The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-04-04, 02:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"

Few clues in TAR5 preview vidcaps for Episode 6

#1 - Begging for money#2 - Last place & penniless!
#3 - Buy my apple, or I'll kill you!#4 - Still looks like Cairo
#5 - like the blind leading the blind!#6 - bad news - bunching, good news - it's not a airport
#7 - Brandon shows his "man boobs"#8 - Step away from the taxi....NOW!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... PrimeCupEevee 08-04-04 1
   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... badger 08-04-04 2
       RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... seahorse 08-04-04 3
           RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... skyhoneybear 08-04-04 4
               RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... Pensha26 08-04-04 6
           RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... Cleveland Guy 08-04-04 5
               RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... Ontario TAR Fan 08-04-04 10
                   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... TeamJoisey 08-04-04 11
           RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... aquariaqueen 08-04-04 7
               RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... esquire 08-04-04 8
                   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... seahorse 08-08-04 38
               RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... Gingerman28 08-04-04 9
                   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... TeamJoisey 08-04-04 12
                       RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... clemsonbeav 08-04-04 13
                           RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... Urban_Kitten 08-04-04 16
                               RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... Serendipity 08-04-04 19
                       RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... memacmur 08-04-04 14
                           RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... Loree 08-04-04 15
                               RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... Urban_Kitten 08-04-04 17
                                   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... indian girl 08-05-04 26
 Luxor Pit Stop Location spoiler TARJUNKIE999 08-04-04 18
   RE: Luxor Pit Stop Location spoiler minky 08-05-04 20
 Online Preview Commentary Neobie 08-05-04 21
   RE: Online Preview Commentary Urban_Kitten 08-05-04 22
       RE: Online Preview Commentary Ontario TAR Fan 08-05-04 23
       RE: Online Preview Commentary TARJUNKIE999 08-05-04 24
           RE: Online Preview Commentary Urban_Kitten 08-05-04 25
 #8 minky 08-05-04 27
 #6 minky 08-05-04 28
 RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... procrastin8tor 08-06-04 29
   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... Neobie 08-06-04 30
   RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview... TARJUNKIE999 08-07-04 31
 RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7 TARJUNKIE999 08-07-04 32
   RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7 Wertle 08-07-04 33
   RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7 minky 08-07-04 34
       RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7 minky 08-07-04 35
           RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7 Wertle 08-08-04 36
               RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7 minky 08-08-04 37
                   RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7 Gingerman28 08-08-04 39
                       RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7 choochoo 08-09-04 42
 RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from... TARJUNKIE999 08-08-04 40
   RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from... LeftPinky 08-09-04 41
       RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from... indian girl 08-09-04 43
           RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from... Gingerman28 08-09-04 44
       RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from... memacmur 08-09-04 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PrimeCupEevee 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PrimeCupEevee Click to send private message to PrimeCupEevee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
I'll add CBS Website info here:

Tempers flare when Charla & Mirna try to steal Colin & Christie's taxi.

The bowling moms struggle with the new twist that has left them penniless. Can they overcome this obstacle?

A herd of unruly goats run several Teams ragged along the shores of the Nile.

Frustration and impatience plague a few teams who realize digging in the sand is not as easy as it seems.

_________
Now my own thoughts:
1)I believe the digging and the goats are both options of the Detour. It appears that Brandon is digging.
2)If you overhear the vidcaps, it sounds like Colin and Christie left their cab, so Charla and Mirna took it.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
one thought from these... if charla and mirna are "stealing" a cab from colin and christie, it appears that the latter's gigantic lead has been diminished.

(thank goodness)

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
It is amazing they could lose such a large lead that quickly. There must be some serious bunching going on.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Where are Chip and Kim?

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kanye West "Through the Fire"

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-04-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
They are 4th right behind "Blue Lagoon". He helped the twins find the clue at the pyramid and fell behind by a few minutes.

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Not that amazing. and not even that much bunching.

Getting in just before noon - means they leave just before midnight.

What's gonna be open in the desert at midnight = NOTHING.

So they have to wait till day break. ~ 7am.

Midget and Gidget were done by 7Pm - and 12 hours makes it 7AM.

Still might have a huge advantage on the rest of the pack.

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Good points. But I think that Charla and Mirna are not much more than an hour ahead of the other teams - based only on the landing time of the airport. If things open in the desert at 9am, all of them will be bunched up there.

What surprised me was that no other teams went to the FF, only to find it had been used.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-04-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"

I think Charla and Mirna might be more than an hour ahead because they may have completed the detour more quickly. The camel ride seemed to go smoothly, while the other teams struggled to move the rocks.
These two two teams will bunch in the a.m., but might be two hours ahead of the rest of the pack.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Seems like they could have used that Fast Forward at a better time during the race.

What were they thinking?

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-04-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
They were thinking very logically for someone playing this game. There is only 1 other FF and who knows if C/C will even have an opportunity to use that one. Since the next FF is the last FF, the first person to find the next FF will have no reason to not use it immediately.

Reducing the number of FF is was a bad idea in my humble opinion. there is no reason for the person who finds it not to use it immedialtely

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
I agree, there is only 1 more FF and anyone esle could see it before them. Maybe it did not work out to be a big advantage to them, but how could they know, maybe they could have gotten a huge lead also.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-04-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Sure looks like the pretty couple have blown it. Bad use of the Fast Forward when they were already at least 12 hours ahead of everyone else. Notice that not one other team even looked at the FF when they were opening their clue at the Cairo Tower. Right that most things probably don't open until daybreak so that is one bunch point. And the teams seem to take taxies from their "pit stop hotel or camp" back to the Pyramid area to start the next ep off. So it looks like the first clue takes them back down into a tomb of some sort with the cousins leading the Blue Lagooners. The next bunching probably happens on the flight from Cairo to Luxor. This is where we see the cousins "stealing" a cab from the perfect couple. It doesn't look good for the bowling moms but the "spoiler" still has them as one of the five teams making it to New Zealand so they must survive somehow; while it looks like the pizza boys are next to go in EP6. Then we have three eps (Dar es Salaam, Dubai, and Calcutta) left, two of which have to be non-elimination to get down to the five teams going on to New Zealand.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-04-04, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
None of the other teams mentioned the Fast Forward because it wasn't an option at the time they opened the envelope. The producers probably removed the green folders from the envelopes.

The benefit to C&C in using the FF was that no other team could use the FF to vault ahead of the pack. It may not catapult C&C a day ahead of all the others, but it was a solid defensive move. It was a shrewd decision, and the correct choice. They had a big lead, and took away the "Hail Mary pass" that could have allowed a trailing team to catch them. Did Colin & Christie think this out before they made the decision? Heck, no. They made the right choice anyway.

And I agree that the remaining FF will be used by the first team to find it, despite the fact that they are the first to the clue box.

It is unlikely they would gain enough time to get 12 hours or more ahead of the others, and thus will probably find themselves bunched in again. By limiting the game to only two Fast Forwards, the producers have effectively removed them from the game.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-04-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
I think I remember Gidg and Midg holding the FF envelope. They woulda left it in because then some teams coulda gone after it and find out that it had been taken. (I remember this happening somewhere else.) It's just a risk the racers have to make.

Even when you can't see Him, God is there!

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Wasn't there an incident in TAR 3 when multiple teams went after the FF in Marrakech - only to find that it had already been used?

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-04-04, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Yep, Teri/Ian and JohnVito/Jill both went to the carpet store. Teri & Ian won the FF, and John & Jill had to go back.

It also happened in TAR 4 when Reichen & Chip beat Kelly & Jon to the chimp preserve.

In TAR 1, the Guidos and Nancy/Emily both showed up at the temple for the coin counting FF which the Guidos won.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
I'm pretty sure you can see the green FFWD folder when the directionless ones, err, Kami and Karli get their clue. I was half expecting they might go for it, but they ignored it (perhaps actually correctly guessing that it would be long since taken).

I for one still think taking the FFWD was not a bad move. Since there are only 2 in the race, you might as well use it when you know you can. No telling if they'll be in a position to get the next one. Not using Yield's on the other hand, makes sense so far.

While the bad departure time mentioned above is probably the reason bunching occurs next episode (As shown by the cab fight redux), another possibility is that Colin/Christe are the victims of a Yield. They are supposed to be in every leg of the race...

MEmacmur

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
>While the bad departure time mentioned
>above is probably the reason
>bunching occurs next episode (As
>shown by the cab fight
>redux), another possibility is that
>Colin/Christe are the victims of
>a Yield. They are
>supposed to be in every
>leg of the race...
>

If Colin and Christie are in 1st place they can't be the victim of a Yield. Don't the teams have to use the Yield on a team that is behind them?

08-04-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Presumably you can only "yield" someone who comes after you.

indian girl 142 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail indian%20girl Click to send private message to indian%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
I still don't get why one single yield hasn't been used yet, especially since there have been so many teams that are at the bottom of the pack each episode. I think the yield will become much more visible in episodes to come.

08-04-04, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Luxor Pit Stop Location spoiler"

UPDATE: After reviewing the video tape from last night's show, I found the Luxor Pit Stop location from the closing credits.

minky 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-05-04, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minky Click to send private message to minky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Luxor Pit Stop Location spoiler"
Wow, that looks like a great place. I'll go there any time.

But isn't that the next pitstop? Where are they staying in Cairo? Certainly not at the Sphinx.

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Online Preview Commentary"
1. Brandon & Nicole walking at night. This is the only night shot we have this week. Remember, they probably leave just before the sun rises.
2. Charla jumping onto a felucca, a traditional Arab boat.
3. Obelisks & statues along a road.
4. Colin and Mirna fight for the taxi. Behind is a squarish building.
5. Charla & Mirna in a confessional. Daytime, behind is bushland. They're sitting in rattan chairs. Not looking terribly disappointed.
6. Past clips of Colin.
7. The temple in the Opening Sequence, from a different angle.
8. Charla & Mirna running to a pyramid.
9. Charla goes up steps of pyramids. Is this a Roadblock? Is Mirna going to do ANYTHING?
10. People entering shaft of presumably pyramid. Sounds like Colin/Christie or Brandon/Nicole.
11. Charla running through the shafts. It is slightly lower than her height.
12. Bowling Mums outside a temple complex begging.
13. Good thinking, they're begging from the rich tourists.
14. Past clips of Chip & Kim.
15. Chip & Kim in a trishaw.
16. More past clips of Chip & Kim.
17. Chip & Kim board boat. Chip mentions the Nile. Oh well, what other river is there in Egypt?
18. Taxi chase with at least 3 taxis. Chip & Kim are behind, but really close behind.

08-05-04, 08:18 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Online Preview Commentary"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-04 AT 08:24 AM (EST)

It doesn't make sense that they would travel all the way from Cairo to Luxor for a pit stop. There's a brand new Movenpick hotel near the pyramids, or they could be staying at the Mena House. Both are amazing.

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Online Preview Commentary"
I think he was saying that the next pitstop is at this movenpick. They certainly would stay very near the Sphinx for this one.

08-05-04, 09:44 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Online Preview Commentary"
umm...let's remember that the name of this topic is "Clues in TAR5 EPISODE 6". We already know from others that the pit stop will be in Luxor. BTW, if you remember from season 4, that CBS would occasionally show upcoming locations in that weeks credits. Thus the Luxor hotel credit (spoiler) in Episode 5 (Cairo episode). Thanks Ontario Tar Fan for trying to clear things up with Urban_Kitty.

08-05-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Online Preview Commentary"
Consider me cleared up!

08-05-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minky Click to send private message to minky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "#8 "
Looks alot like the front of an airport. (See the second floor and what looks like an airport tower behind it) However, not too many other cars or taxis seen. I wonder if that is the Luxor airport and they are fighting over cabs from the airport? Maybe it's really early in the am. Certainly the Cairo airport would be full of cabs.

08-05-04, 03:03 PM (EST)
28. "#6"
Looks like Brandon and Charla to me. Bad news for Gidget and the Midget. Their 50 minute lead looks like it just disappeared.

procrastin8tor 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-04, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail procrastin8tor Click to send private message to procrastin8tor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
I just saw the teaser again, but I don't have it on tape. Could somebody with more technical skill than I have check out the big cab fight redux scene with Colin the psycho and Mirna? She has got something in her hand that looks like it *might* be a fast forward? Could this be another FF so soon? Another possibly explanation why C and C lost their mega lead? ***pr0cRaStiN8tor**

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"
Teasers suggests this takes place outside of the Luxor Airport. Could be an aeroplane bunching.

08-07-04, 01:13 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Clues in TAR5 Episode 6 preview vidcaps"

..."She has got something in her hand that looks like it *might* be a fast forward? "...

Went back to the video tape and it clearly shows Mirna with the Blue "Route Info" (clue) card. Looks like Gidget/Midget caught up with the leaders thanks to airport bunching.

For those playing at home the color schemes are:

Blue - Route Info card (standard clue)
Red - Roadblock card
Yellow (?) - Detour card
Green - Fast Forward card

08-07-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
32. "RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7"

New TAR5 Ep.6 promo vidcaps shown on CBS 8/7

#1 - "hey boss, da Nile...da Nile!"#2 - Chip & Kim on "da Nile"
#3 - Detour? haul animals on "da Nile"#4 - Wacky taxi chase in Egypt!

Wertle 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-07-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wertle Click to send private message to Wertle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7"
Ooo...hauling animals is not going to be Charla and Mirna's specialty.

08-07-04, 08:38 PM (EST)
34. "RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7"
These are pretty uninteresting photos.
#1. The Nile river, duh? No monuments or temples visible, must be the west Bank.
#2. Chip and Kim are pretty happy about something and signaling someone.
#3. Obvious goat herding onto same boat? Chip looks like he has a big rabbit, not a goat in his hands. Not really very helpful as there are not other contestants around.
#4. OK another taxi race. These are less interesting than the airport bunchings. So one taxi passes another, have we ever seen this before? The white taxi with the blue panel off to the left looks like it has God's Goldilocks in it. Look to me like there are 4 taxis total. This is pretty typical road along the Nile, could be going to or coming from goat herding cruise.

08-07-04, 08:44 PM (EST)
35. "RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7"
#4- My guess would be taxi race is from Luxor airport to the banks of the Nile for the goat roundup- felluca trip. After the boat ride, I think they would not be so bunched up.

Wertle 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-08-04, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wertle Click to send private message to Wertle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7"
OK another taxi race. These are less interesting than the airport bunchings. So one taxi passes another, have we ever seen this before? The white taxi with the blue panel off to the left looks like it has God's Goldilocks in it. Look to me like there are 4 taxis total. This is pretty typical road along the Nile, could be going to or coming from goat herding cruise.

Probably just Charla/Mirna, Chip/Kim, Brandon/Nicole, and Marshall/Lance heading out from their first route info clue at the beginning of the leg heading to somewhere.

08-08-04, 02:15 AM (EST)
37. "RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7"
New CBS promo is showing Chip and Kim in the taxi cringing about weaving in and around. I get the impression they are in the last taxi, the one in the foreground. The promo also has the glowing Chip babbling on about being on the Nile. Very, very positive editing for them. Also, in replay Saturday's episode, the BM's are very favorably edited, while the Brothers are sore (ha) losers.

08-08-04, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7"
From the various short promos telecast by CBS over the weekend we can get some ideas about what we will be seeing (or not seeing) on Tuesday.

First from the end credits of last Tuesday's show we learn that the pit stop probably was at the Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel which is a resort hotel set in its own landscaped gardens and provide "unrivalled" views of the pyramids. And it has a "spectacular" swimming pool.

We also learn from the credits that the next pit stop in Luxor is at the Jolie Ville Movenpick Luxor Resort on Crocodile Island, a private island in the middle of the Nile River.

Ep6 starts off again at the Giza Pyramids which probably don't open until at least after sunrise at 6:30AM. So if C/C arrived way before the second team of C/M arrived around 6:30PM they would have to wait at the Pyramid and C/M would not be far behind them. We can only surmise that they have to find some kind of clue in the tunnels (we see C/M and B/N walking through the tunnels (it must be later in the morning now since it is getting hot out and B takes his shirt off - at night it gets pretty cool in the desert in winter.) And it looks like Brandon and Nicole were not that far behind C/M

So lets assume that they find some kind of message or route information (blue envelope in Mirna's hand in the taxi scene).
So now the delemma is how do they get to Luxor. Thats about 405 miles upriver from Cairo. If they spend the morning searching around the pyramids and then to to the airport for a flight to Luxor they have missed the three early flights on Egyptair: 4:45AM, 5:35Am and 6:15AM. The only other direct flight is at 7:45PM arriving in Luxor at 8:45PM well after sunset at 5:38PM. And we see the two teams of C/M and C/C arriving in daylight. So do they hang around the airport until the next morning for the early morning flight? But they would have to wait until the 5:35AM flight which arrives after sunrisea at 6:40AM

But if this is the Luxor Airport there aren't many people around, only one taxi seems to be there, and somehow there are too many buildings around this very small airport in the middle of the desert. So I'm starting to believe that this is not an airport.

So maybe they don't wait for an airplane, and maybe they have been instructed to take a train to Luxor. The trains run very often and are cheep. About $9.00 for the express train or about $50 for the sleeper trains. They leave regularly in the evening. And if they took one leaving around 8, 8:45, and 9 PM they would arrive in Luxor at sunrise. So this may be the main railway station, not the airport, where M/C and C/C fight over the cab (note many porters in the background with luggage carts which are typical around railway stations)The taxi fight is in the daylight)And perhaps this is the last cab, the other teams having taken the first cabs, so it maybe that everyone ended up on the same overnight train from Cairo to Luxor.

The first task may be to find some clue at the Karnak Temple. Note the Obelisk of Queen Hatshepsot at the entrance. The temple is open to visitors from 6AM to 5:30PM. The clue may be in the Hypostyle Hall with its 134 massive columns (which we have seen) or it could be the Colonade of Amenhotep III.

One task in the Detour is the job of loading a number of goats onto a river boat and then sail with them somewhere? Crocodile Island?? It must be a detour since there are scenes of both Chip and Kim and Charla and Mirna working at this job.

Then there is the taxi race. The cab with Chip and Kim must have had a wild man as a driver; note that his cab crosses the solid white line to pass another taxi and almost colides with a truck coming in the other lane. Is this a cab from the railway station to the Karnak Temple about 3 miles from the center of Luxor.

So far all of the editing as been centered around Chip and Kim mostly. Only one sequence with Brandon, two sequences with Charla and Mirna. And the taxi fight with Colin and Christi. And so far nothing about the twins, the bowling moms (except their begging scenes) or the pizza delivery boys.

Anyone want to speculate on what all this means?

I have one more observation which is puzzling. In most of the tasks last week we see the teams at least arriving at various spots with their backpacks, and they all have them when they arrive at the pitstop. EXCEPT Charla and Mirna. From the moment that they arrive on the Giza Plateau they no longer have their backpacks with them. And when they arrive at the pitstop they do not have their backpacks. Are they then allowed to go back to wherever they left them in the desert and retrieve them? Or does their kindly cameraman/producer carry the packs for them? Just curious, that's all.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-09-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: New TAR5 Ep. 6 promo on CBS 8/7"
The overnight train option never crossed my mind, Gingerman. Given that the only remaining thing to do in Cairo is find the clue to go to Luxor, this would leave plenty of time for the Bowling Mons to make some money and bunch up at the station. This would explain Mirna/Charla catching Colin/Christy at the cab. What troubles me is why the Pizza Boyz and the Twins are not shown in any of the previews. Also Moms are not shown in any Luxor promos. These teams may be the bottom feeders of Episode 6. Also no indication what the other Detour option is yet.

08-08-04, 11:13 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from CBS promos 8/8"

More TAR5 Ep. 6 vidcaps from promos on CBS 8/8

#1 - Temple Complex of Karnak?#2 - ...ditto...(in Thebes)
#3 - Sheep/goat wrangler Charla!#4 - Not a happy crew...why?
#5 - carriage to pitstop? (yet again)#6 - Scary Taxi Ride...oh my!

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-09-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from CBS promos 8/8"
I wonder if #4 of the unhappy Mirna/Charla could be discussing a penalty that they took during this leg? They could have incorrectly finished a task which allowed them to catch up to Colin/Christie and have the taxi battle?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

indian girl 142 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail indian%20girl Click to send private message to indian%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from CBS promos 8/8"
#3 is definately the road block as Charla is the one doing it again...

08-09-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from CBS promos 8/8"
This is not the roadblock. In another frame you can see Mirna in the background carrying a goat. Also in still another frame you can see Kim helping Chip load his goats into the boat.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Yet more TAR5 Ep.6 vidcaps from CBS promos 8/8"
As per one of the many excellent observations made in the gingerman's post, Charla and Mirna were shown without their backpacks.

Not sure if there would be a penalty for dropping them (and then going back to get them later), or if they actually managed to lose them. Either case would probably lead to a griping session.
FWIW - it looks like Charla is wearing the same black t-shirt during this session as when she was wrangling animals onto the boat. I don't know about the rest of you, but unless they are the world's cleanest goats, I wouldn't be keeping that on any longer than I had to...

Of course, they will also probably be in a pissy mood regardless of the outcome when we get the much-hyped Cab Fight II, DAWs in the City.

MEmacmur

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •