The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Recrap show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-10, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Recrap show"
As stated in my TV Guide rag, which I just got today, the November 24th episode is a recrap episode. Why on earth they would run a recrap back to back with the episode in which they will apparently show the double quit is beyond me, but that appears that it will be the case.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Recrap show kiki_k 11-16-10 1
 RE: Recrap show Georjanna 11-16-10 2
   RE: Recrap show Outfrontgirl 11-16-10 3
 RE: Recrap show CTgirl 11-16-10 4
 RE: Recrap show Brownroach 11-16-10 5
 RE: Recrap show kiki_k 11-16-10 6
 RE: Recrap show Georjanna 11-24-10 7
 Did they even show Wendy Jo? Spoile... kiki_k 11-24-10 8
   RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Sp... Round Robin 11-25-10 9
       RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Sp... kiki_k 11-25-10 10
       NaOnka's Past? Flowerpower 11-27-10 11
           RE: NaOnka's Past? kiki_k 11-27-10 12
               RE: NaOnka's Past? Round Robin 11-28-10 13
   RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Sp... flystorms 11-30-10 14
       RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Sp... kiki_k 11-30-10 15
           For what it's worth ... Georjanna 11-30-10 16
               RE: For what it's worth ... kiki_k 11-30-10 18
           RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Sp... Krautboy 11-30-10 17
               RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Sp... flystorms 12-02-10 19
                   RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Sp... Krautboy 12-02-10 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-16-10, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Recrap show"
You may want to label your thread as containing spoilers -- I'm not complaining, but tensions seem to be high right now. Just a thought.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Recrap show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-10 AT 08:59 AM (EST)

RR,

For weeks I've wondered how the CBS/SEG powers-that-be would manage the gift of the most dramatic (and irony rich) twenty-four hours in the show's history.

And it would seem, as you've noted, that they have chosen a course that guarantees that the spontaneous confluence of implausible events that a fiction writer would be hard-pressed to defend will arrive on our screens - not with the bang of all of its riveting immediacy - but with an irony-lost, drama-defeating whimper.

I would have moved scheduling heaven 'n earth to give my audience a two-hour (and truly special) installment of Survivor that presented those events intact - this week - and graciously given up my holiday slot the next. And then offered up a feast of 'What will happen next on this amazing Season of ... Survivor!?' teases leading into a post-Thanksgiving recap and the concluding episodes of the Season.

Unfortunately, I must have missed that conference call.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-10, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Recrap show"
Agreed.
I think they will use the recap to rehab certain people and maybe fill in the blanks on some of the people they kept invisible. Maybe they'll even add some Purple Kelly footage so that we understand that the girl who quits was on the show and not one of the dreamteamers who kept stumbling into challenge footage.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Recrap show"
Thanksgiving has usually been a recrap show so it's not really a surprise.

I agree with OFG that we will use the show to fill in some of the Kelly Purples blanks!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Recrap show"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-10 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

Why on earth they would run a recrap back to back with the episode in which they will apparently show the double quit is beyond me

Well, it's better to have a recrap right *before* than right *after* the buzzkiller of a double-quit.

11-16-10, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Recrap show"
The alternative would be to have the fire, Brenda's boot & the 2 quitters in one episode. That is a lot for one episode & I can't say I blame CBS for wanting to divide them into 2 episodes. The timing just happened to work out to have Thanksgiving in between, which is usually the recap episode anyway. The fact that the quitters happen within 24 hours after Brenda's boot IRL doesn't matter -- there are hundred of hours of film that we never see & I'm sure there will be plenty of drama surrounding NaOnka's decision & the actual quitting TC with her & Kelly S. to fill the hour. I will just be very happy to never have NaOnka the focus again on Survivor. And, thankfully, her quitting should insure that she isn't asked back for future seasons.

11-24-10, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Recrap show"
Bumping this so that it will be handy ... after 12:00.

G

11-24-10, 11:31 PM (EST)
8. "Did they even show Wendy Jo? Spoilers"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-10 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

Spoilers for West Coast!!!
Less Jimmy J. than I expected, Yve remained invisible and poor Wendy Jo didn't even make the cut at all -- it's like she wasn't even there.

Take away thoughts:
Marty is still a d!ck and I loved, loved, loved him putting down Tyrone re: all the wood by the fire as if the wind shifting & setting the wood ablaze and possibly the shelter was the dumbest thing he ever heard. He is talking to a fire man & he acts like he is the authority on fires. {rolls eyes} I also loved all his talk about not being "too cocky" in the game. Bud, you went past "too cocky" on day 2. I am so glad that man is gone from my tv.
Jud -- not as dumb as he looks.
NaOnka -- surprisingly, I kind of liked her when she was talking to Holly about stealing the flour. She seemed sincere. I guess without Kelly B. to harass, she is kind of growing on me.
Jane -- so sneaky stealing the fire! Not a good edit for her, imo. I hope she is embarrassed by her actions when she sees them at home.
Chase -- no game, just 100% emotion. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but what a dumba$$.
Sash -- He came off like a used car salesman or (at best) some 2 bit politician.
Benry & Dan -- Not much from what we already know about them.
Kelly P. -- what a sad sack! No wonder she hasn't gotten much camera time if all she did was complain.
Holly -- I don't think we got to know any more about her either, but the "mothering" edit was nice.

11-25-10, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Spoilers"
I could have liked NaOnka if not for the antics and all the crap she pulled. I don't think she's as nasty at heart as what her behavior has been so far on Survivor, but growing up and living in a place like South Central LA and having loved ones living in that hell hole kind of warps your morals due to the need to make survival the top and only priority. I think I've moved from hating her for how shabbily she treated Kelly B. to pitying her for all the $hit she's been through in life and how bad it has mentally and emotionally messed her up. She's a psychological disaster area and I hope that when she went back to the States after S21 was over that she started seeing a good shrink, because she needs it badly.

11-25-10, 02:26 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Spoilers"
I agree whole-heartedly with your assessment of NaOnka & feel pretty much the same way.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-10, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "NaOnka's Past?"
Just curious as to where folks are getting that she has had a horrific past? What "$hit" has she been through? There are no remarks about her past in her bio, so I was curious? Thanks

11-27-10, 10:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: NaOnka's Past?"
I suppose we are assuming she had a hard upbringing because of the fact that she lives in South Central LA, which is a pretty rough neighborhood, with lots of gangs, high crime rate, etc. But we don't know for a fact that she had a hard time growing up.

11-28-10, 03:46 AM (EST)
13. "RE: NaOnka's Past?"
Trust me, even if they aren't crime victims themselves, anybody who grows up and comes from South Central LA does not have it easy. That hell hole is notorious for being Hell on earth, and it was no easy place to live many decades ago, let alone in NaOnka's lifetime. I've read plenty about it from time to time over the years, and you couldn't pay me enough to live there.

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-30-10, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Spoilers"
Did anyone find it interesting that they chose to close the last scene with Jud/Fabio? I still keep thinking that the editing is pointing towards him for a win.

kk

11-30-10, 06:07 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Spoilers"
Totally. Not only was the last clip of Jud right before they showed him Jeff's vo said "only one sole survivor"* and then Jud saying "the rest of the game is smooth sailing."* Points to a Jud win for me, not to mention the "no balls" edit Chase is getting & the scumbag edit Sash is getting.

*may not be exact quotes -- both were something to that effect.

11-30-10, 07:47 PM (EST)
16. "For what it's worth ... "
The very last image wasn't of Jud. His optimistic evaluation was followed by a shot of the HII ... in Chase's hand.

G

11-30-10, 11:09 PM (EST)
18. "RE: For what it's worth ... "
HA! I've already proven my long-term memory is gone, looks like my short-term memory isn't in good shape either!!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-10, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Spoilers"
Jud's statement "the rest of the game is smooth sailing", is a good indication that it will be anything but...call it misdirection or ironic foreshadowing, but the sailing from here on out will not be smooth for Jud.

Krautboy

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-02-10, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Spoilers"
How funny that you took Jud's statement differently that Kiki and I did. Hmmm... interesting perceptions. And I missed the biut with the idol in Chase's hand. As much as I'd like to se Jud win it now, I do have Chase to win in my work Survivor pool. LOL!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-10, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Did they even show Wendy Jo? Spoilers"
I'm not saying Jud won't win, I'm just saying the misdirection indicates it won't be easy for him...

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •