The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Games Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-18-08, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-08 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

Come one, come all! The Office Pool is officially open for business for Season 17, that is!! First off, a hearty congratulations to our Half-A$$ Champion Ctgirl and Runner-up . They have each won two years in a row!!! Question is, can they three-peat? Time.will.tell!

Here's your chance to jump in! The water's perfect.

Like last season, we'll be playing The Office Pool: Gabon by dividing you up into two tribes – The Red tribe and the Yellow tribe. As long as there are two tribes on the show, there will be two tribes in the Office Pool. Tribes will be determined by your Lifeguard on Duty after the first show airs.

The way the tribe play will work is that when the Entry Thread is posted, the first player to pick will get the most points while the last player to pick will get the least amount of points. If there are 20 people in the game, the first player will get 20 points while the last player to pick will get 1 point.

Next, all the points will be added up and whichever team has the most accumulated points will win those points as a tribe bonus!

After the tribes merge in the real game, the tribes will merge in The Office Pool. The same scoring will apply. First pick gets the most points, second points next ... last pick gets the least points. So, if there are ten in the game, first pick would get 10 points and last pick would get 1 point.

This game will continue to remain quite simple. Like most Office Pools, all you have to do to get by each week is pick a survivor. Each week, I may or may not provide you with several opportunites for you to earn bonus points. These will be very easy and will depend on actions that your survivor might perform or take part in during the week’s episode.

So come on in friends and DAWs, gather round the Office water cooler, and let me explain how the The Office Pool: Earth’s Last Eden
is played.

The Rules:
1. Each week, the Lifeguard on Duty will post the week’s Entry Thread at Random times. Your job will be to post in this thread each week. You must put a survivor's name in your subject line. If you do not get an entry in before 7 pm the day of the show, you WILL be booted out of the game. Sorry Charlie! Your task is to pick the Survivor who you think will earn the most points for the week WITHOUT quitting the show or getting voted out at Tribal Council.

2. Scoring: You will get points if your survivor wins a team or individual Immunity; wins a team or individual Reward; finds a hidden Immunity Idol; or is exiled. You will lose points each time your Survivor opts for a luxury item instead of the clue to the hidden immunity idol.

You will receive an additional bonus if you correctly guess the number of confessionals your Survivor has each week. This bonus is called the “Hit the Nail on the Head Bonus.” When counting confessionals, the Hostess counts each time the survivor is shown talking directly to the camera (with or without their
name shown).

As mentioned above, you will also have the opportunity to win or lose Bonus points throughout the season through random actions that your survivor may do during the episode.

3. If your survivor gets voted out or quits, you are eliminated from the game. Always. There will be no Immunity. You may NEVER pick the same survivor two weeks in a row. If you do this, you will always be booted from the game!

4. I will post the entry threads at random times some time before the Wednesday before the show. The picking will be in a musical chairs-type fashion – first come, first pick and so on. ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE BY 7 PM EST ON THE DAY THE SHOW AIRS. If you must be out of town for some reason and cannot make your pick, please pm me in advance with your top three pick choices and I will make your pick for you. You may do this ONCE a season. If you have to ask me to do it a second time, it will cost you 50 pts. A third time will cost you 100 pts., and so on.

5. Points and Leaderboards will be posted each week by yours truly in a prompt manner.

6. This game is open to as many players that want to play. If there are more players than survivors playing, than each Survivor may be picked twice. Please put a “1” or a “2” behind your Survivor’s name in your subject line. Once the last survivor has been picked a second time, the game is closed to new players.

7. Once you pick a survivor, you may not change your pick.. So be alert! If you do this, than you shall receive a 25-point penalty.

8. Occasional discrepancies or oversights in scoring are few and far between, but sometimes can and do occur. If you have a concern or question about your score, kindly PM the Hostess. You will find me very open and usually agreeable.

These are the rules.

And in The Office Pool Creator OhmyHeck's words ... "Why is it official? Because I said so."

In the spirit of the game, I will do my best as Hostess to make this fun and fair!

Welcome to the Pool – it’s time to start swimming with the sharks elephants and crocs! No need to sign up here – just keep your eyes peeled for the Week 1 Entry Thread. Hope to see you all swimming in the pool this season!

And a huge shout out of gratitude to my good friend Tribephyl for all of the stunning
Office Pool Graphics this season! THANK YOU!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... vince3 09-18-08 1
   RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... byoffer 09-19-08 5
   RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... Scarlett O Hara 09-19-08 6
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... SpotTheDifference 09-18-08 2
   RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... Survivor Maniac 09-19-08 3
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... agman 09-19-08 4
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... byoffer 09-19-08 7
   RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... dreamerbeliever 09-19-08 10
       RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... byoffer 09-19-08 12
           RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... tribephyl 09-21-08 16
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... Corvis 09-19-08 8
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... Max Headroom 09-19-08 9
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... taffnic 09-19-08 11
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... suzzee 09-19-08 13
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... suzzee 09-20-08 14
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... kircon 09-20-08 15
 RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last E... MJewel 09-21-08 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-08, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
I'm in, but I have a question.

Can it be that we can finally pick the same Survivor 2 weeks in a row?

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
That would spoil part of the strategy of the game!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
No survivor can ever be picked 2 weeks in a row! This will always = an automatic boot from the game!

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-18-08, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
1. I'd like to join.

2. I'd like to have whatever that elephant is smoking.

Survivor Maniac 1295 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-19-08, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Maniac Click to send private message to Survivor%20Maniac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
I would love to play!

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
I'd love to join

09-19-08, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
Oh sure, Tribe does great work. But the elephant under the waterfall replacing the lovely Scarlett in her red lifeguard bikini? Not a good trade!

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
Can tribe squeeze the elephant into a bikini? Now that would be hot! I'm in lovely Scarlett.

09-19-08, 11:04 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"

I'm sure Tribe would do it better.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-08, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
wallah...

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
I want to play.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
I never make it past the midpoint of this game, but it's always fun while it lasts. Sign me up, please.

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
I'm in.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-08, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
Oh boy, stoner elephant! I'm in.

Another great Tribe creation! 2008BB10

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-08, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-08 AT 09:12 AM (EST)

opps wrong thread, nothing to see, move along.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-08, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
The pool looks so inviting but I'm going sit on the shore this season Miss Scarlett.

You do look wonderful in your new hat and suit. Don't forget to apply lotion. I'm sure one of the great looking players over on the beach would love to help.

Have fun everyone!

MJewel 1951 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-21-08, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Office Pool: Earth's Last Eden"
I'm in .

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •