The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-12-11, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
***This thread is a Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***
(Please exclude mention of sourced spoilers from your discussion)

Survivor Fever has vidcaps of the cast up on their site.Thanks SF! Here’s the link to the vidcaps and the voice over text:

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s22_meet_the_cast.html

The vidcaps include several shots from camp and the first challenge, in addition to the pre-game interview shots. It’s unclear when the the camp shots are taken, but we could assume the are from the first three days of EP1.

Shelters appear to be well constructed and go up fairly quickly:

Both tribes must get some basic tools when they arrive. Here we see Rooster of the Zapatera Tribe with a shovel.

At Ometepe we see the same kind of shovel leaning up against the tree next to their shelter.

Ometepe changing shoes, getting ready for the challenge?

In this shot Rooster appears to be carrying firewood back to camp. Does this mean that Zapatera figures out how to make fire or do they win the first challenge and get flint?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Flowerpower 01-12-11 1
   RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Krautboy 01-12-11 2
       RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... SquidProQuo 01-12-11 3
           RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... SquidProQuo 01-12-11 4
               RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Scarlett O Hara 01-14-11 12
       RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Flowerpower 01-13-11 5
           RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... SquidProQuo 01-13-11 8
 RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... SquidProQuo 01-13-11 6
   RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Corvis 01-13-11 7
       RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Flowerpower 01-13-11 9
           Rob vs. Russell? Krautboy 01-13-11 10
               RE: Rob vs. Russell? vince3 01-13-11 11
                   RE: Rob vs. Russell? PepeLePew13 01-14-11 13
                       RE: Rob vs. Russell? vince3 01-14-11 14
                           RE: Rob vs. Russell? PepeLePew13 01-15-11 15
 Rob and RussHell Promo Flowerpower 01-16-11 16
 Zapatera wins the EP1 RC/IC? Krautboy 01-27-11 17
   RE: Zapatera wins the EP1 RC/IC? Flowerpower 01-27-11 18
 RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... SquidProQuo 01-29-11 19
   RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Flowerpower 02-01-11 22
       RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... SquidProQuo 02-07-11 24
 RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... SquidProQuo 02-01-11 20
   RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... suzzee 02-01-11 21
 Press Images, episode 1 Flowerpower 02-07-11 23
   RE: Press Images, episode 1 SquidProQuo 02-07-11 25
 Vidcaps taken from TV Guide Special Flowerpower 02-11-11 26
   RE: Vidcaps taken from TV Guide Spe... Scarlett O Hara 02-11-11 27
   RE: Vidcaps taken from TV Guide Spe... Krautboy 02-11-11 28
       RE: Vidcaps taken from TV Guide Spe... Flowerpower 02-12-11 29
 New Promo Flowerpower 02-13-11 30
   RE: New Promo Scarlett O Hara 02-13-11 31
       RE: New Promo Flowerpower 02-13-11 32
 RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Blind Freddy 02-15-11 33
   RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... SquidProQuo 02-16-11 34
       RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Blind Freddy 02-16-11 36
           RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sour... Flowerpower 02-16-11 37
 Not Post Challenge? Krautboy 02-16-11 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-11, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-11 AT 06:21 PM (EST)

Thanks for starting the thread, KB!

In this shot Rooster appears to be carrying firewood back to camp. Does this mean that Zapatera figures out how to make fire or do they win the first challenge and get flint?

Well, I watched the videos, and in one of Rooster, he states that he can pretty much make a fire anywhere at anytime....so, I don't know if we can speculate fire is directly due to a challenge win this time. We also know that Rob has made a fire in the past...?

ETA: This is a pic of David sitting in RussHell's camp...is that RussHell's hat on that girls stomach in the foreground? Also note the woven basket in the corner....is it a supply that they are given to start with, or could it be a reward or part of a reward?

Here are the challenge pics:

01-12-11, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
>ETA: This is a pic of
>David sitting in RussHell's camp...is
>that RussHell's hat on that
>girls stomach in the foreground?
> Also note the woven
>basket in the corner....is it
>a supply that they are
>given to start with, or
>could it be a reward
>or part of a reward?

Yes, I wondered about that basket too?
David and his tribemate (Stephenie?)displaying the body language of an alliance?

Also, if Zapatera wins reward/Immunity it might explain why members of the orange Ometepe tribe appear concerned...

Krautboy

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-11, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
> is that RussHell's hat on that girls stomach in the foreground?

FloPo, I think that is Sarita's hat, if she's the one with the long dark hair on the purple tribe. (Still getting to know all their names -- I get her confused with Kristina!) Here's a photo of her in the cast shot with the black hat on:

01-12-11, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
P.S. Does SEG pick out their outfits? If so, I feel sorry for some of these contestants with what they've been given.

E.g., the 2 attorneys (Francesca and David) are in suits -- so they already stick out as not fitting in with the rest. The Auburn cheerleader/pageant girl has high-heel pumps....Rooster has the stereotypical country boy/hunter overalls...and Grant has the Richard Simmons look going (I think he's the fitness/yoga instructor.)

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-14-11, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
Squid- Yes, SEG does pick out their outfits, all the way down to their underwear. Often times, the outfits will be color coordinated along tribal colors.

01-13-11, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"

Good call, Krautboy! Your sharp German eyes may be onto something! Natalie, Andrea and Ashley all seem quite serious, concerned... I am happy to note Andrea and Ashley together here, as I think these two could be a formidable alliance, we'll see.

It looks like we will be getting a new challenge for the first one, thankfully!

Squid: I do believe you are right. That does look like Sarita with a similar hat to RussHell's. Thanks. So as KB notes, perhaps David and Sarita are bonding...

Just a personal observation, I am excited to watch David play. On paper he seems like an egotist extraordinaire, yet on his videos I really liked what he had to say. If he is the mastermind he thinks he is, it will be quite entertaining to watch how he plays. While an egotist, he does seem sensitive to others thoughts, feelings....we'll see! He should be able to see right through RussHell....I think I recall that he has never seen the show, before last summer. I was worried that he may not have much of a social game, but with the videos, I don't know, perhaps he does!

Also, a note to remember. Whichever tribe loses TC, we may see the "votee" featured a bit in the promos before episode 1! I wonder if we may even be given of one on RI?

If Rob has influence over the tribe and his tribe loses, I would expect to see the weakest link voted off, or perhaps there is a lazy, loudmouth....On the other hand, if RussHell's tribe loses, and he has influence, I would expect to see someone that HE sees as threatening to his game.

01-13-11, 11:44 AM (EST)
8. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-11 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

<Also, a note to remember. Whichever tribe loses TC, we may see the "votee" featured a bit in the promos before <episode 1! I wonder if we may even be given of one on RI?

<If Rob has influence over the tribe and his tribe loses, I would expect to see the weakest link voted off, or <perhaps there is a lazy, loudmouth....On the other hand, if RussHell's tribe loses, and he has influence, I would <expect to see someone that HE sees as threatening to his game.

FloPo, I totally agree with this. If Russell's tribe loses and he has any influence, he will probably want to vote off an alpha male like Steve or a strong-willed woman who doesn't agree with him. Coincidentally, it seems like there are a lot of early promo shots of both Steve and Julie, the older women in the green shirt. And Julie does say this in her bio: "SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Ashley from Survivor China. She was a strong outspoken woman whose mouth got her voted off the first episode."

Need to think more about possible 1st "votees" on the other tribe based on vidcaps and other contestant info...I still don't know all their names .

01-13-11, 11:06 AM (EST)
6. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"

Trying to figure out what this challenge is about. Any ideas? Looks like you have to push the pieces up the ramp...but only half of each team is shown, so is the other half on the other side also pushing? Or is the rest of the team waiting at another stage or puzzle at the end? If it's just about pushing, then the team with the most men/brute strength would be favored...unless there's more to it than what we see.

Would be good to match up these clothes with what they're wearing on the beach when they arrive to try and see if this is on another day or immediate challenge. I will try to bring over the arrival/beach shots tonight since it might be good to have them here (i.e. the ones were Russell/Rob are blurred when coming off the helicopter).

I noticed the items they're pushing are staggered in height like steps...does that have any significance?

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-11, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
Maybe they have to move the big box things up against something tall that they then use the steps to climb to the top of? Where a puzzle awaits?

01-13-11, 03:03 PM (EST)
9. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"

Yes, Squid, I also thought if there are only half of them there, are the other half on the other side of this structure as well? I think they could be. I think that Corvis also makes a good point. Perhaps they have to move this structure a distance, and butt it up to some other structure, more than likely fire is involved, right? Aren't most first challenges involving fire, or have they done away with that?

This looks like the starting point of the challenge to me. Most likely there are several more phases, incorporating a long and very physical challenge that somehow involves lighting cauldrons.

01-13-11, 03:48 PM (EST)
10. "Rob vs. Russell?"
I like the idea of steps leading up to some elevated platform where the last phase of the challenge may feature a one on type challenge (puzzle and/or fire lighting finish) between Rob and Russell.

If the two "stars" are designated leaders of their tribes, and CBS wants to maximize there face time, the pre-merge challenges may be designed to have a team component, as well as a one v one component featuring Rob and Russell.

Krautboy

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-11, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rob vs. Russell?"
I think especially for this challenge they would have Rob/RussHell at the final portion, to save their appearance until they're ready to reveal them... like earlier today.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-11, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rob vs. Russell?"
I'm not so sure about that. Won't the contestants wonder why there is an imbalance in the number of males vs. females (7-9) at the start? Russhole's tribe would have a 4-4 split before he's added to the team and Rob's would be at 3-5.

Yah yah, they're all self-centered looking out only for themselves and they're probably not the sharpest tools in the shed, but you'd think somebody would pick up on it.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-11, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rob vs. Russell?"
I meant for the vidcaps, Pepe. we won't see Rob/RussHell in vidcaps until we're a lot closer to the premiere... I'm sure they'll see their 'captains' or 'coaches' as soon as they're on the beach with Jeff within the first 5 minutes...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rob vs. Russell?"
Gotcha, read it a different way.

01-16-11, 06:41 PM (EST)
16. "Rob and RussHell Promo"
Thanks to SurvivorFever for the vidcaps and the transcript:

Most of the vidcaps are old footage of Rob and RussHell. Here are the new ones from this season, where they draw for tribes....

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: The thing about Rob and Russell, for whatever reason, they are now icons on our show.

Russell: I'm good at this game. This is what God has made me for.

Rob: It's like I've been climbing this mountain for almost 10 years now and I'm not gonna quit until I get to the top.

Probst: When the live finale of Heroes Vs. Villains was going on, and at one time Rob said to Russell, "I will gladly take you on anytime, anywhere.

Russell : When have you won.

Rob : I haven't. But I guarantee you, given the opportunity I'd gladly go back and kick your ##### all over the island.

Russell: Rob was talking all that mess at the live show. You know, I haven't seen him since then. He took off running.

Rob: Do you want me to tell you about that little hobbit? You want me to?

Russell: Let's go in the back room and settle this. That's how I want to settle this. I want to get in the cage with that dude. I want blood to be shed.

Rob: I'm gonna kick his #####. I'm gonna make him pay.

Russell: LeBron James, two time MVP. Russell Hantz, two time MVP. You know the difference between us? Nothing.

Rob: He's a legend in his own mind.

Probst: I can feel the energy. I believe the audience is going to love it. I don't think anybody is going to be tired of seeing Russell. He's too polarizing. And if you hated him the first two times, you have to watch so you can enjoy hating him again.

Russell: The image I have as the villain, it's fine with me because that's how I play the game but the thing is, America, they vote for me every time. They like the way I play so that's all that matters to me.

Probst: Boston Rob is fascinating in that he started as a villian.

Rob : I'm a villain?

Probst: He was despised by people but somehow he transformed into a hero.

Rob: I feel like I've done my best every time I've played and I've always done what I said I was gonna do. I've played this game three times, a lot has gone wrong, every time. I'm hoping that this time I can make something go right.

Russell: This is it. It's hail Mary time. I either do it or I don't.

Russell : I don't think you had the guts to do what I did.

Russell: I'm ready for this one. I'm more ready for this one than I ever have been, ever. I'm ready to run somebody over if I have to. I'm ready to do whatever it takes.

Rob: What you see is what you get. If you don't like me get out of the way cause it's coming.

Russell: It is going to be history. Survivor history.

01-27-11, 04:56 PM (EST)
17. "Zapatera wins the EP1 RC/IC?"
TDT Posted this vidcap from JP's cast assessment video:

Rooster appears to be on a raised platform, (perhaps at the top of the moveable steps?) with a machete releasing something. Is this the final stage of the challenge; raising Zapatera's flag or lighting their fire?

If so, Zapatera wins the first challenge, providing good reason for the concerned looks on the faces of the Ometepe tribe members.

Based on the vidcaps we've seen so far, there's more reason to believe Zapatera(purple) wins than Ometepe (orange).

Krautboy

01-27-11, 05:54 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Zapatera wins the EP1 RC/IC?"
Based on the vidcaps we've seen so far, there's more reason to believe Zapatera(purple) wins than Ometepe (orange).

Definitely agree, Krautboy!

01-29-11, 00:45 AM (EST)
19. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
KB, Survivor Fever has another vidcap of that shot of Rooster, and you can see the purple flag in the left corner even better on this one:

Most of the other vidcaps from JP's cast assessment video are repeats, but here are a few new ones of interest:

Stephanie has some sort of tool here -- does that mean they win a reward? Or do they get some stuff to start out? Also, is it just me, or does their shelter look really long and nice?

As OFG noted elsewhere, looks like Grant is this season's Aras. Seems like players with a yoga background often do well in mental/endurance challenges -- e.g. Parvarti. Plus with his football background he should be good in challenges.

Uggh! I'm not ready for this! Looks like Russell has gained a bunch of weight!

P.S. Are those people walking on the beach in the background?

02-01-11, 03:48 PM (EST)
22. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"

Squid, I don't think this picture is Stephanie. Stephanie is on RussHell's Purple Tribe, Zapatera. This is a shot of Natalie, who is on Rob's tribe, Ometepe. Note her buff. So, if this is a tool that was won via reward, then it's Rob's tribe...fwiw.

02-07-11, 06:18 PM (EST)
24. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
Yes, thanks FloPo, this is Natalie -- I still can't keep their names straight! Stephanie is the one on Russell's tribe in the gray ruffled skirt who Jeff says will probably be the 1st one voted out.

02-01-11, 10:43 AM (EST)
20. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
The new TV Guide season preview gives us more info on the 1st challenge. Here is a link to the clip, as well as some vidcaps -- thanks to TDT.

There are 3 phases to the challenge. Thanks to FloPo for transcribing the description:

The idea was to build an ancient temple, and the name of the challenge is "Push it up Hill". You start by pushing 4 huge blocks, very heavy blocks. Once the 4 blocks are up against the temple, they race up stairs, where one person will ax and chop a series of 9 ropes. (Rooster does this for RussHell's team, and Matt chops for Rob's team). It's kind of a temple of doom, and once the ropes are chopped stairs appear, unfold. Then the tribes race to the top where there is a really tough, really heavy, block puzzle to complete the temple. First one done, wins.

These vidcaps show how the heavy blocks at the beginning are on rails.

Also, you can see from the clip that Rob and Russell are participating in the challenge. Hopefully SF or TDT will post more of the vidcaps soon. It appears (from what we can see in this clip) that in the final 3rd phase the teams are about even on the puzzle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRDBQkC2U-g

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-11, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
I had to listen twice to the video, people should say this challenge title s l o w l y "Push it Uphill". LOL

Let it snow

02-07-11, 04:23 PM (EST)
23. "Press Images, episode 1"
Press Images for episode 1, thanks so much to Survivor Fever for posting them...I have put them in order of tribe....

Zapatera, Team RussHell

RussHell

David

Julie

Mike

Sarita

Krista

Stephanie

Ralph aka Rooster

Steve

Ometepe, Team Boston Rob

Robfadda

Matt

Phillip

Ashley

Grant

Natalie

Kristina

Francesca

Andrea

***Things I noticed:
1. Rob, RussHell, Grant have more than a days five o'clock shadow, imo.
2. Sarita is holding tan material, that is also seen folded in the basket next to Krista in this picture...

Also, note the patterned blanket that Krista is holding in this picture.
3. It's raining on RussHell
4. Matt is holding a machete
5. Is Ashley leaning on a tarp, or just material? Are there multiple tarps behind her??

6. Clothes line - rope, behind Grant, Natalie, Kristina

Clearly they were both given a big basket with materials like cloth, and some supplies...machete, maybe the shovel, as is seen at camp Ometepe where Andrea is seen sewing material. But, I am interested specifically in the materials that can be seen behind Ashley, that seems like a lot of material, and specifically by her right hand, it appears as though the material is tied. I also see jeans in the far background.

02-07-11, 06:39 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Press Images, episode 1"
Good observations, FloPo! The light blue jeans behind Ashley are either Matt's or Kristina's -- you can see in the original cast shot on the beach that they both are wearing that color.

I agree, looks like a tarp or some blanket materials by Ashley's arm. Does that mean they win a reward? Or does each tribe get some supplies to start out? There was also that mashing tool that Natalie had in an earlier shot -- and some needles and sewing stuff.

Two other things that caught my eye:

- Andrea looks pretty dirty, so she must be doing a lot of the heavy lifting around camp.

- While many of the castaways are wet, it's interesting that Russell is the only one they actually show getting rained on. Hopefully it's symbolic!

02-11-11, 09:50 AM (EST)
26. "Vidcaps taken from TV Guide Special"
A few camp vidcaps of shots from camp....taken from Sucks, but they are from the TVGuide Special...

These were uploaded by TDT:

Note in these shots that Stephanie is wearing a homemade skirt, from material that was given to the tribe....Also, note the pensive faces on the tribe....just saying. Also, note the large milk container to the left of Steve. Haven't noticed that at Ometepe, not implying though that they don't have one too. Could be a container given to both tribes at the start for either water, or rice perhaps. I am wondering if the second shot isn't post challenge, as they are all there with their sneakers still on, and we know they had them for the challenge....

These were uploaded by Survivor Phoenix:

In shot number 3, you can see a purple and a tan pillow! Were these part of their original basket of supplies, or could they have been won? We also see a large crate, on the ground, to the left, under the shelter, with handles on the sides.... Can also see the Zapatera fire to the left of the shelter...

Also at camp Ometepe, I was wondering what is on the ground under the hanging clothes? Could that be a crate as well? Sure seems like both tribes were given an awful lot of "stuff" this time around....No? What could possibly be part of a reward, if any? We know that the Ometepe tribe started their fire without flint, as we saw celebration and effort...we see that the Zapateras have fire already...

one nation, under Romber...

02-11-11, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Vidcaps taken from TV Guide Special"
Rob-fadda is already working his magic over at the Yellow Camp. Look how much better their shelter is than the Purple camp's pathetic shelter. If only I had sent my tape in again ... I could have been playing with Rob-fadda!!! :p

02-11-11, 07:48 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Vidcaps taken from TV Guide Special"
The two shots labeled 1. and 2. which show the Zapatera looking "pensive", are taken at different times because the seating location and arrangements are different. The knee length skirt that Stephanie is wearing is different than the shorter ruffled skirt she wears arriving at the challenge.

These two shots show Jule getting ready to go to the challenge. The angle of the light appears to be low, but not sure if that would be morning or late afternoon?

Would the challenge normally be the morning of the third day, in order to give the losing tribe time to discuss who to vote out?

Krautboy

02-12-11, 03:56 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Vidcaps taken from TV Guide Special"
Krautboy, good observation. From the time stamps that Kona found on the press images, there was a huge interruption in sequence from most of the pictures of the tribemates, and Phillip and Rob. They speculate that the majority of the press pictures of the tribe in the press images may have been taken on Day 2. They accounted for the huge interruption of the sequence with pictures that were most likely taken on the morning of Day 3 at the challenge. Then later, after the challenge, they got the pics of Rob and Phillip. If you were to buy into this scenario, then it is most plausible that the challenge occurs on the morning of day 3...See Kona's post on this page.

02-13-11, 10:02 AM (EST)
30. "New Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-11 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

This promo aired 2-12 during basketball on CBS. Thanks to Survivor Fever for uploading the vidcaps....

Here, as speculated, the Zapatera tribe jumps out to a lead in the first portion of the challenge. This is the first large step to move, the other 3 portions are smaller. Note in the next shot, after delivering the first large piece of the step, the Ometepe are running back to the next, trying to catch up, you can't see anyone from the Zapatera tribe, who must be onto the next peice.....

Here are pics if Rob and RussHell at camp:

The next 18 vidcaps are shots of a future challenge. It's the challenge that was in originally in Cook Islands, Ozzy's first season, and we saw it again in the second all-stars when Amanda jumped off, Micronesia....when they had to swim out, dive down and get a hammer from the bottom of the ocean floor, then swim to a platform, climb up the stairs, than jump off the platform as they take aim at a hanging clay target. When the target breaks there is something to retrieve, a bag of puzzle pieces. Then they must swim back in, relay style. Once all of the tiles are broken and all of the pieces retrieved, the folks designated to put the puzzle together, do so. First one to finish, wins. This challenge looks as if it's been modified to be performed in the pool, perhaps. I don't know why they don't go in the ocean, when it's right there?

Because this is a future challenge, we know that the folks seen are not the first boot:
Andrea, Matt, Ashley, and Steve.

Next are 2 camp shots of Natalie:

Now, these shots are interesting....we can see Mike and behind him is David, wearing the same shirt he wears in the challenge in Episode one, and Mike is also seen shirtless, as he is in the challenge. To me, these pics look somewhat CELEBRATORY! Could these be shots from the first challenge pointing to a Zapatera win?? Looks like someone, most likely Steve, or Rooster, is reaching back to hug David???

Francesca at camp, rain?

Matt in a challenge, looks like he's swinging something...

Krista and David on arrival:

So, in sum, are these proof that Zapatera wins the first challenge, this looks celebratory to me, as in group hug....... or no?

Editing to add: Just don't know. Clearly, for me, these are shots taken at the end of the first challenge. These are either winner vidcaps, OR, as I look more at it, concilitory hugs at the end of losing the challenge? David is not smiling....which makes this too close to call. Would love to hear some feedback...

Someone has pointed out to me that RussHell is right in the middle of these pics, you can see his bald head. The hand reaching in is going for RussHell's head, which, imo, makes it more CONGRATULATORY than conciliatory....but, there is no buff on RussHell's head, as is seen in the pics of Challenge one. But, I still believe these are from the first challenge as David's shirt is buttoned the exact same way, and Mike is shirtless. I think RussHell could easily have pulled his buff off. Would love some feedback here...

ETA#2: Here is a vidcap taken from the spoiler pics at Survivor Fever:

THis is for the challenge that we are seeing in the new footage. Note the key hanging. They must retrieve keys to bring back to enable them to open boxes for the puzzle pieces, or perhaps they have to dive down with the key, unlock the box under water, to retrieve the puzzle pieces. FWIW, keys are definitely involved.

02-13-11, 09:13 PM (EST)
31. "RE: New Promo"
It looks like he's about to break out in a big grin Flopo. I'd say it is a group hug and it is celebratory! Good catch there!

02-13-11, 09:24 PM (EST)
32. "RE: New Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-11 AT 09:25 PM (EST)

On further examination, I don't think this is for episode 1 anymore, which really bums me out. I really thought that they had thrown us a bone here for the episode one. But, Mike was clearly wearing his buff around his neck, and it's not there at this point...

Here is the photo in question....

...and here he is doing the ep 1 challenge, sans shirt, buff around the neck, in front of Jiffy...

but, we can put this telling picture on hold, perhaps it will help us in episode 2...

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-15-11, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
New video up at CBS website shows E1 chal runthru w/Dreamteamers....a bit different angles and content from TVG preview. Starts off w/a MB-John Kirhoffer interview at site and then JP scripts the run thru. JP holds the final 3D puzzle design (it's a stepped pyramid)....and some different angles of the chal are shown. There are 9 ropes to cut.

JP holds model of final 3D puzzle assembly (stepped pyramid... there appears to be 5 levels).

Sliding blocks align to form stairs within the sliding blocks to the rope cut platform.

There are nine ropes(as per JP audio) to cut...then proceed across raised gangway...

...to revealed ladder steps up to puzzle assembly top platform

02-16-11, 00:00 AM (EST)
34. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
Thanks Blind Freddy! Looks like an awesome challenge. Last couple seasons have been somewhat lame, so hoping this bodes well for more challenging challenges in S22.

Were there any shots of the people walking down the stairs post-challenge? The reason I'm asking is that there was one of Julie and maybe 1 other player in the TV Guide preview video that caught my eye...was trying to see if one team looked happier vs. the other.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-16-11, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blind%20Freddy Click to send private message to Blind%20Freddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-11 AT 01:53 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-16-11 AT 01:51 AM (EST)

Re: "Were there any shots of the people walking down the stairs post-challenge? The reason I'm asking is that there was one of Julie and maybe 1 other player in the TV Guide preview video that caught my eye...was trying to see if one team looked happier vs. the other".

No. The chal ended at the top on the puzzle platform. Anyway these were all Dreamteamers...no cast.

Full video available for viewing here at CBS Survivor site:
http://www.cbs.com/e/ifX5sb3mRBF_RCXjta6tQs4NgFotGFP9/cbs/1/

Edit to add..
SurvivorFever has vidcaps up here:
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s22_ep1_challenge_preview.html

Additionally....
JP is doing a media tour blitz just before E1 and besides Regis and Howard Stern he was also on Jimmy Fallon which airs tonight(late night). Anyway he did a 'Backstage at Jimmy Fallon' video for his blog and in the last 20 secs of it, JP talks about S22 and TC1 with it being the best TC1 of any season. He also again hypes Phillip as "the most colorful characters we've ever had"

JP VO text:
-------------------------------
"Tomorrow night, Survivor Redemption Island. Probably the best first Tribal Council in our 22 season history. Boston Rob is on fire this season, Russell is out for revenge this season. And Phillip is going to emerge as one of the most colorful characters we've ever had. Hope you check it out"
--------------------------------

BF

02-16-11, 08:19 AM (EST)
37. "RE: EP1 Vidcap Speculation ****Sourced Spoiler Free Zone***"
Thanks, Blind Freddy, you may just have convinced me that it's going to be a Team Robfadda loss....UGHHHH!

PS. NIce to see you here, come over and post more often!

02-16-11, 00:52 AM (EST)
35. "Not Post Challenge?"
These two pictures have been speculated to be post-merge, with Zapatera looking pensive and concerned, still wearing their sneakers after the EP1 challenge...notice David just behind Russels hat on Sarita's stomach.

Notice that these two pics are taken at different times, locations and seating arrangements...

...but after closer observation we see that the Zapatera tribe is dressed quite differently than they were during the challenge. Notice the men are wearing long pants and David has a tee-shirt on different than the collared shirt he wore for the challenge. His tee-shirt is also sweaty, indicating that he has been wearing it for a while, rather than just having changed into it?

Here's a closer look at David and his sweaty tee-shirt...same hat on Sarita's stomach.

These shots during the challenge, show David wearing the collared shirt, steve wearing his blue shirt and Russell without long pants. Stephanie also wore her ruffled skirt during the challenge, but is seen with her brown skirt sitting around camp.

Yes, it's possible that everyone put on long pants after the challenge, that Stephanie changed her skirt, that Steve took his shirt off and that David changed his shirt, but it may also be that these camp shots are not post challenge and from some other time during the first three days.

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •