The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Where have all the men gone?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-15-10, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Where have all the men gone?"
I don't believe there has ever been a season of Survivor where men were sent packing so early. 4 consecutive episodes have ended with an Alpha male being voted out and this is happening without any signs of a female alliance. The females that are weak, crazy and downright obnoxious continue to stay. I am left wondering what the impact of this lack of men will have on the rest of the season.

1) Is this just a statistical glitch and the woman will start getting voted out now because there is more of them to choose, or
2) Will more men continue to get voted out pre-merge.
3) Will the lack of men have other implications on the remainder of the show

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Where have all the men gone? dabo 10-15-10 1
 RE: Where have all the men gone? michel 10-15-10 2
 RE: Where have all the men gone? Outfrontgirl 10-15-10 3
   RE: Where have all the men gone? Round Robin 10-16-10 4
       RE: Where have all the men gone? Outfrontgirl 10-16-10 5
           RE: Where have all the men gone? Georjanna 10-16-10 6
               RE: Where have all the men gone? SquidProQuo 10-16-10 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-10, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Where have all the men gone?"
Shannon can be accounted for because of the Young v Old dynamic, the young tribe just didn't value physical strength in challenges as much because they didn't think the old tribe could beat them without the MOP.

The Jimmys were booted mainly because Marty was more interested in controlling sheep than in having a strong tribe, he's over-estimating his Jedi mind powers.

Tyrone, the numbers game worked against him; Holly and the kids have the numbers and can cruise to a merge, losing Tyrone is just losing one of three targets.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Where have all the men gone?"
I'd say also that a big part of the problem for the older men was that they were all very much leaders in their real lives. There wasn't a Bruce or a Dan the Astronaut to follow the others.

When there are a lot of leaders, the followers prosper. The women have smartly let the men shoot each other.

Tyrone REALLY should have watched Survivor Africa before greeting the young ones at Espada.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Where have all the men gone?"
It's time for the tide to turn.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-16-10, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Where have all the men gone?"
But if we didn't already have the spoiler info to guide us, would we think the tide was going to turn, or would we expect more men to get the gate? Sooner or later Marty's bull$h!t has gotta wear thin, and you'd think they'd be looking at a couple of the stronger young men as boots soon due to their IIC threat status.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-10, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Where have all the men gone?"
Historically, the gender inequalities balance out to some extent. Whatever is in excess gets trimmed. Those who start to feel like a minority make an effort to stop the bleeding by banding together.

I do think Marty would be gone very soon, but the idol is protecting him.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-16-10, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Where have all the men gone?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-10 AT 02:55 AM (EST)

Historically, the gender inequalities balance out to some extent.

At Final Ten: 108 Men ~ 92 Women
At Final Four: 36 Men ~ 44 Women
Sole Survivor: 11 Men ~ 9 Women

ETA

The most lopsided Final Ten to date: Fiji (7 Men/3 Women)

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-16-10, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Where have all the men gone?"
Good info. Thanks, Georjanna!

Shannon said in his post-game interviews that he felt the less-physical challenges this season made it easier to cut someone like him loose early. So perhaps that was a bit of a factor this season, but overall it seems to me that there was a specific reason/individual storyline around each of the male boots vs. a concerted "girl power" effort going on. (At least from what we've been shown.)

It is interesting, though, how someone like Dan, who can barely walk or contribute and *should* be a no-brainer to get rid of early, is being carried along as a vote. If Tyrone or Jimmy T could have just kept their mouths shut and been less annoying, would they still be around vs. Dan and some of the women? That "annoyance factor" always seems to be the lesson that some contestants miss -- I guess they just can't help themselves. The previews/editing seem to be setting up Marty to fall into that trap soon too.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •