The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-16-10, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
If anyone wants to play along and take a stab at what the HII clues mean, here's the 1st clue:

-------

So does x mark the spot by the cave? And I guess it's near where the boat landed/where the sun rises (or sets?) near the water.

No idea what the letter code means...any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Snidget 09-16-10 1
   RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues SquidProQuo 09-16-10 2
 RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-16-10 3
 RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues PepeLePew13 09-16-10 4
   RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues mimo 09-16-10 5
       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-16-10 6
   RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Flowerpower 09-16-10 7
       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-16-10 8
           RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues SquidProQuo 09-16-10 9
               RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-16-10 10
           RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Krautboy 09-16-10 11
       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues PepeLePew13 09-16-10 13
           Is this clearer Snidget 09-16-10 15
   RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Snidget 09-16-10 12
       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 14
           RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues michel 09-16-10 17
 RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 16
   RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues PepeLePew13 09-16-10 18
       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues SquidProQuo 09-16-10 19
           RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 21
               RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues kingfish 09-17-10 24
                   RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues PepeLePew13 09-17-10 25
                       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-17-10 26
                           RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues PepeLePew13 09-17-10 27
                               RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-17-10 29
                                   RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues PepeLePew13 09-18-10 32
                                       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-18-10 34
                       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues kingfish 09-17-10 28
                           RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-17-10 30
                               RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues SquidProQuo 09-18-10 31
       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 20
       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-17-10 22
       RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues emydi 09-17-10 23
 Jeff's calling these "hieroglyphics... SquidProQuo 09-18-10 33
 RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Brownroach 09-23-10 35
   RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues Georjanna 09-23-10 36
       Here is Clue 2 SquidProQuo 09-23-10 37
           RE: Here is Clue 2 vince3 09-23-10 38
               RE: Here is Clue 2 Brownroach 09-23-10 44
                   RE: Here is Clue 2 SquidProQuo 09-23-10 45
           RE: Here is Clue 2 SquidProQuo 09-23-10 39
               RE: Here is Clue 2 vince3 09-23-10 40
                   RE: Here is Clue 2 SquidProQuo 09-23-10 42
                   RE: Here is Clue 2 Brownroach 09-23-10 46
           RE: Here is Clue 2 kingfish 09-23-10 41
               RE: Here is Clue 2 SquidProQuo 09-23-10 43
                   RE: Here is Clue 2 kingfish 09-23-10 47
                       RE: Here is Clue 2 dabo 09-23-10 48
                           RE: Here is Clue 2 kingfish 09-25-10 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-10, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
I'm thinking some sort of word puzzle.

Ship could be Yardarm minus arm, so yard?

But other than that???

09-16-10, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
You have good eyes...I didn't realize that was an arm! I thought that was a map.

Well, at least they're not just giving away the HII this year. I like that they have to work for it.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Just to fool around, if you substitute the numerical place in the alphabet for each letter you get

5 - 22
10 - 24
8 - ?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 02:10 PM (EST)

How about this?

X marks the starting point from the tribal banner (is there a cave on site?)
H = 8th letter
Yardarm minus arm = Yard
Go at sunset (or sunrise?)
Tree + male = Treemail

So... start at the tribal banner (or cave, if there's one), go 8 yards in the direction of the sunset and dig there.

Or maybe it's X marks the spot at where you go 8 yards towards the direction of the sunset from the treemail location.

ETA: no idea on the relation to the E = V and J = X bits, but maybe it's a smokescreen to think H means something else?

mimo 563 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-16-10, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mimo Click to send private message to mimo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
i think you've got it pepe

V is five in roman numerals (E is the fifth letter)
and X is ten (J is the tenth letter)

09-16-10, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
D'oh! I should have seen that.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

Yes good job everyone! But, Pepe, I don't think that last symbol is tree mail, I think it's the Idol at the base of a tree. So, perhaps it's start at the Tribal banner, or the shelter, or a cave, go 8 yards in the direction of sunrise, or sunset (to me it looks like Sunrise - so that would be East), and I think the idol is at the base of a tree?

Well done, everyone!

09-16-10, 03:10 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

I tend to agree that the last symbol is the location of the idol (a tree) because I think they'd put the components in sequential order.

Why are people choosing the tribal banner as a starting point? I'm not seeing a banner in the first symbol, it looks more like a cave, as Pepe said.

ETA:
Assuming the waves are significant in the sun symbol -- based on how their camp is situated they would see the sun either rise directly over the water or set directly over it, but not both. So that would establish the time they should look for the idol. The tree may be on or right near the beach.

09-16-10, 05:13 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Wow, great job everyone! Looks like we're close.

I originally thought the 1st symbol looked like a cave, but now that I'm looking at it again, I'm leaning toward Shelter.

Could the tribal banner come from the part with the ship flag/yardarm?

Is the last one just a tree....or is the person significant? Maybe Tree Mail? Didn't they find the clue when they went to get Tree Mail?

The 8 yards (or feet) definitely seems correct.

09-16-10, 05:45 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Pepe also suggested tree mail for the last symbol. Could be, but the figure doesn't look necessarily male, and why would tree mail be involved in the idol location?

FloPo's theory that the figure at the tree represents the idol makes more sense imo.

I could see the first symbol representing a shelter. Though I'm not sure why the crossbones are there.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-16-10, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Great work everyone! Joining in late, but thought I would throw this into the mix...

The "Sunset" or "sunrise" would cast longer, and more directional shadows than during the day. So I read the last two images as digging "in the shadow of the tree at sunset" a certain distance from it's base.

We also go a crytic clue from Missyae that said "Marty likes to dig". So digging to find the idol would fit.

My 2 cents for what it's worth...

Krautboy

09-16-10, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
I thought I'd see if I could get a better look at the clues for everyone to analyze.

Here's the whole clue on its own:

The cave? Or is it something else? What are the whitish-grey spots inside the cave? Or are we overanalyzing this particular part of the clue?

The tree clue. Yeah, looks more like an idol shape than a male shape:

(or it could simply be something such as 'stand in front of the tree that is visible at sunset, then walk 8 yards away from it')

09-16-10, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Is this clearer"
From the larger pic on the cbs site. I did a screen grab of it.

09-16-10, 06:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
I looked at the larger picture on the CBS site and as well as the H=8 the cave thingy has hash marks on the wall that total 8.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 07:48 PM (EST)

You guys are great!

The first symbol could be the X (crossbones) marks the spot, a place where the idol is buried. Now how to find the burial spot?

Comments on earlier spec:
There is no visible sunrise. They're on the Pacific coast of Nicaragua, sunset only.

If E = V, and J = X, then H= VIII (the hash marks)

I think the ship clue might just be yardarm. I don't know how much technical info the castaways would be expected to have about yardarms, i'm thinking not much.

When the sun is over the yardarm is the traditional time for taking one's first alcoholic drink of the day. I believe it comes from when sailors would get their first grog (rum) allotment over the day. A sun is next to the yardarm, so it could conceivable be something to indicate time of day -- traditionally 11 am.

The yardarm clue could be an angle of the sun, which hits the tree, and then you mark the shadow? Maybe 8 paces from the trunk of the tree? Or maybe it is tree mail. Was there a tree near treemail?

Remember the first clue is supposed to be so hard it is almost impossible to get. Subsequent clues will fill in needed information.

ETA that I looked up the phrase sun over the yardarm, and even though historically on ships it was 11 a.m., the present day use is about 5 p.m., when work ends and happy hour starts.

So IF, big if, that were the meaning of the clue, when the sun is westering before sunset and casting long shadows.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Great job everyone. We'll get this idol before anyone else!

I just wanted to point that, if it is 5 PM then the sun would still be fairly high over the horizon since this was filmed in june-july.

09-16-10, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
missyae praised Kona's clue deciphering. I know Kona posts at MESS, so I went to this week's riddle topic.

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/sreply/6477591/t/S1-Episode-2-Solving-Riddles.html

Basically, he reads it from right to left. Treemail is starting point. Direction is west (sunset). Yards is 8 (next post gets that one). Symbol with X over it is spot where you dig the hole.

09-16-10, 10:22 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Got it! X + cave + 8 notches = excavate.

So... Excavate 8 yards west of the treemail site.

09-16-10, 10:52 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Awesome Pepe!! So it was a cave after all.

Reading it right to left threw everyone off, but I guess it makes sense if you realize you found the clue at Treemail.

Still don't get how the Yardarm fits in, but at least now I know what it means thanks to OFG

P.S. Didn't Alina and Kelly re-hide the clue? I wonder if anyone else will find it. Also, does the other tribe get clues too...or only if your team wins? I missed this part of the episode.

09-16-10, 10:55 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
It was near tree mail, Squid. Wendy Jo specs that Jill could have found one too, as she was the one checking the water, which is also the tree mail locale.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-10, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Sunrise could be dawn, which could be Down.

09-17-10, 05:24 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
*points up at OFG's post #14*

Could be, but OFG pointed out that there is no visible sunrise at the location they're at in Nicaragua.

09-17-10, 05:38 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-10 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

I just noticed that the sun's "rays" are all different. The fourth and seventh are unbroken though the fourth seems to have rounder corners (maybe not). But the others are all broken up in different places.

I wonder if that's supposed to signify anything. I can't imagine what but it seems odd that they bothered to do that.

09-17-10, 06:20 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Agreed. It's been the one thing that is vexing me more than anything else so far with the clue.

09-17-10, 09:57 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
The two solid rays might represent 2 o'clock? But they don't have timepieces, I didn't think, so how would they know exactly...

09-18-10, 08:15 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-10 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

There must be a reason why they have the two solid rays the way they are in the clue, and it's clear that the second ray is shorter than the others a la the hour hand.

So how about this for an idea using your 2:00 scenario:

From the treemail site, face the sunset (which represents 12:00) and turn 2:00 to the right, then excavate 8 yards away.

ETF to make my explanation less convoluted-sounding than my original post.

09-18-10, 10:10 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
I'll buy that. All told it's a lot to figure out but I guess they don't want them to find it from just the first clue.

09-17-10, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
If Dawn is a oblique word association with Down, then whether there is an actual Dawn is immaterial. Replace the word Down with Dawn, much like deriving Excavate from X-Cave-8.

Besides, I've seen the sun rise from the West coast of Costa Rica, I'm sure it's visible in Nicaragua too. Actually I don't really understand that comment, there's a dawn (Change from night to day, and the sun coming up in the east) everywhere in the world between the arctic and antarctic latitudes.

Not as spectacular as in Hawaii, granted, with envy.

09-17-10, 11:13 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Yes but they are on the west coast of Nicaragua so the sun would be over the water in the afternoon/evening, not at dawn. I think the sun being over the water in the clue is intentional.

09-18-10, 00:00 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
>I think the sun being over
>the water in the clue
>is intentional.

I agree. I still think it's sunset (= west) or possibly sunrise (= east). That would fit best with the rest of the clues, going from left to right: Excavate 8 yards (insert west or east) of Treemail.

The distinct rays on the sun are still niggling me too, but I tried looking into sundials and/or whether it could have anything to do with latitude, etc. and haven't really come up with much. At one point I even thought about whether it could be a ship's wheel vs. a sun, but sunset/west still makes the most sense.

At this point I'd be digging in both directions from tree mail!

09-16-10, 10:53 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Pepe, you are dynamite!
So they are doing this like an old Concentration puzzle. Check.

09-17-10, 11:01 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
Excellent! That has to be it. Great job, Pepe!

It'll be fun to watch them try and figure it out.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-10, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
great job Pepe!!

In the TV Guide preview show, Jiffy said they would continue to get visual clues and by clue 3 they would have to know where it is...except for the lawyer on exile island before Sugar found it!

09-18-10, 10:00 AM (EST)
33. "Jeff's calling these "hieroglyphics""
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-10 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

Interesting to see what Jeff has to say about the HII clues this season. Sounds like he thinks they're too tough:

JP: Well, we have a new way of doing the Hidden Immunity Idol clues, these hieroglyphics, that we might have outsmarted ourselves. We're gonna post them online on CBS.com so that the audience can play along and I think the audience is going to get it faster than the players do. I think we might have pushed our limit there. I'm not sure. Even I have not seen the reality of how they did looking for them, but I know we were looking for something new and we take chances sometimes where even we will sit in a room sometimes and go, "This could really backfire on us." We also try a Medallion of Power.

ETA: This is from an interview with HiFix

09-23-10, 01:05 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
It seems we didn't get the clue quite right. From the e-z-version of the clue they deduced (correctly) that the distance was 15 feet, not 8 yards? How?

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-23-10, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Hidden Immunity Idol Clues"
I just assumed that the clues were site-specific for Espada and La Flor ... and thus the difference in (excavating) distances from their Tree Mail locations. Wrong?

09-23-10, 01:25 PM (EST)
37. "Here is Clue 2"
Here's the "simplified" Clue 2 posted on the CBS site:

Evidently the clues are the same for both tribes.

BR, I heard someone saying "15" during the episode last night, but was that actually the correct spot? I thought it was a wrong guess and someone was just adding V and X. There were lots of guesses being thrown out so can't recall where Marty actually dug -- will have to rewatch that part. The "west" part was simply that.

It was funny how JT got the yardarm clue so quickly, given his occupation. If you watch the Insider Clips, Alina and Kelly B. are totally struggling with the clues -- not even close to getting the Concentration concept! There are cliffs with a cave(s) near their camp, so they're looking around there in the Insider Clip.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
We were right, it was "Dig/Excavate 8 Yards West of Treemail"

In clue 2 it's Dig, then the letter rebus again which is H=8, then 3 feet = a yard, the compass has the sun in the west, then they seperated the tree and figure this time and enlarged it so you can see that it's male...

09-23-10, 02:43 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
Okay I see both version of the clues do have the same answer (pepe was right, yay!). But they were saying 15 feet. Like Squid I thought they added 5(V) + 10(X) and now that I see the "feet" that's how they arrived at 15 feet.

But 15 feet does not equal 8 yards, yet they found the idol. Did they realize their mistake later but it wasn't edited into the show?

09-23-10, 02:50 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
>Did they realize their mistake later but
>it wasn't edited into the show?

Yes, that's what I think. Haven't rewatched yet but they probably condensed things. Or Marty might have started digging at 15 yards and then went back and realized it was 8.

09-23-10, 02:02 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
One thing I'm still unclear on is whether each tribe gets a clue every week, or if only the winning tribe gets the clue? Does anyone know?

Wendy hinted in her post-game interview that Jill/Marty might have found clue 1, but we weren't specifically shown any evidence of that. (Although it could explain why they got it quicker than the rest of the tribe.) And as far as we know, we didn't see La Flor getting Clue 2 this week.

Also, I can't recall from watching the episode last night -- did Espada get Clue 1 AND Clue 2 (as shown above on the CBS site)? Or did they just get Clue 2?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
More than likely the winner was only gonna get clue 2 this week because both tribes got the HII clue at treemail/water supply at the same time... La Flor's was more important because Kelly B was involved in that find...

Espada did get both clues. If memory serves, when they add clues to the pile, they give all previous clues before the newest one...

When La Flor gets their next Reward win, they'll probably get their 2nd HII clue... Whether it's a group discovery or a solo discovery of the HII clue we'll have to wait and see...

09-23-10, 02:16 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
>When La Flor gets their next
>Reward win, they'll probably get
>their 2nd HII clue...
>Whether it's a group discovery
>or a solo discovery of
>the HII clue we'll have
>to wait and see...

Vince, speaking of next week's HII clue, check out the Ep. 3 vidcaps thread. Does that look like the HII clue at the top of the shelter/hut to you?

(If this is the case, where everyone potentially gets Clue 2 at the same time, then Alina/Kelly B. will probably get busted for not sharing Clue 1.)

09-23-10, 02:53 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
Espada did get both clues. If memory serves, when they add clues to the pile, they give all previous clues before the newest one...

Exactly, but I don't think Espada got Clue #1 until this week when they got both clues. I think only La Flor got the clue last time, because they won the challenge. So next time the winning tribe will get Clue #3 (along with 1 and 2 again), and so on.

09-23-10, 02:08 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-10 AT 02:11 PM (EST)

I think H still has to equal 8. In the second clue the Roman numeral association is even clearer. They may have said 15 at one point, but they were both digging in different spots, and each (I think) dug in more than one spot. I'm assuming they eventually got around to digging both at 8 feet and 8 yards.

Did anyone get the Tree Male (Mail Tree) association? I sure didn't, but one glance was all it took for (What's her name?) to figure it out. (Doh...Head slap). ETA: I see that Pepe first got that.

BTW, I would think that it isn't unusual for the fisherman of the group to snap to the yard clue pretty quickly. Even many (most?) landlubbers are familiar with sailing terminology, but especially people that grow up around boats (even motor powered fishing boats).

09-23-10, 02:19 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
Kingfish, I agree that it makes sense for JT the fisherman to get the yardarm clue. I was in a hurry above so probably didn't make myself clear. Sorry!

P.S. I think the first tree mail clue was actually easier to get than the 2nd one.

09-23-10, 03:54 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
I think it's interesting (tho not terribly informative) that the same clues apply to HIIs at each site. I don't recall that that was the case before, ever.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
There was the time they were actually hidden in the treemail construct.

09-25-10, 08:45 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Here is Clue 2"
True. I had forgotten that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •