The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-22-10, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-10 AT 03:26 PM (EST)

Sorry to deliver such bad news. Don't see how it will play out, either. His FACEBOOK message (or whatever) tells ALL. He's baaaaaaaccccckkkkk. He will board his plane next week.

Russell Hantz: There are a lot of rumors out there circulating, I am letting everyone know that I am efficially retiring from the game of Survivor. I'm not saying I will never do reality tv, I already proved my point that I'm the best survivor. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone, but I think its for the best for me and my family to move on. Thank you for your support and God Bless.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... SpotTheDifference 07-22-10 1
 RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... BrassFan 07-22-10 2
   RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... Brownroach 07-22-10 4
       RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... goldenmike4393 07-22-10 5
           RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... sol 07-23-10 15
               Weigh the odds. Estee 07-23-10 16
               RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... goldenmike4393 07-23-10 17
                   RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... Estee 07-23-10 19
               RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... PepeLePew13 07-23-10 18
                   RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... Brownroach 07-26-10 20
                       RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... goldenmike4393 07-28-10 23
 RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... PepeLePew13 07-22-10 3
 RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... Round Robin 07-23-10 6
   RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... PepeLePew13 07-23-10 7
       RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... byoffer 07-23-10 8
           RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... CTgirl 07-23-10 9
               RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... PepeLePew13 07-23-10 11
                   RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... Brownroach 07-23-10 13
               RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... goldenmike4393 07-23-10 14
       RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... Estee 07-23-10 10
           RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... PepeLePew13 07-23-10 12
 REALITY BLURRED ARTICLE ON RUSS V R... goldenmike4393 07-26-10 21
   RE: REALITY BLURRED ARTICLE ON RUSS... Estee 07-26-10 22
 RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... Outfrontgirl 10-26-10 24
   I'll bite kiki_k 10-26-10 25
       RE: I'll bite Outfrontgirl 10-26-10 26
       RE: I'll bite sol 10-27-10 27
           RE: I'll bite Outfrontgirl 10-27-10 28
       RE: I'll bite LFJ 10-27-10 29
           RE: I'll bite Outfrontgirl 10-27-10 30
       RE: I'll bite Karchita 10-28-10 31
 RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... grit 10-28-10 32
   RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... Karchita 10-28-10 33
       RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs R... grit 10-28-10 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-22-10, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "

Honestly, I kinda expected this to happen after the HvV reunion show. I didn't think they'd do it though because it's just a really, really bad idea.

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-10, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
What am I missing?

Where in that message does it say that he's back? It says that he's NOT doing any more Survivor.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-22-10, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
I believe goldenmike edited his post after seeing the RussHell quote. (Rob v. RussHell was already being discussed here.)

07-22-10, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-10 AT 12:25 PM (EST)

Here's your update!

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/72391/t/Survivor-22-Russell-Hantz-vs-Rob-Mariano.html

My comment that he's bbaaaaaaccccckkkk is based on Russ being a liar. His Facebook quote proves it

http://www.facebook.com/people/Russell-Hantz/100000450583428

Watch for his facebook to "disappear" next week or so... Wow!

I just sent Russ a message via FACEBOOK: Have a Safe Trip to Nicaragua - Have a good time

BTW: Miss spoiled "Neither player will leave early."

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-23-10, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
BTW: Miss spoiled "Neither player will leave early."

I added bold to the last line.

How long have they been filming S22 that Miss spoils that neither will leave early? Am I missing something here, or is credibility missing?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-10, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Weigh the odds. "
Unless Jeff's been scurrying around like a panicked mouse as MB puts him through the joy of filming simul-seasons, the earliest S22 could have realistically started shooting is -- today. Given that, having credible spoiler information about a boot order isn't impossible -- it's just really, really unlikely.

Take out the 'And he gets bonus mileage for his hat!' option, and there's still two ways to have a duration spoiler before the season begins.

1. You know something about what production's planning. It wouldn't surprise me if the boomerangs each got Immunity at their tribe's first Council, although anything beyond that would be an eyebrow-lifter.

2. You got a look at the script.

07-23-10, 01:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-10 AT 12:33 PM (EST)

Good catch, Sol!

Here's where I pulled it:

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/reply/6253309#reply-6253309

Neither player will leave early. As far as the other names tossed around I can only say what I heard. Coach is filming a movie there and Hatch has some serious issues with a passport.

Sol: I thought you might be interested in this http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/reply/6285556#reply-6285556

Russ and Robb can't be "playas" for obvious reasons. Missy Confirmation: Mentors and Coaches. This will be GOOD!

07-23-10, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Coach is filming a movie there

...I'm going to bed.

Did he get an extra trailer to house his ego?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-10, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Considering that S21 Nicaragua just had their final TC yesterday (according to TDT's calendar), they wouldn't have started filming for S22 yet since they haven't managed to clone Jiffy or the camera crew yet.

If Missy said this, I'd say he got intel from Russhole or somebody close within the production crew that both he and Rawb got an assurance that neither one would be the first boot through some kind of a twist.

07-26-10, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
If the whole show was conceived as a battle between Rob and RussHole, they pretty much had to do something to ensure they both last awhile. Maybe the premise would be that as team "captains," they are ineligible to be voted out until the merge.

07-28-10, 12:34 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Nice speculation, BR

07-22-10, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
We've been through this before.

If you got this from another forum or site, you need to link to it. You know all about 'hearsay'.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-23-10, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
We all know damn well how it SHOULD play out if there's any logic to it. If they really do this, Boston Rob should eat RussHell for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. RussHell thinks he's hot stuff, but those of us who have watched this game for the last 10 years know he ain't squat compared to Mariano.

07-23-10, 06:44 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
The smart players would keep Russhole around and boot Mariano early a la HvH -- Mariano is too dangerous to keep around while everyone knows that Russhole is easy to beat with a jury.

Just outlasting Mariano on the show wouldn't mean that he is a better player than Mariano.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-10, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Except that smart players also know that RussHell has a habit of getting smart players booted.

RussHell has shown that he is really annoying to keep around camp, doesn't contribute to camp life, and is not useful in challenges.

I think if I were to play with RussHell, knowing what I know, I would try to get him booted early.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-10, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
In addition, he is a master manipulator. I wouldn't want to take the chance that he would arrange to boot my alliance mates. He's too aware of what is going on around camp and who is dangerous to him.

Rob I'd keep until the merge because he is such a strong competitor. He's the perfect merge boot!

07-23-10, 10:49 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Oh I think I'd want to keep Russhole around more than Rawb if I was there in the game. All I'd have to do is to stroke (sorry for the mental image) his ego and be completely on his side in public with an alliance on the side with whoever Russhole wants to keep on his side.

The trouble with Rob being a perfect merge boot is that he's difficult to beat in challenges! If Tyson hadn't screwed up in HvH, I think Rob would have won all except maybe one or two of the remaining ICs after the merge.

07-23-10, 11:24 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Being in an alliance with RussHole can taint the jury’s perception of you, though. Part of why Sandra won was that she made it clear all along that she hated RussHole, while Parvati was viewed as having been somewhat in cahoots with him.

Getting into an alliance with Boston Rob is a not-bad idea, since he’s a strong physical player and a good strategist, but can also seriously alienate people, as witnessed during the endgame of the first AllStars.

All things considered, I'd want RussHole gone ASAP.

07-23-10, 12:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
CT I love the way you think!

You're a smart cookie, in deed!!

07-23-10, 10:46 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
The smart players

Casting must have had fun with this season. 'We need people who've never heard of our series, our host, any of the players, have no idea what strategy is, refused to read the rulebook, and are basically only out there to get a tan. And not only is Rachel already on another show, but Sean refused to come back.'

07-23-10, 10:50 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Yeah, this is why I think Russhole will go in the first two or three boots - they don't usually cast 'smart' people!

07-26-10, 07:05 PM (EST)
21. "REALITY BLURRED ARTICLE ON RUSS V ROBB"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-10 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_22/2010_Jul_20_russell_rob_rumor

This is outright ridiculous. At this point, they "doth protest too much".

Good News! Blackwhale is back. Here's the first post I found:

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/72391?page=6

"Russell posted that on his Facebook for a reason. His FB will be "maintained" throughout the entire filming to deal with the high visibility. Missyae has good credibility - someone who knows what they're talking about."

(what? Russ needs a press agent? come on!)

More from BW:

Hatch thought they'd wait to bring Russell back until he (Hatch) was ready and able to go. SEG isn't waiting though - they aren't interested in dealing with all of Richard's drama.

http://survivorsucks.com/reply/6283949#reply-6283949

Next logical question: Can a federally convicted felon obtain a passport?

Here's some info on that issue: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_a_convicted_felon_obtain_a_passport

07-26-10, 07:33 PM (EST)
22. "RE: REALITY BLURRED ARTICLE ON RUSS V ROBB"
So now all MB needs is a look-alike who can report to RussHell's job, pick up his kids, and sleep with his spouse -- all three of which are more than RussHell's bothered to do for at least seventy-eight days. Isn't it lucky, having his sister already in place? A little makeup, a little tutoring, a lot of ego... Of course, none of that would qualify on the same level of proof as maintaining an account on Facebook. Why, if RussHell was Twittering at the same time, he'd have to be twins!

Tune in tomorrow. I'm going to prove Descartes false via his lack of Email address.

The negative reactions are encouraging. Production not seeing them coming -- not quite as much.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-10, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
bump
please continue to discuss whether this is an abominable notion of a season, whether pageant queens who oppose gay marriage sound like good contestants for Survivior, and how many times CBS could feasibly force us to watch Russell again on this topic.

Put any game spoilers in my S22 source topic, for now. Maybe someone wants to start a topic with photos and info of the contestants?

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-26-10, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "I'll bite"
My problem with this is not that Prejean opposes gay marriage per se--yes I find people who oppose gay marriage to be narrowminded, but the fact is a lot of the Survivor contestants *might* oppose gay marriage -- supporting gay marriage isn't a qualification to be on the show. A person's position on gay marriage should not even come up in connection with Survivor, because, let's face it -- the opinion (narrowminded or not) of a person who is not an elected official and $5 can get him/her a cup of coffee at the Four Seasons.
My problem is this is STUNT casting at its worse. The only reason she is on this show is because of the controversy surrounding her gay marriage comment and MB is exploiting it in an effort to increase ratings. That is disgusting, imo. He is basically promoting her, and, in effect, endorsing her. Of course, she agreed to be on the show, so she shares responsibility. But it is MB who makes the call and I find it extremely distasteful. SO much so, that I seriously doubt I'll watch this dreck. Fine, she is entitled to her opinion, but I am entitled to mine too, and I'm not going to support her by watching her. That is how I'm going to show my distate -- by not watching her or a show that is promoting/endorsing her. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have watched the show because of my opinion of Russell (see below), but with Prejean being on, I have the added bonus of not watching it "in protest."
As for Russell, the whole love affair with Russell by CBS/MB needs to stop. The man lost, twice, and they & he need to get over themselves. Furthermore, he did it by being an abusive, sexist pig both times. By casting him, yet again, MB is "promoting" (and "endorsing") Russell's abusive sexist manner the same way he is promoting Prejean's anti-gay marriage opinions, and it is just as disgusting to me. Does MB really expect me to sit through another season of Russell bashing every female on the show and telling me how much better he is because he's a man? Because I'm not.
I hope S22 has the worst ratings ever so MB can stop this stunt casting and the show can go back to casting people who want to play the game not extend their 15 minutes of fame. I'll do my part to make sure that happens by changing the channel.

10-26-10, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I'll bite"
hear hear! I have nothing to add, that was so well put.

well, let me just add that when I asked the question you answered I was just grabbing something off the top of my head, not posting a well considered question. I don't particularly feel that people need to "qualify" to play.

However, you took my flip and casual question and turned it into a thoughtful analysis of the situation. Stunt casting is a problem. I'm not a Nielson family, so the sound of me switching channels goes unheard, not sure how best to register disgust.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-27-10, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I'll bite"
I dunno, maybe it's me ... but if someone is against gay marriage there's a simple solution ... don't marry a gay.

BTW kiki ... I'm with you. Boston Rob vs. Russell is a good reason to do something else with my life ... I'm sure I can find a boring book somewhere and find more joy in it.

10-27-10, 05:34 AM (EST)
28. "RE: I'll bite"
>I dunno, maybe it's me ...
>but if someone is against
>gay marriage there's a simple
>solution ... don't marry a
>gay.

but but but that would be like minding one's own business unless the situation actually applies to one's own life. Do people really act that way? How ever do they garner tons of undeserved media attention with that sort of behavior?

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-10, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: I'll bite"
This could be out of context, as I have not had time to read the boards, or watch the episodes, for that matter. But I caught this post, and wondered if you thought it possible MB uses Russ's behavior as a sort of "what NOT to do" lesson? The definition of insanity, afterall, is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result (Russ doesn't learn the lesson) - I think it more likely MB is laughing at Russ while on his way to the bank. This may account for casting a person who has strong, and less than liberal opinions, and is not afraid to voice them - a controversial figure, if you will. She (Prejean?) will likely be portrayed as a goat by editing. We, the cattle - viewers, that is, need someplace to vent our spleens.

10-27-10, 10:38 PM (EST)
30. "RE: I'll bite"
My opinion is that they have determined Russ is gold for ratings, simple as that. Win or lose, he makes bold moves and people will watch to see what he does.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-10, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: I'll bite"
Very well said, kiki.

If Russell and Prejean are really going to be on next season, I may have to sit this one out, too. Icky, icky, poo.

Bouquet by c2p

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-28-10, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
I may be the only Russell Hantz luvver around here.

I like how he stirs the pot. I like how he makes everyone scramble and strategize harder than they would have. I hate it when the Survivors are lazy with their strategies. I love watching his stupid antics. I love the feeling of outrage when someone underestimates him and ends up getting voted out.

The two seasons he was in Survivor were pretty exciting, which was refreshing after several boring seasons.

As long as he doesn't win, I'm happy.

Okay, now you can all heap some abuse on me for stating my Russell love.

I got sliced!

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-10, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Get help. Your use of the word 'love' is especially disturbing.

Bouquet by c2p

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-28-10, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano! "
Did I mention that I also think he's very sexy?

a berry nice sigpic from agman

Okay, I may have gone too far on that one...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •