The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Challenge Analysis/Speculation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Siebured 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-04-01, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Challenge Analysis/Speculation"
We don't have much to go on, but I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread on this.
On the SF spoiler page there is a picture from the Globe tabloid that SF feels is a water platform challenge. I tried to post the pic, but couldn't so here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/survivorfeverland/Spoilers.html

I think we've already seen these platforms on E1. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure these things had fires on them when the tribes were crossing the river for the fire challenge.

We also have these pics: (courtesy of ellipsiiis & paratrooper)

Jerri with immunity idol.

Keith and Liz watching and being cold.

The fact they are just watching may mean that they're already out of the running and waiting for the others to finish. The fact that they're cold may mean nothing. I checked the weather tracker and it's going to be nasty this episode.

http://members.tripod.com/avianado/ss2_weather_tracker_nov__1_thru_nov__15.htm#tc_7

We also have the S1 challenge list to use as a reference. Here's ferretkiss' S1 challenge sheet.
http://home.fuse.net/mel/SurvChallenges.htm

Here's where the speculation part comes in. We know that EPM keeps some of the key challenges the same, such as E1 & E6. I think E7 is another key challenge that EPM will keep. (or at least keep similar)

I remember the underwater challenge in S1, and I was thinking the whole time how unfair it was to the female contestants because men naturally have a larger lung capacity than the women. Well, duh, that's what EPM wants. Immediately after the merge the number 1 targets are the alpha males and this is his way of giving them a chance to remain in the game.

Using this reasoning, I don't think the challenge will be any kind of finesse contest and the major players will be Nick, Colby and Alicia.

Thanks to all the folks whose links and photos were included in this post.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Challenge Analysis/Speculation Krautboy 03-04-01 1
   RE: Challenge Analysis/Speculation zeako 03-05-01 2
   RE: Challenge Analysis/Speculation Rudyrox 03-07-01 3
       RE: Challenge Analysis/Speculation Rudyrox 03-08-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-04-01, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Challenge Analysis/Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-01 AT 06:36 PM (EST)

The CBS website refers to the first individual immunity challenge (IIC) as "the biggest test of endurance yet" The pictures show the 10 members of the merged tribe walking to the IIC. Same clothes on Keith and Liz as in the close-up of the standing cold and dejected after they are apparently out of the running. Liz's hair also looks like it was wet and she dried it after her failed attempt. So what have we got...

Can we assume...?

1st IIC is a test of endurance.("biggest yet" so probably more than just holding your breath under water -- only a minute or two).

IIC takes place in, on, or near the water.(Picture of J. Probst standing by the water apparently explaining the rules.)

IIC may have to do with the "water platform" we've seen pictured at Survivorfever.

Keith and Liz probably do not win.

Roger probably does not win because he is older and a poor swimmer.( Treading water, etc puts him at a disadvantage)

The fittest and best swimmers have an advantage.(Nick, Colby, Tina, Alicia)

Anything else?....

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-05-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Challenge Analysis/Speculation"
If the challenge involves swimming, I think Amber would have to be included as a potential winner as she has worked as a lifeguard and is apparently a very good swimmer.

The picture of Keith and Liz looks to me as though it is during the challenge. Why the large space between the two? Also, they don't appear to be watching others still competing. Perhaps they are standing on blocks of ice and are still in the competition.

I know this is a wild stab but I don't think we can write Keith and Liz off as not winning based solely on this photo).

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-01, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Challenge Analysis/Speculation"
I think this IC will be similar to the one in S1 where the survivors had to stand on a log and the last one standing wins immunity.

endurance \En*dur"ance\, n. 1. A state or quality of lasting or duration; lastingness; continuance.

What better test of endurance then making them stand on a log or stump. The photo of Keith and Liz could very possibily be them standing on the stump or log waiting for everyone (or eachother) to fall off.

Mary

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-01, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Challenge Analysis/Speculation"
Yaaayyy! I actually guessed one right for a change.

Mary

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •