The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24E9 - 'Go Out With A Bang'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-12, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24E9 - 'Go Out With A Bang'"
Thread for discussion of E9 title and teasers

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S24E9 - 'Go Out With A Bang' jasonkola 04-04-12 1
 RE: S24E9 - 'Go Out With A Bang' michel 04-04-12 2
 Press Release VolcanicGlass 04-05-12 3
   RE: Press Release Flowerpower 04-05-12 4
       RE: Press Release Outfrontgirl 04-05-12 7
       RE: Press Release Flowerpower 04-06-12 8
           RE: Press Release Outfrontgirl 04-06-12 12
   RE: Press Release Blind Freddy 04-05-12 5
       RE: Press Release Outfrontgirl 04-05-12 6
           RE: Press Release michel 04-06-12 9
               RE: Press Release Flowerpower 04-06-12 10
                   RE: Press Release Outfrontgirl 04-06-12 11
                       RE: Press Release jasonkola 04-06-12 13
                           RE: Press Release Outfrontgirl 04-06-12 14
                               RE: Press Release jasonkola 04-06-12 15
                                   RE: Press Release Outfrontgirl 04-07-12 18
                                       RE: Press Release beaglemaster 04-07-12 19
                       RE: Press Release michel 04-06-12 17
                   RE: Press Release michel 04-06-12 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jasonkola 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-12, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S24E9 - 'Go Out With A Bang'"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-12 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

"Going out with a Bang" This sounds like something Troy says. He already said I believe in a preseason interview that if he feel he is going home he has some big things planned. I could see hin saying in a confessional that if he is going he will go out with a bang.

Check out the last 20 or so seconds of this video clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b3kKfq54yw&feature=plcp&context=C4c99127VDvjVQa1PpcFMG6fqaA78G4IBMuNOf6YCHHqUMEsVtkAU=

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-12, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24E9 - 'Go Out With A Bang'"
The one that says that will be the closest to the one voted out tonight. This vote will open his/her eyes and the quote will be heard when the tribe returns from TC: "Since (blank) went home, I know I'm next but I'll go out with a bang."

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-12, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Press Release"
RUMORS OF A HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOL SEND TIKIANO INTO A TAILSPIN AS THEY HEAD INTO TRIBAL COUNCIL, ON "SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD,” WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11

CHEAT TWEET: It gets complicated as rumors of the hidden immunity idol send Tikiano in2 a tailspin! #Survivor April 11 @ 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/HpwxHi

"Go Out With A Bang" — Temptation is sweet for ravenous tribe members vying for individual immunity, and rumors of a hidden immunity idol send Tikiano into a tailspin as they head into Tribal Council, on SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD, Wednesday, April 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-12, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-12 AT 03:29 PM (EST)

Temptation is sweet for ravenous tribe members vying for individual immunity, and rumors of a hidden immunity idol send Tikiano into a tailspin as they head into Tribal Council

Thanks so much for posting, VG!

Regarding number 2....rumors of a hidden immunity idol send Tikiano into a tailspin as they head into Tribal Council...

So, this will be the guys plan. Troyzan will spill that he has the idol to someone and they will formulate a plan, they will wield the HII to coerce the outliers into voting with them....Kat and Christina have no idea that Kim has an idol. Rumors will get back to Kim/Chelsea/Sabrina and then they'll go into a tailspin....food for thought.

Troy or Jay will give the title quote, if we have to go out, we're going out with a bang!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-12, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Press Release"

>So, this will be the guys
>plan. Troyzan will spill that
>he has the idol to
>someone and they will formulate
>a plan, they will wield
>the HII to coerce the
>outliers into voting with them....Kat
>and Christina have no idea
>that Kim has an idol.
>Rumors will get back to
>Kim/Chelsea/Sabrina and then they'll go
>into a tailspin....food for thought.
>
>
>Troy or Jay will give the
>title quote, if we have
>to go out, we're going
>out with a bang!

Sounds right to me. On the face of it, there is no strategic reason for Kim to reveal her idol in her current position, but the underdogs can use it to play a "you don't know which of us will play it" game.

Sounds like Jay is telling Kim she will be the target (with 4 votes from the remaining men). But Jay doesn't know that Kim has an idol.

However, if he does threaten Kim, she too could use a rumor of the idol to confuse the men. Personally I think she would be better off to let them carry through with their threat and then play it.

04-06-12, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Press Release"
Responding to my own post, because I think it may be wrong...First of all I think Blind Freddy and OFG are right, the sweet temptation IC will require you to participate or eat. Great job figuring that one out!

Now for number 2: rumors of a hidden immunity idol send Tikiano into a tailspin as they head into Tribal Council

I said earlier that: this will be the guys plan. Troyzan will spill that he has the idol to someone and they will formulate a plan, they will wield the HII to coerce the outliers into voting with them....Kat and Christina have no idea that Kim has an idol. Rumors will get back to Kim/Chelsea/Sabrina and then they'll go into a tailspin.

I still agree that it will be Troyzan that spills he has an idol....he does not appear to be playing an insightful game, but he has made it perfectly clear that he wants to go to the end with these people....Jay/Kim/Chelsea. He will never know how much he was played until later. Troy probably went to Jay, after the Chelsea debacle, and told him, Mike has got to go....he's gunning for me! While we know Jay had his doubts, in the end he joined his nuSalani tribe to cut off Michael.

So, now the men are so down in numbers there is doubt. But, why would Troy wield his idol to help the guys when he wants to go to the end with, Jay, Kim, Chelsea? So, Troy may confide in KIM, that he has an idol, and Kim will devise a way for him to play it - which frees him of it - all the while getting rid of some extraneous person...Troy and Jay, will get played again, perhaps...

I really think this picture is of Kim and Jay conspiring....perhaps Jay is repeating the plan for Kim, as he looks with his facial expression for approval...

Troy is laughing about it...the plan...

They're going to get the full on....switcherooo

Troy is laughing about it because he and his group feel safe, and they are going to pull a switcheroo on someone else...not in his F4...fwiw. But, in the end, will it be either Jay or Troy that get blown away, or one of those outliers...Kim told us she likes her 2 alliances and she may need the guys around for a "few" more votes....

04-06-12, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Press Release"
I tend to think Troyzan and jay are not conspiring with Kim.

>>> Probst VO: ... but the men fight back.

Probst's VO (if not a blatant lie) basically tells us the four guys are going to wake up this time and target the female alliance. I think they are done with trusting the women.

btw, in reply to another comment, I don't think Jay is referencing the next four TC votes. That would be very arrogant for him to assume he would be able to control that given his position.

Four men remain; Occam's Razor says Jay is telling Kim he has four votes to direct and he's going to choose her ... but perhaps there is an "if you do or do not" something ... specifically, promise to vote for a woman would be the most likely.

I think Troy's switcharoo comment is what it appears to be. He is feeling good because he thinks that he and Jay have secured Christina and perhaps Kat. There is no sign of any of the men trying to work Alicia.

I'm thinking the switcharoo comment is not misdirection as to Troy's meaning. He really is trying to get a female out. The misdirection part is most likely that his plan fails, and Jay is out.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-12, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Press Release"
Thanks VG!

Re: "Temptation is sweet for ravenous tribe members vying for individual immunity"

Sounds like the Immunity Challenge is one of those ....choose to play for Immunity or choose to Eat...'sweet temptation' food items. They've done ice cream already...maybe chocolate?...what else is irrestibly sweet?...a big pile of donuts?...nope they had that already as well. Actually a no-hands pie free for all would make for interesting camera shots....sadly, likely a very long shot....lol.

04-05-12, 10:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Press Release"
Whatever the sweet, I agree, this is clearly the spot where some will sit out of the IC -- or drop out along the way -- for temptations.

This ties in with Jeff's theme that people think they are safe but they can't all be safe. This challenge is designed to reveal who feels safe.

By dropping out, a person may become a target.
However, I think that Greg is in Phillip's position. He should feel he can safely eat, because his safety has nothing to do with being part of a majority alliance. It is only a question of whether they are saving him as goat or as easy pickins.

Also, he has no reason to think he can win the challenge.
I wonder if it will be another endurance challenge.

04-06-12, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Press Release"
I think that the best way to go about eliminating opponents is to have a good change up. By this I mean that you shouldn't follow a straight line. Tina did it best in the Outback as did Todd in China.

Here, I think Kim would be well served to go after Tarzan. I know it's a risk to let a challenge threat like Jay hang around but they are only at F10 so there will be 6 more challenges he will have to win which I think is impossible for anyone to do. Going for Tarzan appeases Jay and Troy, reassures Alicia and Christina, could get the idol out without a risk, gets rid of a superfluous goat and, most importantly, calms things down at camp and at TC.

Being up 6-4, the women cannot split the votes. Going after Tarzan eliminates the risk of an idol pass and Kim can wait to see if Tarzan is the one with the idol, ready to stand up if he does. Next week will be the crucial F9 vote. By then, the women could split the votes successfully if they are up 6-3. I don't like splitting votes (too many things could go wrong) but, if they really have no idea who has the idol, there might not be a better option.

If Tarzan leaves, the title quote could be the opening salvo of his parting diatribe. Jeff snuffs his torch while he turns back to the tribe and starts: "I want to go out with a bang...

04-06-12, 02:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Press Release"
I don't know, michel...the men are now down 2 in numbers....how would going after Tarzan be appeasing Jay and Troy? I think to appease Jay and Troy, they would have to vote out one of either Christina or Alicia....the 2 women in nuManono.

We also heard Chelsea tell us last week that while she can't stand him, he's not a threat, so he can go later...just don't know why they would pick Tarzan to go at this point...

04-06-12, 07:31 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Press Release"
I agree with you michel about the zigzag, but I agree with FP that going after any man is not a zigzag.

We see Tarzan in the promo, telling Troyzan, "these girls are plotting to take us all out" and Troyzan nodding.

Either
1) he is nodding to appease Tarzan while he Troyzan trusts in his alliance with Kim-Chels-Jay
or
2) he is taking the idea seriously finally, and the hunt is on either to pick up two female fringe votes or to fool the women into breaking up their voting bloc again.

For example, if Alicia and Christina were to be left out of the loop because Kim is confident in having Kim-Chels-Sab-Kat-Troy-Jay ... the men could maybe do something with their four votes and one female. But then it would be a mistake to talk to Kat.

Re Troy using the HII at Kim's behest, I just don't think so.

Everyone who finds an HII would like to keep it right up to F5 to have that guarantee at a shot at the last IC. People do stuff like give it away at the merge only if an alliance is in a critical situation that will be remediated by one vote. Or they realize they have to play it for themselves or get the boot.

No one looks to use the idol in situations where their group has a majority but just wants to hoodwink someone. It is better to have the fear of the idol on your side.

Also, after it gets played it may go back into circulation, and the wrong person could come into possession.

To me the teaser says that there are rumors that a planned on target may have the idol or be given the idol. The most common response to this type of paranoia is to go after a player who won't be likely to have the idol because no one is tight enough with that person to give up an idol to save him or her.

04-06-12, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jasonkola Click to send private message to jasonkola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Press Release"
Well sense last weeks tease proved false I will try not to take this weeks tease so seriously. When I read the tease, "Rumors of a hidden immunity idol send Tikiano into a tailspin as they head into Tribal Council.", I can not help but notice the use of the word Hidden. They would not us that word if someone had it would they. I can not help but think that Troy starts the rumors that the Idol is still hidden out there to make people think he dose not have it and make people look for it and wander who might have found it. Would Troy be smart enough to do this, I am not sure. Food for thought.

04-06-12, 09:42 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Press Release"
>>> When I read the tease, "Rumors of a hidden immunity idol send Tikiano into a tailspin as they head into Tribal Council.", I can not help but notice the use of the word Hidden. They would not us that word if someone had it would they. I can not help but think that Troy starts the rumors that the Idol is still hidden out there to make people think he dose not have it and make people look for it and wander who might have found it.

My take is they call it the "hidden immunity idol" because that is its name. Remember that Jeff asks every week if someone wants to play a "hidden immunity idol."

The HII is is contrast to the regular "immunity idol." Now an immunity necklace.

I imagine the rumors are that someone has it. The "tailspin" would almost have to be because they were set on how to vote and it is one of the two targets who is rumored to have it, and now they don't have time to make a Plan B on how to vote with an idol in play.

04-06-12, 10:08 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Press Release"
Your right Ofg, I never even thought they would consider that its name. I am so used to calling it the Immunity Idol that Hidden just sounded out of place. Now I feel kind of dumb. Oh well, back to square one.

If Jay or Troy win the IC they could use the threat of the II to keep the girls from targeting the other. It could be that simple. This could force the girls to change their plans and target someone else maybe Leif or Greg. It would be to dangerous for them to split the vote.

04-07-12, 08:10 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Press Release"
Not dumb at all.
In fact they could go into a tailspin looking for an HII that is hidden, as half the tribe didn't know a second one was put in play.

I was just pointing out it is normal to call it hidden. (Jeff calls it that even when a player has it around his neck.)

I tend to think that the wording about TC means they are spinning over the thought someone has found it and will possibly play it, but that's not necessarily right.

Only the ice cream reward winners knew about the clue.
Chelsea, Jay, Troyzan, Sabrina, Alicia, Christina.
not
Tarzan, Leif, Kim, Kat.

Wonder if anyone told Kim.

beaglemaster 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-07-12, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beaglemaster Click to send private message to beaglemaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Press Release"

>Only the ice cream reward winners
>knew about the clue.
>Chelsea, Jay, Troyzan, Sabrina, Alicia, Christina.
>

Actually it was beer and pizza reward for the turtle puzzle
But that is the correct winners

04-06-12, 11:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Press Release"
The zigzag (I like that image) is going from a likable provider (Jonas) to a challenge threat (Mike) then to a non-threat unlikable player. Three men, yes, but a different, solid reason for each. Troy and Jay wouldn't be sure of anything after that.

04-06-12, 11:37 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Press Release"
It would appease Troy and Jay simply because it wouldn't be them being voted out. With the votes against Tarzan last week, the appearance of a NuSalani holding strong is still there. Christina and Alicia have been so quiet lately that it doesn't look like either is going next. Going after Jay or Troy is too dangerous when it's 6 against 4 and there's an idol out there. Tarzan seems intent on voting against Christina so Kim wouldn't be worried to lose one of her core girls.

And we know that Chelsea never gets her way so, now that she wants Tarzan to stay, he may go!

Granted this is more how I'd play it if I were Kim and it's compounded by the fact that I am tired of seeing fat guys in underwear making it to the end. (Russell, Phillip and now Tarzan??)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •