The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

LifePartner80 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-03-01, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LifePartner80 Click to send private message to LifePartner80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-01 AT 04:13 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-03-01 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

For anyone who might be interested, Brandon tends bar at a place called Throckmorton Mining Company (better known as TMC) in the Oaklawn (gay) area of Dallas. I've yet to see him there, as I won't be 21 for three more weeks, but one of my friends used to have a crush on Brandon before the show ever started, and told me all about him. I can't wait for my 21st on Dec. 23 so I can go in there and ask him all about how much he was in love with Silas! HaHaHa!

A little more info from my expertise: Until recently, TMC catered to a primarily "leather bear" crowd. For those of you who are unfamiliar with gay jargon, a leather bear is a really hairy guy (either fat or muscular) who wears and is turned on by leather. But about nine months ago I guess it was, they totally remodeled the bar to make it more appealing to a more attractive, younger crowd. Depending on when Brandon started working there, I guess you can figure out his taste in men - Frank or Silas?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar Kismet 12-04-01 1
 RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar dabo 12-04-01 2
 RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar LifePartner80 12-04-01 3
   RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar ItzLisa 12-05-01 6
 RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar Jonnycumlately 12-04-01 4
 RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar Frau Hexe 12-04-01 5
 Brandi Trivia Bobbystareyes 12-05-01 7
   RE: Brandi Trivia Bobbystareyes 12-05-01 8
 RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar Mercurial206 12-05-01 9
 RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar VampKira 12-05-01 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kismet 803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-04-01, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kismet Click to send private message to Kismet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"
Happy Birthday early Life Partner. I also live in Dallas. My husband used to work at the InfoMart and he drove right past that bar on his way home. Although I am old enough to get in, I rarely get to go out at night. If I did actually find a baby sitter the very last thing I would do would be to go and make eyes at Brandon. He is one of my least favorite Survivors right now. Doesn't he drive you crazy? Or do you like him?

Kismet

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-04-01, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-01 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

Somehow I just knew it, Brandon probably has every Village People recording and video, he love him some of that macho man! Well, whatever. Happy impending birthday, have fun when you can by throwing Brandi as many fun questions as you can think of. Ask him who in S3 he thinks might have been in the closet!
you must gufu
SMILES ARE FREE. 'ho
ho ho ho!
"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

LifePartner80 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-04-01, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LifePartner80 Click to send private message to LifePartner80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"
I didn't mean to imply I wanted to meet Brandon because I like him. I mean, I like him in the context of the show, but I'm certainly not attracted to him. Silas held that position. So when I finally get the chance to meet Brandon, I'm gonna see if he has any dirt on Silas. Brandon is waaaaay too girly acting for me to be attracted to. And strange my name is Brandon also!

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-05-01, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"
>I'm certainly not attracted to him. Silas held that position.

*** Ohhh, girlfriend, I hear ya!!! LOL!!! Welcome to the boards, and Happy Early Birthday!

Jonnycumlately 206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-04-01, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonnycumlately Click to send private message to Jonnycumlately Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-01 AT 07:34 PM (EST)

Gee a reality show contestant that's also a bartender. And they say Survivor III isn't original anymore...

I can't really see twink-ish Brandon working at a "leather bear" bar. That seems more like a Richard Hatch hangout to me.

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-04-01, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"
Depending on when Brandon started working there, I guess you can figure out his taste in men - Frank or Silas?

...or Tom. hehe Tom really fits the "bear" persona too. What a funny little couple that would be!

Bobbystareyes 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-05-01, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobbystareyes Click to send private message to Bobbystareyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Brandi Trivia"
What is Brandon's favorite drink?

Why a COCKTAIL, of course!

BobbyStarEyes

Bobbystareyes 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-05-01, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobbystareyes Click to send private message to Bobbystareyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Brandi Trivia"
What are Brandi's favorite baseball teams?

American League....The Yanks

National League....The Expos

BobbyStarEyes

Mercurial206 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-05-01, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mercurial206 Click to send private message to Mercurial206 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"

A little more info from my expertise: Until recently, TMC catered to a primarily "leather bear" crowd. For those of you who are unfamiliar with gay jargon, a leather bear is a really hairy guy (either fat or muscular) who wears and is turned on by leather. But about nine months ago I guess it was, they totally remodeled the bar to make it more appealing to a more attractive, younger crowd. Depending on when Brandon started working there, I guess you can figure out his taste in men - Frank or Silas?

I seriously doubt that the recent trends towards dismantling the more traditional/fetishistic types of gay bars (i.e. Leather, Western, Yuppie etc.) has anything to do with wanting to appeal to the personal tastes of the oh-so-important "attractive, and younger" crowd (who have no beer money and eventually get old and fat anyway - poetic justice)

In most major cities - the former fetish bars are welcoming newer and different kinds of patrons because it is a smart business move. BUT, the more important issue is - gay culture itself is evolving. There is no longer a true demand or need for dimly lit, smelly, extreme leather or bear type bars...the practice is exclusive and outdated -- newer generations of gay men have different wants and needs. Will this put an end to bars that attract patrons who resemble one another - no...but it will be less common.

I don't know...ask me tomorrow.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-05-01, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Brandon's Dallas Gay Bar"
If the bar serves good Hot Wings,... I don't care WHO'S bartending!

Just please... NOT LINDSEY!!!!

*wink*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •