The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Victoria has no excuse!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-15-04, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Victoria has no excuse!!"
Jonathon is walking scum. Absolutely no doubt and should be beaten and locked up.

BUT

Sorry, Victoria obviously has been with him a while and knows his problems but still stays with the guy. Either she has got serious mental problems, loves his money or just likes being the abused wife.

Leave the guy. If not, my sympathy is growing less and less. Cmon, how many rants and hits does this guy have to give before she works out he is not the the best person for her.

He will not change, an ##### yes, but a very consistent and predictable #####.

I know this topic has been discussed to death but everone is blaming Jonathon when all Victoria has to do is say "See ya and I will take half of everything.' NO kids, no dramas, yet she still stays with him.

Ask yourself why and not give me any battered wife syndrome story. She is not hidden away in a house, she is on international tv.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Victoria has no excuse!! KMan 12-16-04 1
 RE: Victoria has no excuse!! dabo 12-16-04 2
   RE: Victoria has no excuse!! Spider 12-16-04 3
       RE: Victoria has no excuse!! Earl Colby Pottinger 12-16-04 6
       RE: Victoria has no excuse!! The Jayman 12-20-04 8
 RE: Victoria has no excuse!! 1turtle 12-16-04 4
 Just call her... Bebo 12-16-04 5
   Learned Helplessness ivoryElephant 12-16-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-04, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Victoria has no excuse!!"
First of all, how do you know there isn't a pre-nuptual agreement out there? With all his money, I'm sure Jonathan made her sign a pre-nup. Second of all, even though she's on national tv, it doesn't mean that battered woman's syndrome doesn't apply. She may be afraid of retribution later on down the road.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-04, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Victoria has no excuse!!"
Can't she always take refuge at the Playboy Mansion and have him barred from the place?

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-04, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Victoria has no excuse!!"
If there is a pre-nuptial, does that mean its ok for her to let herself get abused for his money? What kind of self respect does she have?

Sorry, either shut up or get out!

(Victoria not the postee)

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-16-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Victoria has no excuse!!"
So what if there is a pre-nuptial? Victoria has her own business too (she went on tour after the race according to thier website) so it not like she will be out on the streets if she leaves him.

The fact that she is still with him now shows that she too has some sort of mental problem or is just greedy for his money.

The Jayman 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-20-04, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Jayman Click to send private message to The%20Jayman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Victoria has no excuse!!"
Jon has abused Victoria to the point of numbness. Maybe she should see Dr. Phil and get some real help. She'll probably kill or castrate him.

1turtle 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1turtle Click to send private message to 1turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Victoria has no excuse!!"
I don't agree with Victoria staying because of money. NO AMOUNT would be enough for a battered person to stay with their spouse. Its more of an emotional attachment and self esteem issues than it is money. I do agree Victoria has no excuse if she is in fact abused. This is tv, a highly stressful situation, and everyone reacts differently. Jonathan goes over the top but I've read in several places that he says he acted crazy for tv. I go back and forth on this issue but when they get eliminated, I think he'll be thankful and appreciative for the experience like Colin was when he lost by minutes (or so it seemed) 1 million dollars. I thought he would have lost it. This show is entertaining. It would be boring if there was no bickering or nasty remarks from contestants. Then what would the boards talk about....

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Just call her..."
...Cleopatra, Queen of Denial.

Now, before anyone accuses me of being insensitive to a situation I know nothing about, let me state that I (unfortunately) know some women who have been in abusive relationships and know what they've gone through. Then feel free to call me insensitive, because I think Victoria's public comments are doing more harm than good for victims of domestic violence.

Yes, it's hard to leave because of self-esteem in the toilet. But plain and simple, she knows who he is, even if she doesn't have the strength to leave yet.

What bothers me is her defense of his behavior. Now, if it were just comments on their website, I could dismiss it by saying he wrote them and attributed them to her (which, in such a controlling relationship, would not be a stretch at all). But her quotes on the show really bug me. The comment about kids really got me.

I know women who were in abusive marriages who would not allow themselves to get pregnant because they didn't want their children to be treated the way they were. They most certainly wouldn't have been telling the world that they thought he would be a terrific father.

So while I empathize that she may not be in a place esteem-wise where she can leave the bastard, I am still appalled by her defense of him. Justifying and defending that sort of behavior not only makes her situation worse, but given her public exposure, could adversely affect other abused spouses.

A poster on another thread complained that CBS showing this behavior may make some idiot believe that there's nothing wrong with that behavior. Well, having the victim defend and dismiss the behavior does a lot more harm than that.

I'll climb off my soapbox now.

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-16-04, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Learned Helplessness"
Maybe she has learned helplessness.

They did a study with animals in which they put them in a cage. At first half the cage would electricute the animal.

If the animal jumped to the other side it wasn't electricuted.

It learned to jump to the other side very well.

Then they made the entire cage electric so even when it jumped, no matter how many times, it was always getting electricuted.

Eventually the animal would just lay there and let itself get electricuted because it knew there was no way out even after they made the other half of the cage safe again.

learned helplessness... yep that is Victoria

mind the gap

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •