The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What happened to Blake and Paige"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-16-02, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What happened to Blake and Paige"
It seemed they were always getting ahead of the other teams in getting the clues (like with the boxes in the water and beating Will with the ice sculpture - and even in earlier episodes) but once they get into a car or cab they always end up light years behind.

I was so hoping that Blake/Paige would catch up and pass Tara/Will and Chris/Alex when they were fooling around and pretending to go to the wrong place. How funny would that have been!

Sigh, I guess now is just to wait for the next TAR and for the next dull, young, white, male team to win...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Drives like an old lady wildchickenhunter 05-16-02 1
   RE: Drives like an old lady SkyRaider 05-16-02 4
 RE: What happened to Blake and Paig... KMSwim1220 05-16-02 2
   RE: What happened to Blake and Paig... managerr 05-16-02 3
 RE: What happened to Blake and Paig... leeshy 05-16-02 5
 They got lost PagongRatEater 05-16-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-16-02, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Drives like an old lady"
I kept wondering the same thing....Everytime they got in a car they were in first place, but before you new it the were in third. Paige was always driving. I wonder if Paige drives like an old women. When I thought back It seemed like Paige did all the driving throught the show. Does Blake even have a license?

They must have really screwed up getting to the last clue in San Fran. They left the airport way ahead of everyone, then fed the cabbie directions. I wonder if they shouldn't have let the cabbie figure it out.

I am really glad TWIL did not win. Wil was the rudest piece of crap on reality T.V.

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-16-02, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Drives like an old lady"
Two possible reasons they had problems in the taxi:

1. Blake was so busy telling the world how much he loves Paige and how great she is (Does anyone get the impression that he's trying to marry her off? Did she EVER talk? Can she talk?) that he ended up in Berkley instead of San Francisco.

2. Taxi driver understood even less English than the other two did.

KMSwim1220 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-16-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KMSwim1220 Click to send private message to KMSwim1220 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What happened to Blake and Paige"
This is it... Blake has a license because he was driving the Snow Cat. I think that Paige drives because Blake does MOSt of the fast forwards. Also, Paige can't go over the speed limit becuase they get time penalties. Also, when they got the clue in Oakland, Tara and Wil were right with them and Chris and Alex had already gotten it. Tara and Wil also knew their way around. Blake and Paige appear to be a lot slower at distances also. But, yeah it would have been awesome if they had pulled it off and won.
~Blakelovingirl

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-16-02, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What happened to Blake and Paige"
Actually, it seemed that in the beginning, Blake did some driving as well. Then he got lost twice in Australia and then Paige seemed to do most of the driving duties after that...at least that's what they showed via editing.

leeshy 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-02, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leeshy Click to send private message to leeshy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What happened to Blake and Paige"
While I respect Blake and Paige for trying to play their own game and not merely following the other teams I think that is what ruined them in the end. When the teams were running around San Fran Twil and Chex were asking people for directions, but Blaige tried to only use the map. Perhaps they would have found the final clue faster if they had asked for some help.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-02, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "They got lost"
Everyone was even coming out of the airport, so let's take it from there. Blake and Paige got lost once they got to SF and went to the wrong landmark first and then had to find the right place to go. So instead of getting to the final clue first, they were right there with Tara and Wil. Wil was able, despite the fact that he didn't seem sure of where the Municipal Pier was, was able to get T/W there first. Blaige took a long time to get to the pier and probably didn't get to the finish line until about 10 minutes after the other teams. Just like in Sydney, they made some bad choices, but this time at the worst possible time.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •