The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP2 Boot "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-16-10, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP2 Boot "
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 02:03 AM (EST)

***SPOILER ALERT...this discussion thread includes some references to "sourced spoliers"...DON"T GO IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW***

The EP2 boot candidates under consideration have included Alina, Jimmy J., Tyrone, Yve, and even Kelly B. for a short while. This speculation was based on clues provided by various spoilers, including Missyae, Africalover333, Blackwhale and others.

Some of the clues provided include:

"shibbysweet wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missy, I got a question if you can answer. Was Brenda well liked by everyone out there? I was curious if the opposing alliance is voting her out because she is a threat or is it because she is not well liked. If she was not well liked, maybe it was the reason that Na Onka turned against her. There has to be a reason that she turns against Brenda. Did the opposing alliance convince her to turn, or did she find out that she was not in Brenda's final 3 and got with the opposing alliance to take her out and then quit because the game got too ugly which is why she felt bad for voting out Brenda and gave her idol to Chase.

Missyae Replied:
"Brenda dodged a very early bullet."

This could be a reference to an EP2 La Flor TC with Brenda being one of the boot targets...if Brenda dodged the "very early bullet", someone else went home.

Missyae has also mentioned..."I do think some of you are going to be surprised and surprised very early in The Game."...Ep1 had no real surprises and either will EP3 and EP4 when JJ and JT are expected to depart, so the "very early" is most likely EP2. Brenda almost being voted out would qualify as very surprising to most, but add to that an unexpected boot and you’ve got a big surprise.

Most of us who have been following the spoilers, latched on to an apparently unreliable spoiler that placed Shannon leaving “just before the merge”. This appears to have been an erroneous assumption after tonight’s premiere.

During the promo for next week, Jeff makes reference to a question asked during TC that supposedly sets off a response unlike anything seen in Survivor history...
Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Jimmy Johnson: Fatigue makes the mind get weak.

Holly: New York city boy gang. Let's just fill his shoes up. And then...

NaOnka: Why are you raising your voice at me? I can get loud, too.

NaOnka : I don't like a thing about him and he gets on my nerves

Jeff: 21 seasons of Survivor. Never had an opening question open that much whoop-#####

...this matches up perfectly with Shannon’s departing TC, rumored to be the "best in Survivor history."

Missyae wrote:
“…I wish they would name the eppy when Shannon leaves 'Survivor Uncut, Unedited' and show his entire Tribal Council commercial free. It only lasted around 15 minutes and he left no stone unturned. If you lied to him, you were called out on it. Depending on what is shown, a certain group of people may not like him very much. There will be one player who probably regrets asking Shannon 'what did I lie about?" Come on CBS, just show the entire 15 minutes uncut, commercial free!!!!!! Maybe David Letterman can come up with an appropriate Top 10 List and ask Shannon Elkins to present it???"

Missyae Replied:
”I think with Shannon it might be more fun to just watch what happens with him and when it happens.”

In EP1 Kelly was used for misdirection as the editing focused on her leg and the confessionals of those who said she needed to be voted out. In EP2 Espada will probably use the Medallion of Power, La Flor will go to TC, Brenda will "dodge the bullet" and Shannon will treat us to one of "the best Tribal councils in Survivor History" before he is voted out…

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP2 Boot Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 1
 RE: EP2 Boot Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 2
   RE: EP2 Boot Belle Book 09-16-10 11
       RE: EP2 Boot Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 12
           RE: EP2 Boot Belle Book 09-17-10 22
 RE: EP2 Boot Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 3
 RE: EP2 Boot Flowerpower 09-16-10 4
   RE: EP2 Boot Brownroach 09-16-10 5
       RE: EP2 Boot Krautboy 09-16-10 7
   RE: EP2 Boot Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 6
       RE: EP2 Boot Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 10
 Tina's Theory Krautboy 09-16-10 8
   RE: Tina's Theory Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 9
   RE: Tina's Theory Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 13
       RE: Tina's Theory Outfrontgirl 09-16-10 14
           Erratic Behavior Krautboy 09-17-10 15
               RE: Erratic Behavior Outfrontgirl 09-17-10 16
                   RE: Erratic Behavior SquidProQuo 09-17-10 17
                       RE: Erratic Behavior PepeLePew13 09-17-10 18
                           RE: Erratic Behavior Brownroach 09-17-10 19
                           RE: Erratic Behavior SquidProQuo 09-17-10 20
                               RE: Erratic Behavior Brownroach 09-17-10 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-10, 05:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP2 Boot "
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 05:33 AM (EST)

Admirable reasoning, KB.

ETA, that Krautboy posted he was looking at Shannon for Ep 2 boot before the premiere.
missyae's topic at Sucks
Jeff's comment about the TC wasn't aired yet. <claps>

09-16-10, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP2 Boot "
Having thought some more about it:
As the young tribe is arrogant, it is easier for them to break the rules of boot the weak early and hoard the strong. Normally Shannon would be safe for a bit.

Brenda (bullet-dodger) got the clue from unwitting Chase that the guys are already talking gender alliance, at least some guys. She may try to pull some people together to forestall a move. She may dodge a bullet, not because she is weak (she's not), but because she appears to be the Laura of the season for the women. <just spec>

missyae said there was an early minority alliance that didn't last too long. If so, we may see it in Ep 2. The 3 who belong to ethnic minorities -- Brenda, Na Onka, Sash -- may have something going on. Na Onka fights with Jud.

Shannon was shown being vehement about not letting the girls run it. From his video he talks about being married, bossed around. He had to marry his girlfriend when he was 19. His attitude is probably not subtle.

There wasn't a lot of time for setting up story on La Flor in the premiere, and they bothered to show us the bit about the boys against girls, so it just seems logical to me that this is the story that will unfold in Ep 2.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-16-10, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EP2 Boot "
In which case, it's likely that Shannon will get the boot. I'm not upset -- in Estee's Survivor fanfic, there was a guy named Desmond who had the exact same attitude about women that Shannon does -- although for a different reason. Of course, he didn't make the merge either.

I can understand a little of why Shannon feels the way he does if he had to marry his girlfriend when he was 19 -- maybe she got pregnant and thus he felt he had to marry her -- and later felt like she bossed him around. Still, that's no excuse for his attitude.

09-16-10, 08:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: EP2 Boot "
He explains in his bio that he did get her pregnant, and because his own dad ducked out of his family, he felt obligated to marry her. They now have four kids, and he's only 30.

There was someone at Sucks from the same small town in Louisiana who said Shannon is just like all the men there -- and they have no filter between brain and mouth.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-17-10, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: EP2 Boot "
Well, no wonder he gets the boot then -- I'd probably want him gone sooner than later if I was there and had to deal with a guy with no filter between his brain and his mouth!

I'm glad he behaved the way he did to his girlfriend, but having four kids by the age of 30 is a little much! Incidentally, my sister got married at 16 both because she got pregnant and because she wanted to marry her boyfriend, my brother-in-law. They have two kids, and they're still together.

09-16-10, 06:05 AM (EST)
3. "RE: EP2 Boot "
Watch the video ... get Jeff's predictions taken right after the first TC.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20354695_20426283_5,00.html
"Shannon could talk his way out of this game, and I keep coming back to Alina."

Goes on to mention that Dan's knee is a problem; he's limping.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP2 Boot "
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 07:34 AM (EST)

I agree, Krautboy, and well done! Last night definitely led me to believe that the Espada tribe will indeed be using their medallion of power for the IC in episode 2, therefore, more than likely the La Flor's will be heading to TC. There were several conflicts over at La Flor that arose last night. The first being the one regarding Brenda. Both she and Shannon came to Chase for an alliance. Chase gave his word to the scheming Shannon, in regards to sticking together as the strongest and taking out the women. Then, Chase exposed the guy's plan when Brenda approached him for an alliance. Shannon will see Brenda as a threat, and Brenda will most likely figure out that Shannon is the one behind the scheme to oust the women. With the whoop-a$$ that will be exploding post question one at TC, I'd say that Shannon could be heading down the path to LL, especially since we hear spoilers of a big surprise. It all fits!

The second conflict brewing at La Flor came from Alina, when she confessed her dismay regarding being connected to Kelly...Not a positive sign, imo.

There is one red flag that I have regarding down the road. The red flag with Dan's knee. Has it been confirmed that the two Jimmy's will leave ep 3 and 4? Might Dan be before those two? Just thinking out loud....if he's got a major handicap I can't see him outlasting others...

ETA: Also wanted to point out that the Espada tribe didn't get any fishing gear last night....perhaps they win it at the next RC, or if no RC, the next IC. Jimmy J needs to emerge as a fisherman prior to his boot...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-10, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP2 Boot "
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

The second conflict brewing at La Flor came from Alina, when she confessed her dismay regarding being connected to Kelly...Not a positive sign, imo.

This didn't register quite as strongly as a "conflict" to me, she was just stating the obvious that Kelly B is not an ideal alliance-mate to go all the way to the end with.

Good call on Shannon for next week, KB. The way missyae talked him up as the strongest person in the game, like James Clement but stronger, suggested he would be around longer to illustrate that. Also the description of his TC (he left no stone unturned. If you lied to him, you were called out on it) sounded like a reaction to things that had built up over more time. But missyae's info can be quite subjective, as we know.

ETA: I can't find anything about a spoiler that Shannon was the last pre-merge boot. I think it was a conclusion some people jumped to. Here's more from missyae's posts that supports an early exit for Shannon after people had slotted him in for later:

Missyae wrote:
"There are just a few players who have you really fooled about how well they did."

OFGtheory wrote:
OK, a challenge.
Are we overestimating them or underestimating them?

Missyae Replied:
"There is one that is getting very overrated and a couple of others that are getting mildly overrated. Some good advice from you, 'not to get too attached to conclusions that aren't in evidence.' I think there are a few players who people are just hoping do so well that they are not really considering that they might not do very well.
<<< missyae projecting that last part, it sounds like -- BR

And in another post:

"I can right now when the season is over I am going to get hammered for saying certain people are memorable just because they did not go as far as some others. I have tried to make it clear that memorable does not have to equal success."

09-16-10, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP2 Boot "
>ETA: I can't find anything about
>a spoiler that Shannon was
>the last pre-merge boot.
> I think it was
>a conclusion some people jumped
>to.

BR: Here's the Africalover333 "spoiler", which eventually took on a life of it's own...

From TDT General Spoilers:

AfricaLover333 (August 5, 12:42 p.m. - since deleted):
"- Chase and Brenda are in a romance where Brenda controls Chase
-
- Shannon calls everyone out on his tribe at TC and does not make the jury
- The young tribe wins a lot of challenges and their success has nothing to do with strategy what so ever
- Most big characters leave pre-jury
- Brenda, Na Onka and Sash form a minority alliance but it doesn't last long"

Krautboy

09-16-10, 01:44 PM (EST)
6. "RE: EP2 Boot "
FP, the reasoning for JimmyJ and JimmyT as 3&4 is solid. I will come back and lay it out later but right now I'm on iPhone.

09-16-10, 06:48 PM (EST)
10. "RE: EP2 Boot "
What we know about the two Jimmies.

Jimmy J does not last very long at all.
He is not the second boot, because in his interview he mentions being there more days than that.
He says he could not have a BM while in camp (Never!), but did have one on Day 8 (the Ep 3 TC),
He is not the 4th boot.
Jimmy T directly follows Jimmy J.
There is a pre-merge double boot that involves two females, which is either at 5/6 or 6/7 according to standard scheduling.
In any case, Ep 5 wouldn't fit the doesn't last very long at all clue.

Ep 3 it is, and Ep 4 for Jimmy T.
The other male pre-merge boot from Espada is Tyrone, so he must fit into slot 5 or slot 8.

The swap could be as early as Ep 3. It's supposed to be quite early on.

09-16-10, 05:37 PM (EST)
8. "Tina's Theory"
Tina Wesson's theory was that you could tell who was in an alliance and who was on the outs, by observing who was next to whom at camp, Tribal council and as they walk to and from Challenges.

This vidcap from EP1 supports a Shannon boot...

Shannon is off by himself, separated from the rest of the tribe.

Krautboy

09-16-10, 06:40 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Tina's Theory"
Classic!
While we're at it, Jud, Chase, Sash are next to each other as Chase and Jud share a moment. Kelly P(urple) is by Brenda, Benry is alone byt smiling with the other guys (and someone could be out of frame).

missyae said he didn't want to discuss the timing of Shannon's boot. There was an assumption on part of many that if he felt that upset at his tribe, it would be somewhat into the game when bonds and alliances had been formed. One likely time to get mad was if he were cut by his allies one TC shy of the merge.

09-16-10, 08:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Tina's Theory"
PS. Re Tina's theory, Tribal Council seating has been assigned for a long time, but they surely don't assign who you walk next to on the way there.

The new clues are up which point towards a paranoid meltdown.

OVERWHELMED WITH PARANOIA, ONE CASTAWAY BEHAVES ERRATICALLY AND FINALLY REACHES A BREAKING POINT THAT THREATENS TO END THEIR GAME EARLY, ON "SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA," WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 22

"Fatigue Makes Cowards of Us All" - Tempers flare at La Flor and fights erupt as the young castaways struggle to overcome some potentially dangerous personality conflicts within the tribe

Na Onka fighting with Jud looks like the promo misdirection.

09-16-10, 11:25 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Tina's Theory"
No, according to blackwhale, the fighting goes like so:

"There was some sort of confrontation between Shannon & Na'Onka, and when Na'Onka discusses it with her fellow racial minority alliance member Brenda, Brenda brings up the men's alliance thing she heard from Chase, and Chase is lured in by Brenda's charms and this all does Shannon in."

It does not sound like Shannon necessarily fits the erratic clue. I was probably too quick to lump them together as one clue.

09-17-10, 01:36 AM (EST)
15. "Erratic Behavior"
I think the erratic behavior and the person reaching the breaking point is Holly, when she takes Dan's expensive Italian shoes, fills them with sand and throws them in the ocean.

Krautboy

09-17-10, 04:56 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Erratic Behavior"
Yes, of course. I was focused on the boot, but I have no doubt that is right. Holly is the one who becomes paranoid and flips out.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-17-10, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Erratic Behavior"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-10 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

I'm not up to speed yet on all the spoilers and spec, but I just noticed this nugget on Survivor Fever and thought it might tie in to this week's clues/discussion. (This evidently is from Missyae -- he offered up impressions of each of the contestants.)

Holly - Good competitor, weak minded, loose cannon, tick.tick.tick.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-10, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Erratic Behavior"
It's worth keeping in mind that the big blow-up doesn't have to be related to the boot itself. I've been seeing in several places where people are posting as if the whoop-azz was releated to the bootee. It could simply be a case of someone blowing off steam and then the tribe goes back to focusing on the boot.

09-17-10, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Erratic Behavior"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-10 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

But the whoopass is at TC, and missyae, who has been touting how Shannon tells everyone and their mother off at his boot TC, has now finally admitted that Shannon leaves this week:

...If you follow the clues, hints, and see Jeff's scene from TC next week when Shannon and Chase are going at each other, how hard is it to guess that? Chase gets the credit for doing Shannon in. Even though a few things lead up to it, Chase gets the kill.

and then

Shannon gave Naonka his socks to wear because she ended up losing hers. Shannon was done it by Chase. The paranoid comment on the preview is not about Shannon as I think he was fully aware of what was going to happen to him and was not paranoid about it at all. That is more likely meant towards Holly this week. I really doubt if they show everything that Shannon said at Tribal Council, CBS would probably be too worried about the backlash. If they do show it all, mouths will drop. Like I said earlier, I wish they would show the entire 15 minutes it took, uncut. So if there was a rift between Naonka and Shannon, it is news to me. Possible? Sure, but I have not heard one word about it.

So it seems it will be all about the boot.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-17-10, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Erratic Behavior"
Great point. Also, as KB notes above, this week's clues seem to be lumped together, but probably are 2 separate situations. Holly could be the paranoid person vs. the TC blowup clue relating to La Flor.

09-17-10, 11:42 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Erratic Behavior"
That seems to be the general consensus.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •