The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20 Episode #3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-10, 04:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S20 Episode #3"
Getting the wooden box rolling for the vidcaps for week three, "That Girl is Like a Virus"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Post-Show preview tribephyl 02-19-10 1
   First thoughts.. PhillyBrat 02-19-10 2
   RE: Post-Show preview Carezy 02-19-10 3
       RE: Post-Show preview SquidProQuo 02-19-10 4
       RE: Post-Show preview Rayne 02-19-10 5
           RE: Post-Show preview tribephyl 02-19-10 6
               RE: Post-Show preview SquidProQuo 02-19-10 7
                   RE: Post-Show preview michel 02-19-10 11
 Promo vidcaps Flowerpower 02-19-10 8
   RE: Promo vidcaps Brownroach 02-19-10 9
       RE: Promo vidcaps SquidProQuo 02-19-10 10
   RE: Promo vidcaps michel 02-19-10 12
       RE: Promo vidcaps tribephyl 02-20-10 13
           RE: Promo vidcaps michel 02-20-10 14
               RE: Promo vidcaps SquidProQuo 02-21-10 17
 PIP Promo with some new vidcaps SquidProQuo 02-21-10 15
   RE: PIP Promo with some new vidcaps SquidProQuo 02-21-10 16
 Press Release, from Phoenix SpotTheDifference 02-23-10 18
 Ep. 3 press photos SquidProQuo 02-25-10 19
   RE: Ep. 3 press photos chaoswva 02-25-10 20
   RE: Ep. 3 press photos michel 02-25-10 21
 RE: S20 Episode #3 Outfrontgirl 02-25-10 22
   RE: S20 Episode #3 SquidProQuo 02-25-10 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-19-10, 05:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Post-Show preview"
Thanks Phoenix!

JP: Next time on Survivor...

JP: Go!

James: Whip her ass!

Courtney: I told you you're on the wrong team, James.
JP: A hero spirals out of control.

Tom: James has got to bring down the nasty, brutish bullying.

James: I just want to win, ya'll.

Colby: It's ugly, the situation.

Tom: You could have been gentler.

Night shots should all be from after TC2. Misdirection would have us believe that due to James' game demeanor that he will be in trouble. What's more interesting to me is that it looks very suspiciously like James will join the Villains. Courtney's comment along with him walking towards them smiling makes me think a twist has him visiting their tribe. Perhaps even their tribal council.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-19-10, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "First thoughts.."
This appears to be the immunity challenge.. as Courtney and Sandra are sitting out. (And Court just sat out of the crate rolling challenge, no survivor can sit out in back to back challenges..)

Because this challenge is physical and the heroes are down two women, the Villans sit out two women.

Also this shot has everyone covered in mud (missing Randy who just took on James). They do not look very happy with the results..

Also I believe that the title will refrence Courtney who is on the sidelines of this challenge annoying the heck out of James.

(And those IMG tags are GONE ooh how I hated them! lol, ty for the tip Tribe)

Carezy 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-19-10, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carezy Click to send private message to Carezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Post-Show preview"
It looks like the challenge is basically two people are on a raised platform that's covered with mud, and they have to get a point by pushing their opponent off. We can kind of see that with the Colby/Rob pictures, and it looks like Rob may be falling off?!

Have they ever done this challenge before?? I know that they have been doing previous challenges, and I can remember the ones where they would fall in the water, but not mud... Anyone remember?

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-19-10, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Post-Show preview"
Tribe, I like your idea that James or someone from Heroes goes over to visit the Villains tribe. That would likely mean that the mud challenge is a reward challenge (or combined)? I don't see an immunity idol anywhere, so hard to say for sure, but it definitely looks like the Villains lose this challenge.

There has been no mention of hidden immunity idols yet, but as I recall there were rumors that they come into play big time this season...so the possibility of visitors might mean they're starting to give out clues.

Rayne 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-19-10, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rayne Click to send private message to Rayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Post-Show preview"
>Have they ever done this challenge
>before?? I know that they
>have been doing previous challenges,
>and I can remember the
>ones where they would fall
>in the water, but not
>mud... Anyone remember?

I think they did this one in Palau

02-19-10, 03:31 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Post-Show preview"
The Palau version:
Immunity Challenge: Tribes would face off in a series of one-on-one sumo-style battles. The Survivors would use padded duffle bags to knock their adversaries out of a ring and into the sea. The first tribe to win six bouts would take Immunity.
Trade the water for mud and voila'.

02-19-10, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Post-Show preview"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-10 AT 04:22 PM (EST)

Yes, this is basically the same challenge but in the mud. You can see more in this new preview that's up on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OhUiG8yhQ

Looks like Coach wins his round -- he's definitely in better physical shape vs. his first season. I'll see if I can find the vidcaps.

The Parv vs. Jerri comments are pretty funny...will be interesting to see this rivalry play out.

ETA: Here's the transcript for the new preview, thanks to Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Announcer: The Survivor Villains are turning on each other.

Rob : I don't trust Russell at all.

Coach : Russell is walking on very thin ice.

Russell : They want to play rough? I can play rough. I gotta get rid of my rivals. Nobody knows who they messin' with around here.

Parvati : Jerri's annoying. She's just a bitter old cougar.

Jerri : I just want to punch her in the face.

Announcer: And the Heroes better get it together.

James : I just want to win.

Announcer: Because this filthy challenge is gonna get dirty.

Coach:

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-10, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Post-Show preview"
They also did this challenge in Fiji. There, the most memorable round was Cassadra nearly breaking Rita's nose.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-10, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Promo vidcaps"
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Announcer: The Survivor Villains are turning on each other.

Rob : I don't trust Russell at all.

Coach : Russell is walking on very thin ice.

Russell : They want to play rough? I can play rough. I gotta get rid of my rivals. Nobody knows who they messin' with around here.

Parvati : Jerri's annoying. She's just a bitter old cougar.

Jerri : I just want to punch her in the face.

Announcer: And the Heroes better get it together.

James : I just want to win.

Announcer: Because this filthy challenge is gonna get dirty.

Coach:

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-10, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Promo vidcaps"
Coach:

What, does he say something in an arcane language he invented that only Samoan bats can hear?

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

02-19-10, 06:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Promo vidcaps"
That's funny -- the original transcript said Coach "roars" - ha! Maybe it got cut off when I first brought.

02-19-10, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Promo vidcaps"
Love these vidcaps!

To spoil this challenge, we should also pull in some of the intro shots because there are many taken from this, Rupert and Candice on particular. Their hug seems to be a celebration hug, not just a 1 point hug.

02-20-10, 04:45 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Promo vidcaps"
I agree. The hug is celebratory. Game celebratory, not just point celebratory.
I have been searching for intro shots but have been unlucky so far.

02-20-10, 11:09 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Promo vidcaps"
The whole introduction is vidcapped here at immunityidol under themesong vidcap:

http://www.immunityidol.net/vidcaps/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146686

The most interesting ones are these two:

02-21-10, 00:57 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Promo vidcaps"
Looks like it's raining in the celebration hug between Rupert and Candice...don't recall it raining in the other vidcaps...so perhaps it's another indication this happens at the end of the challenge. If nothing else, figuring out when it starts to rain would help place timing.

02-21-10, 00:28 AM (EST)
15. "PIP Promo with some new vidcaps"
The PIP promo gives us a few new vidcaps of the mud challenge. I won't bring them all over, but the important "new" shots show that Cirie takes on Jerri (can't really tell who wins that round):

Also, there's some interesting new footage near the end of the PIP promo that shows a dejected Heroes tribe walking back to camp and James kicks something. They are all clean, so it can't be after the mud challenge. I don't think it's from last week's episode, although I suppose we should confirm that...my guess at this point is that it's from this week's reward challenge, which the Heroes must lose. Here are the vidcaps:

Here's the link to the PIP video where you can better tell that James is kicking something out of frustration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGEpPtSXWKE

02-21-10, 00:45 AM (EST)
16. "RE: PIP Promo with some new vidcaps"
Based on all the vidcaps, it appears to me that these are the mud challenge matchups:

MEN
- Colby vs. Rob (looks like Colby redeems himself and wins)
- James vs. Randy (no brainer who wins this one -- looks like James gets mean and rubs it in by stomping on him...I'm guessing this is what Steph refers to in her post-game interviews when she says that James' bullying gets even worse in this week's episode)
- Tom vs. RussHell (I can't tell who wins this one...last week RussHell beat Tom so it would be nice if Tom also redeems himself this week)
-- JT vs. Tyson (can't tell who wins but you'd have to guess JT)
-- Coach vs. Rupert (looks like Coach wins and gives a Rupert roar as a dis...Coach is certainly redeeming himself physically in the challenges this season)

WOMEN
- Cirie vs. Jerri (? can't tell who wins based on vidcaps -- Jerri is one of the few Villains with a clean face, so maybe it's her)
- Amanda vs. Danielle (hard to tell but if it's Danielle's pathetic face in the vidcap below, then I'd have to say Amanda
- Candice vs. Parv (leaning toward Candice as the winner because it looks like Candice is pushing Parv off the platform...but then in another vidcap it looks like they're both in the mud so hard to say for sure)

Overall, it's got to be a Heroes win, based on sheer strength, the celebration hugs, and the muddiness factor of the Villains....not to mention this pathetic vidcap which seems to sum it all up for the Villains:

Is this Danielle? I feel so sorry for her!

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-23-10, 06:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Press Release, from Phoenix"
Survivor Phoenix has the following info:

One tough villain has the whole tribe on edge as everyone sets their sights on a very dangerous alliance, on "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains"

One of the most powerful women in the game targets a worthy adversary and gets aggressive in her efforts to oust an immediate threat.

---

Signs point to Villains going to TC, with the Micronesia alliance still receiving focus. The women, I think, are Jerri and Parvati, who seem out to get each other based on the other previews.

02-25-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
19. "Ep. 3 press photos"
Survivor Phoenix has the CBS press photos up. There are individual shots of 6 people (Sandra, Coach, Russell, Parv, Boston Rob and James...so all the main protagonists, but no Randy).

There are also 4 new mud challenge shots (you can tell it's raining pretty hard in some of them):

Now that I'm looking at all the challenge matchups again, it's curious that JT is taking on Tyson, and James is taking on Randy -- shouldn't these 2 guys (esp. James) be paired against some of the stronger Villain men like Rob and Russell instead? Perhaps the pairings are purely random, but I'm just wondering if there could be some strategy on the Micronesia alliance's part to try to set up Colby and Tom to be losers.

Also, this latest shot of Colby and Rob makes me wonder about the outcome of that match-up, as Colby is pretty darn muddy too. I originally thought you win if you get someone into the mud, but it looks like they continue fighting...or perhaps there are multiple rounds?

P.S. Here's the link if you want to see the individual photos:
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S20E03Press

chaoswva 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-10, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chaoswva Click to send private message to chaoswva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep. 3 press photos"
Links to similar challanges from S14 Figi in the mud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-oyenYVzgs

1 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CPWqh2c3lA

2 of 2

and from S10 Palau in the water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvBisZm7IZs

1 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOz4I4wGgdc

2 of 2

02-25-10, 05:39 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Ep. 3 press photos"
I think I can answer 2 of your questions:
- If the Villains are smart they should put their weakest guy against James. I don't think anyone can beat the big guy so keep the strong guys to face the others.

- The bag gets muddier and muddier as the rounds go by so Colby and Rob are simply a late match-up. They get dirty just by rubbing against the bag.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-10, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: S20 Episode #3"
I think Danielle beats Amanda because here she's going in on top of Amanda:

so her face will get plastered in the mud but she still takes the point.

Russ could beat Tom because his face is pretty clean on the bench after his round.

There's only one challenge.
Randy is the last villain to remain pure and white, and there can't be a rematch before all the Villains go at least once. Whether that is the last point is hard to say. I think it went to 7 in Fiji and 6 in Palau?

Of the eight rounds we see, Villains win or could win
Jerri, Coach (for sure) + Danielle, Russ

Heroes:
Colby, James, Candice, JT (probably)

If Tom beats Russ, that is 5. If not, then we don't see all the rounds.

02-25-10, 09:18 PM (EST)
23. "RE: S20 Episode #3"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-10 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

Oops, forgot it's not midnight yet...never mind!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •