The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-02-03, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love"
Once you fall in love, you love that person forever.

Thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love TechNoir 09-02-03 1
 RE: Love dabo 09-02-03 2
 RE: Love PepeLePew13 09-02-03 3
 Absolutely disagree SurvivinDawg 09-02-03 4
   Expanding on the point SurvivinDawg 09-02-03 10
       RE: Expanding on the point TechNoir 09-02-03 11
   ohmyheck i agree with sdawg ivoryElephant 09-02-03 20
 RE: Love Draco Malfoy 09-02-03 5
   What is Love Anyway? trigirl 09-02-03 7
 RE: Love Drive My Car 09-02-03 6
 Nu-uh Coconut 09-02-03 8
 Yes trigirl 09-02-03 9
 RE: Love colleenwannabe 09-02-03 12
 Nope... mistofleas 09-02-03 13
 No anotherkim 09-02-03 14
 Nope L82LIFE 09-02-03 15
   RE: Nope Esbea 09-02-03 17
 RE: Love samiam 09-02-03 16
   Love is a stain moonbaby 09-02-03 22
 that is, cqvenus 09-02-03 18
 RE: Love Devious Weasel 09-02-03 19
 No DoodleBug 09-02-03 21
 RE: Love Sunny_Bunny 09-02-03 23
   RE: Love mistofleas 09-02-03 24
       RE: Love Devious Weasel 09-02-03 25
           RE: Love mistofleas 09-02-03 26
               RE: Love Devious Weasel 09-02-03 27
                   RE: Love mistofleas 09-02-03 29
                       RE: Love Devious Weasel 09-02-03 30
           RE: Love nailbone 09-02-03 28
       RE: Love Sunny_Bunny 09-02-03 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-02-03, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love"
If you die young. Very young.

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love"
Undying eternal love is certainly possible, but it doesn't happen that way every time. And even if it did happen, that wouldn't preclude the possibility of it happening again.

SMILES ARE FREE

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love"
Nope... you'll get over it after a while. I certainly don't hold any fondness or love for my ex after all this time.

The problem is that the boyfriend isn't giving you the space you need to properly evaluate things -- if you're able to get some space and see things from a distance, it'll all become clearer.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Absolutely disagree"
Once you fall in love, you love that person forever.

While this may be true for some relationships, there are plenty where it absolutely isn't. I can think of two such relationships in my own life.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Expanding on the point"
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-03 AT 09:06 AM (EST)

Let me expand upon this:

The Greeks had three different words for "love". One is "agape", which translates to something like "Christian love" or "love for fellow man", "brotherly love", etc.

Then there's "eros", which translates to "physical love", i.e. sexual love, lust, etc. Physical attraction falls under this category.

Then there's the third word, which I can't remember right now , which translates to "true love", or marriage-like love.

And one of these types can be and often is mistaken for another.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Expanding on the point"
Eros - passionate love based on physical desire
Storge - familial love, like that for a sibling or child
Agape - love of God
Phileo - love of friends

I believe that the kind of love you, Sophie, are talking about is eros. I also believe the best relationships are based on a combination of friendship (phileo) and passion (eros).

And -- this is the most important part -- feeling love/affection for someone doesn't mean that they are good for you, that you have to be with them.

Y'know once upon a time there were women whose young men were killed in the war and who spent the next 60 years fading away in their parent's homes, pining for what was lost. We don't do that much any more. But if that is how you want to spend your life, you may. Or you may decide to get on with living. Your choice.

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-02-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "ohmyheck i agree with sdawg"
relationships change over time. some people grow together and their love grows stronger

others grow apart and go there seperate ways.

"I was fun out there? Boy, sugar, what show were you watching? The last time I had that much fun I was in full blown
labor!" -Janet Koth Survivor Amazon

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Love"
True. So the question needs to be asked, "What is Love?"

*Starts doing Night at the Roxbury head-bob dance*

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:327 Loss To Date:-12
"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-02-03, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "What is Love Anyway?"
I love you whether or not you love me
I love you even if you think that I don't
Sometimes I find you doubt my love for you, but I don't mind
Why should I mind, Why should I mind

Chorus
What is Love anyway, does anybody love anybody anyway
What is Love anyway, does anybody love anybody anyway

Can anybody love anyone so much that they will never fear
Never worry never be sad
The answer is they cannot love this much nobody can
This is why I don't mind you doubting

And maybe love is letting people be just what they want to be
The door always must be left unlocked
To love when circumstance may lead someone away from you
And not to spend the time just doubting

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Love"
Actually that isn't true. Once you fall in love with someone it doesn't always last forever, nor do you love them forever.

Yes I have been in love with people who I do still have love for, am fond of, though I am no longer *in* love with them. And I have Loved people who the very thought them of makes me ill. And one man who put me on such an emotional roller coaster that years later I still had nightmares about him. I allowed this person to emotionally abuse and threaten me for a year, because he said he loved me.
That isn't love.

*does the head bop dance in the corner with Draco*

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Nu-uh"

Emotionally linked, yes. Love, not necessarily.

"Nobody will be free until nerd persecution ends"

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-02-03, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Yes"
I believe that once you love someone, a part of you will always love them. My DH and I have argued this one over and over again. This does not mean that I am carrying a torch for any of my exes, in fact, some of them were horrible in the end. But I once opened up my heart to them and remember how that was and have filed those memories away.

Choose to remember the good and then move on.

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-02-03, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Love"
Love is like a garden. In order for it to grow and be maintained, it needs to be watered and weeded. It does not flourish if it is neglected, poisoned, or if someone uses a backhoe to uproot all of its tender shoots.

Lovingly suggested,

Mari

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Nope..."
Love is a choice.

Would you choose to continue to be with someone who has hurt you, humiliated you, gone out of his way to cause you pain and embarrassement and used you as a doormat?

Would you choose to keep someone in your heart who has obvious distain for you as a human being?

Would you choose to allow someone to play the yo-yo game with your emotions to the complete detriment of your self esteem, your idea of self worth?

If so, then you weren't in love in the first place.

--freeling giving her opinion since 1971

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "No"
I care about what happens to them, i.e, I don't want them to get hit by a bus, but I am not **in love** with them and can't ever see that happening.

Distance from the relationship always helped me get a better perspective on it. I couldn't rationally discuss either of my other serious relationships for months. Now I can see the flaws and understand why they were not healthy for either of us.

I love MANY people. I love people that I have never been in love with. I think Dawg and Tech explained it best. There are different kinds of love and different emotions that go along with them.

But, bottom line, is NO. Falling in love with someone when you're 16 or 21 or 25 doesn't mean that you will love them for the rest of your life. Care, sure. Love? Not unless you grow together.

--has had this discussion with way too many 17 year olds who thought they were in love for life

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Nope"
I think that if it's real, true love, you will always have a special place in your heart for that person. Not to say that you'll stay in love with them, though.

I think we use the "love" label too easily. I can remember when I was younger and thought that I loved a few men. Now that I'm with Mr. L8 and know what true love really is, I realize that what I felt wasn't love, but infatuation. True love takes time, work, and acceptance of the other person's faults.

But even true love can vanish over time if it's not taken care of. That's why our divorce rate is so high.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Nope"
True love takes time, work, and acceptance of the other person's faults.

Not to speak for L8, but Im pretty sure she ISNT including abusive, lying, esteem crushing behaviors here.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Love"
I fell in love once. Took me forever to get the stain out.

probably shouldn't have used Monica's dry cleaner

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Love is a stain"
Somewhere there has to be a country song with lyrics about cloroxing my heart

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "that is, "
unless they beat the living piss out of you. or sleep with your mother. then, I'd suppose, you'd not love that person forever.

- unless you're crazy and then you still do

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Love"
The only thing I have to add is that oftentimes what we think was love turns out to be something else, usually indigestion. As new relationships come along, you find yourself looking back and saying “What was I thinking?” This guy is bad news. He doesn’t love you; he probably doesn’t even know how to love anyone. The sooner you are away from him the better, and the sooner you are away from him the quicker your heart will heal. It's harsh advice, but you need to DUMP THIS CHUMP!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "No"
You don't love them forever. Soon another will come along in your life, you will fall in love, and then it will hit you like a ton of bricks! So THIS is what love is all about.

I still hold on to memories of boyfriends of yesteryear, but none compare to the love of my life.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Love"
Sorry, I just had to put my two cents worth in here. *blush*

First thing Sophie, Love is supposed to make you feel good. You obviously have never really felt good in this relationship, and that's because he was not giving you real love. I'm not saying you feel good all the time, but even when you argue, or things go wrong, if it's real love you trust that you can be angry and hurt--but still loved. From the sound of it, when the bad times hit, you felt like you were on quicksand, and didnt trust that love would be there to stabalize you.

Love is based on three things...Truth, respect and kindness. If you don't have all of them, it does'nt last. Yes, you and your partner will grow at different rates, but if the foundation is there, you allow the one that is lagging time to catch up--but you DONT allow yourself to be demeaned in the process, because frankly, then the respect is not there, and it certainly isnt kind.

Someday you will encounter real love, and you will look back on this and wonder what the devil you were thinking. This will happen for you. But you have got to demand truth, respect, and kindness from anyone you are involved with.

Good luck sweetie-
~Bun

09-02-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Love"
Well put bunny honey, well put!

But you have got to demand truth, respect, and kindness from anyone you are involved with.

*knocks on bunny's door*

Hello, I'm here demanding truth, respect and kindnes. Love me bunny! Love me!!

--wanted to be the first to put in a bid for bunny love

09-02-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Love"
Don't you have your own kidnes?

09-02-03, 03:39 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Love"
Don't you have your own kidnes?

Well, we're all supposed to have 2 kidneys but for some reason I only got one. I was hoping that someone would give me one of theirs.

Pfffttt to dweezel for pointing out one of my spelling faults. I was doing so well convincing everyone I was perfect!

--really does have 2 kidneys

09-02-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Love"
But if you needed one, you could have one of mine. I have a bunch of spares in the fridge at home.

09-02-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Love"
Make me a steak and kidney pie and I'm yours baby!

--will bring the ketchup

09-02-03, 03:47 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Love"
If you insist.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Love"
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-03 AT 03:44 PM (EST)

Can you demand truth, respect and kidneys?

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-03, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Love"
I love you, Misto, smooch!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •