And we need a quitter in Coyopa so the simplest scenario is Dale quitting after Kelley is eliminated.

Being Keith's father will help Keith with Baylor since she liked the young guy. I think it will be easier to play that card than the idol because he's a day late and a dollar short with that idol!

I don't see Josh aligning with Jeremy, Natalie and Julie and simply giving up on Wes and Alec, two solid allies. Reed wasn't even close enough to Jeremy to vote with him so I don't see him going that way.

10-17-14, 07:40 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-14 AT 07:54 AM (EST)

This time I see it as michel does, Tribe. Keith may have NO idea that Jon voted for him....he probably assumes that Jeremy voted for him. Also, Keith showed with his vote that he was with Jon. I think Keith and Jon are in good standing. For me, I don't necessarily see Kelly as a strategist, but clearly, Baylor is in overdrive, thanks to the first 2 TC's she didn't see coming.

Baylor will dictate to her mom what she's going to do and her mom will be with her, imo. Baylor has gotten close with Jacklyn, and Jacklyn will follow Baylor. I see Jacklyn/Jon bound to Baylor. Baylor knows they NEED Jon to survive to merge, if they have any hope of winning a challenge.

While Kelly and Missy are close, Missy will opt to stick with Baylor over Kelly. (Blood is blood) Baylor and Jacklyn are NOT aligned with Dale at all. Dale, clearly would have been the next to go in Coyopa. While Missy is close to Kelly, Dale is a different story. I see Dale as the prime candidate. *insert here that I have seen Dale as a prime candidate for weeks now!*

Jiffy has stated in interviews that Jon and Jacklyn are around each other enough this season to argue. We haven't seen any of that yet, and I don't think they will argue this week...I will go and find it and bring it here. I think Jon is safe.

Here is the link to the TV Guide article. Several things jump out at me...

1. People came in out of the gate saying, let's let loved ones dominate this game and try to get as deep as we can with as many pairs. So right from the beginning there was a new strategy.

There you have it. Jon was the first to mention this....and, it's going to play out, I believe...?

"This is a very unorthodox season," Probst says. "Some seasons just roll along and you can almost predict it. This season, I couldn't have predicted the way it was going to go. I would have never predicted who was going to win or be in at the end. And I hope that's the same journey that the audience has. Just so many weird things happen. Tribes have issues that they have to deal with me about, and they're losing things and wanting to trade for things and running out of things. It was just a constant, daily, 'What? What happened now?' I think there are a lot of things we haven't seen in a while, and I think the audience is going to enjoy it. I think it's going to feel refreshing and different."

A very unpredictable season....hmmm? We are already seeing the lost flint, now the decreased food supply....

Kelly re: Dale: But Kelley's main worry now is her dad's social skills — or lack thereof. "Dale lives on a farm and doesn't really talk to anybody, and that was his daughter's biggest concern," Probst says. "'My dad is a social outcast, and he's used to doing things his own way. I don't know how he's going to do in the game, and I don't want him to drag me down.'

Then, Probst on Jon and Jacklyn: "They're young and loving," Probst describes. "But what's interesting is watching their relationship play out. They're a couple and they love each other, but this game is hard. And, give people enough time together on Survivor, they will argue, no matter how much you love each other. There's an honesty to watching their relationship that I don't recall us ever doing before."

So, Kelly sees her father as a liability and Jon/Jacklyn are going to argue. I don't see them arguing this week, fwiw.

Keith could play his idol, but I think he may not have to...Jon does want the couples to make it and I think Baylor would rather Wes and Keith survive, rather than Dale/Kelly...

ETA: Interesting to speculate on Dale possibly quitting if Kelly is voted out, michel! It's a logical theory...

Regarding nuHanahpu:

Jeremy/Natalie, Julie, Reed/Josh, Wes/Alec

Definitely Reed and Josh are the serious players here, at least we have seen Josh play....but Reed and Josh were shining in their intro together. I see Reed sticking like glue to Josh, he was clearly not in the Jeremy/Natalie camp. I see Josh solidly with Wes/Alec. So, I would speculate that Jeremy/Natalie/Julie would be the most in danger...at least that is early speculation.

10-17-14, 05:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
With you and I forming an alliance, FP, I don't think Tribe stands a chance!

10-17-14, 11:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
I figured I'd cover both of you in one message (I'm also including JP). I can't say as I have the idol but I can't promise I don't, either.
I can promise that I'll make it extra long, in hopes you'll lose interest after a couple of paragraphs and dismiss me as the doddering old fool talking to himself in the corner.

michel: Being confronted by a 5 guy alliance forced Baylor and Jaclyn to be close.
It forced them to seek each other out to make a last chance save for themselves. Clinging to each other for safety is natural, but when the safety is supplied elsewhere there will be no need for these ladies to be close. Baylor, from the beginning, was with Wes and Alec. She put herself in Josh's pocket, in hopes of insuring her safety, and it backfired on her.
The only time Baylor and Jaclyn even hung out was after Baylor received votes a second time. Baylor was feeling duped by her alliance with the guys and tried a different tack. She asked Jaclyn if she thought John should go. OF COURSE Jaclyn would say yes to that. She was THE LAST remaining non-aligned player. Jaclyn would have said yes to anyone who had asked her to join in on something. IOW, Jaclyn would have voted for Baylor if it saved her. Jaclyn may feel more attachment to Baylor because of the save, but my read from her personality is that she doesn't care what other people think about her. Nor do I think she'll feel any sort of obligation to go out of her way to repay the favor. These ladies are as tight as ... well, something that is not tight at all.

michel: You need to trust each other to be that open about such a big move.
Not true at all. Backed into a corner they were grasping for anything, they both thought they were in trouble and FINALLY tried to work out a deal. Baylor's "plan" met the disapproval of her buddies Wes and Alec. And ONLY when Josh brought it up (to appease his cross-tribal potntials) with Wes and Baylor did the plan go into action. Neither of the ladies were crowned in the re-edit as being the conspirators, Josh turned on his alliancemate.

FloPo: Baylor will dictate to her mom what she's going to do and her mom will be with her, imo. Baylor has gotten close with Jacklyn, and Jacklyn will follow Baylor. I see Jacklyn/Jon bound to Baylor. Baylor knows they NEED Jon to survive to merge, if they have any hope of winning a challenge.
In what world does the daughter dictate what her mother is going to do. 3 divorces means the woman is making her own decisions despite what her daughter says. Missy is by no means helpless and as evidenced from the strategy talks at Hunahpu, she was the one to spearhead the Drew boot. Because Kelley, her besty, told her what Drew was talking about. Forming a finally succesful woman's alliance AND getting Jeremy to change his vote. Missy is the one to watch. Baylor has a lot to learn.

FloPo: Baylor and Jacklyn are NOT aligned with Dale at all. Dale, clearly would have been the next to go in Coyopa.
No doubts there. Save for one, Jaclyn could indeed have been next. Her mouth at the JohnR boot ALMOST ruined everything. Even Baylor looked at her like she'd lost her freakin' mind. Baylor is lucky John was so dense, because Jaclyn nearly ruined it for her.

michel: Considering how Dale voted against her, I think it will be easier for Baylor to get Missy to vote against him than going after Jon.
While in this new tribe Baylor has the least amount of like for Dale, it won't mean that she can't work with other people's targets. I seriously doubt, that once Nu-Coyopa is formed that Baylor will take control. And suggesting that they boot Dale, while a priority on her list, may not be the first priority on anyone else's list. PLUS after Jon's freakout after TC, I doubt any love will be lost for Drewchebag's besty. Missy and Kelley witnessed first hand Drew's backslide into dementia. They also saw Jon completely wig out after TC. Neither of them, ANY of them have ever seen Dale freak out.

michel: Being Keith's father will help Keith with Baylor since she liked the young guy.
Yes, Baylor liked Wes. BUT Wes decided to send Josh as a trusted ally to go to Exile with Keith, not Baylor. While Keith may certainly not be on top of Baylor's target list, if she were to listen to her mother, Keith and Jon would be on that list.

FloPo: Jiffy has stated in interviews that Jon and Jacklyn are around each other enough this season to argue.
Well, can't argue with that. Oh wait, yes I can... but I'll wait.

michel: Reed wasn't even close enough to Jeremy to vote with him so I don't see him going that way.
Reed was close enough to Jeremy to inform him of Keith's backstab. He did it freely. Certainly not done under duress or threat of bootation. (Unlike Baylor and Jaclyn's last minute deal.) Reed obviously wanted to work with Jeremy. And just because they voted different doesn't mean they can't regain and build something together.

FloPo: Keith showed with his vote that he was with Jon. I think Keith and Jon are in good standing.
Keith is solo. Even when in an alliance with Jeremy, he went to the other person of power to rid himself of Jeremy. He thought it was Jon, Drew freaked out and went on the power hunt. He may not know that Jon voted for him exactly, but I also believe he won't trust Jon at any point in the future. I dunno where this 'in good standing' feeling is coming from but I don't see much of the original impressions lasting through that last TC.

FloPo: Reed and Josh are the serious players here, at least we have seen Josh play
Agreed.

FloPo: but Reed and Josh were shining in their intro together. I see Reed sticking like glue to Josh
I also agreed that Reed and Josh will be tight at Nu-Hunahpu. But for reasons dicussed above, I think Jeremy and Natalie figure more in Reed's game (as a majority as well) than Alec and Wes do in Josh's. Well, at least Alec. Josh seemed surprised that Wes chose him to go to exile with Keith. A trip where Josh admitted to wanting to see if something worked out between him and Keith. Josh knows that Wes is tight with Baylor and Josh wants to use Baylor, so he will probably use Wes as well, for as long as he needs to.

FloPo: I see Josh solidly with Wes/Alec.
I just don't. I see Josh as being tight with Baylor and John. 2 people whom pretty much loathed each other. Baylor was friends with Wes/Alec and John was tight with Dale. Josh worked between those groups. I don't see Josh tight with anyone but Reed and I also believe that Reed is the less flighty individual of the two and Josh will need his groundedness.

JP: People came in out of the gate saying, let's let loved ones dominate this game and try to get as deep as we can with as many pairs. So right from the beginning there was a new strategy.
Yup. Exactly opposite from last time. And for Nu-Hunahpu that does have ominous warnings for Jeremy, Natalie, Julie and Alec. (But of those four, I see Natalie, Julie and Alec in more trouble than I see Jeremy in trouble. At least until the merge. Then Jeremy is a goner.)

JP: Tribes have issues that they have to deal with me about, and they're losing things and wanting to trade for things and running out of things.
They lost their flint, check. They wanted to trade their found flint for a reward, check. They will run out of staple food supplies, check. I can't say the issues are over completely, but I doubt these little snafus will occur much after the loss of beans/rice in ep5. In fact, JP doesn't have another example to cite after the running out of supplies. And to remember the first three and none from later in the game, points to nothing like that happening past the merge.

JP: But Kelley's main worry now is her dad's social skills — or lack thereof. "Dale lives on a farm and doesn't really talk to anybody, and that was his daughter's biggest concern," Probst says. "'My dad is a social outcast, and he's used to doing things his own way. I don't know how he's going to do in the game, and I don't want him to drag me down.'
Okay, Kelley, when forced between her own alliance and covering for her dad, will choose the alliance. That could come into play this week but it could also be something that happens after the merge. I find the audience perspective of Dale is much much much worse than his read from the contestants has been.
Sure, in Kelley's world Dale is socially awkward, but there are all kinds of people in this game and much like Julie's perception of Johns game affecting her game is much worse than anything Dale has done to Kelley's chances. And just like Baylor tolerated Dale becuase of her alliance, she will do the same in this scenario.

JP: But what's interesting is watching Jon/Jaclyn's relationship play out. They're a couple and they love each other, but this game is hard. And, give people enough time together on Survivor, they will argue, no matter how much you love each other.
Enough time together is subjective. For me and my SO it takes moments. For other couples I know it takes years. I don't think Jon/Jaclyn have a solid and respectful relationship and I doubt it will take long until they start to fight. BUT, I do get the feeling that it might not happen in 3 days. And as far as the source for these two, the only thing semi-solid about it is that one of them outlasts the other and neither of them is in the finals. However, even though it was said directly after talking about Jon/Jaclyn it doesn't mean that the fighting won't come from other "couples" down the road.

But I digress, once again, in the interest of saving my butt at the upcoming tribal council where it looks like the editing masters have chosen to align and write my name down.
I trust your opinons immensely, but what I found myself doing, specially this season, is NOT going with my first interpretations and concocting scenarios where things fit according to what others have suggested. Almost there is still not there. I want to be there. And making Jon safe because of an FB post about future financial stability is just the sort of thing to pull me off track. Because then I start thinking of scenarios wherein Both Jaclyn and Jon make it through and how they can accomplish that.
Honestly, I have no idea how either of you got to perceiving that Baylor and Jaclyn are tight, nor where Jon and Keith will align. Nor where Missy and Kelley won't stay aligned. If Missy goes with Baylor than Kelley goes too. At which point Dale would also come along.
But suggesting that Jaclyn and Jon have the power or the influence to split apart alliances or blood relatives is kind of nonsensical to me. welll...maybe...nope. Don't make sense.
Keith may be safe because of his friend of a friend contact with Wes/Josh and Baylor, but I seriously doubt Baylor would go out on a limb to keep Keith there just for either Josh or Wes.
My guess is that we could go around and around about this until Wednesday, or until more defining vidcaps are revealed, or some sort of reliable source reveals itself but I doubt I'll end up voting like the majority. And I'll be okay with it.
Love you both, thanks for keeping me on my toes. Good luck!

10-18-14, 11:03 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
But I digress, once again, in the interest of saving my butt at the upcoming tribal council where it looks like the editing masters have chosen to align and write my name down.
I trust your opinions immensely, but what I found myself doing, specially this season, is NOT going with my first interpretations and concocting scenarios where things fit according to what others have suggested.

First of all, Tribe, you cannot possibly put me in the same category as michel, as an editing master. Clearly, he and Veruca are the only ones that fit in that category!

I feel like I need to apologize here. So many times when we write down feelings, thoughts, and assessments, that are solidly subjective, it may seem as we are forcing them on others. That is the LAST thing I want to do. I don't EVER want to force my views on someone else and I love hearing everyones views, especially yours. Often I play both sides....so often it definitely takes me in a different direction altogether. Ugh. Regardless, I want to hear counter opinions....hopefully they can all lead us down a definitive path, right or wrong.

Frankly, it's not that I see them (Baylor/Jacklyn, Josh/Wes/Alec) as tight, I really see them as reacting to their current circumstance, playing the hand they are dealt. I think Jacklyn comes across as being loyal to one, she was first with Val, now I see her latching on to Baylor. The switch up will cement her to Baylor, perhaps? I just see Jacklyn as someone that would be with Baylor. Just as I see Wes/Alec as firmly committed to Josh, especially since their partners are either out or on the other tribe. Victims of circumstance...I really don't know what Reed will do, I don't have enough to go on with him, but as Josh is the part of the couple that seems to be playing this game hard (because he's been on the losing tribe?), I have to assume he will have a voice in the dynamics of nuHanahpu...and I see that Wes/Alec may be latching on to the couple of Josh/Reed? I don't know, it's all speculative.

Regarding Missy and Baylor. We got a pre-season build up from Jiffy that while Missy has been divorced 3 times, Baylor has had to take the maternal role...blah, blah, blah. Then, when we saw the pair face off together and Missy hit Baylor in the face and made her bleed/cry, Missy seemed to fold to me, which let Baylor win out. For me, that's somewhat telling of their relationship. Clearly, I do not know, it's just my assessment with what I have gotten to see of them right now. That glimpse of their relationship is what I base my prediction on, again, I could be sooooo wrong. You make stellar points on Missy, so far in Hanahpu she is prominent, but I have to wonder if she will defer to her daughter when they are reunited, or will Baylor defer to her, OR, will they collaborate well together?

Regarding Missy and Kelly's relationship, that too will be interesting and I wonder how it will factor into the next vote at Coyopa...that is the question! Clearly, Missy will tell Baylor all about her standing in old Hanahpu, who she is aligned with etc, and vice versa....it will be very telling how the vote pans out. Keith could be the target and play his idol and bounce someone out in an unpredictable way?

I really think you make huge, logical assumptions Tribe, and you could very well be RIGHT. Your arguments have led me down a different path on many occasions....I love hearing what you have to say, and I sure hope you keep your assessments coming! One thing that I hope I don't do too much is to buy into all of the social postings and crap that goes around. Some may pan out, but some may not. I do strive to figure it out.

Jon and Jacklyn for example, I do see postings of some tweets or FB messages, which I don't really put stock into. I see Jon with more substance than Jacklyn. I would be shocked if she makes it to end game. I see her as a pawn, for either Baylor or Jon, most likely both. I do think her stock goes up now that they are switching it up, I have seen her on the bottom of the totem pole for a while at Coyopa. But, I have seen Dale there too?

Jon, I think has more substance because of his confessional in episode 1, re: his dying father and then with the confessional after the lost flint, that he needs to own it up front, blah, blah, blah. There is more to him for me. Jeremy cast him in a pair with Drew, but with the last episode, clearly he did not choose to go with Drew, he chose to vote with who he opined to have the most clout in the tribe, Jeremy. I think there is more to him. (At least that is my read, it could be WAY OFF).

Finally, when there is a switch up like this, they have to play the hand they are dealt. They cannot rely on people that are on the other tribe at this point. They cannot play to save "other" people in the game. So, again, it will be interesting to see where loyalties lie, and reuniting couples definitely will make things clear...blood is blood.

IF this is going to turn in to a "couples" game, I see Jeremy and Natalie as a couple already...fwiw.

Tribe, I definitely think you make very logical points. You could be soooo right. Especially about Keith and Jon....I agree, Keith is playing like a loner, so far... He possibly voted as Jon suggested because he still has a partner in the game, I dunno.

We can make a whole new batch of speculation when we get more promos this week! And, while you may not end up voting like the majority, I may indeed end up voting like you!

10-18-14, 03:20 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
First off, No need for apologies. We've been here and at this for waaay too long to have to apologize for making logical speculations about the goings on. Everyone here has made mistakes in their assumptions and a majority of us have been correct in our assumptions on occasion. You make a mistake and you move on. You get it correct, toot your own horn quietly and then move on.
Your voice and michel's are voices of reason for me and while I would normally get off my soapbox to harken the sage advise of ones such as yourselves, this week I just see it different and for some reason feel strongly enough about it that I kinda went all Aruba. j/k Aruba. I value your opinions as well. I admire your strength in arguing those points as much as I love watching michel do the same.
Anyways... I felt that rather than continuing to pummel this donkey, I would attach myself to other material from your post.

I really think you make huge, logical assumptions Tribe, and you could very well be RIGHT. Your arguments have led me down a different path on many occasions....I love hearing what you have to say, and I sure hope you keep your assessments coming! One thing that I hope I don't do too much is to buy into all of the social postings and crap that goes around. Some may pan out, but some may not. I do strive to figure it out.

Oh jeez, now I feel like I have to apologize to you, for leading you down paths that I'm not even sure of. I too love hearing your comments and pray that we agree, because it usually means I'm on the right track. And when we don't agree I get a little worried that I'm missing something. Such as this week.
The social media angle was not present when we started all this logical speculation stuff. So figuring out what info is valid or what direction to go in after seeing someone tan or weighing less or posting while filming or dropping possible hints etc, is just too daunting for me to even cling on to anymore.
I've been bitten by the "making the pieces fit according to rumor" judgment calls in the past. I find I do better when I'm not letting that particular avenue of info to invade my otherwise "old-fashioned" but objective theories when regarding VidCaps and Misdirection and Editing.
I could go on and on about how I loathe the social media angle. Starts with a rumor or a soundbite and turns into speculation and finagling out what they "really" meant. This includes weight-loss speculation as well. Of which I haven't followed since Guatemala.

Swaps and merges always change the dynamic. But alot of the dynamic can be predicted depending on where the tribes placed their values. Some tribes ditch strength early, so they can remain friendly, some tribes ditch friendly because they want to keep strength. But figuring out where peoples heads are in regards to their individual goals, is how we figure out the bootees.
The only for sure things I see this season are story arcs that involve Mother/Father dynamics (extremely evident) AND Pairs over Singles voting strategies (newly emerging).
At Hunahpu there were, as noted at TC, too many chiefs not enough indians. Or in this case, too many parents not enough children.
Whereas on Coyopa it is exactly opposite, waaay too many children and barely anyone to stand up and parent.
If anything, this switch will even things out a bit.

The hard part about figuring out what this particular set of survivors will do after a swap, is because there are family members that will become tribemates and instant alliance members. But the significant other will have their own thoughts about whom to trust and such as well. So the family member that often makes the decisions will be the decision makers, unless the followers can somehow convince them that it's wiser to side with them. With Jaclyn/Jon, Baylor/Missy and Dale/Kelley. Jon, Missy and Dale are the decision makers. Baylor, Jaclyn and Kelley are the rebels... Wait, I meant followers, they are the ... rebels. Gah, did it again. Baylor, Jaclyn and Kelley are willing to let others decide how the game will turn out moreso than the partners are willing to let that game slip away from them. However, Baylor, Jaclyn and Kelley have all shown the desire to be noted that they can make their own decisions. I don't need my dad. I mother my mother. My boyfriend thinks he's better than me.
But now I'm talking about survivors and I didn't want to do that.

So, back to me...

We can make a whole new batch of speculation when we get more promos this week! And, while you may not end up voting like the majority, I may indeed end up voting like you!

Haha...don't you dare. Wait, if you do, can we boot michel? lol j/k michel. There's no way I'd split up this group.
Thank you both for keeping me on my toes.

Now, can I get one or both of you to volunteer for an upcoming SOTS. It truly is meant to be a community effort and I feel as if I might have turned it into a "what does tribe think" thread, week after week, season after season. Even I'm bored with hearing about what I think.

10-18-14, 05:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-14 AT 05:46 PM (EST)

The hard part about figuring out what this particular set of survivors will do after a swap, is because there are family members that will become tribemates and instant alliance members. But the significant other will have their own thoughts about whom to trust and such as well. So the family member that often makes the decisions will be the decision makers, unless the followers can somehow convince them that it's wiser to side with them. With Jaclyn/Jon, Baylor/Missy and Dale/Kelley. Jon, Missy and Dale are the decision makers. Baylor, Jaclyn and Kelley are the rebels... Wait, I meant followers, they are the ... rebels. Gah, did it again. Baylor, Jaclyn and Kelley are willing to let others decide how the game will turn out moreso than the partners are willing to let that game slip away from them. However, Baylor, Jaclyn and Kelley have all shown the desire to be noted that they can make their own decisions. I don't need my dad. I mother my mother. My boyfriend thinks he's better than me.

How eloquently put, Tribe!

Wait, if you do, can we boot michel? lol j/k michel. There's no way I'd split up this group.
Thank you both for keeping me on my toes.

Hahahaha, booting michel! <3 <3 <3. I love you both and value your takes so much! Sign me up, Tribe. Whatever weeks you want me to do, I will do! xoxo

10-18-14, 08:32 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
How bout next week? My Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are particularly fuller than normal and I would relish the recess after whatever becomes of this week.
And maybe another one, say after the merge, whenever you feel like it.

10-19-14, 01:26 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
This week, for Oct 22, or next week for Oct 29? I will do either/both, whatever you want!

10-19-14, 02:45 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
I don't want to just jump out and leave this week (10/22) with you, so Next week... The Oct.29th episode. If you wanna double up we'll just have you do the merge episode on Nov. 5th, too.
Otherwise, you can skip a week and then take Nov. 12th

10-19-14, 09:16 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Ok! I will do the SOTS week of 10-29 and 11-5. Happy to help out! If you need me to do others down the road, just let me know!

10-18-14, 08:22 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-14 AT 08:27 PM (EST)

You made me laugh while making some great points, Tribe. I especially liked how you mentioned Aruba in all this. Too bad he stays away from spoilers but he is a fun poster.

If we get down to what we think is the boot story this week and get all the speculation from NuHunapu out of the equation (with the merge looming, they may not even go to TC so we may never know how it would have worked) I think it boils down to our interpretation of the title: "Blood is Blood". It can go either way.

You think that it means that the blood relatives Missy/Baylor and Kelley/Dale will stick together over the boyfriend/girlfriend pair of Jon and Jaclyn. You could be right.

I think it's more personal though. I think it involves a triangle where one person is torn between a game alliance and a blood relative. In NuCoyopa, the person at the apex of this traingle is Missy. She had a strong alliance with Kelley and they overcame a 4-5 deficit together which means a lot in this game but Baylor is her daughter so it will come down to "Blood is Blood" and Missy will decide to go with Baylor.

ETA: As for getting the boot, I may have one of these:

Look, it even has a face on it!

10-18-14, 09:05 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Thank you.
You managed to coalesce my and your thoughts into very usable verbiage.

Psst...that's a 4k1ng happy stick!

10-19-14, 01:42 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-14 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

You managed to coalesce my and your thoughts into very usable verbiage.

Tribe....that's why he's in the "editing masters" category and I am NOT!

PS. He may have a 4k1ng happy stick but I have one of these...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •