The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expectations""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-10, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expectations""
The title was brought to Sucks by Volcanic Glass:

Expectations.

Seems like a title from the old days.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expect... SquidProQuo 04-01-10 1
   RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expect... michel 04-01-10 2
       RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expect... emydi 04-01-10 5
           RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expect... SquidProQuo 04-03-10 12
 RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expect... samboohoo 04-01-10 3
   RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expect... SquidProQuo 04-01-10 4
 Here are this week's clubs SquidProQuo 04-02-10 6
   RE: Here are this week's clues sylvester 04-02-10 7
       RE: Here are this week's clues SquidProQuo 04-02-10 8
           RE: Here are this week's clues Karchita 04-03-10 9
               RE: Here are this week's clues PepeLePew13 04-03-10 10
                   RE: Here are this week's clues SquidProQuo 04-03-10 11
                       RE: Here are this week's clues PepeLePew13 04-03-10 13
                       RE: Here are this week's clues Belle Book 04-03-10 14
                           RE: Here are this week's clues SquidProQuo 04-03-10 16
                               RE: Here are this week's clues Belle Book 04-03-10 18
 The New Promo Gives it Away michel 04-03-10 15
   RE: The New Promo Gives it Away SquidProQuo 04-03-10 17
       RE: The New Promo Gives it Away Krautboy 04-06-10 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-01-10, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expectations""
Thanks for bringing this over, Michel. Would this be around the time that people are expecting a merge? That might tie in with the title, esp. if everyone's expecting a merge/merge feast and it doesn't happen.

04-01-10, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expectations""
It has to be it but Jeff, Russell or something would have to tip them off. They didn't see Samoa so they've never seen a merge earlier than 10.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-10, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expectations""
fwiw they saw Cook Islands with no merge but jurors selected
one of these people will remember that not Colby tho I don't think he watched it other than S2 and S8

04-03-10, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expectations""
We see Coach saying "pray for a merge" in the promo, so it's likely that the merge is at least part of the "expectations" alluded to in the title.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-10, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expectations""
It could also be the fallout so to speak from Episode 7.

Who really expected the Heroes to win?
Who really expected the Robfather to be voted out?
The Heroes survive Episode 7? Does Super Colby finally come out?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

04-01-10, 10:24 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor 20 Episode #8: "Expectations""
Good point. And certainly Jerri and perhaps even Coach might have some expectations about their place on the Villains tribe in the aftermath of Rob's boot, since they helped Russell...meanwhile, Courtney and Sandra are going to have to revise their expectations and scramble.

The fact that it's a one-word title makes it seem like it's not any individual person's comment, so perhaps this week it's a general catch-all? i.e., it could have different layers of meaning and apply to both tribes/multiple players.

04-02-10, 02:09 PM (EST)
6. "Here are this week's clubs"
From CBS Press Express:

A NEW POWER PLAYER EMERGES AS A PLAN IS PUT INTO MOTION THAT COULD CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF THE ENTIRE GAME, ON "SURVIVOR: HEROES VS. VILLAINS," THURSDAY, APRIL 8

"Expectations" - Struggling to keep their tribe intact, the "Heroes" vow to work together as long as it takes to ensure that they outlast the "Villains." Meanwhile, the "Villains" begin to turn on one another after one tribe member makes a costly mistake at the Reward Challenge, on SURVIVOR: HEROES VS. VILLAINS, Thursday, April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-10, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Here are this week's clues "
"the "Villains" begin to turn on one another after one tribe member makes a costly mistake at the Reward Challenge"

I know that Blackwhale over at Sucks has already said the Heroes win this RC, but man, cbs is even pretty much giving it away here.

04-02-10, 11:59 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Here are this week's clues "
A NEW POWER PLAYER EMERGES AS A PLAN IS PUT INTO MOTION THAT COULD CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF THE ENTIRE GAME

The "new"/emerging part pretty much rules out Russell (or even JT) on this clue.

If it's a Villain, which I'm thinking it must be given that they go to TC, I'd say it's got to be Parv (or maybe Danielle). Now that Parv feels she's no longer in danger of being on the chopping block, it would make sense for her to emerge out from Russell's shadow. (She said she doesn't ride coattails.) Could she be the one to take the lead in going after Coach, as payback for him trying to vote her out? There was also a spoiler rumor that she finds the HII but doesn't tell Russell. Maybe there are some Girl Power rumblings this episode?

If it's a Hero, I'd say Candice (or maybe Amanda). There's an Insider Clip where the two of them talk about how JT is making alliances with everyone and isn't trustworthy and how they could work together to change up the game.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-03-10, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Here are this week's clues "
What about Sandra? Without Rob, she may decide she needs to do something more than just vote for anyone but me. She could be po-ed at Coach for stabbing Rob in the back and screwing up her plans as well.

If she makes some sort of unholy alliance with Russell, that would change the direction of the whole game for the Villians at least.

It's hard to see that anyone could do anything to affect the whole game pre-merge, but that may just be hyperbole.

Bouquet by c2p

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-10, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Here are this week's clues "
I agree. I see Sandra having to make more of a move to push things in a certain direction if she has a hope of making it to the end.

In Pearl Islands, she had Big Lill and Jonny Fairplay as her competition, so she could just sit back and let them implode on the way to an easy win. Here, she knows that the others have voted to give Parvati the win before, so there's no reason why they wouldn't give it to her again if she made moves to get to the end a second time. She doesn't know if Russell won in his season so she can't sit back and depend on him imploding. Jerri hasn't pissed anyone off so far this season. JT, Colby and Candice are all likeable enough to make any of the villains want to vote for them over someone who is just sitting back.

So, the point of all this, this year's winner needs to step up and show why they are worthy of winning it all, instead of sitting back like some past winners could afford to do so. In other words, I believe that the "new power player" alluded to in the promos needs to be someone who hasn't been shown as taking a big role in the game so far. We've seen moves from the likes of Parvati, Russell and JT so far, so that leaves Sandra, Candice, Jerri and Colby as the potential new power players.

04-03-10, 09:29 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Here are this week's clues "
I'd love for it to be Sandra but from everything on her Facebook page, etc., I just can't see her allying with Russell. But I could see her planting seeds of doubt in his head and trying to manipulate him. Maybe she's the one who turns the talk to Coach as boot this week? That could be a power play move.

Also, maybe this is the week where we'll finally see Sandra and Parv talk about some sort of an alliance? That would change the course of the game. Others have mentioned before that the two of them have common ground being prior winners but we haven't really seen them discussing it.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-10, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Here are this week's clues "
Oh, I think she sees him as "Russhole" no question, but again, she's the type of person who will do anything to keep her in the game, even if it means making a deal with the devil.

She survived Fairplay and tolerated working with him at times, if you recall.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-03-10, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Here are this week's clues "
I think Sandra would ally with RussHell if she thought it might save her skin -- or at least work with him. I also heard that there was a "winner's alliance" and that RussHell thought he'd won at the time -- and we all know Parvati and Sandra won. So I think Sandra joins a "winner's alliance" this week -- but I think she talks about the "winner's alliance" with Parvati and RussHell joins it thanks to his own alliance with Parvati.

I also think Sandra maneuvers things so that Coach gets the boot this week. After all, she's a past master of the "Anybody but me" strategy and if the merge doesn't come around, she's got to get some people between her and the vote. This may well be how she wins it all.

04-03-10, 05:11 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Here are this week's clues "
Karchita and Pepe, looks like you are right about Sandra being the new power player! (I am happy about that - go Sandra! The new 20 sec promo is up, and it appears that Sandra is taking up Rob's torch in making Russell's life miserable. (Doesn't appear, though, that they ally -- looks like they're being set up as worthy opponents.)

Here's the transcript (thanks to Survivor Phoenix):

VO: Super-Villain Russell's tribe is running scared.
Russell: "If you ain't with me, you are against me."
VO: But has he met his match?
Sandra: "He don't know what he got himself into."

And here's the link to the clip:
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-03-10, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Here are this week's clues "
If RussHell winds up allying with Sandra, it won't be this week. Most likely, if they wind up as allies it's through Parvati as a go-between.

04-03-10, 04:51 PM (EST)
15. "The New Promo Gives it Away"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-10 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

It's comes from a silly Jeff quote.
In the new promo, we see the players sitting on a bench before a challenge. Probst says the magic words: "Drop your..." players start celebrating during a pause but Jeff goes on "...expectations."

04-03-10, 05:14 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The New Promo Gives it Away"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-10 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

Here's the part of the transcript about the "Expectations." (The entire clip is a few posts above).

Kinda mean/lame of Jiffy...they were all cheering and happy because they thought it was the merge, and then he pulls the rug out from under them!

VO: ... but Jeff shocks everyone.
Probst: "Everyone, drop your..."
Various players: (cheering)
Probst: "... expectations."
Various players: (moaning and groaning)
VO: New Survivor, CBS Thursday.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-06-10, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The New Promo Gives it Away"
You nailed it right out of the gate, back at post #1...Good call!

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •