The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Pinkster 159 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-28-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pinkster Click to send private message to Pinkster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
I had noticed through TV that Today TVOne was supposed to air the episode where "someone" broke into the house.

Even at 6 AM this morning, the guide said this episode was to air and I had scheduled to record it at 8 AM.

Later on today I went to watch it, and the program had been changed and as far as I can see... they are skipping over the "break in" episode at the other times that S.O. airs.

It seems that BM is intentionally avoiding running this episode.

I think their reluctance to air this show adds to the speculation that Sommer really did break in ... and for most likely legal reasons, BM won't let those episodes be shown.

What do you think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. Santaklaws 12-28-05 1
 RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. L_11 12-28-05 2
 RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. AshLanie 12-28-05 3
   RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. Pinkster 12-29-05 8
       RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. AshLanie 12-29-05 12
 RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. pegasustt 12-28-05 4
   RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. DedeV 12-29-05 5
       RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. pegasustt 12-29-05 6
           RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. Pinkster 12-29-05 10
           RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. DedeV 12-30-05 14
               RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. pegasustt 12-30-05 17
       RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. Pinkster 12-29-05 9
 RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. OklaBlue 12-29-05 7
   RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. Pinkster 12-29-05 11
       RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. AshLanie 12-29-05 13
           RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. DedeV 12-30-05 15
               RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. pegasustt 12-30-05 18
               RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. DedeV 01-02-06 20
                   RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. pegasustt 01-02-06 21
       RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. AshLanie 12-30-05 16
           RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.. pegasustt 12-30-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Santaklaws 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-28-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Santaklaws Click to send private message to Santaklaws Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
Hmmm ... veddy interesting dear Watson! I think you may be on to something there.

L_11 198 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L_11 Click to send private message to L_11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
Alls I can say, is that none of that was ever explained. Not the break-in, not who else was involved (there were two people in the room giggling to one another, remember), not the whole who-told-Renee-they-were-talking-about-her-in-the-van thing (though it was clearly implied that Production told Sommer who told Renee), not even why Sommer got kicked out, at least not to my satisfaction. Because she kept *talking* to the production people?? Anyone watching THIS season knows that's not sufficient reason to get kicked off the show.

Yet, Sommer's website shows her slim, beautiful, happy as a clam and still hangin' out with the other SO girls. If I'd been disgraced like that on national TV, I'd spend the rest of my life in the closet. I'd at least be pi$$ed.

Yes. Ve-e-e-e-eddy interesting, indeed.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-28-05, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
>I had noticed through TV that
>Today TVOne was supposed to
>air the episode where "someone"
>broke into the house.
>
>Even at 6 AM this morning,
>the guide said this episode
>was to air and I
>had scheduled to record it
>at 8 AM.
>
>Later on today I went to
>watch it, and the program
>had been changed and as
>far as I can see...
>they are skipping over the
>"break in" episode at the
>other times that S.O. airs.
>
>
>It seems that BM is intentionally
>avoiding running this episode.
>
>I think their reluctance to air
>this show adds to the
>speculation that Sommer really did
>break in ... and for
>most likely legal reasons, BM
>won't let those episodes be
>shown.
>
>What do you think?

It is being left out this go around because it was badly scripted in for added drama.

A lot of people spoke out about how badly it was scripted and how the scene of the empty bedroom wasn't even from the night of the so called breakin.

Also alot questioned why, if there are still cameras all over the place, why none caught two people moving around.

All it was: Was a script that was teribly written in.

I wonder if the two soap opera writers, they ahd on staff last season, are still on staff......after that episode would think they got fired.

12-29-05, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pinkster Click to send private message to Pinkster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
LAST EDITED ON 12-29-05 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

>It is being left out this
>go around because it was
>badly scripted in for added
>drama.
>
>A lot of people spoke out
>about how badly it was
>scripted and how the scene
>of the empty bedroom wasn't
>even from the night of
>the so called breakin.
>
>Also alot questioned why, if there
>are still cameras all over
>the place, why none caught
>two people moving around.
>
>All it was: Was a script
>that was teribly written in.
>

Nope. Don't buy that explaination.

1) Denise, on her website stated that they've been told by the legal department to keep their mouths shut re the break in and Sommer. And she specifically mentions the break in AND Sommer in the same sentence ... CLEARLY indicating that they are connected (while trying to avoid outright saying so.)

To Quote her:

"SOMMER, WHAT HAPPENED WITH HER GETTING KICKED OUT, THE BREAK IN?
I am pleading the 6th. I assume she means the 5th That's the amendment that states: Anything I say regarding Sommer's dismissal can and will be used against me by the Starting Over Legal Department."

2) The ramifications of B/M asking/telling the TV stations (who buy a certain number of episodes for a certain price ahead of time - syndication) NOT to air certain episodes would take a lot of legal wrangling that would potentially cost them a lot of money.

Seems like an awful lot to sacrifice for a little bit of "extra" drama.

And come on. There's a BIG difference between a little bit of "winking" and "acknowleging" the production crew... and actually sleeping with/overtly seducing them despite being told to STOP.

12-29-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
>LAST EDITED ON 12-29-05
>AT 07:25 PM (EST)

>
>>It is being left out this
>>go around because it was
>>badly scripted in for added
>>drama.
>>
>>A lot of people spoke out
>>about how badly it was
>>scripted and how the scene
>>of the empty bedroom wasn't
>>even from the night of
>>the so called breakin.
>>
>>Also alot questioned why, if there
>>are still cameras all over
>>the place, why none caught
>>two people moving around.
>>
>>All it was: Was a script
>>that was teribly written in.
>>
>
>
>Nope. Don't buy that explaination.
>
>
>1) Denise, on her website stated
>that they've been told by
>the legal department to keep
>their mouths shut re the
>break in and Sommer.
>And she specifically mentions the
>break in AND Sommer in
>the same sentence ... CLEARLY
>indicating that they are connected
>(while trying to avoid outright
>saying so.)

>
>To Quote her:
>
>"SOMMER, WHAT HAPPENED WITH HER GETTING
>KICKED OUT, THE BREAK IN?
>
>I am pleading the 6th. I
>assume she means the 5th

>That's the amendment that states:
>Anything I say regarding Sommer's
>dismissal can and will be
>used against me by the
>Starting Over Legal Department."
>

>2) The ramifications of B/M asking/telling
>the TV stations (who buy
>a certain number of episodes
>for a certain price ahead
>of time - syndication) NOT
>to air certain episodes would
>take a lot of legal
>wrangling that would potentially cost
>them a lot of money.
>
>
>Seems like an awful lot to
>sacrifice for a little bit
>of "extra" drama.
>
>And come on. There's a
>BIG difference between a little
>bit of "winking" and "acknowleging"
>the production crew... and actually
>sleeping with/overtly seducing them despite
>being told to STOP.

I still believe the break in was for drama....IF there was a bonefide break in, there would ahve been atleast a newspaper article regaridng it and none (and many of use researched it) was made.

It was also insinuated that anther was with her during the break in.....(the so called showing of the two empty beds) so what's up with that? Why is it ONLY Sommer being accused of it?

The security guard said he heard giggling.....another point that two housemates were together.....but were they breaking in or jsut having a late night chat?

Come on-the show was in Holywood, it would ahve made the news.

Local reality show has a break in.....highlights at 11.

And there are soap opera writers on staff for the S.O. show...why ahve them if they are doing anything?

Also, hmmm...here's a thought.......who is the ONLY one to speak out publicly about the show and one of the LC's in negative words and also got herself arrested soon after she graduated for all things for being a thief?

And no, it wasn't Sommer.

And Rhonda, on one of her tour appearances, said to keep watching the show, we would know all about the break in by the end of season two. Great marketng stragety to keep us viewers watching. IF what Denise said is true why would Rhonda make that annuncement? Rhonda would be under the same legalities as Denise and others in keeping their mouths shut.

The break in, imho, was scripted in and badly executed at that.

pegasustt 168 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-05, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pegasustt Click to send private message to pegasustt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-05 AT 05:53 PM (EST)

i thought the same thing but they moved the second season to 5AM EST. I have it set up in my season pass manager (DVR) to record i get up this morning get coffee and sat to to watch and something else was taped in its place i about died! i love season 2!!!!

i searched the web and found their website here is the link it has the schedule on the site. http://www.tv-one.tv/schedule/

hope this helps

Well, Cr--, I thought they had changed the time to 5AM but it was not on a 5AM this morning or 8AM like it usually is. I'm like the other poster i still have yet to see all of season 2 last summer or spring I was watching I think on Fox and they stoped airing it right after Kim and Jen's Graduation. this is getting very agravationg .....I WANT MY SO SEASON 2 !!!!!

TT

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-05, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
I have never gotten to see the end of season two! TLC took it off in mid season, the fox channel that cdarries it here stopped mid season to start the new season and now I have suffered through episodes I have seen with TV One each morning as getting ready for work. I HOPE they haven't taken it off for good and it was only today. We'll see. They are supposed to show that episode at 4:00am my time. I have the alarm set to check.

12-29-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pegasustt Click to send private message to pegasustt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
>I have never gotten to see
>the end of season two!
>TLC took it off in
>mid season, the fox channel
>that cdarries it here stopped
>mid season to start the
>new season and now I
>have suffered through episodes I
>have seen with TV One
>each morning as getting ready
>for work. I HOPE they
>haven't taken it off for
>good and it was only
>today. We'll see. They are
>supposed to show that episode
>at 4:00am my time. I
>have the alarm set to
>check.

I'm in the same boat you are TV1 according to their website is airing it at 5AM now, BUT Direct TV (which i have) does not reflect the change in time. So i'm unable to record it, and i'm sure not getting up at 5AM to watch.

TT

12-29-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
10. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
>>I have never gotten to see
>>the end of season two!
>>TLC took it off in
>>mid season, the fox channel
>>that cdarries it here stopped
>>mid season to start the
>>new season and now I
>>have suffered through episodes I
>>have seen with TV One
>>each morning as getting ready
>>for work. I HOPE they
>>haven't taken it off for
>>good and it was only
>>today. We'll see. They are
>>supposed to show that episode
>>at 4:00am my time. I
>>have the alarm set to
>>check.
>
>I'm in the same boat you
>are TV1 according to their
>website is airing it at
>5AM now, BUT Direct TV
>(which i have) does not
>reflect the change in time.
>So i'm unable to record
>it, and i'm sure not
>getting up at 5AM to
>watch.
>
>TT

Oh, I have DirecTV too and it has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the programming of TVone and what info they provide to TIVO/DirecTV.

Clearly, at the last minute, they decided to SKIP the "break in" episodes, but continued on with other parts of the season.

My husband is in broadcasting (works for ABC.) This would've been done at the request of B/M.

12-30-05, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
now my guide isn't showing season 2 at all. It is, however, showing season 1 at 3:00am CST...bummer

12-30-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
17. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
same for me
TT

12-29-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
9. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
>I have never gotten to see
>the end of season two!
>TLC took it

Exactly and it seems that these "skips" CHRONICALLY seem to happen right around the "break in" episodes.

It's just very suspicious to me anyway.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-29-05, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
Following quote from TV.com website about Starting Over break in.

"Defamer reports on an “unverifiable rumor” that a suspected break-in led the cast of NBC’s Starting Over to discover producers’ files on them. This, of course, really pissed them off and led to a possible “contestant mutiny.” Defamer reports:

According to the whispers, a security guard, fearing that an intruder was breaking in to the house where the show shoots last week, used some quick-thinking to protect the contestants by quarantining them in the production office…where all the “case files” that contain each person’s personality problems—and the producers’ nefarious plans for them—are kept. Editors are allegedly hard at work to sanitize the #####-up for Starting Over’s daily broadcast, while the producers try to keep the show’s stars from “expressing their anger issues” by bolting."

12-29-05, 07:38 PM (EST)
11. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
>Following quote from TV.com website about
>Starting Over break in.
>
>"Defamer reports on an “unverifiable rumor”
>that a suspected break-in led
>the cast of NBC’s Starting
>Over to discover producers’ files
>on them. This, of course,
>really pissed them off and
>led to a possible “contestant
>mutiny.” Defamer reports:
>
>According to the whispers, a security
>guard, fearing that an intruder
>was breaking in to the
>house where the show shoots
>last week, used some quick-thinking
>to protect the contestants by
>quarantining them in the production
>office…where all the “case files”
>that contain each person’s personality
>problems—and the producers’ nefarious plans
>for them—are kept. Editors are
>allegedly hard at work to
>sanitize the #####-up for Starting
>Over’s daily broadcast, while the
>producers try to keep the
>show’s stars from “expressing their
>anger issues” by bolting."

This is certainly possible. But, I would think that more of the "contestants" would be "bad mouthing" the show ... even if they didn't specifically mention the "break in" itself.

The bottom line is that it was SOMMER that disappeared from the show.

And let's face it. She was a HUGE NOSEY,SNEAKY,CONNIVING flirt. "Coaching" everyone on how to avoid the cameras etc. And I say this as someone who actually liked Sommer on many other levels and wish that she could've remained with the show.

And as far as this "nefarious" room with files? Well of COURSE there's some sort of file system and record of the sessions in which these women participate. That's not "nefarious", just a necessity, an efficiency as well as professional requirement.

The problem seems to be the BREAK IN. Not the existence of such files.

12-29-05, 08:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
BUT the room that was supposedly broken into is the very room the securty guards pout the ladies in.

Yep, makes sense.......lock htem in the very room that was broken into.

lmao

12-30-05, 04:57 AM (EST)
15. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
still no season 2 on TV One...their online schedule shows it on once on Monday. If anyone sees it on TV ONE would they please post the time? Thanks in advance

12-30-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
18. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
Please do the same for me
thank you

TT

01-02-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
20. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
TV One aired the "break-in" episode this morning at it's regular morning time. 7:00am CST It looks like season one is gone, and season 2 shown only once per day instead of 3 times. Atleast season 2 is back on!

01-02-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
21. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
yeah! I was so afraid they were going to cut us off altogether for season 2.
on the info on my DVR it didn't say it was the breakin ep. but it sure seemed like it was.

is there anyone on the board that saw last season? if there is please let us know if this was the ep. or the one after the breakin.

thanks
TT

12-30-05, 07:38 AM (EST)
16. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
>>Following quote from TV.com website about
>>Starting Over break in.
>>
>>"Defamer reports on an “unverifiable rumor”
>>that a suspected break-in led
>>the cast of NBC’s Starting
>>Over to discover producers’ files
>>on them. This, of course,
>>really pissed them off and
>>led to a possible “contestant
>>mutiny.” Defamer reports:
>>
>>According to the whispers, a security
>>guard, fearing that an intruder
>>was breaking in to the
>>house where the show shoots
>>last week, used some quick-thinking
>>to protect the contestants by
>>quarantining them in the production
>>office…where all the “case files”
>>that contain each person’s personality
>>problems—and the producers’ nefarious plans
>>for them—are kept. Editors are
>>allegedly hard at work to
>>sanitize the #####-up for Starting
>>Over’s daily broadcast, while the
>>producers try to keep the
>>show’s stars from “expressing their
>>anger issues” by bolting."
>
>
>This is certainly possible. But,
>I would think that more
>of the "contestants" would be
>"bad mouthing" the show ...
>even if they didn't specifically
>mention the "break in" itself.
>
>
>The bottom line is that it
>was SOMMER that disappeared from
>the show.
>
>And let's face it. She
>was a HUGE NOSEY,SNEAKY,CONNIVING flirt.
> "Coaching" everyone on how
>to avoid the cameras etc.
> And I say this
>as someone who actually liked
>Sommer on many other levels
>and wish that she could've
>remained with the show.
>
>And as far as this "nefarious"
>room with files? Well
>of COURSE there's some sort
>of file system and record
>of the sessions in which
>these women participate. That's
>not "nefarious", just a necessity,
>an efficiency as well as
>professional requirement.
>
>The problem seems to be the
>BREAK IN. Not the
>existence of such files.

Funny how things work out thoug because:

It is Towanda who does indeed get arrrested soon after graduting for stealing NOT Sommer.....

Funny how the *pet* of the show is the very one that had an arrest record before joning the show and continued on that path after graduating.

And again, IF there was a bonefide break in done by Sommer and an accomplice (Security guard said he heard giggling-which makes sense when breaking into something)........why lock the ladies in the very same room that was broken into?

And since there was an an accomplice, had to be because again, the guard heard giggling, why was it ONLY Sommer who is being blamed?

Either way, Sommer went on to accomplsh her goals despite how she had been treated on the show. The scarlet letter for having a one night stand with a married guy-hmmmmm-seems IV and Christina should be wearing one of those also.

There was one little article put out there about this so called break in........but wait..............the break in happens in Sept but wait the article isn;t leaked til Nov, sweeps month......wow, that's never been done before to build up viewetship. chuckling

Again, IF the break in did happen.......why lock all these ladies in the very same room that was broken into? yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

And as for Sommer being conniving.......that gave me a good laugh because it was KIM who stated twice on camera and we all got to hear her say it:

Fake it til you make it..........but again, she was a ^pet^ of the show so she got away with a lot. Heck, she got to fake it, the show knew it, and they still graduated her with having learned the *process*.

The show all the way around hasn't made sense since about half way through season one........when they began *manufactruing* drama......heck, the show has been featured in soap digest.....why a reality show in soap digest magazine that is all about daytime soaps? irony at its best

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.....

12-30-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
19. "RE: TV1 and cancelled episodes.."
re: It is Towanda who does indeed get arrrested soon after graduting for stealing NOT Sommer.....

Funny how the *pet* of the show is the very one that had an arrest record before joning the show and continued on that path after graduating."

I found one arrest record on her in Atlanta concerning stolen checks from a title company she worked at.

What else was there? I'm dying to know, please tell us

TT

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •