The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-03-11, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
A thread for teasers and clues for Episode 9

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' SquidProQuo 11-03-11 1
   RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' SquidProQuo 11-03-11 2
       RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' Outfrontgirl 11-03-11 6
 RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' SquidProQuo 11-03-11 3
   RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' tribephyl 11-03-11 4
       RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' Brownroach 11-03-11 5
 RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' Outfrontgirl 11-03-11 7
   RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' kiki_k 11-03-11 8
       RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' PepeLePew13 11-03-11 9
           RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' kiki_k 11-03-11 10
               RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' Outfrontgirl 11-03-11 11
                   RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' dabo 11-03-11 12
                       RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' Belle Book 11-03-11 13
                       RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' kiki_k 11-03-11 14
                           RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' dabo 11-03-11 16
                       RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' SquidProQuo 11-03-11 15
                           RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' Outfrontgirl 11-04-11 17
                               RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' parathor 11-04-11 18
                                   RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' PepeLePew13 11-04-11 19
                                       RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' SquidProQuo 11-04-11 21
                                           RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' PepeLePew13 11-04-11 22
                                               RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' Outfrontgirl 11-06-11 24
                                                   RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' dabo 11-06-11 26
                                                       RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' Outfrontgirl 11-06-11 27
                                                           RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' dabo 11-06-11 28
 RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' dabo 11-04-11 20
   RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' dabo 11-05-11 23
   RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' Krautboy 11-07-11 30
       RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat' dabo 11-07-11 31
 Double Eviction or Double Tribal? Outfrontgirl 11-06-11 25
   RE: Double Eviction or Double Triba... tribephyl 11-07-11 29
       RE: Double Eviction or Double Triba... Outfrontgirl 11-07-11 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-03-11, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Jeff's video teaser for next week's episode:

1) Cochran's return to camp is brutal
2) People go home

I'm taking the "people" comment to mean that it's a double boot next week...particularly since there's only 1 person on RI so won't be an RI loser going home.

Here's the link to the Jeff's clip: http://www.tout.com/m/r62tsh

11-03-11, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
P.S. Here's Jeff teaser for next week from EW:

"Cochran’s move left a mark. The tribe is not happy about it. The first ten minutes are some of the most uncomfortable of the season as they UNLOAD on Mr. Harvard."

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-11, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
The language used here (UNLOAD) makes me imagine something VERY, um earthy.

11-03-11, 05:05 PM (EST)
3. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Here are the CBS clues:

A DOUBLE EVICTION ROCKS THE NEWLY MERGED TE TUNA TRIBE, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, NOV. 9

CHEAT TWEET:What do U think - is Cochran a Survivor genius or is he being used? + a double eviction #Survivor Wed, 11/9 @ 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/vwHSb3

"Cut Throat" – After a shocking betrayal, one castaway faces the wrath of a former alliance, and a double eviction rocks the newly merged Te Tuna tribe, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Nov. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

-------

This doesn't give us much to work with. Cochran obviously faces the wrath....although it does confirm a double boot.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-11, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
What can be gleaned is that Cochran is safe.

The first ten minutes are some of the most uncomfortable of the season as they UNLOAD on Mr. Harvard.

But the looming Dbl Tribal will change the focus and dash any plans at Savaii gaining any sort of ground on numbers for a Cochran boot.
While I don't doubt that Jim will try to work some angle to get possibly Albert and Sophie to split from Upolu to vote for Cochran, the numbers just aren't there. (and we've seen what happens when Albert/Sophie stray from Coach/Brandon/Rick)
And as Sophie states "are things we should be thinking about"

However, Savaii after tribal council will be Jim, Ozzy and Whitney.
Dawn will not like how the 3 of her tribemates will unleash on Cochran and again, the Savaii3 will sabotage their own social game.

Brandon's TC retort of "That's what you get when you treat people like that." looks to continue in the promos.
Therefore Jim, Ozzy and Whitney should all be in danger.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-11, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Coach is aware that Dawn treats Cochran nicely, whether because he's observed it or because Cochran told him, or both. So I agree Dawn should not be in danger next week.

11-03-11, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-11 AT 08:13 PM (EST)

They have never had a double boot post merge. I think Cook Islands was the only time ever for a double boot from one tribe in a single TC. (ED I am leaving the original brain fart, but note that I forgot the double boot from S22!)

So how will handle it?
We are sure it's not a 2 tribal situation? Sounds like it's not.

My guess would be they do one vote, and are told afterwards that they will now vote again (as in the Cooks).

It doesn't say "the prospect of a double eviction rocks ..."
Says "a double eviction rocks ... "

Which allows for the possibility that they don't know and don't plan for it.
In other words, it is like a BB fast forward in the respect that players are caught off guard (except the hamsters see it coming).

Question is whether they'll play an immunity challenge at tribal similar to BB.

There is a definite unfairness factor imho if one immunity win allows someone to get through two votes. It has never happened. In the Cooks, the Raro tribe as a whole had lost immunity, so no Raro player was immune from the vote.

The other scenario is one vote, with two highest vote getters leaving for RI, but that would totally screw with numbers, as an Upolu would also get voted out. I think there would be a big fuss made about the legality of pulling that. I'm fairly sure the contract says that the highest vote-getter is booted, and there is no provision for second highest vote recipient.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-03-11, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-11 AT 08:02 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-03-11 AT 07:31 PM (EST)

There was a double boot last season after merge (not sure what episode) -- first the log-rolling RC/IC combo (Grant won) & Jeff tossed a package to them which was "not to be opened until TC" as a clue. After TC that night (Steve or Rooster evicted, can't remember) they had an immediate IC where Jeff showed symbols on cards & the remaining players had to repeat the pattern of the symbols back with cards (or something to that effect, maybe it was writing them on little chalk boards). Rob won that IC. There was an immediate TC/boot (of Steve or Rooster, whichever one wasn't booted first).

eta: because I'm not sure what episode it was. I think episode 10; definitely after the Matt (re-boot) & Mike boot episodes.

2nd eta: correct name to Steve, as Pepe points out below so no one else is confused.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-11, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Took me a while to figure it out... but it was Steve (not "Jim") who left in the second tribal council immediately after Rooster was booted and then they had a IC right there in tribal council. Not sure if it was the 10th or 11th episode but the timing sounds right. I don't particularly recall what the challenge was but I do remember the two boots - Rooster first because he was a bigger threat than the "walking zombie" Steve.

11-03-11, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-11 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

Steve, not Jim-- the old football player guy. Sorry, I guess I'm confusing him with the Jim this season.

eat: And I think it was after that woman (Julie?) who hid Phillip's shorts boot episode too.

11-03-11, 08:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
DUH, sorry, yes of course. I knew I had a memory of an immunity at TC.
So it will most likely be exactly the same with a different challenge.

If they do the tree mail thing again, then the tribe will have warning as they saw it go down last time. Kind of sucks that they won't be surprised. It would be fun to see an actual scramble.

They should call this the
Fast Forward Pagonging Twist.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-11, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Yeah. Ozzy's gone the first time he doesn't have II. After that it is in order of mean-ness to Cochran. Ozzy and Whitney were equally mean in the post-show promo, Jim's "don't talk to me" just wasn't on the same level, in fact it is more hissy fit than mean.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-03-11, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
As well as possible challenge threat status. Jim may be more of a challenge threat than Whitney so Whitney might be spared for another round -- but she'll go after Jim and before Dawn.

11-03-11, 09:02 PM (EST)
14. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Nah, Cochran already whined to Coach et al that after Keith, Jim was the most mean to him (and he had a temper). Whitney seemed the meanest to me in the promo -- dropping the f-bomb & saying he was disgusting. Ozzy was pretty laid back about it: "You screwed me, man." Jim was worse than Ozzy, IMO.

But, first it will be Ozzy hands down if he doesn't win the IC as they can't risk any kind of IC run by him. If he does win, I'm thinking Jim. If Ozzy pulls off the 2nd (which if it is some kind of memory thing like the 2nd IC at TC that Rob won last season, I have my doubts) then it will be Whitney.

11-03-11, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Except when caught up in a challenge and disappointed by a screw up, Jim hasn't shown much of a temper, and in general he recovers and gets his head back in the game pretty quickly. The reality is that Cochran would have been long gone from this game if not for Jim, and perhaps Cochran resents that. Jim is honest with Cochran about concerns like challenge strength and things, if that's being mean Cochran is just being petty.

11-03-11, 09:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
< They should call this the Fast Forward Pagonging Twist.
Agree! I guess we should thank CBS for speeding things along.

Also agree that Ozzy's gone the first time he doesn't win immunity....but yet I get the vibe from the editing, rainbow, etc. that his game isn't over just yet. Of course his story could continue at RI...maybe he'll volunteer to go there once again - ha!

Meanness to Cochran could be the criteria, but looking at the boot possibilities from Coach/Albert/Sophie's point of view:

- Ozzy's the biggest challenge threat and supposed team leader and main meanie to Cochran, so he should be the #1 target if he doesn't win IC.
- Jim is a challenge threat and strategic threat, so he'd be near the top of the list. On the other hand, there appears to be no danger of him pairing up with Cochran.
- Whitney is no threat on any dimension...seems like they could get rid of her at any time.
- Dawn could slip through but in my opinion that would be a big mistake on Sophie's/Albert's part because she's shown to be the strongest woman remaining, plus she is smart and has good social skills and could easily infiltrate. But I could definitely see them underestimating her and as a result, Dawn could go far. She's certainly getting a good "Holly" like edit.

11-04-11, 00:54 AM (EST)
17. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Good thoughts, everyone.

I am in the camp who thinks Cochran's opinion of who to boot will carry little weight. Keith was an obvious threat, and Cochran's emphasis on just happened to work fine with good Upolu strategy.

Now they have the numbers, so he doesn't matter.
I feel that Ozzy will be gone next time. He had his big bang blaze of glory moment in the last three episodes. He may have some more on RI. But he will share the same fate as Mike Chiesl if he doesn't pull off both immunities, which I doubt he will. If one is mental, he has Sophie and Jim who doubtless are both superior in terms of memory. And the Cockroach as well. As a poker player, Jim is probably really good -- unless he goes in the first heat.

I have a gut feeling that Whitney could be toast. And Ozzy.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-04-11, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Agreed - Coach doesn't care what Cochran wants. I think they edited it to be that Cochran hated Keith the most so that it coincided with the most-obvious boot edit from Coach's tribe.

(Although I did like the theory someone had as to why they saved Whitney - for the "inevitable" rock-pull, you make sure the weakest person isn't involved, for the most bang-for-your-buck/pull)

Isn't Whitney supposed to be dating Keith in-real-life? Put me down for Whitney as Boot #2 if so (more time to bond with Keith at the lodge after they're both defeated by Ozzy next ep)

Also put me down for Ozzy being good at puzzle/memory challenges. He's no dummy - he's just not good at deceit and trickery.

11-04-11, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
I think Coach does care to some degree about what Cochran thinks, at least until Cochran helps him to get the numbers on his side. Once the old Savaii are pagonged from the game (as it appears to be the case), Coach still needs to secure his desired F3 with Albert and Sophie while Rick, Edna and Brandon are still in the game (a potential 3+3 scenario if any of those three get wind of the Coach/Albert/Sophie plan). Brandon's too strong in certain challenges and too volatile to risk being kept around as part of the F4, so Coach may need Cochran to help secure the numbers (no telling how Rick or Edna may feel by that point in the game).

So how to keep Cochran on Coach's side? To at least pretend that he gives a damn about how Cochran feels about whom to boot -- Whitney/Ozzy/Jim as the next three boots will go a long way toward securing Cochran's loyalty while also making it appear that Coach's listening to Cochran. I can see Coach letting Cochran feel that he's dictating the next few boots.

Kinda like leading a lamb to slaughter, really...

11-04-11, 03:15 PM (EST)
21. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-11 AT 03:33 PM (EST)

Good point, Pepe. I think Coach is playing a good social game this time around so will humor Cochran. (Just like he humors Brandon.)

The Insider Clip where Coach/Albert offer Cochran F4 is interesting because it gives some insight into how Coach is thinking about the end game, and how they'll possibly need Cochran for numbers vs. Brandon/Rick/Edna, as you mention.

I wonder, though, if Sophie and Albert are really Coach's desired F3 -- wouldn't he rather take goats like Edna or Brandon? We've seen a split in the C/S/A alliance before on the Mikayla issue, so it will be interesting to watch going forward. E.g., Coach can't win many challenges, so if I were him, I'd want to get rid of Albert at some point....unless Coach is going back to his old "take the strong warriors to the end" philosophy. I also wonder if Sophie/Albert plan to ditch Coach? Since it looks like a Pagonging is underway, turning to this core alliance seems to be the most interesting part of the game strategy now.

ETA: Dabo had a great point in another thread that now it's all about jury management for the core alliance. So Coach and Sophie need to think about courting votes.

11-04-11, 03:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Right, and we'll need to watch carefully whether the tribal divisions that appeared during the Mikayla boot pop up again when there's a boot that not all of them might be on board with -- i.e. when it comes to the outliers of the alliance such as Edna or Rick, or even deciding on let's say Whitney or Jim as the next boot.

As well, we need to watch and see if Coach's behaviour (and by association in particular, Albert's or Sophie's behaviour) changes toward Cochran in any way at all. We saw Coach working over Cochran big time, but we didn't see all that much from any of the other Upolus. If we see Coach's workings with Cochran declining, that would tell us he's going to be booted soon. If we see Albert or Sophie increasing their interactions with Cochran, that'd tell us he is a long term player. If we see Cochran chumming it up with Edna or Brandon in particular, might we think that there will be an attempt to cut out the so-called three alphas of Upolu?

So many questions, so many possibilities to watch out for as the main attraction over the next few weeks since it appears we'll have a pagonging for the next 3 episodes if the Upolus are smart.

11-06-11, 06:39 PM (EST)
24. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Pepe, I'm glad you made that point about how Cochran is useful to Coach and he does have incentive to humor him. I thought about that after I made my recent post here, and I agree.

I just don't think that Cochran gets to singlehandedly dictate the vote out. As we have seen, Albert and Sophie (and Brandon) have strong opinions. Albert is very physical, and I think it's safe to say that he sees challenge monsters as the bigger threats.

Even though Dawn did win a challenge, all the men outlasted her, so she is stronger than Whitney but not Ozzy or Jim. Also, older women tend to get discounted until they prove themselves to have "Jane" level of toughness.

Jim is going to be a target because he is both clever, a talker, and strong.
With Ozzy, it is too obvious to need a mention, but with respect to RI strategy, I would think if they consider it, better to send Ozzy early on, while there are still adept challenge players who could send him to the jury. The sooner he goes, the less likely he is to make it all the way.

Ozzy, Jim, Whitney, Dawn ... varied only if immunity wins force a change-up.

I think that once the first three are gone, Cochran could possibly try to ally with Dawn and try to crack Upolu. I guess it depends on how well Coach strokes his Shambo's ego and whether or not Cochran feels secure. Secure may not exist in Cochran's lexicon other than as an antonym to how he feels.

11-06-11, 07:25 PM (EST)
26. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
She held up her end in the weight-bearing challenge, she just didn't need to Jane it after she won the women's II in the first individual IC. That's 2.

11-06-11, 07:32 PM (EST)
27. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
I agree that her strength has been proven.
Cochran should try to keep her until last, plus Whitney is going to go off on him and I think she is not afraid to be unpleasant around camp. She might be seen as a trouble-maker like Monica.

So I think Whitney will be taken out before Dawn. Also Dawn has a big edit, and has had since the first episode. She could be the last Savai'i standing, or next to last.

I have this idea that Dawn could be the second RI returnee, but it's not based on anything other than her edit and her ability in challenges and to perform under pressure.

11-06-11, 07:58 PM (EST)
28. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-11 AT 08:05 PM (EST)

I agree, Whitney could prima donna her way to a unanimous vote out just because everyone gets sick of the camp irritation. And then if she wins the duel they all agree whoever draws the short straw at TC has to go put up with it at RI.

Dawn, I do think, is tougher than they've let on. Survivor is tough emotionally and physically on everyone, it takes inner strength to weather it.

11-04-11, 01:24 PM (EST)
20. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Well, before Maxx spoils and fabricates more nonsense, I'm going to come out with some boot picks.

Ozzy goes first unless he has II, so I'm assuming he doesn't. Ozzy is the first boot.

If they do the second boot the same as last time, after the first Tribal there is a second IC at Tribal and then a second Tribal. The second IC will probably be a memory game, right up Jim's poker playing alley. There are others who need good memory in their chosen fields, Edna, Sophie, Cochran, but I think Jim has the edge unless he's just feeling too defeated to care.

Whitney is the second boot.

11-05-11, 10:02 AM (EST)
23. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
Scratch that, no IC at Tribal before a second Tribal changes everything.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-07-11, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
>Well, before Maxx spoils and fabricates
>more nonsense,
I'm going to
>come out with some boot
>picks.

Well Dabo, it looks like you made Maxx's spoiler article this week...

..."I have to do that or all of this is nothing but “fabricated nonsense”. (What does that mean? Why did he put that in quotes? Is he messing with us?)."

Dabo: I think you are being a little unfair to Maxx. He has been very restrained with his posts and has accommodated our request to spoil week to week, (even though he probably wouldn't admit to being a nice guy.) There are obviously details he doesn't get and occasionally he speculates and provides his opinion.

I don't believe Maxx intentionally "fabricates" anything, but we should expect that occasionally he might get a few details wrong; those that get lost in translation.

Anyway, it's obvious that Maxx reads your posts Dabo, and I think we should be greatful that Maxx took the lead and chose to spoil week to week, of which Survivorsunite, iVrdo210, and others are trying to be somewhat respectful, and follow his lead.

Krautboy

11-07-11, 01:05 PM (EST)
31. "RE: E9 Title - 'Cut Throat'"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-11 AT 01:07 PM (EST)

It's tough love, KB, just tough love. Yeah, I understand that Maxx could be the victim of bad information sometimes; and I appreciate that Maxx himself has no hidden agenda, just is doing his thing for his site. That's cool.

Oh, I don't know what the "put it in quotes" part is about. No biggie.

11-06-11, 06:50 PM (EST)
25. "Double Eviction or Double Tribal?"
Thinking some more on this one:

As we know, SEG tends to schedule double tribals in the same episode slots as other seasons. Not for the viewer expectations, but for production reasons.

The "double eviction" teaser sounds more like the Julie/Steve eviction episode with the second IC held at TC, but I wonder if CBS is misleading us with that phrase.

The S22 episode post-merge, no RI duel, was a double tribal. (Mike and David)
Then came the double eviction episode.

The latter format, with a short challenge at TC, takes less time to run than a full double challenge double tribal. This matters because Ep 9 is the only episode that won't have a duel segment.

No duel means there is time to run a 2 separate IC's, 2 separate TC's episode. It makes sense to save the double eviction for Ep 10 (which will most likely feature a long duel segment with two back to backs). Or even Ep 11.

What do you all think about this teaser? Two cycle Double Tribal episode (1 day and 2 day cycles) or double-whammy single tribal with IC sandwich episode?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-11, 04:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Double Eviction or Double Tribal?"
I'm tending towards Two cycle Double Tribal episode.

Day 1:
Since they know there will be no duel (seeing as how Keith will be alone) it will necessitate a challenge of some sort. They can pray for a reward challenge but will be met with an immunity challenge. Or may both in one. Either way, they'll be heading to tribal that night.

Day 2:
Day off.

Day 3:
Time to get back on schedule...
Another Immunity(&Reward?) Challenge followed by another Tribal Council.

EP10
Day 1: Double Redemption duels.

11-07-11, 06:29 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Double Eviction or Double Tribal?"
Agree, see my post above, and like how you laid out the time frame.

We now know, I would say, because we have two outdoor challenges from previews.

I expect we'll see the TC-IC-TC Sandwich in Ep 11.

One effect of the two short cycles is that the pagongees have little time to infiltrate the opposing alliance and work on the cracks. It's like the producers acknowledge that whichever tribe comes out of merge ep with advantage will keep it until the numbers are whittled down and the majority alliance is ready to eat itself (IF that happens).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •