The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"finding a life coach"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lisah1964 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-29-05, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lisah1964 Click to send private message to lisah1964 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"finding a life coach"
I would love to find a local life coach to work with. Anyone know of a good resource for finding a qualified person?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: finding a life coach Beebop123 12-29-05 1
 RE: finding a life coach MovinOnUp 12-29-05 2
   RE: finding a life coach lovelucila 12-29-05 3
 RE: finding a life coach SOfan0221 12-29-05 4
   RE: finding a life coach Soupy 12-30-05 5
 RE: finding a life coach Astralynn 12-30-05 6
   RE: finding a life coach OklaBlue 12-30-05 7
   RE: finding a life coach Soupy 12-30-05 8
       Astralynn Astralynn 12-31-05 9
           RE: Astralynn Soupy 12-31-05 10
               RE: Astralynn OklaBlue 12-31-05 11
                   RE: Astralynn Soupy 12-31-05 12
               RE: Astralynn Astralynn 01-01-06 13
                   RE: Astralynn OklaBlue 01-01-06 14
                       RE: Astralynn Soupy 01-01-06 16
                           RE: Astralynn OklaBlue 01-01-06 17
                               RE: Astralynn Soupy 01-02-06 18
                   RE: Astralynn SOfan0221 01-01-06 15
           RE: Astralynn pegasustt 01-02-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Beebop123 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-29-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Beebop123 Click to send private message to Beebop123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: finding a life coach"
You can try Rhonda's life coach directory on her site: http://www.fearlessliving.org/support_system/get_a_coach or you can just do a Google search for "life coach" and you should be able to find a number of them listed.

When you visit the link on Rhonda's site you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on one of two options: 1) See an alphabetical directory. 2) Have a coach contact you.

Candace Love and Martha Pasternack are two really good coaches on Rhonda's site.

Good Luck!

MovinOnUp 28 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MovinOnUp Click to send private message to MovinOnUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: finding a life coach"
Hi Lisah...

Iyanla also has coaches trained through her institute...her coaches use spiritual principle as a foundation and so are a bit different than a standard coach. Here's that link:

http://www.innervisionsworldwide.com/fourth_tier/coaching_personnel.htm

For a more standard type coach, you can also look up the "International Coaching Federation" and "Coach U" both of which can give you referrals to their coaches.

Just general thoughts and information when looking for a coach:

You should have a goal or objective in mind. While you may deal with issues surrounding that (depends on the coach how much depth you'll get into), coaching is a goal centered process.

Many coaches (most in my experience)work over the phone and through email. If you want face-to-face interaction, make sure to do a local search.

Fees vary widely...make sure you understand what is included for your fees. i.e. a weekly call of 45 minutes and 2 10 minute follow-up calls, etc. What is the cost of "emergency support," etc?

Once you are sure you feel comfortable with your coach (some will do free introductory sessions), it is a good idea to commit to a number of sessions up front (6-8)...often this requires payment up front. The reason for this is that it supports you in moving through your resistance and being invested in the process.

Speaking of resistance: you will encounter some...if you're not, you're not stretching. A good coach will be prepared for this and will support you in moving through.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a personal message and I'll do the best I can to answer them.

Be Blessed.

lovelucila 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-29-05, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovelucila Click to send private message to lovelucila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: finding a life coach"
You can also go to www.anthonyrobbins.com

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-29-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: finding a life coach"
Last I knew Kimmie Bookout (Kimmie-Wimmie as Towanda always called her) was studying under Iyanla to be a life coach.

You can have it all, a life coach and a shopping coach.

Actually I am just kidding, I would not wish Kim as a life coach on anyone.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Soupy 57 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-05, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Soupy Click to send private message to Soupy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: finding a life coach"
Hey SOfan... You crack me up! In a good way.... I like your sense of humor. You go girl!

Astralynn 26 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Astralynn Click to send private message to Astralynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: finding a life coach"
>I would love to find a
>local life coach to work
>with. Anyone know of a
>good resource for finding a
>qualified person?

Is there such a thing as a 'qualified' life coach? There are no federal or state regulations and no licensing requirements. This makes me wonder if anyone hiring a life coach could be just throwing their money away. ANYONE can hang out a shingle as a 'life coach'. I could do it easily, and probably do a much better job than RB or IV. (I did something similar for years with fostering troubled teens.) I would be very careful hiring someone who claimed to be a 'life coach', because you could end up being taken to the cleaners and the only thing you might end up learning is that there are people out there who want to take your money and give you nothing of substance in return.

On the other hand, do you really need a life coach? Or do you just need a little help getting started doing what you know you need to do? Once upon a time (within my lifetime), when someone needed a little help, they went to family, friends, their minister or other church members. They didn't need psychiatrists or life coaches. They just went to someone they trusted for a sympathetic ear or a kick in the pants to get them going. In many ways the advent of life coaches reflects on the lack of extended family, true friendship, and how disconnected the 'community' has become in the last 30-40 years. When I was younger when someone was messing up their lives, someone intervened. Often it was a favorite aunt or uncle or a grandparent. Believe it or not, when I was in school, guidance counselors were actually available to the students to discuss any problems the student may be having--school related or not. I've had a lot of time to think, since I haven't been watching the show during reruns (I couldn't face watching Allison do anything except LEAVE!) I can't exactly put my finger on why and when our society became so selfish and self-centered, but I do know that the explosions of 'helper' professions shows that, as a society, we are not available to even our family and friends to do what was once simply a matter of course, helping each other. And it makes me sad.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-30-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: finding a life coach"
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-05 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

"Once upon a time (within my lifetime), when someone needed a little help, they went to family, friends, their minister or other church members. They didn't need psychiatrists or life coaches. They just went to someone they trusted for a sympathetic ear or a kick in the pants to get them going."

Astralynn: Wow did you hit the nail on the head! Kids today are left too much on their own. How are they supposed to learn life stuff without the parents or family close. Then you have to go pay for it??? Every thing is the easy way. Sometimes you can just go figure it out yourself with a little work. Not going to someone to hold your hand and stick life at you on a silver platter.

----

A second thought...wait a couple months and Allison will be an LC.

12-30-05, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Soupy Click to send private message to Soupy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: finding a life coach"

>the lack of extended family,
>true friendship, and how disconnected
>the 'community' has become in
>the last 30-40 years.

>even our family and friends
>to do what was once
>simply a matter of course,
>helping each other. And
>it makes me sad.

I edidted your post. if you don't mind- for length.
( mine have been too long lately...lol)

Touche` Poster Buddy! As Blue agree's; "You nailed it!"
Thank You for sharing your insight. I personally feel that you are right on the money! ( no punn intended.)
I once respected 'the process' shown on the Show.
I now see it all so much clearer in my observations. Unfortunately, I choose to give it very little validity now.
( I was really in to it from the beginning , til this past season- Like night and day! I.M.H.O.)

If it helps some viewers and H.G.'s- I say go for it- 'So be it'...
What is scary to me is how detatched so many people have become in our world/society.generally speaking. I even notice it as much in my church. They are looking right at a person- and they are NOT present! I see so many blank stares and indifference.
( I'm almost to the max age of the viewer statistics that are posted on the official site. So, I've been around awhile too! I had some awesome school councelors as well. ) The world is deffinately changing! I too, am also very sad indeed...
GREAT OBSERVATIONS!
Peace~

12-31-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Astralynn Click to send private message to Astralynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Astralynn"
>
>I edidted your post. if you
>don't mind- for length.
>( mine have been too long
>lately...lol)

(me, too!)

>What is scary to me is
>how detatched so many people
>have become in our world/society.generally
>speaking. I even notice it
>as much in my church.
>They are looking right at
>a person- and they are
>NOT present! I see so
>many blank stares and indifference.
>
> ( I'm almost to the
>max age of the viewer
>statistics that are posted on
>the official site. So, I've
>been around awhile too!
>I had some awesome school
>councelors as well. ) The
>world is deffinately changing!
>I too, am also very
>sad indeed...
> GREAT OBSERVATIONS!
>Peace~

I am also close to that upper age. (I guess you probably figured that out from my earlier post.) Yes, the world is changing, but NOT for the better. And SO is a good example of the changes. The scariest thing for me is the fact that many of the problems these women have should have been treated or dealt with by professionals long before they reached the SO house. As someone else pointed out, everyone these days is looking for the quick fix. Marriage troubled--get a divorce, feeling bad or down--pop a pill, got debts--file bankruptcy. Sometimes though, there isn't a quick fix. SO runs on the premise that people can make serious life changes in a few weeks. It just doesn't happen that way, at least not for serious problems like this season's HG have had, except Jessica. Jessica was easy--she just needed permission to grieve, and then she could move on. IMHO, they should have stuck to women with surface issues like that, and the show would have been a resounding success. Now it is bogged down with HG with deep-seated problems that really need professional help, and they just aren't qualified to deal with those kinds of problems. And so, the show is slowly sinking and will probably be cancelled as viewers like me start to drift away. In truth, I am not sure I'm going to be watching after the reruns. I'm not sure I can deal with it any longer.

12-31-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Astralynn"
I couldn't agree more ASTRA! I feel exactly the same way as you stated.
I was raped and a murder was involved. Within a year after preliminary hearings and both rape and murder trials ending eventually. I found myself a mess - emotionally. I was drained, confused. I kept on a goin' though... No one wanted to let me talk about my feelings or the experience. ( It made them uncomfortable, I discovered. Especially my Family, oddly enough. So I shut down my own feelings.(I later realized.) In the mean time, I had 2 children to raise and I rose above it all....so I thought! Within a year after all the drama was over, I was a wreck. It wasn't ovious to a stranger. No nervous breakdown and such. I was broken and scared to death. Just a mess in many different areas. I sought out treatment. The good Lord led me to an extremely positive and helpful professional psychiatrist. I saw him regularly for 4 years. I feel that I no longer have the victim mentally. Forgiveness was an important part of my healing.( among other things) I still have trust issues but basically I am no longer ashamed and feel guilt, even though I was the innocent victim. Another lady died in this tradgedy and their family wondered why she died and I didn't. It was all in the press. ( easy to answer that one now, but back then it was the most difficcult time in my life.) I am not seeking attention nor sympathy by sharing this here now. I am just more sensitive to what I view on the Staring Over Show. The only thing I have gotten from watching the show faithfully, is that; A/ Do not see my kindness as weakness. B/ Also, the scarlet letter excersise. It had a profound effect on me. It is so true, if we're willing to eccept the truth, that we are all imperfect and have made mistakes too in life. So, I try not to be judgemental. Some circumstances, it's a challenge, as there are some strange people in this world and the "takers" who would love to abuse what my doctor refers to is our 'Meta-messages"... In English...What our body language and unconsous behavior is percieved by others. Specifically, those who are preditors. Other then that, I just be myself and an very cautious but with an open heart. I can now enjoy my life and am at peace with it. I claim it all in the name of Jesus Christ and my Faith in God. That and with the guidance of a man who was in my life for a Season, to help me through it all. ( a gift from God )I could not of done it all on my own. It was too traumatic of an event. I have found the entire experience to be a learning proscess. I am now a better person because of it all.
Thanks for sharing your input 'Astralyn'... You inspired me to share some of my own thoughts. Thanks! You seem to be very in tuned with reality/the real world. Refreshing...
I wish you well. God Bless.
Respectfully, ~ Soupy
PEACE

12-31-05, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Astralynn"
LAST EDITED ON 12-31-05 AT 07:56 PM (EST)

Soupy you are blessed! Thank goodness you found a good psychiatrist instead of one of these LC types. Took you 4 years, and a good shrink can accomplish things quickly! If you'd been on SO, you'd be in the 10th season probably.
You are a Survivor and an overcomer. I appreciate your statement of faith and trust in God. Isn't it nice to know you can rely on God. Look upward, not inward. It's the lifeline that you don't have to pay for.

12-31-05, 09:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Astralynn"
>LAST EDITED ON 12-31-05
>AT 07:56 PM (EST)

>
>Soupy you are blessed! Thank
>goodness you found a good
>psychiatrist instead of one of
>these LC types. Took
>you 4 years, and a
>good shrink can accomplish things
>quickly! If you'd been
>on SO, you'd be in
>the 10th season probably.
>You are a Survivor and an
>overcomer. I appreciate your
>statement of faith and trust
>in God. Isn't it
>nice to know you can
>rely on God. Look
>upward, not inward.

It's
>the lifeline that you don't
>have to pay for.

AMEN TO THAT!
Thank You for your encouraging words of kindness...
( Philip. 4:13 )

01-01-06, 01:42 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Astralynn"
> I was raped and
>a murder was involved. Within
>a year after preliminary hearings
>and both rape and murder
>trials ending eventually. I found
>myself a mess - emotionally.
>I was drained, confused. I
>kept on a goin' though...
>No one wanted to let
>me talk about my feelings
>or the experience. ( It
>made them uncomfortable, I discovered.
>Especially my Family, oddly enough.
>So I shut down my
>own feelings.(I later realized.) In
>the mean time, I had
>2 children to raise and
>I rose above it all....so
>I thought! Within a year
>after all the drama was
>over, I was a wreck.
>It wasn't ovious to a
>stranger. No nervous breakdown and
>such. I was broken and
>scared to death. Just a
>mess in many different areas.
>I sought out treatment.

OMG, Soupy, chills went down my spine when I read the above quoted phrases!!! The reason why: I have been through just about the EXACT SAME THING! Rape, attempted murder, and another woman killed that was related to the case. I also did not get justice. (The case was dismissed on a technicality.) I also married and had 2 kids and thought I had risen above what happened to me. My family also was uncomfortable with what had happened to me, which caused me to bury my feelings. One difference between us is that I broke my back a year and a half after the rape and attempted murder and became physically disabled, although not wheelchair bound yet. For me, it was 9/11 that brought my PTSD to the fore and made me realize that I needed treatment. Unfortunately for me, over 25 years had passed and I have been only too good at keeping my feelings in check. I have not been able to progress in treatment yet. I do know that one day I will be able to break through and finally heal.

You know, Soupy, I thought what happened to me was so fantastic that it would be just about impossible that anyone else could have gone through the same thing. Your story does give me hope that I will heal someday. If nothing else, SO has allowed me to know that I am not alone in my life-altering experiences. That means so much to me.

01-01-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Astralynn"
LAST EDITED ON 01-01-06 AT 10:59 AM (EST)

Believe in destiny? You two should email each other for support and be your own best LC! Best of luck!

01-01-06, 11:21 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Astralynn"
>LAST EDITED ON 01-01-06
>AT 10:59 AM (EST)

>
>Believe in destiny? You two
>should email each other for
>support and be your own
>best LC! Best of
>luck!

Bless your heart Oklablue... Ya know I think you're right! I did just that! I sent a private message as you suggested.
Why can't we both make something terrible- turn positive, perhaps by support and sharing.(?) Ya never know? Can't hurt!
The Lord does work in mysterious ways!
Thanks for the supportive post. ( Big Hug!)

P.S. Not sure if some may of read between the lines, but I felt the need to mention regarding my previous post, that I did indeed get full Justice in my case. In both my rape trial ( 3 years )- and the murder trial, he was found guilty. I was a witness in the murder trial as well. "GUILTY!" on the murder trial - he got LIFE! ( Ironically, He died 5 years later in prison- throat cancer- He strangled us both. (I survived.) Sad to say that, he was a relative- on my husband's side, married into the family.
Ya just never know....
I continue to have trust issues but I now can reach out to people and feel a sense of safety. ( in majority of circumstances.) I enjoy people again. The Lord has work for me to do!

"Should old aquaintance be forgot...and never brought to mind....." da,da,da,da,da,da,da,da....da, Days Of Auld Lang Syne". Have a Blessed and Healthy 06!

01-01-06, 11:48 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Astralynn"
LAST EDITED ON 01-01-06 AT 11:49 PM (EST)

OMG - throat cancer? How appropriate since he strangled you! And died in prison, guess that was a life sentence - and he went to H#LL faster. And, he was not really a relative, only by marriage. Dam# inlaws!

Well, see I was thinking of you, and made (hopefully) two people happier, plus I am smiling! Happy New Year. And it's only January 1st!

01-02-06, 00:11 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Astralynn"
LAST EDITED ON 01-02-06 AT 00:13 AM (EST)

>Dam# inlaws!

You are tooo funny!... 'OKLABLUE'..... 'Aint it the truth?'

( What you said- is EXACTLY what the daughter of my husband's Aunt said, when they all got together after his death...( HER QUOTE.)
"THE CANCER WAS MY MOTHER COMING BACK TO LIFE AND KILLING HIM THE SAME WAY HE KILLED HER."
Truth can often be stranger then fiction, huh?
Well, nuff said bout' that...

See ya later board Buddy!

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-01-06, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Astralynn"
Soupy and Astrylynn, blessings to both of you, you are both definately survivors. The reality of life is that no matter what life throws us (good or bad) we still have to survive day to day.

I also agree that I was much more into the healing aspect in season 1 and 2, now in season 3 it is much more like reality tv than women helping women.

But I am still totally hooked on the show....

pegasustt 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-02-06, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pegasustt Click to send private message to pegasustt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Astralynn"
I think this thread is what this board should be used for. this helped bring 2 people together that can be great friends for life and help each other. Its like IV said telling your story helps you heal and will help someone else heal. isnt' this just wonderful you 2 found each other. I'm so happy for you two!

i'm still trying to work my nerve up to post my story it helps me a little bit to see other people post theirs.

Please you all lets do more of this on this board.

Sincerely,
Teresa T

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •