The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-10, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-10 AT 02:59 AM (EST)

Welcome to the week 3 State of the Spoiling. A catch-all post for all the speculation, sourcing and spoiling our fine group of RTVW contributors has compiled for the third week of the show Survivor: Heroes Vs. Villans.
I encourage you to reply, not just with massive amounts of kudos for a job well done but also to add a bit of knowledge not presented or discuss further storylines and plot details.

Ultimately dedicated to the knowledge of the weekly happenings, from rewards and hidden idols to immunities and bootation, this particular SOTS will be done with a tinge of non-traditional flair. But nonetheless, your one-stop for this weeks big decisions.

To set the mood...

Last week on Survivor...

At first I felt discombobulated. Like something was amiss, then my fears were revealed to be true. Something was certainly amiss.
However after the first two hour episode, the clues started making sense.
THIS is a parallel universe.
It's not just Good against Evil, it's good-good against good-evil and evil-evil against evil-good.
It's a world where Coach is bearable and Jerri is likeable.
Where Rob is a hero and James is a villain.
Where Rupert is weak and Colby is ineffective.
Where Russell is NOT top dog and Amanda is NOT runner-up.
Frankly, it's still a bit unsettling.
So many knowns becoming unknown.
Well, that's why I'm here.
To clear the spacial dust and point out exactly where these "parallel universes" meet.
Before getting to the climax, let us first start with the foreplay in a segment called, "From the past comes some insight into the future."
Or as I call it '...Everyone has an opinion...'

Snidget brings us Jiffy's Blog.
In his post-episode 2 entry JP notes a few intriguing tidbits;
1. That Rob is like Rocky.
2. That Rocky has a Bullwinkle in Russell, if Russell could ever get over his ginourmous rack.
3. That Cirie has shown to be quite formidable but is unsure of her ability in sealing an alliance.
4. That Stephenie's Boot was "idiotic"
5. That most survivors these days are TC sheep and are unable to make choices on their own, even if it's not in their best interest.
6. That tribe strength is paramount to winning the game.
7. That James annoys him and if he had a vote, James would probably get it.
8. That some of the best one-liners of the season are in next week’s episode.
9. That he still has a crush on Colby. Big-time.

The insights from VerucaSalt's The Players, The Game, The Editing Thread, and it's contributors, is always an amazingly in-depth foray into the editing and it's ability to lead us gently down a specific storyline and manage to cue us into it's over-arching themes of the season.
The themes this season, much beyond the Heroes vs. Villains is moreso focused on old-guard vs. new-guard. Is the new strategy of self-preservation from start to finish impedeing on the old way of keeping the strength and brains intact? Another theme point being that within the tribes, factors of both good and evil are emerging. But is it because of pre-season productorial errors in tribe division or is it because of the adaptive abilities of players as they naturally react to their surroundings. (or maybe it's just ease of manipulation through strategically placed cymbal crashes and animal imagery.)

Next up is the great Krautboy's 20/20 Hindsight Thread, which has served as a very intrical piece to cracking the EPMB code of editing, for good. Due to it's relative reliance on the knowledge of the full boot list, those who participate will no doubt hone their spoiling edge.

SquidProQuo brings us the news from episode 2 via Survivor Insider
Of note;
1. Amanda, Cirie, JT, James and Rupert are in a confirmed 5 person alliance. The longevity of which everyone involved is nervous about. Specially after hearing that Cirie is rightfully nervous of Amanda.
2. Candice is on the outside because JT has informed his crew that Candice has stated she doesn't trust the Micronesia alliance.
3. Colby, much like JP, is disgusted with the recent change in strategy to boot the challenge threats during tribal phase.
4. Tom blames the last IC loss squarely upon JT's shoulders.
5. Danielle is the strongest of the Villain women and has been stepping up on the leadership angle lately.
6. The villains all agree, the villains suck.
7. Courtney is our "great one-liners" participant for episode 3.
8. Sandra seems to be straddling both sides of the Villains tribe. The busy go getters (Rob, Coach, Jerri, Russell) and the lazy sun-bathers (Courtney, Parvati, Danielle).

Also, Goldenmike brings us the sage summarizing of Stephen Fishbach.
Of whom seems to be solely fixated on Tom.

While RTVW itself has an interview with Stephenie wherein she mes her way through...
* Still bitter about James
* Still bitter about Rupert
* Cirie is a really good liar.
* Had Sugar been non-annoying, Cirie would have been gone.
* JT, Rupert, Amanda and James are tight. Candice and Cirie are tight. Colby and Tom are tight.
Not to mention, EW's Popwatch had a sit down with her too.
Wherein she was asked pretty much the same things and had pretty much the same answers.
1. Neither James nor Rupert deserve fan-favorite.
2. Sugar is sweet.
3. see RTVW interview above

Okay, was that all of 'em?

Great.
Now, as to the third episode.
The one this SOTS is all about.

To start everything off, michel brings us the title..."That Girl is Like a Virus"
and then SquidProQuo provides the tease...
One tough Villain has the whole tribe on edge as everyone sets their sights on a very dangerous alliance."
AND
"One of the most powerful women in the game targets a worthy adversary and gets aggressive in her efforts to oust an immediate threat.

Hmmm... lot's of schools of thought.
Most notably, Parvati, Jerri, Cirie.
Russell, Rob, James and Coach.
Either way, the majority coming from the Villain tribe. And a particular focus on the Micronesia crew. But who is the real Viral-Girl?

Now, while we've become accustomed to the hype, what we're also noting this season is that the title and tease have been misdirection. In that when the Villains claim "It's getting the best of me", It actually gets the best of the Heroes. Or if the Villains claim "Slay Everyone, Trust No One", it's the Heroes who must trust no one.
This week, there's a female who is seen as a virus. But will this viral-woman have anything to do with the bootee? Not likely. Or at least, not in keeping with the trend so far. In fact, the Viral-Girl could even be Cirie.

Keeping this in mind, let's get to the parsing out of vidcap evidence, shall we...
Taking a peek at the ep3 vidcap thread reveals a couple of good tid-bits.

The Heroes return to camp after TC and let James have it. (In their passive-aggressive ways)
Tom: James has got to bring down the nasty, brutish bullying.

James: I just want to win, ya'll.

Colby: It's ugly, the situation.

Tom: You could have been gentler.

I can pretty much guarantee that the manner in which Tom and Colby go about calming the beast will end up resulting in an even angrier beast.
Specially, if the beast loses once again.
While there is no vidcap evidence of a Reward Challenge, there are challenge arrival shots where Courtney and Sandra's outfits do not match what they are wearing for the Immunity Challenge. (And a particular upcoming bootee is visible so it can't be from episode 3)

The result?
Well, James is still sulking.

So, it's very likely, the Heroes losing streak continues. Beast still on the loose.

Now, with regards to Hidden Idols and RC twists.
There are rumblings of both.
If there are HI's (and it's a pretty darned foregone conclusion there are) at this moment there are no indications anything happens to/with them. There could very well be a clue, but it seems the search isn't even worth a scintilla of hype, therefore it's most probable a hidden idol is NOT found, just yet.

So without twists, HIs or a reward, will the Heroes somehow manage to win the immunity?
Tis fortold that they will but let's do the deducing ourselves anyways...
The immunity challenge is based off of a Palau challenge titled Sumo at Sea.
Replace the sea with mud and voila!

SitOuts: Sandra & Courtney

IC Match-ups: (How do we know it's for immunity? Take a peek at the corner of Jiffy's pedestal. Yup, it's the idol.)
Tom Vs. Russell

(Winner: Tom?) The showdown continues and this round will probably go to Tom.

Amanda Vs. Danielle

(Winner: ?) Could go either way. These women are all but the same. Even in mud-grimed grimace.

Rupert Vs. Coach

(Winner: Coach!)

Candice Vs. Parvati

(Winner: North American Straight Male and Lesbian Female Viewers/Tie?)

JT Vs. Tyson

(Winner: JT?)

Cirie Vs. Jerri

(Winner: Cirie) On pure Sumo-standard weights and measures.

Colby Vs. Rob

(Winner: COLBY?!)

Which leaves...James Vs. Randy

(Winner: James) Only evidence being that James has FINALLY decided to wear a smile, even if it's not sincere...

Tom, Cirie, Colby, JT and James make the necessary points to FINALLY allow the Heroes a moment in the sun and away from Tribal Council. And a moment of joy for Candice and Rupert...

So, the focus must switch to the Villains for the ep3 Tribal Council.

Now, recalling the over-arching themes of old-guard vs. new-guard, considering the over-hyping of events which have nothing to do with the bootee and taking the actual boot-list into account let's separate the Villains into Safe, Misdirection or In Danger.

Safe:
Sandra:
Straddling the Villain tribe very strategically. Again doing all she can to insure she does not receive a vote at tribal council and succeeding at it.
Coach: So much of a different person this season. His experience will probably be of the life-changing variety. Not of the intrical to the theme variety. Other than that Villains (even delusional ones) can be heroic.
Danielle: Surprising her tribemates. Part of the Sunbathing crowd but stepping up in the Hardworking crowd as well.

MisDirection:
Jerri vs. Parvati:
Their battle is upcoming, one wherein Mother Teresa is probably taken out by the Devil's Advocate. But while the battle is imminent, there are other factors keeping this from happening just yet. Namely...
Russell vs. Rob: The Devil versus the Godfather. This battle will be epic and it will take place soon, but the thing is the groundwork still has yet to be fully laid. I imagine this episode will be just that. A barely legible roadmap of near-future events and where both parties will begin the necessary social game to insure the other is out soon.

In Danger:
Tyson:
Nary a blur or a joke to be had. He's not part of the theme this season and that is for a reason. He goes soon. But is he put up against the bootee this week?
Courtney: Courtney could very well be the viral-girl. According to Randy, she's by far the most useless Villain. Coming from Randy, that's huge. *eyeroll*
Randy: Conversely, according to Courtney "How did they (the heroes) get every awesome guy and we get Randy?", 'nuff said.

While a particular sourced spoiler would have the the bootee leaving over a lost machete, another sourced spoiler says it may NOT have to do with a machete, either way, they still agree about the boot.

Will the real Viral Girl, please stand up?

Viral Girl a.k.a. Randy:"This dress exacerbates the genetic betrayal that is my legacy."

QuickCheckSynopsis:
RC: Villains
HI: N/A
IC: Heroes
Target: Courtney (Tyson)
Bootee: Randy

And finally, a nod to the future of Survivor. As we know, JP is signed on for 21 and 22.
As we also know, EPMB has decided to have two seasons filmed in the same location from now on. Usually the first one dedicated to the place, while the second one will be based on a theme/twist.
As we're coming to know, and thanks in part to toad, for bringing us some news of the locations, the 21st and 22nd seasons may very well be filmed in Nicaragua with the Phillipines vying for seasons 23 and 24.

Thank you very much TrueDorkTimes, SurvivorFever, SurvivorPhoenix, SurvivorBlows, RTVW Community Guidelines, BluePeeps and fellow Blowhemians!
Now that you know, go vote!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 dabo 02-24-10 1
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 Krautboy 02-24-10 2
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 PhillyBrat 02-24-10 3
 OMG, TRIBE! Flowerpower 02-24-10 4
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 suzzee 02-24-10 5
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 samboohoo 02-24-10 6
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 byoffer 02-24-10 7
   RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 SquidProQuo 02-24-10 8
       RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 Krautboy 02-24-10 9
       RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 tribephyl 02-24-10 11
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 CTgirl 02-24-10 10
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 kingfish 02-25-10 12
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 kircon 02-25-10 13
 RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 Outfrontgirl 02-25-10 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
Good job, fun SOTS! Okay, I'll go start a vote thread now.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-24-10, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
Nice Tribephyl! Very nice indeed...

Krautboy

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-10, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
Well done Tribe. I say everything looks good this week. (Unless you are a fan of Randy that is..)

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "OMG, TRIBE!"
And I thought that KIRCON had raised the bar! Tribephyl you really are the MAN! What a perfect SOTS. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read it. Seriously, I was laughing whole-heartedly all the way through it, and I LOVED the alternate world references...

Before seeing this picture...

I haven't been able to get past this picture...

But, I was crying too, because now I feel obliged to do a creative and humorous SOTS too, when it's my turn....!#@%$&^*(%$! It just can NOT be done.

Yep, this is as high as it gets...funny...very funny, creative, informative, thorough, and most importantly it's a full blown bullseye, hits the nail on the head SOTS. Well done, Tribe. I really appreciate all of it and your hard work. Thanks,

Fondly,

FloPo

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
Awesome job. The Sugarandy pic is disturbing, very, but an excellent chop my dear.

And I have to follow this weeks SOTS. Now.I.am.sceered.
Bob help me.

Thanks Ag dahlin'!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
Great Job!

My favorite line: "(Winner: North American Straight Male and Lesbian Female Viewers/Tie?)"

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
(Winner: North American Straight Male and Lesbian Female Viewers/Tie?)

Screenwipe!!

Nicely played, Tribe. And well done on the rest of the SOTS.

Thanks to Tribe, I R hung.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-24-10, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
Great job, Tribe! You are so witty and entertaining...loved the parallel universe part because it's so true.

Wasn't sure where to put this, so sharing it here: A friend just tipped me off to this post (below) on Sandra's Facebook page this week. Very interesting comment...wonder if this means that Sandra gets into it with Randy? Or perhaps it's just foreshadowing upcoming ruthless gameplay (esp. from RussHell?!) on the Villains team. I'm surprised she's able to make game-related comments on FB.

SURVIVOR SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE relaxing day, 3 more days till the gates og hell oen up at the villains camp
Mon at 9:25pm

P.S. There was another interesting post from last week where she said she texted Rob, Courtney and Tyson asking, How are my buffoons doing this morning? (It was the day after the Rob confessional that he's on the buffoon tribe again). Just wondering if this means that Rob/Courtney/Tyson/Sandra are in an alliance that we haven't explicitly been shown yet? Interesting how the 3 specific people she mentions are tied to the upcoming boot list...

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-24-10, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
>SURVIVOR SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE relaxing day,
>3 more days till the
>gates og hell oen up
>at the villains camp
>Mon at 9:25pm

Thanks for sharing!

Sandra could be a making a subtle reference to Pavarti's confessional about her alliance with "The Devil" Russell, and the "gates of hell" opening up when Russell goes after Randy...

Krautboy

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
She was pretty coded in her tweet, so it's still veiled enough to not be in danger with the brass.
But the lines are there and those who study the show can certainly read between them.
The open gates of hell are certainly in reference to RussHell making true on his comment about stepping up his game.
The buffoon comment, while more timely than anything, certainly does sound like those she sent a text to are her favored people.
RussHell has his sights set on getting Rob out but Randy will be an easy first target. From that point forward, "Sandra's Buffoons" will start to get picked off.
Overall, even though we're holding it up against a boot list, it's possible that Sandra's buffoons haven't been revealed yet because their need to firm up votes hasn't happened yet. Nothing like a looming trip to tribal council to see where the lines are actually drawn. Considering the old adage, alliances revealed never survive, it leaves a bit of room for us to find out about it with the 3rd episode. Of which I believe a large part of the groundwork will be layed between Parvati and Jerri as well as between the B'Rob and RussHell.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-10, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
A night vision SOTS! (or are we in a parallel universe )

Great SOTS Tribe. I don't have as much time for spoiling this season as I've had in the past so its great to see it all laid out in one place! Thanks.

Snowfall by Tribe

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-10, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
Very funny and original, but very disturbing.

Nice job Tribe. RTVW writers rock!

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-25-10, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
Wow! Thanks Sir tribe.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-10, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S20 SOTS: Week 3 "
wonderful and witty!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •