The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The most gratuitous bunching ever"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-22-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The most gratuitous bunching ever"
Having watched the show since season 1, I understand the need for bunching. The producers have little control over flights (unless they hire a charter), and they can't keep things open 24-7. Besides, it's exciting to watch the teams all grouped together closely.

HOWEVER, what the ^&*( kind of Internet cafe is only open from 10 PM - 10 AM? The only purpose to keeping those kind of hours is to bunch everyone together so everyone can get to see the wonders of mobile technology and AOL all together. Apparently Lori & Bolo didn't get the memo, but never mind.

The shark hasn't been jumped yet, but they're setting up the pool...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The most gratuitous bunching ev... Ontario TAR Fan 12-22-04 1
   RE: The most gratuitous bunching ev... Molaholic 12-22-04 2
       RE: The most gratuitous bunching ev... ElroyJetson 12-22-04 3
 RE: The most gratuitous bunching ev... mikey 12-22-04 4
   If I were Lori and Bolo... ElroyJetson 12-22-04 5
       RE: If I were Lori and Bolo... emydi 12-22-04 6
           RE: If I were Lori and Bolo... Starshine 12-25-04 10
           RE: If I were Lori and Bolo... trigirl 12-28-04 11
 RE: The most gratuitous bunching ev... RocketAudy 12-22-04 7
   RE: The most gratuitous bunching ev... cadfile 12-23-04 8
   RE: The most gratuitous bunching ev... ARnutz 12-23-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-22-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The most gratuitous bunching ever"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-04 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

Credits to banzai on the Spoilers board for finding the website for the internet cafe.
http://www.net-klub.hu/index_en.html

They say that they are open "Every Day from 10AM - Midnight" - meaning that they closed specifically to create the bunching here! ARGH!

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-22-04, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The most gratuitous bunching ever"
Oh com'on, you can't really think the TAR producers let something like normal operating hours influance bunching decisions. I found it very suspicious that the "hours of operation" for the Internet Cafe started at 10PM. All other "hours of operation" had things opening in the morning.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-22-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The most gratuitous bunching ever"
I like the way the hours of operations throughout the race are:

1) In English
2) Use the TAR colors and fonts

What a coinky-dink!

-- Elroy Jetson

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-22-04, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The most gratuitous bunching ever"
I thought the most curious part was not the 10PM starting time, but the 10AM finishing time. If they had said 10PM-midnight or 10PM-2AM, I might have thought, OK, this might be kind of a hip nightspot open only at night. But the 10AM finish seems designed specifically for someone who takes the 7:30 AM train the next morning to be 9 hours behind rather than 24 hours behind (see the Guidos), which might allow some later bunching to bring everyone together again or at least give the producers the ability to fake a close finish. We might find that it takes the other teams 9 hours to download the clue at the internet cafe because AOL works so slowly in Hungary. Or maybe Lori and Bolo, in hanging out in the train station overnight, suddenly find a fast forward everyone else missed.

Call me paranoid, but I suspect it did not originally say 10PM to 10AM, but rather said 10PM to something else -- I might go back and check the tape to hear if anyone of the contestants read the whole sign, or merely said "it opens at 10"

I would also like to go back and look at the tape closely to see if the place seemed to be open to the public at 7Pm or 9PM when all these teams arrived. Perhaps, during August, this place closes to the public at 10PM rather than 12PM, and they could only do filiming during the closed hours of 10P to 10A.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-22-04, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "If I were Lori and Bolo..."
....knowing that I was WAY behind and likely to lose, I would have taken a cab or other alternate transportation to Budapest. Instead of waiting in a train station for 10 hours I would have risked the 30 minute or 1 hour time penalty I would have incurred by taking incorrect transportation.

-- Elroy Jetson

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If I were Lori and Bolo..."
I thought of that too Elroy but I think the clue said you HAD to take the train...would they just get a time penalty or would they make them go back and take the train the next morning????

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

12-25-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: If I were Lori and Bolo..."
Didn't they penalise Momily 24 hours in TAR?

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-28-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: If I were Lori and Bolo..."
Exactly. Go for the penalty.

Take a train to Budapest. Well could you catch that train from somewhere other than Eger? Sure. Take a taxi to some other town and then get a train.

RocketAudy 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-22-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RocketAudy Click to send private message to RocketAudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The most gratuitous bunching ever"
Plus, the bunching made the "To Be Continued..." ending even nuttier.

Usually a cliffhanger should end on a very dramatic suspenseful moment, where you're at the edge of your seat wondering what was going to happen next. (hence the name cliffhanger.) Most of the show's cutaways to commercial are little cliffhangers. THIS episode ended with Lori and Bolo asleep on a bench and most of the rest of the teams sitting on the sidewalk in front of the internet cafe waiting for it to open.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?????

Oh, they'll probably stand on that sidewalk a little while longer and Lori and Bolo will continue sleeping till morning.

cadfile 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-23-04, 03:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cadfile Click to send private message to cadfile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The most gratuitous bunching ever"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-04 AT 03:45 AM (EST)

It was strange that the place opened at 10 PM. They must have rented it for the night.

Rolo and Moobs train leaves at 3:45 am I believe so they could still get their special AOL Hell mail. If they had been smarter and not decided to be on the flight that left first and arrived last they might have made the last train and arrived at the cafe by 10.

It was an obvious bunch up setup like the Olympic Stadium at the start of the leg.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The most gratuitous bunching ever"
...THIS episode ended with Lori and Bolo asleep on a bench and most of the rest of the teams sitting on the sidewalk in front of the internet cafe waiting for it to open.

Yeah! It would have been better if they left it with Adam & Rebecca still waiting for the train, not knowing if Lori & Bolo would make it.

Oh and all the other teams were there b/c Adam & Rebecca tgot to the cafe and told everyone that Lori & Bolo were still behind them.

Mon Dieu, Mon Cherie... c'est magnifique!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •