The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Real or not?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-02-03, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Real or not?"
I got this in my mail today. Obviously, it could be faked, some like to play on others fears, but still, I thought Id pass it along just in case. My UPS guy is HOT, so itd be suspicious if someone else showed up anyway.

There has been a huge purchase, $32,000 worth, of United Parcel Service (UPS) uniforms on eBay over the last 30 days. This could represent a serious threat as bogus drivers can drop off anything to anyone with deadly consequences! If you have ANY questions when a UPS driver appears at your door, they should be able to furnish VALID I.D.. Additionally, if someone in a UPS uniform comes to make a drop off or pick up, make absolutely sure they are driving a UPS truck. UPS doesn't make deliveries or pickups in anything except a company vehicle. If you have a problem, IMMEDIATELY call your local law enforcement agency right away! TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY! Tell everyone in your office, family, friends, etc. Make people aware so that we can prepare and/or avoid terrorist attacks on our people! Thank you for your time in reviewing this and PLEASE send to EVERYONE on your list, even if they are friend or foe. We should all be aware!

''Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.''

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Real or not? Coconut 09-02-03 1
   RE: Real or not? Esbea 09-02-03 2
       RE: Real or not? Coconut 09-02-03 3
 Rumor nailbone 09-02-03 4
 RE: Real or not? Drive My Car 09-02-03 5
 so its fake.... Esbea 09-02-03 6
   RE: so its fake.... Drive My Car 09-02-03 7
       RE: so its fake.... Coconut 09-02-03 8
           RE: so its fake.... Drive My Car 09-02-03 11
   RE: so its fake.... Draco Malfoy 09-02-03 9
       LMAO! Esbea 09-02-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Real or not?"
Hoax.

The police would be involved if it were a real problem.

"Nobody will be free until nerd persecution ends"

09-02-03, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Real or not?"
but its not illegal just to buy the uniforms.....or am I missing your point?

''Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.''

09-02-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Real or not?"
I don't know whether it is illegal to buy the uniforms or not. There are probably some people who have tried the scam, so it's probably always a good idea to be careful. What makes me sure that it's a hoax is, number one, the alarmist tone of the message ("help prevent terrorist attacks on our people") and, number two, the fact that a serious warning would come from a reliable source like a government office or a police department. Any email warning that isn't computer related is likely false.

dudu 1998-2003

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Rumor"
http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/bl-ups-uniforms.htm

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Real or not?"
Fake

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/ups.asp

09-02-03, 09:23 AM (EST)
6. "so its fake...."
whose uniform would YOU swipe for a day? Id get a cops uniform and ticket the assholes who speed through my neighborhood in the morning. Someone almost hit a kid last week (actually ran over the kids lunchbox when he dropped it to run out of the way), and the cops wont sit here because they are all "tied up" in the mornings.

09-02-03, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: so its fake...."
Anyone who wants to pretend to be a Lunch Lady for the day, should talk to me, I can hook you up.

We're talking Chili Cheese Fries and Pizza people!!

09-02-03, 09:31 AM (EST)
8. "RE: so its fake...."
Want to switch for a day, buggy? I'll do Lunch Lady and you can do Crazy Cat Lady... it'd be fun!

Of course, you might have to help with that diagnostic grammar test I should be writing RIGHT NOW!

09-02-03, 09:37 AM (EST)
11. "RE: so its fake...."
LOL! I'd mess up the grammar thing, but I would trade to play with the Cats in a second!

I don't wanna go ta work

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: so its fake...."
and the cops wont sit here because they are all "tied up" in the mornings.

Sounds like an episode of Reno 911 to me.

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:327 Loss To Date:-12
"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

09-02-03, 09:35 AM (EST)
10. "LMAO!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-03 AT 09:37 AM (EST)

well, they said that everyone is either "on a call" or sitting in school zones. Funny thing is however, my ENTIRE neighborhood is in a school zone. Idiots cut through (even though its posted NO THRU TRAFFIC) to avoid the cops and the traffic signal on the main road.
Edited to add congrats to Draco on the 12!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •