The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-11, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
Thanks to Survivor Fever for the video captures!

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...at Redemption Island, Matt's winning streak is in trouble.

Jeff: Matt you need to get that bag open!

Matt: I'm working on it, Probst.

Jeff: And a girl's spa day...

Ashley : If you can make yourself be more comfortable, why not?

Jeff: ...causes a Phillip Sheppard meltdown.

Phillip: This is not pageant. Get off your butts and help out around here.

Phillip : I'm your red headed stepchild.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Redemption Island Arena Vidcaps VolcanicGlass 03-17-11 1
   VG you are amazing! Flowerpower 03-17-11 2
       RE: VG you are amazing! SquidProQuo 03-17-11 5
           RE: VG you are amazing! Flowerpower 03-17-11 8
               RE: VG you are amazing! Outfrontgirl 03-18-11 13
 RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread Flowerpower 03-17-11 3
 RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread SquidProQuo 03-17-11 4
   RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread VolcanicGlass 03-17-11 9
       RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread Flowerpower 03-17-11 11
 RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread Brownroach 03-17-11 6
   RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread dabo 03-17-11 10
       RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread Outfrontgirl 03-18-11 14
       RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread Woogie 03-18-11 18
 Red Headed Step Child dabo 03-17-11 7
 Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challe... VolcanicGlass 03-18-11 12
   RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Ch... Flowerpower 03-18-11 15
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Ch... dabo 03-18-11 16
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Ch... Corvis 03-18-11 17
           RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Ch... Brownroach 03-18-11 19
               RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Ch... dabo 03-18-11 20
                   RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Ch... Krautboy 03-18-11 22
               RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Ch... Flowerpower 03-18-11 23
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Ch... michel 03-18-11 21
       RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Ch... Outfrontgirl 03-18-11 24
 E6 Web Promo - Duel & Chal Blind Freddy 03-19-11 25
   RE: E6 Web Promo - Duel & Chal Outfrontgirl 03-19-11 26
       RE: E6 Web Promo - Duel & Chal Blind Freddy 03-19-11 27
 Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo VolcanicGlass 03-19-11 28
   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Outfrontgirl 03-19-11 29
   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo Flowerpower 03-19-11 30
   RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo dabo 03-19-11 32
 RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread Scarlett O Hara 03-19-11 31
 The case for an Ashley boot CTgirl 03-21-11 33
   RE: The case for an Ashley boot Corvis 03-21-11 34
       RE: The case for an Ashley boot CTgirl 03-21-11 35
           RE: The case for an Ashley boot michel 03-21-11 38
               RE: The case for an Ashley boot Outfrontgirl 03-21-11 39
                   RE: The case for an Ashley boot michel 03-21-11 42
               RE: The case for an Ashley boot Flowerpower 03-21-11 41
                   RE: The case for an Ashley boot Woogie 03-23-11 50
                       RE: The case for an Ashley boot parathor 03-23-11 51
       RE: The case for an Ashley boot Flowerpower 03-21-11 36
   RE: The case for an Ashley boot Outfrontgirl 03-21-11 37
       RE: The case for an Ashley boot PepeLePew13 03-21-11 40
           RE: The case for an Ashley boot Brownroach 03-22-11 43
               RE: The case for an Ashley boot Outfrontgirl 03-22-11 45
                   RE: The case for an Ashley boot michel 03-22-11 46
                       RE: The case for an Ashley boot Outfrontgirl 03-22-11 47
                           RE: The case for an Ashley boot michel 03-22-11 48
                               The HII !!! dabo 03-23-11 49
                                   RE: The HII !!! Brownroach 03-23-11 52
 Vidcaps - 20 seconds Promo VolcanicGlass 03-22-11 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-17-11, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Redemption Island Arena Vidcaps"

Close-Ups

03-17-11, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "VG you are amazing!"
WOW, thanks so much for the blow ups, VG! We can totally see the maze board that they have to work the puzzle on....you can see that it is one of those boards that you have to get a ball to go through without dropping out at the wrong hole....I wonder what kinds of pieces in the bag are needed to do this challenge? Perhaps there are 3 or so balls in the bag....you have to get 3 balls through the maze from start to finish to win, avoiding all of the wrong holes. This will favor fine motor skills, patience, and perserverence. Jiffy warned that Matt would have a tough time this week, and he seems like he's prodding him.

I wonder if Matt is starting to crack out there with the lonliness....as was noted when he lost his focus in the challenge last night and wanted to talk with Rob in the middle of the challenge? That didn't seem wise to me at all....we certainly know that Krista will be focused, and this is a challenge that she indeed could win.

I can clearly see Natalie sitting with Andrea, I think. I think it's Andrea, because she is wearing her long sleeved shirt...it's got to be Julie on the other side along with Mike, as they haven't gone yet...

VERY helpful zoom ins! Thank you!

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-17-11, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VG you are amazing!"
FloPo, check out Jeff's blog. He says it was a really hard challenge that took way longer than it looked. Evidently Kristina almost passed out. From what Jeff says, Matt didn't really lose his focus. But I do think they showed us that scene between Rob and Matt for a reason!

03-17-11, 11:32 AM (EST)
8. "RE: VG you are amazing!"

But I do think they showed us that scene between Rob and Matt for a reason!

No doubt about it, Squid! What was also interesting was that in Jeff's Blog he revealed that that challenge took a very long time and that Rob and Matt had a long conversation...

Finally, there was also a much longer discussion between Boston Rob and Matt where Matt quizzed Rob about why he voted him out.

Now, when you put this in the context of what was edited out on the show, I have to wonder. Obviously the show editors didn't want to give away that Rob gave really anything away....but, after the challenge it was surprising to me to hear Matt say that he would like to rejoin them at Ometepe....

This makes more sense if we now hear that they had a longer conversation regarding the boot rationale...hmmmm? But, there is obviously alot going on here...it just seemed odd to me at first, that Matt is going off on a tangent with Rob when he's in a timed challenge, a race to finish to keep his life in the game....it didn't sit well with me. But, all was well in the end for him, that's for sure! He had an opportunity to address Rob and he did...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-11, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: VG you are amazing!"
Perhaps Matt sensed that Kristina was almost passing out and there was no way she was finishing it?

03-17-11, 09:47 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
Just wanted to make an observation regarding the preview vidcaps...wow, it's still all about Phillip. Will they use him as the misdirection until the end? Looks like it. Question is, is Phillip the misdirection for one of the girls, OR, is the entire Ometepe tribe the misdirection here. There are NO shots of the Zaps anywhere. Could this imply that the Ometepe's will lose the challenge?

From the last episode, I got the impression that the Sarita and David are polarizing the tribe now, so most likely they will step into the boot spotlight, along with outsider, Stephanie...

At Ometepe, Phillip is polarizing the group...misdirection? If all the Ome's have to worry about is a spa day, then I'd say things are going smoothly?

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-17-11, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
I can clearly see Natalie sitting with Andrea, I think.

Yes, looks like Natalie in yellow and would make sense for her to go this time, since she's the only one left who hasn't been to RI.

Re the table maze challenge: Any ideas which one this is? I think Jeff said all the RIs are repeats/reworks of previous challenges. The maze table kinda looks like the one that "Nice Russell" passed out on (which was also repeated in Heroes vs. Villains) but can't be that one since multiple people had to do that one. I was googling and apparently Panama had a table maze challenge but haven't found clip yet and need to get back to work.

Between the promo and Jeff's blog, it sure sounds like Krista gives Matt a run for his money.

03-17-11, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
>Re the table maze challenge: Any
>ideas which one this is?

Tocantins E10 (or E11 if you count the Recap as an episode) - the IC which Coach Ben won. First three to retrieve bags with grappling hooks moved on to the table maze.

03-17-11, 12:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
Thanks so much, VG! That's it!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-11, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
I find it hard to believe they'd be announcing that Matt's winning streak is in trouble if he does actually lose the duel to Krista. There isn't even any shot of her in the promo, it's like she's invisible again.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-11, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
Matt has a good story going. Krista, it seems, is just an unlikeable adjunct of the Russellseed story. Easy on the eyes, but no story of her own.

The isolation has to be tough, though, Jeff was even tweating a bit about that last night, Matt has very little to occupy his time at RI. Losing his focus?

03-18-11, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
In the promo, it looks like Matt gets stuck opening a bag.
He is probably great at the table maze once he gets the ball out of the bag.
Matt is very steady.

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-11, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
IMO the Russellseed story can be carried on by Stephanie, not necessarily Krista. Stephanie seemed to be vocal and had lots of confessionals compared to Krista. Krista did had some say in her last confessional and TC but I think that will be it.
On the other hand, Matt's journey story also seems to be in favor of him rejoining, which hopefully comes soon. Agreed with many people here that Matt's conversation with Rob saying he wishes to rejoin the Omes and Phil talking with Andrea about grouping with Matt again supports this.

However, in the Insider clips there is something Matt saying that after seeing Russell cry over his family, he'll seed in Kristina's head about family to keep her weak emotionally. The promo said Matt and Krista gets along with their luxury items may make Matt emotional in some ways. The promo and Jeff also emphasizes that Matt's winning streak is in trouble.

Torn between the two, but I guess the promo and Jeff saying Matt's in trouble could be misdirection. The shots of past duel shot showed Kristina might be ahead but Matt still won anyway.

03-17-11, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Red Headed Step Child"
The promo on the CBS site, is this where the titles come from?

Next on: Red Headed Step Child

Will the betrayal of an alliance unleash a tribe mate's inner animal?

If they hold to form this is heading for another Ometepe TC.

03-18-11, 06:36 AM (EST)
12. "Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
From the PIP Promo
VO: One Survivor tries to continue his winning run and another is dividing his tribe. That's Wednesday, on 'Survivor', only on CBS.

Duel

Ometepe Camp

Challenge

03-18-11, 08:37 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-11 AT 08:38 AM (EST)

Thanks so much, VG, these are awesome. We see that the RI challenge is just like the Tocantins one, they have to use a grappling hook to get their bag(bags?), then get the ball out and do the board maze. Clearly, Krista is ahead when Matt gets his bag, as Jeff screams at him to hurry up...

I think we have seen the challenge that the tribes are doing as well. Interesting, we have Natalie and Stephanie doing the slinging of the balls. It appears that they are all mixed up together. It appears that just as Julie is about to catch a purple ball, Andrea knocks her down, and Julie doesn't get the ball. I think it's Andrea because she has those ties on the sides of her bikini bottoms.

Here is another capture of her...

Also note that the ball landed in Julie's net, but bounces out...

Note that Rooster, Andrea, Julie, Rob are seen in these frames.

Then we see Ashley, could be Andrea, diving for a purple ball, but she does not get it. Ashley, Rob, apparently Andrea and Grant should shine at this, as should Mike...

Here is the one showing that Ashley does not get the purple ball, see it on the ground...

The Sports Announcer read the transcript:

One Survivor (show Matt) tries to continue his winning run, and another (show Phillip) is dividing his tribe....that's Wednesday on CBS...

My question is, WHY is Phillip dividing his tribe, what is setting him off? Is it JUST the spa day? I don't think so....

03-18-11, 10:12 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
Phillip wants to keep himself in the game and he wants to keep his promise to Andrea to not throw her under the bus. Since challenge strength appears to be a nonissue in Ometepe Phillip makes a stink about workers and freeloaders.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-18-11, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
What I take away from this is Phillip is actually dividing the tribe which means someone is listening to him. I can't believe it's just Andrea. Is Rob seriously considering dumping one his girls because they're weak or useless?

03-18-11, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
It might mean that Phillip's tribemates' opinions are divided about him.

Ashley and Natalie don't like him at all and would want him to be voted out next. Grant may be somewhat in their camp but Grant is also closer to Rob.

I noticed in the Insider Clips for Ep 5 that Rob says he was hoping Kristina would win the duel. So Rob is worried about Matt possibly returning to the game and reuniting with Andrea.

I think Rob would like to keep Phillip around if at all possible, and get rid of Andrea next, especially if Matt wins the duel again this week (which I think he must, since CBS is screaming that his streak might be over). With Andrea and Matt both at RI only one of them could possibly return.

03-18-11, 01:41 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
Agree, Rob would like to keep Phillip if he can. But he can't be married to the idea, he may be in a position where it is better to cut Phillip loose. But then Phillip just goes to RI and potentially comes back in the game later gunning for Rob.

If Phillip and Andrea hold true to their pact, they won't throw each other under the bus, they won't vote for each other. There's no upside for Rob, however he plays it he's left with one person in camp who isn't solidly in Rob's corner.

Anyway, I've tried and tried to figure out how this challenge would work in a dual-boot episode where there is tribal reward and one or two individual immunities, it just doesn't seem to be that sort of challenge.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-18-11, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
>Anyway, I've tried and tried to
>figure out how this challenge
>would work in a dual-boot
>episode where there is tribal
>reward and one or two
>individual immunities, it just doesn't
>seem to be that sort
>of challenge.

It could just be that there is no Individual Immunity, and they're playing for a Tribal Reward. In the past the double boot reward has often been a feast at the losing tribes TC, prior to their own.

Krautboy

03-18-11, 08:13 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
I am seeing it the same way you are, BR, at least for now anyway. Phillip knows where he stands after the Kristina boot TC. He is going to be calling attention to the fact that he is worthy, especially around camp, and he'll target the spa girls to highlight his declaration. This most definitely will divide the tribe, those that insist that he go, and those that would rather have him stay....it'll be all about Rob "keeping control" or not. Of course, everyone has their limits, and Phillip may cross a line and enter the point of no return....

I also would bet on Matt to win the RI duel as well...fwiw.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-11, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-11 AT 04:54 PM (EST)

Yes, FP, we've seen that challenge before: I remember in Fiji episode 11 where Dreamz was a strong player that won it for his team. In Thailand, they had a version of that (episode 6?) and Robbbb Zbbacnick won it for Suck Job. I'd say Grant,a former wide-receiver, would be great at this if Natalie can connect with him.

03-18-11, 08:40 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Vidcaps - PIP promo - Duel & Challenge"
The only way all the foreshadowing we've seen to date plays out is if Zapatera is up in numbers at the merge, but falls apart and loses it, with possibly an idol bounce due to Ralph's indiscretion.

Ometepe has to be the underdog by strict numbers, which then pulls one out.
Still no sign of a double boot. If Ometepe wins this one, they are tied. Of course there could still be a drama about one person flipping.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-11, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "E6 Web Promo - Duel & Chal"
The E6 web promo is up and MayanSun has screencaps at SurvivorFever here: (ty Mayan)
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s22_ep6_wp.html

CBS E6 webpromo link:
http://www.cbs.com/e/pUKqnp5pX8xvWxgbNFqcC3pEoEm70K_o/cbs/1/

VO text
-----------------------

Announcer: Matt has defeated everyone he's faced at Redemption Island.

Jeff Probst: Matt stays alive!

Announcer: Wednesday, will his faith save him again?

Matt : I'll just have to stay strong and the good Lord will be with me.

Announcer: And...

Phillip : Ashley and Natalie, they're on a beauty pageant.

Announcer: ...Phillip continues to charm his tribe.

Rob : He's bugging everyone.

Announcer: Especially the ladies.

Phillip: I'm tired of it. Get off your butts and help out around here.

Ashley : Phillip is mental.

Phillip : Do you want me to follow you?

Ashley: Somebody needs to diagnose him.

Announcer: And, this challenge my literally take you out of the game.

--------------------------------------

Some selected screencaps of interest of the RI table maze chal...

Some selected caps of the RC/IC Slingball chal...

03-19-11, 00:05 AM (EST)
26. "RE: E6 Web Promo - Duel & Chal"
And, this challenge my literally take you out of the game.

Thanks Blind Freddy!
That looks bad! I'm sure he's not out of the game, but it's scary.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-11, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: E6 Web Promo - Duel & Chal"
Is that Steve standing next to him?...Did he 'take' him out with a check?

Grant likely has the capacity to deliver a similiar hit on Mike who's 'guarding' him.

Didn't JT break a tooth in this chal in Tocantins?
Good job SEG...anything for a shot and ratings.

03-19-11, 00:26 AM (EST)
28. "Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
From Full (Web) Promo

VO: Matt has defeated everyone he's faced at Redemption Island.
Probst: "Matt stays alive!"
VO: Wednesday, will his faith save him again?
Matt: "I just have to stay strong and the Lord will be with me."

VO: And...
Phillip: "Ashley and Natalie, they're on a beauty pageant."
VO: ... Phillip continues to charm his tribe...
Rob: "He's bugging everyone."
VO: ... especially the ladies.
Phillip: "I'm tired of it. Get off your butts and help out around here."
Ashley: "Phillip is mental."
Natalie: "Phillip!"
Phillip: "Do you want me to follow you?"
Ashley: "Somebody needs to diagnose him."

VO: And... this challenge may literally take you out of the game.
VO: New Survivor, CBS Wednesday.

03-19-11, 03:38 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
VG, thanks for posting the full set of caps, very useful to have a complete set as well as a highlights set ...

03-19-11, 07:02 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
Thanks so much for doing this and posting it here, VG. Awesome job! Still, no hints as to the winners....I see no one catching a ball. Looks like Andrea is on Julie, Rooster is on Ashley, Steve is on Rob, and Mike is covering Grant. Poor Grant - he has no shirt as it is. Note his shirt here...

See that he's tied the one side of it over his shoulder, because it most likely was ripped by Mike at the challenge. So it makes me wonder if these shots are AFTER the challenge...but, it's in the morning? Or, is it? If this is post challenge it sure does look like the Ome's lost it.

Now for the RI duel. Note the size of the table maze...it's oblong and the net to win is located at the upper left side of the table.

Matt, to me, looks like he's doing great...he's not extremely tilting the table and appears very calm. Also, note where his ball is, it's almost to the end...

Now look at Krista's table....it looks a different shape than Matt's, but it's not, it's the same shape, it's just a weird camera angle that makes it look different. Now, look where her eyes are, they are close to her end of the table, and look at the extreme tilt she uses....I think she is struggling. Matt seems in much better "control".

Also, at the challenge for the tribes, I think that is David standing next to Stephanie...

I wonder if Phillip will help Natalie?

03-19-11, 11:10 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"

I don't see any sense of urgency here. No one is attending to Rob, one person is walking up to him and one person is strolling away. No injury, he's just beat and beat. Hyperbole monkeys "may literally" be hyperbole monkeys.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-11, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Episode 6, Vidcap Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-11 AT 09:06 AM (EST)

... and Rob looks like he could be injured there. I hope all of the Rob-love we've seen from EPMB and Jiffy isn't because he has to leave the game early as a med-evac!!!!!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-11, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "The case for an Ashley boot"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-11 AT 05:24 PM (EST)

I read or skimmed most of the threads today playing catch-up since I was away last week. On the surface, I agree with many of you that the editing is indicating the Zaps fall apart. However, while looking at the vidcaps, I got a strong feeling that Ashley is going to be the boot this week.

The clue: LOYALTY OF AN ALLIANCE VERSUS COMPETITIVE STRENGTH OF A TRIBE HAS THE CASTAWAYS QUESTIONING THEIR STRATEGY IN THE GAME..."Their Red-Headed Stepchild" — One castaway digs deep to find a way to weaken the strength of a powerful alliance, while a luxury item creates an unexpected bond between the dueling castaways on Redemption Island."

Both promos are showing that Phillip is trying to find a wedge into Rob's powerful alliance. If he is successful, then the Omes would have to decide if booting Ashley, a loyal partner, is less important than keeping Andrea, someone we have seen is good in challenges AND does a lot of work around the camp.

This is the first image that caught my eye. Remember how we saw Russell's disgusting armpit rash during his boot? Here we see Natalie looking like she is pulling Ashley's arm pit hairs out (gross!)

As Phillip complains about the girls and their spa day, we see Ashley singled out and Andrea looking on:

In the web promo, we see more shots of Ashley's laziness:

Another shot of Phillip calling out Ashley:

A OFG shot:

If a Zap is going home this week, it is a really, really hidden boot!

ETA: A big thank you to all of you who bring the vidcaps over to Blows. I know it is a big job!

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-11, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
You make a good argument, CTgirl. I went looking for vidcaps of Zappy and the only ones I could find are of the challenge. It does seem strange that we wouldn't get any images of them if they're going to TC... Argh!

With six Ometepe tribe members, it takes four to vote someone out. Maybe Phillip and Andrea can turn one of the others against Ashley, but two? If that's possible, then they've done a great job at hiding all cracks in that alliance.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-11, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
I forgot to mention that you noticed an uptick in Ashley's confessionals last week. That kind of sealed the deal for me.

If Phillip can sway Rob, he'd probably have Grant's vote too. We heard Rob talking about taking Natalie to the end but we've never heard him say anything about Ashley so he might be willing to vote her out.

03-21-11, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-11 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

I've been saying the same thing about Ashley's turn coming up: When Jeff talked about Redemption Island in episode #1, the camera showed: Matt, Kristina, Krista, Francesca, Ashley, David and then Russell. Those are our pre-merge boots.

There won't be a double boot pre-merge, just one when the player returns from Redemptiuon Island: They'll send two to set up a duel the following week (Simple semantics tells us that you can't duel with three players!!)

Now, the case for Ashley's boot also makes a case for Krista winning the duel. Andrea becomes much less threatening to Rob if Matt's gone. Grant and Rob heard Krista pledging allegience to Yellow so, if Ashley becomes too noisy, why not send her away and hope for the other blonde to take her place?

03-21-11, 07:44 PM (EST)
39. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
That was a nifty observation about the correlation between those camera shots and the boots to date. Although, everyone other than the F4 will go to Redemption Island.

I tend to agree there will not be a double boot or a 3-way duel.

Just for the sake of accuracy though -- the word "duel" should not be confused with "dual." Duel derives from "duellum" -- the Latin word for war.

03-21-11, 09:16 PM (EST)
42. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
Thank you and yes, almost everyone will be going to RI eventually but those shown in the first sequence look like our pre-merge collection, at least 5 out of 7 so far. Why not 7/7?

As for duel, my dictionary says: A prearranged, formal combat between two persons.

03-21-11, 08:59 PM (EST)
41. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-11 AT 09:00 PM (EST)

Michel, WOW....you make a great point, here. The reason I couldn't get on board with a Ometepe loss, is because I had it in my head that the double boot would precede the merge, and I could NO way come up with a scenario that allowed 2 out of the three - Phillip, Ashley, Andrea, to get booted in the next 2 episodes...no way. But, now that you and others seem to think, that the double boot may be post-merge, I can see this happening.

Also, as OFG pointed out to me, if the first clue regarding the loyalty of an alliance vs. challenge strength applies to Ometepe, well, it's crystal clear....if Ashley totally bombs the challenge and it's obvious that she is the weak link, I can clearly see Rob considering his options. He wants to SAVE Phillip, and Andrea is way better in challenges. He will simply explain to Grant and Natalie that it's time for a VERY big decision. He will act like he's letting them call it, when really he'll direct it. It's simple, if they don't do their very best to win the next challenge, then they risk being picked off one by one after the merge. It's critical, as he's said before, they have to win. Grant and Natalie should definitely buy it, because if they don't and they lose, they all risk the game.

Also, this is a way to keep Phillip in line. It should pacify him, that Rob does think he's worthy. He needs Phillip to get on board and this could potentially do it. It also speaks to Andrea as well. If he gives up one in his alliance, can he get 2 more to replace the one? He needs numbers.

As long as the double boot is post merge, I am good with one Ometepe loss. I still want to see the press images. I was really having a hard time with NO Zaps in the promos at all. If the Ometepe's lose one this week, I would bet MONEY that the Zaps lose next week, and thanks to Michel, our boot may already be spoiled!

I have to say, michel, that is an incredible observation! WAY TO GO! I could see it happen this way...just another reason to examine the editing frame by frame! Well done!
PS. I sure hope your other observations and conclusions come to fruition...

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-23-11, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
I had it in my head that the double boot would precede the merge, and I could NO way come up with a scenario that allowed 2 out of the three - Phillip, Ashley, Andrea, to get booted in the next 2 episodes...no way.

1 scenario I cameup with.

EP6 - Matt wins duel. (Krista out for good)
Ashley voted out.

EP7- Matt wins duel. (Ashley out for good)
Double boot with winning tribe getting Matt as reward.
Phillip voted out at Omes.
Sarita voted out at Zaps.

Matt comes back to Omes and reunite with Andrea. Phillip stays alive in RI for quite long and thus story goes far with that.

Though I did come up with this idea, I feel this scenario is very unlikely. I thought there will be pre-merge double boot at first but now leaning towards post-merge. And if this was to happen, I'll be missing triple duel!!!

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-11, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parathor Click to send private message to parathor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
I really love this scenario - but the only drawback would be that the winning tribe at a double-boot would have the RI winner ("Matt") back for, like, 0 or 1 episodes before the merge... which doesn't sound like a very good reward, really. (maybe it'd be a "bonus reward" or something?)

03-21-11, 06:20 PM (EST)
36. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-11 AT 06:22 PM (EST)

I have considered Ashley as well, as she's all over the promos, and it seems like she is the one that Phillip is focused on. But, here is what I come down to. This episode is ep 6, 1 boot. Next ep 7, is most likely the double boot. So, Ometepe would lose 2 out of the 6 that are there in the next 2 episdoes. Rob's edit, so far, is stellar, and Jiffy is showing him lots of love for the future as well in his tweets. So, Rob makes merge. Who out of the 3 others are most likely to make merge? Natalie, as Rob has made her the chosen one, and Grant, his right hand man. So, let's say Rob, Nat, Grant are merge bound. That leaves Phillip, Andrea, and Ashley....2 out of the 3 of them will be gone in the next 2 episodes. I can't see it...Ashley expresses her thoughts in the insider clips. She's raging about psycho Phillip, but she knows she's in a tight 4 alliance. Booting her would send a very bad message to Grant and Nat. I just don't see Rob turning on her. And, I whole-heartedly feel for one of them to get booted, it has to be directed by Rob. I might add here as well, that Andrea will also vote with Rob, or as directed by Rob...she won't expose herself, imo.

I do believe that if Andrea survives the next 2 weeks, she's end-game bound. But, I do think she's at risk. Rob and Grant just saw Matt win, and must be concerned about his return to the game. Rob's insider clip was insightful regarding this as well...Rob "is on fire" this season and he is not minimizing or overlooking any threats. He knows Andrea is pacified as long as Rob has the numbers, and Matt doesn't return...she has no other options. She is also playing a far better game than the other girls, which, imo, makes her dangerous...I think Rob has her in his radar. No doubt about it, she's at serious risk in the next 2 weeks.

Phillip, Rob wants him. In Jeff's tweets, he referred to Phillip as "Rob's Phillip"...."Rob has control now but it will get harder for him..." Why, because his alliance mates CAN.NOT.STAND.PHILLIP! But, somehow, I think Phillip will survive, at least this week.

For Ashley to get booted, imo, it would have to be next week. We could see something develop this week that would cause her to get booted. What if in the misdirection thread when in the transcripts of the promo, it ends with, "and someone could be taken out of the game"....what if this applies to Ashley? Maybe she's injured and is weakened enough to not be able to carry on, as James was...I'm just saying that the only way Ashley leaves is from SOME THING that will be shown to us in episode 6. As of right now, Rob and company will not turn on her. FWIW.

03-21-11, 06:33 PM (EST)
37. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
I have definitely been noticing the Ashley uptick as well. I originally expected Ashley to do well in the game, with all the positive comments about her as the total package, but her edit has been crap.

There is an article in her hometown paper this week noting that she's suddenly at risk.

Her Facebook fan page is extra supportive this week, whereas Natalie's and Andrea's are quiet.

I think she will be painted as the weak one, and Rob will be put in a position that if he keeps her, he has to acknowledge to Philip and Andrea that they are less important. While we think they know that, it seems to me that Rob has attempted to make them both feel they are not marginal.

OTOH, Grant has been shown hanging with Ashley since the beginning. Natalie is tight with Ashley. (Note that neither of these things get her points with Rob, as he would rather have his allies put him above all others.)

I don't see the four votes against Ashley coming to fruition. As FP points out, it would have to be that Rob would make the call and justify breaking up the four for some reason to placate Philip and Andrea. I don't see it.

However, it might be the misdirection, as a way to take the heat off Philip.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-11, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-11 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

I think it's also worth remembering that Rob immediately felt threatened once he saw Andrea and Matt schmoozing it up on the beach (it also didn't help that Matt congratulated the other tribe, too) ... so if he sees Ashley and Natalie getting especially close and cozy this week, it wouldn't surprise me if he seizes on the opportunity provided by Agent Phillip's rantings to get rid of someone who could hold some sway over the one person (Natalie) he's told us (the viewers) that he wants to drag on his back to the end.

Right now, I'm about 50/50 between Ashley and Phillip as this week's Omelette boot. Hummm.

03-22-11, 01:07 PM (EST)
43. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
Travel Queen observed in the vote thread that, unlike with the others in his tribe, we really never see Rob interact with Ashley.

When Rob was talking to Phillip he did mention Natalie and Ashley, and himself and Grant, but his connection to the Natalie/Ashley duo is really Natalie, who he wants to be his Amber this time.

We've seen Rob working Phillip and Andrea, and he hangs with Grant quite a bit. Ashley is getting the quintessential "disposable" edit.

03-22-11, 07:25 PM (EST)
45. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
I wonder if the editors sit down and storyboard the misdirection boots for the whole season in advance, then adjust their edits accordingly from the beginning. Not sure how much is working one or two episodes in advance.

If Rob pushes to boot Ashley now, then he deserves to have STOOPID carved in his forehead and lose this game.

He has Andrea whose loyalty is marginal and clearly supports Matt.
He has looneybins who has proven he can go in any direction on a whim.

He only has THREE people in the game upon whom he can rely at this time, and the merge is looming. This is way too early to start culling out his solid 4. None of the other 2 will trust him if he does.

Ashley also has hung out with Grant, but that has been hidden a little. The alliance of 6 was in 3 pairs -- Rob/Natalie, Matt/Andrea, Grant/Ashley -- with strong bonding between Rob/Grant and Natalie/Ashley. Neither Natalie or Grant should want Ashley out, and Ashley can't vote for herself -- so Rob will have to sell this if he wants it.

Add to that, all of his allies want Philip to go.
The only purpose he mentioned for keeping Philip was to keep the target off himself, but if he starts shielding Philip in an obvious way, that will screw up that strategy.

03-22-11, 08:36 PM (EST)
46. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"

>If Rob pushes to boot Ashley
>now, then he deserves to
>have STOOPID carved in his
>forehead and lose this game.

>He has Andrea whose loyalty is
>marginal and clearly supports Matt.
>
>He has looneybins who has proven
>he can go in any
>direction on a whim.

I'd say it would be better to let the episode unfold before judging how that would impact Rob's game. First, it's very difficult for us to judge because, for all we know, Grant could also have been complaining about Ashley. We don't know how much Rob and Matt talked but we received hints that Matt has no thoughts of revenge on his mind, just a desire to be accepted back in the fold. Phil did pledge his vote to Rob and did tell us that his word his sacred. So, how much are his threats against Rob serious? (It would be interesting to look back at each episode. All of Phil's anti-Rob confessionals could have come from earlier in the season)

Anyway, by eliminating Ashley, who may screw up royally in the challenge, Rob secures Phil's position and reassures Andrea. That's not too bad.

03-22-11, 09:41 PM (EST)
47. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
oh well, if Ashley screws up badly, then that makes it easy, although she is guarding Ralph, a very physical guy, so it is not right of a coach to focus on the mistakes of a player who got assigned an impossible task and not see the weakness of players who were next thing to benched by making them the shooters.

If anyone thought Philip had it in them, they could have made him a catcher.
Because he is not a catcher, we know that he will not have a showing against Ashley that could be directly compared. Andrea will, to some extent.

There was a Rob confessional where he says that Matt is BSing him about not holding a grudge (paraphrase). He doesn't trust Matt, and Andrea clearly showed her partiality to Matt when Rob told her that Kristina won.

Philip has said about Rob that eventually the two alpha males (that includes him) will get into it together, and he made the comment that the lord will end up going after the king last week. Phil is not loyal to Rob. He's opportunistic.

I do stand by what I said. It will not be smart for Rob to get rid of Ashley now, unless she is really injured. That is quite possible, as the promos hint someone could be out of the game.

I'm addressing the arguments that he would take Ashley out if she is healthy, and I think that is not so likely if he plays smart.

03-22-11, 10:25 PM (EST)
48. "RE: The case for an Ashley boot"
Strategy is the thing we know the least. Despite all the focus the show devotes to strategy, we simply don't know what is really going on. Before the episode aired, would we have said that it was smart for Sash to eliminate Brenda? Even after seeing it, we didn't know that Brenda had talked about eliminating Sash. How can we truly judge? Maybe Ashley tells Grant that they can't let Rob go to the end and Grant reports back to Rob. We simply don't know.

What I do know is that Phillip and Andrea have long term story lines while Ashley does not. Ashley was put in the group of pre-merge players condemned to Redemption Island during the premiere.

03-23-11, 01:43 AM (EST)
49. "The HII !!!"
Rob is playing HII strategy for the first time! (To be fair, there were no HIIs the first two times he played.)

Rob has the HII, he has kept it a secret from everyone, he wants to keep it that way. The merge will happen eventually, he may need to use the HII to save himself or one of his crew at the merge. He does not want the Zaps having a clue who has the HII. The Zaps will try to find that out, figure it out some way. At minimum figure out who in Ometepe might have found it.

Rob, yes. Wingman Grant, yes. Hunter Phillip in his gnarly underwear, yes. Woodgatherer Andrea, yes. The girls who spend all their time on the beach, not a chance.

One of them has to go.

Just a theory, Rob may not think of that.

03-23-11, 12:23 PM (EST)
52. "RE: The HII !!!"
Interesting idea, though I’m not sure either that Rob would think of it. In any case one really can’t assume that person X on the opposite tribe couldn’t possibly have the HII without more knowledge than Zapatera has about Ometepe at this point.

I agree it may not look especially smart for Rob to boot Ashley as of now, but most of us didn’t foresee that Rob would get bent out of shape enough to vote Matt out when he did. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me that Rob has never operated in a large alliance in the early part of the game. His biggest alliance was the group of five at the end of AllStars. He pulls all or most of his tribemates in but he really only has serious intentions for a couple of them. If Ashley’s only connection to Rob right now is arms-length via Natalie, he may be able to be persuaded that she’s expendable.

03-22-11, 06:36 PM (EST)
44. "Vidcaps - 20 seconds Promo"
The 20 seconds promo is essentially a compressed version of the web promo, including the rash of red filters.

I won't upload the vidcaps from entire promo here, but there are a couple of different sequence shots in the Phillip section of the promo.

FWIW, the sequence of Phillip yelling with Natalie in the background appears in the Show Preview (Next Time on Survivor) and in the Web Promo. The video is flipped in the Preview.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •