The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-10, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Coach: I led the tribe in some DragonSlayer Chi, everybody went except for Russell.

Jeff: Russell hunts for the Immunity Idol while Rob hunts Russell.

Rob : If you go out there looking for it, you're a marked man.

Jeff: Candice makes a game changing move.

Candice : I want to work with Tom and Colby.

Jeff : And as the competition gets more fierce, another castaway goes down.

Jeff : Hold up, let the docs take a look.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 First thoughts.. PhillyBrat 03-05-10 1
   RE: First thoughts.. vince3 03-05-10 2
       RE: First thoughts.. BrassFan 03-05-10 3
           RE: First thoughts.. vince3 03-05-10 8
       RE: First thoughts.. PhillyBrat 03-05-10 12
   RE: First thoughts.. Rayne 03-05-10 4
   New 20 sec promo sets up the Russel... SquidProQuo 03-08-10 30
 RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... samboohoo 03-05-10 5
   RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... jbug 03-05-10 6
       RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... SquidProQuo 03-05-10 7
           RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... vince3 03-05-10 9
               RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... SquidProQuo 03-05-10 10
           RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... Brownroach 03-05-10 11
               RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... SquidProQuo 03-05-10 13
                   RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... emydi 03-05-10 14
       RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... BrassFan 03-09-10 41
 RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... sol 03-05-10 15
   RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... SquidProQuo 03-05-10 16
   RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... SquidProQuo 03-05-10 17
       RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... SquidProQuo 03-05-10 18
   RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... Outfrontgirl 03-06-10 19
       RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... sylvester 03-06-10 20
           RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... jbug 03-09-10 39
               RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Tab... suzzee 03-11-10 53
 New Promo, Big News michel 03-07-10 21
   RE: New Promo, Big News SquidProQuo 03-07-10 22
       RE: New Promo, Big News michel 03-07-10 23
           RE: New Promo, Big News Flowerpower 03-07-10 24
               RE: New Promo, Big News jbug 03-09-10 40
           RE: New Promo, Big News Outfrontgirl 03-08-10 25
           RE: New Promo, Big News byoffer 03-08-10 32
 Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-08-10 26
   RE: Promo Vidcaps michel 03-08-10 27
       RE: Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 03-08-10 28
   RE: Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 03-08-10 29
       New 20 sec promo sets up the Russel... SquidProQuo 03-08-10 31
           RE: New 20 sec promo sets up the Ru... byoffer 03-08-10 33
               RE: New 20 sec promo sets up the Ru... sylvester 03-08-10 34
   RE: Promo Vidcaps sylvester 03-08-10 35
       RE: Promo Vidcaps byoffer 03-08-10 36
           RE: Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 03-08-10 37
       Look closer sylvester 03-09-10 42
           RE: Look closer DimplesProbst 03-10-10 49
               RE: Look closer SquidProQuo 03-10-10 50
                   RE: Look closer DimplesProbst 03-11-10 54
               Thanks! Flowerpower 03-11-10 55
               RE: Look closer sylvester 03-11-10 58
 New Web Promo SquidProQuo 03-08-10 38
 Another question... sylvester 03-09-10 43
   RE: Another question... SquidProQuo 03-10-10 44
   RE: Another question... Flowerpower 03-10-10 45
       RE: Another question... SquidProQuo 03-10-10 46
       RE: Another question... sylvester 03-10-10 47
           RE: Another question... sylvester 03-10-10 48
           RE: Another question... Flowerpower 03-11-10 52
               RE: Another question... sylvester 03-11-10 56
 Press photos for this week are up SquidProQuo 03-10-10 51
   RE: Press photos for this week are ... sylvester 03-11-10 57
       RE: Press photos for this week are ... Outfrontgirl 03-11-10 59
           RE: Press photos for this week are ... sylvester 03-11-10 60
               RE: Press photos for this week are ... Flowerpower 03-11-10 61
                   RE: Press photos for this week are ... SquidProQuo 03-12-10 62

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-10, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "First thoughts.."

Is that the Immunity Idol next to Colby?

This picture:

Rob is in the backround looking like he is shouting to Jeff about something.. (A call or something?)

I also see Colby, Sandra, Courtney and Parv on the sidelines.. I am unaware if they are out out of the challange or they are just waiting for their turn to brawl.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-10, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: First thoughts.."

Next to Colby is a sitting James.

Interesting fact: If this is for Reward, this will be the third challenge in a row this season that has had ended up getting a Survivor medivac'd out of the original season of that challenge.......

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-05-10, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: First thoughts.."
>Interesting fact: If this is
>for Reward, this will be
>the third challenge in a
>row this season that has
>had ended up getting a
>Survivor medivac'd out of the
>original season of that challenge.......

What do you mean? Did someone get medivaced from that challenge last year? I remember someone getting DQ'ed from the challenge, but I don't remember anyone getting evacuated from it...

03-05-10, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: First thoughts.."
Slip-n-Slide from Fiji: A big slip on the slide caused injuries that caused the eldest HelloMoto to get medivac'd the next episode.

Atlasphere/Super-sized roller maze with blindfolds: RussSwell goes down and doesn't get back up on the 2nd attempt. Challenge stopped and RussSwell is medivac'd out.

Pit Fighting: After the DQ, and after the match was over. Medical took a look at Mike Berasi and determined that since his vitals were not returning to normal, he had to be medivac'd out of the game. As noted above, this is the first of the two Samoan medivacs.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-10, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: First thoughts.."
Oh yea James... Forgot about him..

I dont see any items or objects that could be used for reward. However Doesn't mean its not reward.

Rayne 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-05-10, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rayne Click to send private message to Rayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: First thoughts.."
My guess is this is Coach that medical is looking at and he was taken down by JT.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-08-10, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "New 20 sec promo sets up the Russell vs. Rob showdown"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-10 AT 11:25 AM (EST)

Oops, stuck this in the wrong place. I'm deleting it here and posting it below so things are in chronological order.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-10, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
Looks like Tom is defending(?) the Heroes' goal. Looks like James sitting next to Colby - not the idol, so this is possibly the Reward challenge.

I think it's Coach who is taken down - possibly slammed by JT?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-10, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
Well we all know what a wimp Coach is, so....

If you ever watch amateur sports (like what coach coaches - sorry ladies), you often see a player who milks every fall for everything it's worth. Then everyone cheers when he or she gets back up & back into the game.
That's coach.

03-05-10, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
Yes, it looks to me like Coach is the one with the tatoos on his arms getting thrown down.

I'm surprised the Heroes would be sitting out James and Colby on this one, unless there's a rule you have to have a certain amount of females out there. I can't recall how exactly this challenge worked -- maybe it's played in rounds?

Also, wasn't there a rumor that James gets hurt in a challenge?

I think it's too funny that the Villains tribe is doing Tai Chi on the beach while Russell is looking for the idol.

03-05-10, 11:18 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
I think the challenge had 3 in the pits and a couple on the balcony above their side, with a couple more on the sidelines waiting for their turn. Last time this challenge was played, only one Survivor had been voted out.........

03-05-10, 12:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
Your memory is good, Vince! I just googled and found last season's Schmergen Brawl challenge on youtube. There are 3 for each team in the "pit" battling for the ball, and then 3 for each team on the platform shooting baskets. (Last season both tribes started with 3 men in the pit and 3 women shooting.) There are rounds, so they rotate in/out. The team that starts in the pit then moves up on the platform. So Colby and James must be waiting their turn.

I forgot about Ben getting kicked out last time! Wonder if James will lose his cool and be a bully or will he keep it in check? Also, last time it was a combined RC/IC. (Although this past episode they had separate challenges, so wonder if they'll continue with that?)

Here's the link if you want to check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw8a6OEPXmk

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-10, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
There was something somewhere (missyae?) about James getting hurt again and possibly having to leave because of it again as well.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

03-05-10, 01:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
Yes, I remember that too, Brownroach. I think it was SurvivorUnited who said that James doesn't get voted out but is injured. So I'm wondering if this is where he gets hurt? I hate to go wade over to Sucks to try to find the original info, but maybe I'll do it this weekend.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-10, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"

TDT has Tyson and James leaving the same day

this is usually the time for a double boot ep though but I remember all the James gets hurt again spoilers too

http://truedorktimes.com/s20/calendar.htm

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-09-10, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
>If you ever watch international soccer
>(like what coach coaches -
>sorry ladies), you often see
>a player who milks every
>fall for everything it's worth.

Fixed

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-05-10, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
In this shot we notice Colby with his shirt on, I believe he is sitting out the challenge, as are Russell, Sandra and Courtney. We also note Candice on the platform. And we see James sitting beside Colby. Is James evicted from the challenge because of overaggressive play? I suspect so.

In this shot JT is holding a 'ball' while BRob is directing him toward Tyson on the platform, who will try and get the ball. Also on the platform with Tyson are Parv and Danielle.

In this shot Jerri and Amanda await a rebound (or a pass), while JT picks up Coach. It also appears that a kneeling Danielle may have a ball in her hand.

And JT throws down Coach, stopping play. Also note Tom is throwing a ball in the background. Meanwhile BRob seems to be encouraging Danielle to throw the ball.

In this shot Tom has thrown the ball, but is it toward a basket, or a pass to Amanda?

It's time for me to find a video on how this game was played last season - shooting from the platform, or passing. How are points made? And what score will be required. (I chuckled when JP said "first team to 4 wins reward in Ep. 4, but when he said 4 he wasn't in the shot - which explained why everyone was oiled up, but we didn't see everyone play.)

03-05-10, 04:38 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
Sol, see post 10 above -- I have a link to last year's challenge being played so we can see how it works.

03-05-10, 04:45 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
P.S. Sol, I agree, wouldn't be surprised at all if James is this year's Ben and acts up in this challenge. Even if he doesn't get evicted, he might get overly aggressive.

Also, Jeff says in an ET online interview today (see Jeff blog thread for the link) that James might go down as the most disliked player by the end of this season, which led me to believe there might be more James bullying on the horizon.

If James does get evicted, that would help explain why the Heroes would lose...otherwise, they should be able to win this challenge hands down. (Only other logical reason they'd lose is if Candice and Amanda are terrible shooters and Jerri, etc. do unexpectedly well.)

03-05-10, 04:54 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-10 AT 08:31 PM (EST)

I just did some googling and here's a Missyae post that came up about James getting injured. If this is indeed true, then it would make sense for James to get hurt this episode or possibly the next.

missyae wrote:
I doublechecked on a little bit of 20 stuff. What happens with James is an injured knee. He manages to even compete a couple of challenges with it before his tribe votes him out in a sympathy vote. His knee is still injured to this day and might bother him the rest of his life.

I'll tried to wade through Sucks this weekend to see if there's more (or updated) info on this.

ETA: Here's another Missyae post I found about James getting injured:

missyae:
09/30/09 3:25 PM
The way the injury to James was relayed to me was that when big - strong guys fall - they fall hard.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-10, 05:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
TDT has links to video of the former season challenges. If you go to Future Challenges they are all linked. He's also linked all the Sucks spoilage pretty well, if you don't want to wade through it.

No one is commenting on the BlurOmatic failure to cover up the wardrobe misfunction?

Or am I imagining it ..

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-06-10, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
OFG, lol!!!!

I think though that you ARE imagining it, that is her rib cage. Pervati (misspelling intentional) evidently has her charms, but boobs aren't a part of that, girl is flat as a pancake. ;)

03-09-10, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
LOL indeed!
If that's her rib cage, that area certainly has had no sun!
doesn't quite look like oobies, but then...

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-10, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Ep 5, "Knights of the Round Table", VIDCAPS"
I'd say if she's stretching that the skin is tight against the ribs and looks lighter and it's just the light reflecting. Anyhoo she's got a few more years to go before her oobies are that low unless gravity is way different on Samoa.

Bad girls have all the fun

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-10, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "New Promo, Big News"
I just saw this promo during the NCAA basketball game:

James is the one that gets injured and requires medical attention. It looks like an lower-body injury; his leg stretched out on the ground.

03-07-10, 02:05 PM (EST)
22. "RE: New Promo, Big News"
Thanks Michel -- I was just wondering when we were going to get the web promo or new vidcaps. So the new promo confirms the old Missyae spoilers I posted above. And if the Heroes are playing a man down, that would explain why they lose this challenge (which would seem to favor them).

The interesting part from a boot perspective is, if James is hurt, why would JT or others want to boot a strong guy like Tom vs. Candice? Granted, maybe they're still thinking James will get better in this episode.

Funny that they sat out Colby; so I guess they can't sub him in? Probably Colby's bad shooting performance in the slip n slide was the reason behind that decision.

I'm assuming this must be the IC or a combined RC/IC -- if it were reward only, I'd think that Sandra, etc. would play as they'd rather their weak ones sit out for IC.

03-07-10, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: New Promo, Big News"
If everything is spoiled I guess I shouldn't used the "Big News" title!

They extended the promo and we now hear someone say: "I heard it break" or something like that. We also see JT saying: "I don't think he's coming back" and Amanda crying: "what am I gonna do without him?"

Why would they use that horrible challenge again? I can't understand why they let it go that far.

03-07-10, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: New Promo, Big News"
Why would they use that horrible challenge again? I can't understand why they let it go that far.

Couldn't agree more, michel. I don't enjoy these knock down drag out wrestling type challenges at all. If I did, I would watch wrestling a la Johnny Fairplay style on tv...yuck. I don't know why they insist on these types of challenges. I like the challenges that are mentally tough, and the race type. But these physical, head to head challenges are for the birds...

03-09-10, 08:53 AM (EST)
40. "RE: New Promo, Big News"
I loved season one where Rudy kept running around the trees with his mini-cam saying "I don't know" "I don't know"
LOL

03-08-10, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: New Promo, Big News"
They shouldn't have brought it back, but at least they won't again. Mark Burnett spoiled that one, saying it's been thrown in the trash can.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-10, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: New Promo, Big News"
Why would they use that horrible challenge again?

My guess is they brought it back for the same reason they are using the same location for S20 as they used for S19 - to save $$. The IC last week sure looked like it was the exact same course as for S19, and I will bet that this brutal challenge is re-using props from last season.

I much prefer the racing type challenges to the physical battle ones. This season has great contestants, but they are using too many lousy challenges, IMO.

03-08-10, 06:51 AM (EST)
26. "Promo Vidcaps"
Thanks to Survivor Fever!

Transcript:

Announcer: James, the strongest Survivor to ever win the game...

Jeff Probst: Whoa! Stop!

Announcer: ...goes down.

Jeff Probst: Medical, come on in.

Male Castaway: Oh, something's broke.

J.T. : I don't think James is coming back.

Amanda: If he doesn't come back what am I doing to do?

Yes, it appears that James is indeed the injury that medical is called in on and he's out of the game. Poor, poor Amanda....snicker.

03-08-10, 08:13 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Promo Vidcaps"
As much as I think this challenge is too much, it appears that James simply falls awkwardly on his left leg after going for a rebound. There doesn't seem to be anyone causing that injury except bad luck because we see James holding his knee before Russell gets to him:

03-08-10, 08:47 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Promo Vidcaps"
That looks like a very similiar way that I got a knee injury....torn ACL, and, medial and lateral menisci. Note how his foot is planted, while the weight of his body in motion goes laterally to the knee. All I can say is, YOOOOUUUUCH! But, he'll be okay,

03-08-10, 10:37 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Promo Vidcaps"
Thanks for bringing these over! Geesh, I hope that Amanda quote is taken out of context...otherwise, I agree, she looks pretty superficial if her main concern isn't Jame's injury but how it impacts her game.

P.S. On the transcript, I think Survivor Fever must have meant James is the strongest player ever to PLAY (not win) the game...unless CBS screwed up.

03-08-10, 11:24 AM (EST)
31. "New 20 sec promo sets up the Russell vs. Rob showdown"
Survivor Phoenix has a new 20 sec promo that has some new info at the very beginning about Russell trying to take down Boston Rob. Here are the vidcaps, clip and transcript:

20 seconds Promo

VO: The most sinister Survivor villain ever is scheming to take out Boston Rob.
Russell: "He thinks he's tough? May the best man win. Let's do this."

VO: James, the strongest Survivor to ever play the game...

Probst: "Wow!" Stop!"
VO: ... goes down!
Probst: "Medical, come on in."
Russell?: "Oh, oh. Something's broke."
JT: "I don't think James's coming back."
Amanda: "If he doesn't come back, what am I going to do?"
VO: New Survivor, Thursday, only CBS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsL4NjJSCZ4

03-08-10, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: New 20 sec promo sets up the Russell vs. Rob showdown"
Those clips show Russell and Rob at TC. I wasn't expecting to see them at Tribal this week. Can anyone determine if those are from the Randy boot episode? Alternately I guess they could be from further into the future.

03-08-10, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: New 20 sec promo sets up the Russell vs. Rob showdown"
Byoffer, those pics are from the Randy boot episode I believe. Rob looks the same, seated behind Parv, and Russhell looks the same, seated behind Courtney.

03-08-10, 02:51 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Promo Vidcaps"
Interesting vidcap here:

It is being discussed on other boards. Look in the upper right corner of the picture. The villains are visible leaving the challenge. (as are a few production folks, whoops! lol) Here is an enlargement of that area only:

It DOES look to me like they are carrying bigger items. I would like to hear what others here think. I think this may be a combined RC/IC, that the villains obviously win.

03-08-10, 03:12 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Promo Vidcaps"
great catch. I agree - combined IC/RC.

03-08-10, 06:35 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Promo Vidcaps"
James must be staying behind for Medical to look at him while the rest go back. I wonder if the Heroes tribe stays with him, or if they go back to camp too.

03-09-10, 01:43 PM (EST)
42. "Look closer"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-10 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

Ok, let's try this again.

This is my original crop/enlargement:

I cropped it down to just the part showing Tyson, Russell, and Jerri and enlarged it again:

I clearly see Tyson carrying a large, red, bulky item, possibly rolled up, over his shoulder. I also clearly see Russell carrying some roundish, red object.

Edited to add: Are they allowed to steal objects from the challenge sets? Like cushioning, etc? Also, Jerri's arms are both bent up like she is carrying something. That is an odd posture if she's not.

DimplesProbst 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-10-10, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DimplesProbst Click to send private message to DimplesProbst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Look closer"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-10 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

Hi all,

I'm a lurker of this site, but I signed up so that I could reply on this pic.

I looked at it on SurvivorPhoenix and to me, it looks like Tyson is carrying the Villains Banner Flag. You can see the pole hanging at his side.

This pic may be better:

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S20E05/S20E05_Background

Russell might be carrying his shirt.

03-10-10, 09:12 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Look closer"
Welcome Dimples! Gotta love that name .

Thanks for the link to the other photo -- I agree, it looks like the flag. Hope you decide to stick around and keep posting!

DimplesProbst 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-11-10, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DimplesProbst Click to send private message to DimplesProbst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Look closer"
Thanks!

03-11-10, 09:23 AM (EST)
55. "Thanks!"
Thanks, Dimples, your direction cleared it all up for us!

And, while I was over there at Survivor Phoenix, I noted this picture that VG has clarified...

To me, that looks like some kind of box behind Jiffy....most likely some kind of reward? I do not see the II anywhere in site....so, this challenge is the RC then?

03-11-10, 01:02 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Look closer"
Welcome Dimples

I agree with you that Tyson may be carrying the Villains flag, but I am beginning to believe that Smerganbrawl (sp?) is an RC after all, and that the Villains do win it. Whether Russell and Jerri are carrying anything, dunno.

03-08-10, 10:43 PM (EST)
38. "New Web Promo"
Mostly repeat from the 20 sec promo, but the "new" tidbit is that Russell must make some sort of alliance with Coach, because he says he has the Dragonslayer on his slide. (We also see him digging for the HII -- gotta think he finds it this episode.)

The Dragonslayer/Russell deal must tie in with this week's Knights of the Round Table clues (i.e. a new hierarchy established) and the spoiler rumor that Coach says he won't write Rob's or Russell's names down. Stupid, stupid coach! Sounds like he's trying to do his noble warrior thing again from Tocatins.

Here's the transcript and the new vidcaps:

(Looks like the rest of the vidcaps are the same)

Transcript, thanks to Survivor Fever:

Announcer: The most sinister Survivor villain ever wants an edge.

Russell : I'm looking for the hidden immunity idol.

Announcer: Seducing tribemates.

Russell : I have the Dragonslayer on my side.

Coach : It's almost impossible to betray that trust.

Announcer: James, the strongest Survivor to ever win the game...

Jeff Probst: Whoa! Stop!

Announcer: ...goes down.

Jeff Probst: Medical, come on in.

Male Castaway: Oh, something's broke.

J.T. : I don't think James is coming back.

Amanda: If he doesn't come back what am I doing to do?

03-09-10, 08:10 PM (EST)
43. "Another question..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-10 AT 01:35 AM (EST)

This vidcap is in one of the newer promos this week (ty Survivor Phoenix):

Where in the world is Coach at in that pic? Manicured lawn, looks like landscaping, etc. behind him. Ponderosa? Group reward?

Edited to add: Tarsonis, if you want to copy my vidcaps or my observations, that's fine, but please credit where you got them, that is simple net etiquette. This is 2 weeks in a row where you have posted my stuff as your own in Mess. Thanks in advance.

03-10-10, 10:35 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Another question..."
Good catch, Sylvester! That spot doesn't look familiar to me (although I must admit I haven't paid as much attention to the setting this season). And you're right, it looks manicured. I'll take a look through some past vidcaps to see if anything similar comes up...or I wonder if Michel would know?

Is that a blurred hand (gesturing) in the lower left corner of the shot? (so Coach is talking to someone) Or is that just some foliage?

P.S. One other thing I noticed: In the confessional shot of Russell on the rocks, his shorts look really reddish. Is that just from the dirt from the challenge?

03-10-10, 11:09 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Another question..."
I saw that too, but I just ASSumed that it was from the pre-game interviews....or else, it could be on some kind of reward. But, I assumed the latter....

03-10-10, 11:21 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Another question..."
I thought about the shot coming from pre-game interviews, but the only thing is that Coach's hair looks greasy/wet, plus there's beard growth...I'll double check.

03-10-10, 12:37 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Another question..."
My first reaction was that it must be pre-game interview, but Coach's beard growth is wrong for that. I added a pic of Coach from Ep. 1 for comparison, to show what I mean:

It doesn't look that far off of his Ep.4 beard growth to me:

03-10-10, 01:15 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Another question..."
I blew up a portion of the vidcap, focusing on the landscaping area behind Coach:

It looks like ornamental grass, or something of that sort. It also looks like a deer or some kind of animal laying in the grass off to Coach's right, in front of the ornamental grass. Could be statuary I guess, but kind of looks real.

So, dunno, but my guess is this is some RC destination, just not sure if it is from this episode or not. It could be Ponderosa if Coach's beard stops growing, lol.

03-11-10, 07:54 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Another question..."
Well, one thing is for certain....this picture of Coach in front of manicured landscape clearly is either from pre-game interviews, OR, he's going on REWARD. The one thing that gives me pause is I distinctly remember him coming into the show with some beard scruff....seems to be the look these days, no?

03-11-10, 12:56 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Another question..."
FP,

I looked at Coach's pre-game interview, and at least in the one I saw he is clean shaven. Hmmmm. Maybe there is more I didn't see, dunno, but I still think this might be a reward location pic.

03-10-10, 09:32 PM (EST)
51. "Press photos for this week are up"

Interesting that JT and Rupert looks mad/cranky...contrast that with Amanda who is all smiles (vs. her tears in the promo). I bet with James hurt and Tom soon to go, Rupert and JT are going to have to do even more around camp and will get cranky.

Looks like the last shot of the Villains tribe could be them coming back from a reward....although where are the rest of them? Maybe some people go fishing? (I forgot, did they just win some new equipment last week)

Sylvester, the shots here of Coach seem to match up with your shot of Coach in terms of hair, beard growth, etc.

03-11-10, 12:59 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Press photos for this week are up"
Hi Squid

Yea, I was looking at those photos yesterday. The last one is interesting, because it looks like BRob is holding a (wine?) bottle, and his shorts are soaking wet. I blew that pic up to try to make out what Parv is holding, but I can't tell. I don't know if they just went fishing, or swimming, or if it could be a post reward trip shot.

03-11-10, 05:08 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Press photos for this week are up"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-10 AT 06:02 PM (EST)

Cat,
you are one talented vidcap analyzer!

The landscaping behind coach - almost looks to me like there are two statues, one on either side. If an animal, it could be a dog. They don't have deer in Samoa nor is it an animal that is found in Polynesian artistic representations. Pigs (boar), goats, dogs are the most common larger animals.

ETA, those blurry shapes look like dogs to me. I seem to remember that South Pacific dogs tend to have short legs from the types that have interbred. Or maybe I made that up and thought I remembered it.

I don't think Coach could have been that scruffy pre-game unless he had a chance to shave the day it started. Which I suppose is possible. They spent at least 2-3 days there during that time they gave the pre-interivews, not sure how long. I just don't know why they'd pull out a pre-game shot of Coach for a promo when there are tons of in game shots they could use.

This challenge was an RC before, so makes sense it would be. IC usually has a mental component or a combination of skills.

03-11-10, 05:55 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Press photos for this week are up"
Thank you OFG, that is a really sweet thing to say. (I'm blushing, lol) I'm wrong at least as often as I'm right, I thought that was the HII last week in that tree with Russell's hand.

Honestly though, vidcaps are my thing and always have been, but whether or not I participate in discussions here is dependent on how busy I am that season. I haven't gotten too involved since maybe Vanuatu, real life has been rough for a few years.

I obviously have an abundance of time on my hands this season though, so I'll be around blowing up irrelevant and/or minute details on a regular basis.

03-11-10, 05:59 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Press photos for this week are up"
CAT ROCKS!

03-12-10, 01:49 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Press photos for this week are up"
Woo-hoo Sylvester! You called it on the Coach shot and the Villains going on reward.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •