The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kerawal 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-21-04, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kerawal Click to send private message to kerawal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-04 AT 03:35 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-26-04 AT 03:34 AM (EST)

Look at season 1 with 6 getting a recording contract and season 2 with 7 getting recording contracts (pending) so far. Which lucky 5 or 6 will get a contract from this season.

(numbers in parentheses indicate the final placement of the contestant in his/her season)

**Also notice that no one higher than 7th place has scored a deal***

Season 1
Kelly Clarkson (pop)(1)
Justin Guarinni (pop)(2)
Tamyra Gray (pop/R&B- soon to be released)(4)
RJ Helton (Christian R&B- soon to be released)(5)
Christina Christina (pop- soon to be released)(6)
Ryan Star (pop-still working on album)(7)

Season 2
Ruben Studdard (R&B)(1)
Clay Aiken (pop)(2)
Kimberly Locke (pop/R&B-soon to be released)(3)
Josh Gracin (Country- soon to be released)(4)
Trencye (working on album according to On-Air w/RS)(5)
Carmen Rasmussen (working on album according to On-Air w/RS)(6)
Kimberly Caldwell (working on album according to On-Air w/RS)(7)

My picks for season 3: Latoya, Fantasia for sure, with maybes from George and Jennifer.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Which AI3 contestants will get ... shedevil 04-21-04 1
   Camile, John Stevens, and Jasmine Jumboto 04-25-04 3
   RE: Which AI3 contestants will get ... stormysatan 04-25-04 6
 Definitely Camile Velasco KATZENJAMMER KID 04-25-04 2
 RE: Which AI3 contestants will get ... bris 04-25-04 4
   RE: Which AI3 contestants will get ... blue14 04-25-04 5
       RE: Which AI3 contestants will get ... StarryLuna 04-25-04 7
       RE: Which AI3 contestants will get ... kerawal 04-26-04 9
 RE: Which AI3 contestants will get ... theincrediblehugey 04-25-04 8
   RE: Which AI3 contestants will get ... KATZENJAMMER KID 05-04-04 11
 RE: Which AI3 contestants will get ... 1simplyme 04-26-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-21-04, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
Definites:
1. Jennifer
2. Latoya
3. Fantasia (even though I can't stand her voice I know a lot of people like it)
4. JPL

maybe:
George

Jumboto 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-25-04, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jumboto Click to send private message to Jumboto Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Camile, John Stevens, and Jasmine"
Camile and Stevens have a distinct(unique) sound. Well they sound like Lauryn Hill and Senatra(or is it Martin?), but not many people have that nice different singing voice. I would much rather listen to one of their CDs than just another good singer. That is if the songs are their style and not some dumbass AI genre like country or soul.(why would anyone want to hear JS singing soul music?)
And as for Jasmine, even if she doesn't get a national recording contract, she will for sure get one localy in Hawaii.( is it like that in every state, gotta be right?)

Also the divas will each get a contract from somewhere.

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
Definitely, JASMINE, Latoya, and Fantasia will get a record deal. Also JPL.
I don't think Jennifer has any chance of getting a record deal unless a gospel record outfit offers her a contract. Maybe, she will continue singing in cruise ships.

KATZENJAMMER KID 33 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KATZENJAMMER%20KID Click to send private message to KATZENJAMMER%20KID Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Definitely Camile Velasco"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-04 AT 01:06 AM (EST)

Please refer to this news article dated April 13, 2004 by the Philippine Daily Inquirer's entertainment section:

http://www.inq7.net/ent/2004/apr/13/ent_1-1.htm

... and in a connected interview with the paper's sister tabloid publication "Inquirer Libre" (sorry, no weblink available):

"... Aside from cosmetic, hair and other beauty product endorsements coming her way, Camile is also reportedly being wooed by producer-singer-composer Babyface.

"However, Camile is under contract with 19 Management and has to work with them until September", revealed Camile's stepdad, Dr. James West, in a separate interview. "She has to join the top 10 finalists in their 50-city tour in July, and they also have a CD coming out in April 27."

"After the Wednesday show (where she got booted out), the judges - Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson and even Simon Cowell - congratulated her and told her that she will go far (noooo, not to a far off planet somewhere!)", Dr. West added.

Camile said Cowell had told her backstage that "I was special (nooo, not THAT kind of 'special', you naughty non-Camile fans!) and that I just need to polish myself and then go for it. He said that I had what it takes to succeed in Hollywood. He also offered his help and support to me if I needed it." . (Awww, SC does not seem to be as heartless/ruthless as most people think he is after all!)

The fact that she has allegedly done a great job in that upcomming AI3 Soul Classics CD

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/811.shtml

seems to show that she is finally getting her act together and gradually learning from her AI experience. What a lot of people do not seem to know is that Camile IS actually serious about her career path (…on singing, NOT waitressing! lol) and in fact has previously performed as an opening act for more established Asian artists who tour her homeland – even before AI3 came along. I believe that she’s basically an introvert with extroverted tastes (read: a quiet, shy and composed girl who nevertheless loves to dress up and perform under the spotlight) who needs to exert the extra effort getting out of her shell and learning to communicate better with others.

…. and perhaps a little botox to relax her facial muscles so that the rest of the world wouldn’t have to sit through another one of her ‘constipated’ episodes!

But anything can happen between now and September. I'm no rabid fan - but still I wish her luck (same goes for Johnny Red and Jasmine) and hope she makes the most out of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-04, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
Kim Caldwell also has a album with Judge Randy Randy said " she is the female kid rock"
I think of AI3 theise will get deals
1. LaToya
2. Fantasia
3. Diana
4. Jasmine
5. JEnnifer
6. Red Head

blue14 26 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blue14 Click to send private message to blue14 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
I also think from season 2, Julia Demato is getting a record deal. I heard it somewhere that she was. Also, CARMEN RASSMUSEN is getting a record deal? where did you hear that???

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-25-04, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
Not sure if Julia got an actual record deal, but you can download her music off the net somewhere. So far, for this season, I can see LaToya, Fantasia and Jennifer definitely getting record deals. Diana and Jasmine will probably get them because they're so young - they could possibly be molded into the next Britney Spears type of star. I think George will also be offered a deal. The others? They might get deals, but I doubt their albums will sell well.

"No woman ever falls in love with a man unless she has a better opinion of him than he deserves."

kerawal 52 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 03:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kerawal Click to send private message to kerawal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
Wednesday, April 21st, on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest", Ryan annouced Carmen as working on her album, as well as Kim Caldwell and Trencye.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-04, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-04 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

Maybe the question should be, "Who won't get a record deal?" Leah and Matt.

KATZENJAMMER KID 33 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KATZENJAMMER%20KID Click to send private message to KATZENJAMMER%20KID Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
....totally agree.

That's why I was surprised that they were even considered for that AI3 Soul Classics CD. Are they also included in that upcoming summer tour 'til September?

Matt, as some other poster once suggested, should stick to opera-type songs. It's a wonder how he seems to be comfortable in that genre and yet be sooo out of tune with pop songs.

KK (d' jamming katz)

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Which AI3 contestants will get a record deal?"
Well if "She Bang" can get an offer for a contract? It makes you wonder.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •