The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"speculation about "Ambassadors""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-03-01, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"speculation about "Ambassadors""
Am I the only one wondering which "couple" will be chosen as Ambassadors. Maybe Amber's comment about not being too proud to sleep with someone to advance herself in the game will come to fruition when she tries to form an alliance with Nick during the negotiations.

I think Kucha will send Nick. But will Ogawhore send Jerri or Amber? Or will it be Colby and Alicia? Any thoughts? Has there been any spoiler info about this? Just curious.

J.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 MB at work AyatollahKhomeini 03-03-01 1
   RE: MB at work janisella 03-03-01 2
 RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" Goblin 03-05-01 3
   RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" weltek 03-05-01 4
       RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" ItzLisa 03-05-01 5
           No ambassadors AyatollahKhomeini 03-05-01 6
               RE: No ambassadors ItzLisa 03-06-01 11
           RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" samiam 03-05-01 8
               RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" SurvivorBlows 03-06-01 10
                   RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" SurvivorCat 03-06-01 12
                   RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" Minstrel 03-06-01 13
                       RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" SurvivorBlows 03-06-01 14
                           RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" Kokoro 03-06-01 15
                           RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" SurvivorCat 03-07-01 16
                               no colbysincharge 03-07-01 17
   RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" Kokoro 03-05-01 7
       RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" Lurking 03-06-01 9
   RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" Minstrel 03-07-01 19
 RE: speculation about "Ambassadors" wendyp 03-07-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-03-01, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "MB at work"
In S1, the tribes picked Kelly and Greg. But MB overrode them and sent Sean and Jenna instead (I'm sure this is also part of Stacey's facts about how MB manipulated the game).

We don't know whether the tribes will pick the ambassadors or whether MB will choose them. If MB picks, I would expect Nick and Amber. If the tribes pick, I'm not sure....

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-03-01, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: MB at work"
I did mean who would be sent, as opposed to who would be chosen. That's why I think Nick and Amber too.

J.

Goblin 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-05-01, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goblin Click to send private message to Goblin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
I don't think there are going to be any ambassadors. I think they are going to send the combined tribe to a different camp sight. Here's why: In the previews for next week we see Oga tribe looking a map (supposably with directions to the new camp)and we see members from both teams packing (Jerri and Nick and we also Roger taking part of Kucha's shelter apart). We also see a shot of them sitting in a circle with cups and pooring something from a bottle (indicating possibly a celebration where they are given some wine or champagne). I speculate they may send them all to the "Old Miner's Camp" that was set up for the Butch Cassidy chalenge. I think last season the ambassador thing was pretty much of a bust. It was set up in hopes that there would be some romance going on. Also, I think with this cast, having seen the first Survivor, it would cause too much bitterness that two of them were going to get fed when the rest are starving.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-01, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
Agreed, Goblin. The previews indicate that there are no ambassadors and both tribes move to a new camp (neutral ground).

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-05-01, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
>The previews indicate that there are no ambassadors
***But they wouldn't want to show us who the ambassadors are in the previews, would they? It sure looked like they were both packing, but part of the fun of S1 was when they all got to see the set up, everyone pissed off that the two ambassadors got to eat, etc. It makes for better television, in my opinion.

>and both tribes move to a new camp (neutral ground).
***But again, part of the fun is seeing the dynamic of one tribe moving in on another. Remember how resentful Rudy got that there were five extra people crammed into the shelter, and five extra mouths to feed? They felt invaded. I think they'll feel this way too - particularly since you know they'll mix like oil and water! If the Ogakors have to move in with the Kuchas, that's going to cause even more friction (and not the good kind, heh heh!)

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS
what it's all about???

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-01, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "No ambassadors"
ItzLisa, I agree that the ambassadors made for good TV, but that may have been only because MB picked the ambassadors -- another way in which S1 was staged. Building a new camp will make for better TV, because it provides a means to bust up the old alliances. If someone from the other teams works hard, while someone from your team slacks off and makes you do the work, you may be less inclined to vote on atraight tribal lines like the Tagi did. At least, that appears to be the theory...

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-06-01, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: No ambassadors"
> Building a new camp will make for better TV, because it provides a means to bust up the old alliances. If someone from the other teams works hard, while someone from your team slacks off and makes you do the work, you may be less inclined to vote on atraight tribal lines like the Tagi did.

****Aaaaaah!!! Weeeell then, when ya explain it like THAT, AK.... now I'm changing my mind again!

(I'm useless on these spoiler posts when someone points out better logic than mine! )

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS
what it's all about???

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-01, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
I agree about moving to "neutral ground." The promo shows Ogakor packing and then hiking with all their stuff on their backs. It shows Roger building something. Does that mean they all move to a new site? When Pagong joined Tagi they had to rebuild the shelter to accomodate more bodies; I assume Kucha would have to do the same. So carpenter-man Rodger takes on the task of making capital improvements on the tent.

Plus, you're right, there's nothing like turf invasion to get everyone on the defensive.

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating. -- George W. Bush

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-01, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
I think you folks are all forgetting the comments shown from Jeff in the orginal preview of Ep7 run at the end of Ep6 that showed Jeff complaining about, how, as soon as Keith and Colby arrived, they instantly began pointing at Kucha folks and beginning to (in Jeff's head) talk about who from Kucha to vote off.

...unless Kucha gets to the new camp first, I don't see how this fits with your theory of a new camp.

SurvivorCat 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-06-01, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorCat Click to send private message to SurvivorCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
I was waiting to read this, because I was going to post the same thing. I believe that maybe Kucha helps Ogakor move, but why? and are they going to let the them eat their food? I wouldn't!

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-06-01, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
SB, we have shots of both tribes dismantling their camps. It could be that Kucha is "expanding" their camp to accomodate 10 people, but I agree with those about a neutral camp. I think this is a change from S1 and was a suggestion to MB by the survivors (Pagong only?). Kucha could have reached the neutral camp first (more organized than Ogakor). Jeff could also be referencing "here" as in merger and not necessarily the Kucha camp. The map spoiler that shows "merged camp" seems fairly valid though. If so, no ambassadors were used unless they scouted ground. What may be important is if an RC is held. If so, MB would have little time to use let alone create an S1 ambassadorship scenario complete with dinner, etc.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-01, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
>What may be important is
>if an RC is held.
> If so, MB would
>have little time to use
>let alone create an S1
>ambassadorship scenario complete with dinner,
>etc.

Min, I'm unclear what you are saying here -- in S1 weren't a challenge, the ambassador meeting, the move, and a council vote all in the Ep7 show? Of so, why would it not fit this time?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-06-01, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
He's talking about the Reward Challenge SB....last year there wasn't one (which I think you know from your answer ;), but there could be one this year....although I doubt that would really take tons of time away from anything, they'd just need to change the schedule around a bit.

"Oh my God! Meatball subs! I love those! Oh my God!" - "That skinny chick"'s most memorable line

SurvivorCat 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-07-01, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorCat Click to send private message to SurvivorCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
Didn't Jeff say "The minute they get here........." then he said something about pointing at them like they were picking the ones they were going to vote off one by one. ???????

colbysincharge 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-07-01, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colbysincharge Click to send private message to colbysincharge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "no"
Jeff V. said " We weren't together...15 minutes...before" He never said arrive or here.
Lisabeth's pink bathing suit is visible at ogakor. Colby is visible at kucha. They are the ambassadors.
If they could not agree on merging at each other's camp, then a neutral site is assigned.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-05-01, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
<<I think last season the ambassador thing was pretty much of a bust. It was set up in hopes that there would be some romance going on.>>

They should try ~anything~ to help that Amber get a personality. Also didn't she say in an interview how easily she would give it up?

"Oh my God! Meatball subs! I love those! Oh my God!" - "That skinny chick"'s most memorable line

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-06-01, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
I recall her saying something along the line of not ruling out a romance, but she didn't give me the impression that she wanted it.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-07-01, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
I agree Goblin. It makes little sense if you subscribe to the neutral camp site theory, which I do. CBS likely would have a site selected for a neutral camp and the tribes trek to it as in day 1. S1 took an overnight time frame as you will remember and there was no reward challenge separated out. Not that there will necessarily be a reward challenge this week, but the first day of the episode is killed with the move for sure.

I think this neutral camp idea is something MB changed for S2 based on suggestions from S1 survivors for improving the game. We know MB did this from pre-S2 interviews. I think it was the CBS special on the upcoming S2 series.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-01, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: speculation about "Ambassadors""
I agree with the majority of you saying that they will move to a neutral beach. i originally thought Kucha, but I do not think Kucha wants to stay with the Memories of what happen to Mike. I know they do not seem sappy, but I think that hit them hard and it would distract them a little.

Plus the post that said this would show who is a worker and who is not; who is cooperative and who is a nag. This could give people the insight on who they want to vote off more then he is the strongest he is on the wrong team. It couls show that some of them can put the teams differences aside for the better of the mergered tribe.

Should be interesting!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •