The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ep. 5 webcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-29-04, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ep. 5 webcaps"
cbs put up the new preview. If you go to cbs.com, you can watch it by clicking on the video preview in the upper right hand corner.

Here are the caps:

1 2

3 4

5 6

7 8

9 10

Shots 1-5 show Mirna and Charla and their stealthy retreat at the airport. Pic 5 looks to be Charla giggling from inside an airplane, look at the window behind her.

Pic 6 is Nicole (you can tell by her blue sweater) holding a completed puzzle, and 7 shows the twins with a map. Now all of that running around makes sense, they have to find puzzle pieces scattered around the desert. Also, the red herrings say that one team could chose to help another, perhaps by pointing out where some pieces are.

in pic 9 Charla says that she will go down in the hole, because Mirna is scared.

The last two pics are new. It's a strength challenge, where the teams have to pull a block of stone. one person pulls and the other person puts new logs in front to roll on. The blur on the right of pic 11 is Kim doing that.

So the question is, what's what. From the argument Charla and Mirna were having, It seems that the tunneling is the roadblock. Also Mirna is holding a red envelope.

Is the detour puzzle or pull? We have shots of Brandon and Nicole doing both of these activities, so probably not. i can't imagine anyone choosing to do the pully challenge instead of anything else, but hell, two teams chose to block 5 shots instead of drink one shot.. hmm..

Maybe it's because the only teams who are pulling are doing so at night... Like everyone has to do the puzzle, the roadblock is the tunneling, and the detour is a choice between the pulling and something else, and the something else would be difficult to do at night.

i'm looking for clues in the length of their shadows, but don't have anything yet...

MM

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ep. 5 webcaps Neobie 07-30-04 1
 RE: ep. 5 webcaps memacmur 07-30-04 2
   RE: ep. 5 webcaps Gingerman28 07-30-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-30-04, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ep. 5 webcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-04 AT 10:06 AM (EST)

Thanks MattyMax! In Cap 10, you can see Charla/Mirna and the Roadblock with the Yield behind, with all 7 labels intact. This means that none of the teams before them have used it. (Goes both ways, if you tear it off for using it or after being Yielded.)

Edited to say "Do NOT assume they are in first place like some other boards, all 8 labels were there on the Aurora when Linda/Karen and Kami/Karli arrived."

Remember, the title is "Are you good at puzzles?" If it's not the Roadblock, a likely decision to be made is which Detour option to take.

The preview said "But first!" right after the puzzles. This suggests that the Roadblock comes before the Detour this leg! It could also mean that the pulling of stones comes before the Roadblock, which would make the teams behind really, really obvious.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-30-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ep. 5 webcaps"
Interesting.

I just deleted a whole bunch of speculation because I can't make up my mind either.

It looks like the puzzle is either mandatory for all, or they picked one heck of a difficult alternative for the detour. Puzzles tend to take time, and usually the alternative is scary/physically demanding. It could potentially be an activity that leads to the roadblock, if only one person is allowed into the tomb.

Pulling the stone makes more sense as a detour choice. Physically demanding, but fast once you get momentum on your side. Make the alternative racing to the top of a pyramid or translating heiroglyphics to English and that would explain why we see some teams doing that. Chip/Kim and Charla/Mirna were relatively close timewise, so I think it's a safe bet that the puzzle and stone-pulling are not the detour choices.

And I don't see why they couldn't mess around with the order of Detour/Roadblocks. After all, they could call it a 'twist' if they wanted to. And we all know how important twists are in making compelling reality TV these days.

That's what I speculate for now...

MEmacmur

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-30-04, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ep. 5 webcaps"
In the promo telecast on BB last night you can pick up a lot of interesting things not shown otherwise. And you have to freeze frame the last few seconds and advance frame by frame since each scene is only one frame. Here you see the following: Twins reading a map. Charla mounting a horse (daytime) and leading a camel train (nighttime). Chip with a log. Charla and Mirna going over next clue after coming out of the tomb (Charla still has her rig on). Car driving on right (ST. Pete) Bowling moms running up to empty ticket counter (did they miss their flight) Note that they show up running on desert with one falling down with injured knee (so they do make it) So it looks like there are at least four tasks to complete:

Map and Puzzle Solving (Day and Night scenes)

Exploring Tomb Shaft and Watery Tomb (Roadblock?) (Day only scenes)

Moving a large stone by rolling over logs (Night only scenes)

Mounting a horse and leading a camel train across desert.(Day and Night Scenes)

So it maybe that one task is a Fast Forward. Or do we have a task that everyone must do, then a detour with two tasks, and then the Roadblock down the tomb.

And the Yield is there by the Roadblock. Seems like that might be a good time to use it if you wanted to put someone way back.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •