The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-11, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
As posted by Volcanic Glass, Survivor Phoenix.

Could the title be regarding the instructions that Boston Rob may give everyone in the former Ometepe tribe regarding keeping Phillip with them. Keep an eye on Phillip at all times, as the Zaps are onto his placement in the hierarchy of the tribe.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" byoffer 04-07-11 1
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" dabo 04-07-11 2
       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" rachelOH63 04-07-11 3
 This week's clues confirm 2 boots SquidProQuo 04-07-11 4
   RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... tribephyl 04-07-11 5
       RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... parathor 04-07-11 6
           RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... Brownroach 04-07-11 7
       RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... Brownroach 04-07-11 8
           RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... CTgirl 04-07-11 11
       RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... KimberA00 04-07-11 9
       RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... Scarlett O Hara 04-07-11 14
   RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... Corvis 04-07-11 10
       RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... Brownroach 04-07-11 12
   RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boo... Flowerpower 04-07-11 13
 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Jaxxjack 04-07-11 15
 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Georjanna 04-08-11 16
 Voice Overs... Flowerpower 04-08-11 17
 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Flowerpower 04-08-11 18
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Travel_Queen 04-08-11 19
       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" parathor 04-08-11 20
           RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Flowerpower 04-08-11 21
 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" television 04-08-11 22
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Outfrontgirl 04-08-11 23
       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Flowerpower 04-08-11 24
           RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Outfrontgirl 04-09-11 28
               RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Flowerpower 04-09-11 34
                   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" michel 04-09-11 36
                       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" tribephyl 04-09-11 37
                           RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Outfrontgirl 04-09-11 39
                   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Chillicrab 04-11-11 46
                       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" parathor 04-12-11 47
       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" vince3 04-08-11 25
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Chillicrab 04-08-11 26
       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Outfrontgirl 04-09-11 27
           RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" kingfish 04-09-11 29
               RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" blueeyed 04-09-11 30
                   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" kingfish 04-09-11 33
               RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" parathor 04-09-11 32
               RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Flowerpower 04-09-11 35
                   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" kingfish 04-09-11 38
                       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Outfrontgirl 04-10-11 40
                       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Flowerpower 04-10-11 42
                           RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Outfrontgirl 04-10-11 43
                               RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Flowerpower 04-11-11 44
       RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Belle Book 04-09-11 31
 RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" Outfrontgirl 04-10-11 41
   RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System" dabo 04-11-11 45
 Survivor Tweet Flowerpower 04-12-11 48
   RE: Survivor Tweet dabo 04-12-11 49
   RE: Survivor Tweet ajglitch 04-12-11 50
       RE: Survivor Tweet dabo 04-12-11 51
           RE: Survivor Tweet ajglitch 04-12-11 52
               RE: Survivor Tweet dabo 04-12-11 54
                   RE: Survivor Tweet ChickieBoc 04-13-11 55
                       RE: Survivor Tweet dabo 04-13-11 59
       RE: Survivor Tweet Flowerpower 04-12-11 53
           RE: Survivor Tweet Outfrontgirl 04-13-11 56
 Thoughts on the Surprise michel 04-13-11 57
   RE: Thoughts on the Surprise dabo 04-13-11 58

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-11, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
That is a great idea, and something that Rob is certainly thinking about (he talked about going with Phillip to Redemption Duel last week as "babysitting").

While Matt and his waffling was dangerous, I thought the Omes should have taken out one Zap first to give them more buffer. Now one flip vote really puts the Omes at risk.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-11, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
Phillip can't win if he does that. To Ometepes he is a turncoat, to Zapateras he's a tool.

But let's learn our lesson and not underestimate the depths of dumb to which players can sink in this game.

Rob does still have his HII to fall back on.

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-07-11, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
>depths of dumb

Too funny!

Yeah, Omes have it in the bag...But what are the chances they'll be the final 6?!?!

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-07-11, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
THE CASTAWAYS FACE A SURPRISE DOUBLE TRIBAL COUNCIL THAT SENDS TWO PEOPLE TO REDEMPTION ISLAND,
ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13

"The Buddy System" — With a double tribal council sending two more castaways to Redemption Island, paranoia sets in and causes one castaway to dig deep for a chance to prolong their life in the game, on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND, Wednesday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-11, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
Well, here's our boot story for the week.
paranoia sets in and causes one castaway to dig deep for a chance to prolong their life in the game

The digger may end up digging their own grave.

So, who's most paranoid?

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-11, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
I'll say... Steve? This is the second time he's had votes cast against him, and he was the "one player has to dig deep" person from a few weeks ago.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-11, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
It was Stephanie who had to dig deeply, in Ep 6. She was voted out for her digging.

04-07-11, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-11 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

So, who's most paranoid?

Well, any of the Zaps could become paranoid, especially now that the idol is gone. Steve got a vote, as parathor pointed out. I could also see it being Mike or David. It's probably not Julie or Ralph.

Andrea might be feeling antsy now that Matt incriminated her in front of BRob, but I don't think this is referring to her. Everyone else on Ometepe should be okay.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-11, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
I could see Steve being paranoid - look at the way he was when Stephanie voted for him - but after Mike's last immunity challenge performance, I could see him digging deep to get immunity this time (I don't see him as getting paranoid though).

KimberA00 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-11, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimberA00 Click to send private message to KimberA00 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
I'm thinking it may be Grant. After the teasers about being his own man and all the Zaps "after" him, that might make him a tad paranoid.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-07-11, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
This sounds like Grant to me. He might have had a wake-up call after all of those votes last week.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-07-11, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
So that seems to indicate one tribal council where two people are voted out. Will they do one vote, get rid of someone, and then everyone vote a second time? Or something kooky where the top two vote getters are booted?

04-07-11, 05:26 PM (EST)
12. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
There has to some semblance of a double vote, so I don't think the latter, at least not with everyone casting just one vote. Maybe a single round of voting where everyone casts two votes?

04-07-11, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: This week's clues confirm 2 boots"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-11 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

Thanks for bringing this over, Squid! First of all it says a SURPRISE double tribal council....so, they show up for the IC and there Jiffy will tell them that they need to get immunity because tonight there will be not one, but two TC's where 2 people will be going to RI. The wording of the misdirection clue implies that they are forewarned most likely at the IC, that tonight there will be a double TC.

It also implies that the paranoia sets in and causes one castaway to really dig deep in the challenge....after Grant losing last week and getting 5 votes, I could see this being him. Or, I could see it being Mike, Steve, or Rooster. They are the strapping males, Steve got a vote last week. Mike and Rooster no longer have the HII to hide behind.

But, we see Grant hanging back with the Zaps eating rice....this led me to believe that there could be an RC and an IC. But, now I am reconsidering this idea. Most likely it is a combined RC/IC which leads me to believe that Rob wins it...he took the spa girls and Phillip with him on his reward? Leaving Grant back at Murlonia with the Zaps, his most trusted ally.

ETA: Scratch that last thought, per the Vidcap that VG brought over that identifies the spa girls on the other side of the shelter. Looks like Grant is making a conscious effort to mingle with the Zaps. So, there will be 2 IC's , 2 TC, 2 going to RI. I would give Grant a nod at winning the IC that we have vidcaps for, Rob and Mike could be contenders. Wonder what the other IC will be, where food is offered...definitely, I bet Phillip will sit out and eat.

Jaxxjack 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-11, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jaxxjack Click to send private message to Jaxxjack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
"causes one castaway to dig deep for a chance to prolong their life in the game"

Just a thought - Could this mean that someone goes "digging" to look for the HII, not knowing that Rob has it?

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-08-11, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-11 AT 01:35 AM (EST)

Assuming, for the moment, that there is only one Individual Immunity up for grabs in this Episode ...

I wonder if it might be possible that the remaining ten players are - at some point prior to the surprise "Double TC" vote - randomly paired in a "Buddy System" that would require each of them (and the IC winner) to cast their vote for a team of their fellow Survivors.

Note: I know that this is really far-fetched, but what fun it would be if, for instance, Phillip was spared Redemption Island because his new best bud was Natalie.

G

04-08-11, 07:22 AM (EST)
17. "Voice Overs..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-11 AT 07:24 AM (EST)

Posting the voice overs from the promos here:

Probst : Grant!...and Rob are through! Hello!
Probst: Rob cements control of his tribe.
Rob: One, two...
Ometepe Tribe : Ometepe.
Probst: Or does he?
Grant : I'm my own man. I make my own decisions.
Probst: And Phillip gets a makeover.
Jeff Probst : Phillip, did you have a collision with a hawk
Phillip: I asked for a sign and out of thin air appeared this feather.

VO: Matt fought his way off Redemption Island, only to be blindsided by Boston Rob...
Matt: "I feel like a moron."
VO: ... and get sent back again.
Dave: "This was like a hit straight out of a mob movie."
VO: Now, the island Godfather...
Rob: "It's my game. I'm in charge."
VO: ... is pulling all the strings.
Julie: "There's no breaking their loyal shield."
VO: But even a mob boss is afraid of something.
Rob: VO: Will two Tribal Councils ...
Phillip: "I've got to make something happen."
VO: ... end his reign?
Rob: "You have to gamble."

So, what do the voiceovers tell us? First of all it points out that "Rob cements control of his tribe", but then..."or does he?" Is this misdirection?

We get David's reaction shot of the boot, "This was like a hit straight out of a mob movie". Which, I might add, David admired....more Rob love?

Then we have a cocky, Godfather-like Rob. It's my game. I'm in charge. Rob has told us many times that he has to be the leader....he can't sit in the passenger side of the car, if he's going, he has to be in the drivers seat. With the merge, they have to vie for positions. This is not surprising that he's gotten himself in the drivers seat. But, if they are making him out to be cocky, uh-oh.

Then, we hear that all of the Ome's are loyal, from Julie, there's no breaking their loyal shield.

But, then the VO casts some doubt...but even a mob boss is afraid of something. And immediately we hear from Phillip, who has to make something happen. Notice that they insert Phillip, who's going to try and make something happen immediately after hinting that the mob boss has to be afraid of something. Are they trying to say that Rob should be weary of Phillip?

Then they ask, Will two TC's end his reign? Then we have Rob noting, you have to gamble. Is Phillip willing to gamble? Is Rob willing to gamble? Note in the promo they show the HII, will Rob gamble and NOT use the HII? I think so.

Most likely this is all hype. Casting doubt on Rob, once again. It's beginning to turn into a show where everyone is being hyped as against Rob. Rob vs. everyone...hmmm?

It just seems that all of the promos so far are about casting doubt on Rob. Will he be able to keep control....once again the theme is about keeping control. It's either misdirection or foreshadowing...most likely misdirection.

04-08-11, 08:39 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
There was a portion of the voiceover that was omitted...the voiceover is:

VO: Matt fought his way off Redemption Island, only to be blindsided by Boston Rob...
Matt: "I feel like a moron."
VO: ... and get sent back again.
Dave: "This was like a hit straight out of a mob movie."
VO: Now, the island Godfather...
Rob: "It's my game. I'm in charge."
VO: ... is pulling all the strings.
Julie: "There's no breaking their loyal shield."
VO: But even a mob boss is afraid of something.
Rob:I cant' shake this idol paranoia. It might cost me my survivor life.(This is said when we see the footage of Mike and David digging for the idol, and then Phillip shown digging with the shovel...

VO: Will two Tribal Councils ...
Phillip: "I've got to make something happen."
VO: ... end his reign?
Rob: "You have to gamble."

I think that Mike is shown finding the idol in the vidcaps. So, Rob is thinking out this possibility and noting that he has to gamble....so, more than likely the target will be on someone who is less threatening....I am thinking Steve, David, or Julie...

I also believe now that Rob will win the challenge. The second phase looks to be some sort of a puzzle challenge, word puzzle, or more traditional puzzle. And, the last phase is a spatial puzzle of some kind, I think. Rob is spatially gifted, imo. He will be really hard to beat.

Mike is "digging" for his survivor life when he is looking for the idol. Clearly a clue must have been found that notes it's in the ground... and we see Mike finding something. I am "gambling" that Mike finds it.

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-08-11, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
Assuming traditional single TC. If Mike finds the Idol, a split vote won't work to flush the idol and boot a Zap, as they don't have the numbers. I think that's what Rob means with a gamble, they have to guess which Zap wouldn't have or be given the idol. Musical Idol.

04-08-11, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
I think you're right. Which means the likely target "should" be Ralph.

From Zapatera's viewpoint: would Ometepes target Mike? Definitely. So they won't target Mike, because that's too obvious. They already targeted Steve, so that's a little less obvious (would they do it again? maybe), and who is just like Steve? Julie. Which leaves Dave (a mental threat), and Ralph (who already gave away his idol, so feels safe).

Thats who I'd target, if I were trying to outtthink the Zapatera: Ralph.

04-08-11, 01:19 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
This could get good. The clues say that it's a double TC, which means 2 tribal councils. So, in the first one, IF, Mike decides to play the HII, when the Ome's target someone else, Ralph, Julie, David, Steve. But, that would also free Mike up to be voted out in the second TC....this could be really tricky. Mike could indeed go as well. If I were him, I'd hold the idol in the first vote...it's the only possible way he can survive both TC's.

I agree, they will have to throw all of their votes to one person. And, as Rob noted, he's going to have to gamble.

I think they would be worried about Ralph, as Ralph gave his idol to Mike, might they think that Mike would do the same thing to Ralph? I would think that David, Steve, or Julie could be the best bets. But, Stephanie told them that David was the one that was the most rational at Zap, so more than likely they will choose either Steve or Julie as the first boot. If Mike gambles and doesn't play the idol in the first TC, then again, I'd say Steve or Julie would go...

television 282 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-11, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
My thoughts are that, because the idol is back in play, Rob proposes a 'buddy system' whereby his tribemates are each assigned a Zap to keep their eyes on so that they don't find the idol. This would be classic Mariano Godfathering, and also a very smart move. Can't see how the 'buddy system' could refer to anything else.

Perhaps this kind of control makes his tribe question him in confessionals, much like in HvV when he just stated the 'no one is going to look for the idol' proclamation. Ultimately, though, those are just weak soundbites and misdirection I think. His tribe will see the sense and follow suit, and vote out another Zap.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-11, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
Why do we think the idol gets rehidden?

The only reason there were two post-merge idols last season is that the original idols found pre-merge never got played.

In S20, the pre-merge idols got played, two of them, and only one idol got hidden. In S19, Erik's idol got booted with him at the merge, and Russell played his idol, so both idols were out of play. One was hidden to replace them.

Right now, there is still an idol in play, and there is only one tribe, so why would there be two idols now?

I can't remember if we've had this situation before.
In Tocantins, Gabon, Micronesia there was only one idol in play at a time ever, hidden at Exile.

In China, James got voted out with two, one from each camp, but that was pre-merge. I can't remember what happened after that, or what happened in fiji.

In the Cooks, there was only one, at Exile, same with PEI, which was the first season to have the HII (after they introduced a short-lived HII in Guatemala).

Anyone remember Fiji and China, what happened post-merge?

04-08-11, 11:13 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
I was not thinking that the idols would get rehidden, until the promo came out with the wording...

Rob: Rob:I cant' shake this idol paranoia. It might cost me my survivor life.

As he states this we see Mike and David digging at their flag on the beach, and Mike finds something in a draw string pouch...it must be the idol. Then later we see Phillip and Rob digging in the same spot with a shovel. So, we concluded that there must have been a clue that emerged, and got them all on the hunt again. Mike is going to get it, imo, which will lead to being paranoid regarding who has it, and who doesn't have it. Rob says later in the promo, We are going to have to gamble, meaning they will have to gamble on their boot choice...

Check the vidcap thread to note the vidcaps with the diggers.

04-09-11, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
I did finally read the vidcaps topic after I posted above, but then it looked like you changed your mind and the digging is at the challenge?

They could well decide to throw a new HII into the mix for the merge. I was wondering if it had ever been done before without the pre-merge idols being played.

04-09-11, 04:08 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
Hiya OFG....I know it's confusing, but EPMB has manipulated the vidcaps as always....I will bring a few over here just to differentiate them...

All of the digging shots are when Rob notes,"idol paranoia, it could cost me my Survivor life...."

In this order...

First of all you will note that David and Mike appear to be looking for something, an idol, at the tribe flag, located at the new beach...

Then, we see Mike finding something, and you see what appears to be the flagpole lying on it's side....which, I took for him actually finding the idol. But, someone with sharp eyes noted that what I thought was the flag, was actually the baton that Mike has to dig up and then go bash the tile with at the challenge - the same challenge that we have vidcaps for. So, while we see Mike and David digging and searching for an idol, we DO NOT see them finding one....

Then, we see Rob and Phillip also digging to look for the idol at the Tribe flag...

Clearly, it appears that someone in the tribe has received a clue, because they are all looking. Someone has to "dig deep", which implies that they have to dig to find the idol. I am betting that they do find one, because Rob will need to be paranoid and he'll have to "gamble"...

It had appeared to me that Mike had found the idol in a drawstring pouch, but that did not come to fruition when someone at Mess pointed out that it was the baton from the challenge...d'uh!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-11, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
Rob's paranoia about the idol could be about HIS idol. He hasn't revealed that he has the idol so people looking around for it might get them to figure out he has it. Now, imagine what Grant would think, knowing Rob let him receive 5 votes without giving him any protection.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-11, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
That's what I'm thinking too.
Rob's self-induced paranoia over not telling anyone about it.

04-09-11, 11:19 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
The old idol was in a tree, so I think they have a new clue that indicates digging, and in a fairly specific way.

The other two idols found this season without a clue were found 1) by coincidence (Ralph); 2) by observing where the earth was disturbed (Kristina). Both were found more out in the wilds rather than near a manmade artifact.

I think they get a clue with a reward, and there are multiple reward winners. I would spec the top finishers of the sucha challenge. Mike will not let Rob snag a clue from under his nose the way Russell did to him early in the game, and most likely it will get read aloud. That way, the word goes out about the clue, and we get something more free for all as in the post-merge in HvV.

It doesn't sound like Rob gets it.
I do think Rob needs to be paranoid about Grant discovering he was hoarding the idol, absolutely.

Chillicrab 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-11-11, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chillicrab Click to send private message to Chillicrab Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
Is it really the baton from the challenge?

The way the tile is tied seem different from the black thing attached to the pole where they are digging. It looks more like the black side of the flag that is facing Rob here.

On the other hand, why are 2 group digging the same spot, unless Mike and David covertly found it then Phillip,Rob and gang came to dig after the pouch was taken away.

By the way, does anyone remember if this season's HII ever came in a drawstring pouch? I seem to remember that Ralph and Rob's came wrapped in parchment paper and tied like a little parcel.

04-12-11, 08:13 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
I think they mean this photo is from the challenge (and not from Mike's digging, as the placement of the photos would indicate) -

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-11, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
China: They had put up a 'last call' for HII clues just before James got KO'd, and that was after the merge, I believe.

Fiji: Both idols were found before the merge, with the Horsemen trying to play Musical Idol, only to get stabbed by Dre. Yao then had to play his idol to prevent a blindside on him... Earl found the final idol and kept it until it wasn't any good...

Chillicrab 50 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-11, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chillicrab Click to send private message to Chillicrab Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
When I first saw the title, I thought it will be something Rob will say to ensure that his alliance stay loyal. But the trick of getting this done without causing resentment, that requires finese. I would think he might want to get his followers to buddy with prospective flippers like Phillip/Andrea so that there is no opportunity to flip without him and his loyal ones knowing. But with the idol paranoia quote, you might be right about monitoring if/who finds another HII. If he gets his own tribe to buddy with the Zaps, he has to be careful he does not create opportunity for them to like the Zaps and increase the risk of flipping. After all, when Mike was Bible sharing with Matt and Ashley?buddying with Matt, he talked about not wanting anyone to know they like the same things and bond together, even Oreo cookies
So is the Buddy System keeping your friends close or your enemies closer?

If there is another HII appearing at this time, SOMEONE must really want the Zaps=Mike to stage some fight instead of having this be a Survivor:Boston Rob Season. After all, Rob seems to be stringing everyone along, from Grant his right handman to the Zaps. I hope Amber brings that stuff toy to the Reunion to show the amateurs what a ride they have been taken for.
Well, this will be BRob's last season with the way he took things, if he ever wants to play another, he'll be booted off as fast as the Throll was.
Just wondering why the Omes are so trusting of him, did he not throw is friends under the bus to land himself a wife and Amber a million dollars?

04-09-11, 01:46 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
>>> Just wondering why the Omes are so trusting of him, did he not throw is friends under the bus to land himself a wife and Amber a million dollars?

Maybe because Natalie was in middle school when All Stars aired?
He only threw Lex, Kathy, and Big Tom under the bus, but never a cute girl in a bikini?

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-11, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
That's been bothering me too, especially this season after all the exposure we've had to Boston Rob.

Why does this:

or more specifically this:

not make sirens go off in their heads?

"Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson!"

Anybody that sees that should instinctively scramble for the root cellar.

blueeyed 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-09-11, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blueeyed Click to send private message to blueeyed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
Maybe all they know of Rob is HvV. He didn't get far enough that season to throw anyone under the bus and he really was edited to be a Hero. Notice he got rid of the older, smarter players that would have been familiar with All Stars.

04-09-11, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
You may be right. Welcome aboard, Blueeyes.

04-09-11, 12:51 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
In Marquesas, All-Stars, and HvV, Rob's alliancemate won.

In Marquesas, he:

• teamed up with Kathy and planted the seeds to get her to overthrow the badguys

In AllStars, he:

• built a kickin' shelter
  • had a lovestory
  • dominated challenges
  • dragged his alliance-of-4 to the final 4

In Heroes/Villains, he:

• was anti-EvilRussell
  • started fire from scratch
  • dominated challenges
  • in-line to carry his team to the merge, if Tyson hadn't been dumb

Toss in his Amazing Races, where he either dominated most parts of the race, or found new ways to change the face of that game forever (convincing other players to do stuff for him, or not eat after him, etc.)

...it's a wonder to me why people aren't lining up to be on his team.

04-09-11, 05:55 PM (EST)
    35. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
    LAST EDITED ON 04-10-11 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-09-11 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

Hey King....I like that smile so much, can I add it to my siggie???

04-09-11, 06:53 PM (EST)
    38. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
    You got it sweetie, I actually thought of stealing it from your sig. You and Need it resized?

It's kind of a cross between a fun loving smile and a "I'm picking your pocket" smile.

04-10-11, 07:27 PM (EST)
    40. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
    My younger son has that exact smile. It's the smile he uses when he can't contain his pleasure that he has the upper hand, is getting an extra share of the cake, has just pulled the winning card out and played it, or has otherwise pulled something over on someone. I know it well.

04-10-11, 09:00 PM (EST)
    42. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
    LAST EDITED ON 04-10-11 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-10-11 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

You know king...it's kind of what I envision your smile to be...

I like it just the way it is, thanks so much! OFG, your son must have a killer smile!

04-10-11, 09:59 PM (EST)
    43. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
    well, when we get that particular smile we are typically on the losing end.
    My son also likes to add a bit of a snuffle when he is teased, because he was born Year of the Rat.

Rob Mariano was born Year of the Cat aka the Rabbit or Hare. My DH is also a Cat and known for his big wide smile. The creator of the famous Cheshire Cat and its smile, Lewis Carroll, was also born under this sign.

Just for fun, I googled smile of the year of the Rabbit and found this:

“Although this year might look harmonious on the outside, underneath, the smile of the rabbit will hide a dagger, meaning there will be secret struggles, terrorist attacks, and also war that goes underground.”

I thought that was pretty funny.

04-11-11, 06:46 AM (EST)
    44. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
    Wow, there really could be something with that smile then. No wonder he's walking all over these trusting and naiive people. Also, I can see why he likes to gamble. But I think when you've got a smile like that, it can take you a very long way!

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
    DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-09-11, 12:02 PM (EST)
    Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
    31. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
    Why were the Ometepe tribe members were so trusting? In part because Boston Rob is a real charmer. He's not like the Troll, who deliberately antagonizes people. Also, maybe not a lot of people who are left saw him in All-Stars.

04-10-11, 07:34 PM (EST)
    41. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
    I went back over all the seasons with idols, here:
    http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7607.shtml#68

Summary: Fiji was the only season where there were two idols found pre-merge and only one was played at the merge. A new idol was hidden in camp, with new clues (at Exile). Earl eventually found it, which meant that he and Yau both had one.

In HvV, both idols were played at the merge and only one was rehidden and in play for the balance of the game.

This season resembles Fiji in terms of idols found and played at the merge. I know the producers try to get Fiji, but it looks like they follow that model and there will be a new idol in play.

04-11-11, 09:05 AM (EST)
    Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
    45. "RE: Episode 9, "The Buddy System""
    They do love HIIs. Probably afraid Mariano is going to just sit on his until it is useless (which really makes for a bad TV moment when one or two HIIs are handed to Jeff in a "well this is a useless move but this is useless after now" play).

04-12-11, 11:02 AM (EST)
    48. "Survivor Tweet"

In case folks have not seen this, Survivor Tweeted this:

Can the friendship of a buddy maintain the strength of an alliance?

Then, they added the link to the preview. I think most are associating this clue with Grant. Will his friendship with Rob be enough to maintain the strength of an alliance, as Rob goes off to Reward, and leaves Grant home with the Zap boys...it's misdirection, imo, but we should consider it food for thought.

Also, I came across this paragraph in Rob Cesternino's blog regarding Phillip and his actions in Ep 8, which I thought I'd post...

1. Phil's Flops - Whatever happened to hell hath no fury like a lion or a gorilla who has been provoked? Just last week Phillip talked about getting rid of Boston Rob at the merge, now all of the sudden, Phillip is completely loyal to Boston Rob. Through 20 days of Survivor, Phillip has switched from plotting Boston Rob's demise to being B.F.F. with Boston Rob no less than 43 times. A week ago, I would've predicted that Phillip was ready to jump ship quicker than Billy Zane in Titanic, but it turns out that Phillip is already feuding with David and the rest of the Zapatera tribe. This could not be better for Boston Rob that the most likely member of his tribe to defect is already fighting with the other tribe. It all looks good now for Boston Rob, but he's got to make sure he never forgets that Phillip can change his mind faster than Meat Loaf can lose his temper.

04-12-11, 11:26 AM (EST)
    49. "RE: Survivor Tweet"
    "Buddy System" may simply be an appropriate quote to go along with two boots.

Rob-Grant
    Rob-Natalie
    Rob-Phillip
    Rob-Andrea
    Natalie-Ashley
    Natalie-Ashley-Andrea
    Phillip-Grant-Rob
    Phillip-Andrea
    Matt-Andrea
    Mike-Steve
    Julie-David
    Ralph-Steve-Julie

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-11, 01:17 PM (EST)
    Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
    50. "RE: Survivor Tweet"
    Ok, so who here thinks there is going to be a triple duel or back to back duel, two TCs and a RC all in one episode? I honestly don't see how they can squeeze that all in. I have not seen anyone discuss this yet. The challenge pics I've seen indicate a combined reward/II challenge. Give up for food = reward. Play for II = no reward. That is how I see it going down. Not two separate challenges.

As for the duels, again, unless they do a back to back with the order being 1st voted out against Matt and then 2nd against winner, I don't see how they fit it in.

Tribal council - I've seen a lot of talk about Mike having a HI. How is this possible? They have not reentered a second HI after the merge before and I don't think they will start now. Double elimination for sure but at the same TC. I can see Probst saying to the remaining survivors after the torch snuffing "Don't go anywhere, this is a double elim..."

That is my take on how they could possibly fit all this drama into one show.

> Boston Rob,
    > got to make
    >sure he never forgets that
    >Phillip can change his mind
    >faster than Meat Loaf can
    >lose his temper.
    >

LOL, I saw that episode and never laughed so hard in my life. You should also add, he can change his mind faster than Busey forgets what he has done or said.

04-12-11, 01:36 PM (EST)
    51. "RE: Survivor Tweet"
    Two challenges, one at beach, one at pool. Both for immunity. Food may be involved in both, though reward in one possibly bribe in other to sit out or drop out. Two Tribals on separate days. No action on Redemption Island, no time for that with two challenges and two Tribals; just arrivals and talk, surprise of no duel. Two vote offs, no eliminations, two eliminated in three-way duel at start of next episode.

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-11, 01:48 PM (EST)
    Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
    52. "RE: Survivor Tweet"
    Hmm, ok I see where you are going with this. So you are proposing that next week we would see a back to back duel, 1 TC, 1 RI and one elimination?

With absolutely no duel then I can see how they could squeeze it all in especially since I just spotted the "hanging" vidcaps.

*blush*

04-12-11, 02:03 PM (EST)
    54. "RE: Survivor Tweet"
    I think it would be one duel with three participants; one winner, two eliminated. Back to back two-way duels would mean one person has to compete twice, win twice, that wouldn't be fair even by the loosest standards.

They still have an extra player to eliminate before getting to the finale episode.

ChickieBoc 4 desperate attention whore postings
    DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-13-11, 01:43 AM (EST)
    Click to EMail ChickieBoc Click to send private message to ChickieBoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
    55. "RE: Survivor Tweet"
    I was thinking the 3 way duel might be done in 2 parts. For example, all dig for puzzel pieces, the 1st two too find them are through, and last place eleminated. Then the winners of that heat duel it out with a puzzle?

Just a thought..

04-13-11, 09:57 AM (EST)
    59. "RE: Survivor Tweet"
    That would be do-able. All of the arena duels are recycled challenges from the past, we'll need to see if they promo anything from the arena.

04-12-11, 01:48 PM (EST)
    53. "RE: Survivor Tweet"
    LAST EDITED ON 04-12-11 AT 01:48 PM (EST)

Hi aj: Note the SOTS thread. We have evidence of 2 separate challenges now. Also, note what OFG has posted. That with 2 challenges, must have their own TC's. So we know that are having one IC/RC + TC, then another IC with another TC. As far as the HII goes, OFG has done her homework with that as well. In Fiji they indeed hid another idol post merge, while Yau-man still had his. So, it leaves some room for speculation...

04-13-11, 05:28 AM (EST)
    56. "RE: Survivor Tweet"
    Now with the help of the Press Photos, which VG has placed in order of days by time stamp, what would be great is if we can date any of the camp shots from video that don't have stamps, say by clothing and hair.

I don't think the shot of Grant eating rice with the Zaps is during a reward. The press photos show that Phillip was eliminated first heat. I am willing to bet that this reward goes to the three people who compete in the last heat, one of whom wins immunity.

We also need to figure out if the second heat is run with six individuals or two teams of three. If teams -- Rob, David, Grant vs. Julie, Ralph, Mike.

Teams are fine for RC, but bizarre for immunity. How unfair if Mike cannot win immunity because his companions are slower than the aggregate of the other team.

OTOH, they are standing in rows of three, and if they have to physically get to what look like the old spittoons, then the person with the middle position has a longer run. We need to figure out the second heat.

Back to the photo of Grant socializing, I think it is just a camp scene, and Rob and Phillip are off doing something. Mike's shirt is hanging there, which Mike wore at the challenge, but no Mike in view.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-11, 07:22 AM (EST)
    Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
    57. "Thoughts on the Surprise"
    I'm not sure if we can tell by the challenge vidcaps but what I would do to surprise the castaways about the second TC would go like this: The morning after the first TC, you give them tree mail inviting them to the duel arena. They expect to see the duel but, instead, they are told they will be competing for IC! And, why not, you even get the RI residents to compete alongside, the loser of that duel is sent home.

04-13-11, 09:52 AM (EST)
    58. "RE: Thoughts on the Surprise"
    That would be cute but the second challenge is at the pool not the arena.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •